Lou & Mickey's
224 Fifth Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Lou & Mickey's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.louandmickeys.com/
- Phone: 6192374900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: MONDAY - FRIDAY: 11:30 AM - 4:00pm PM
-NO VALET DURING LUNCH-
SUNDAY - THURSDAY: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
FRIDAY- SATURDAY: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Lou & Mickey's can accomodate groups from 12-400. 2 private dining spaces, custom menus for sit-down dinners & receptions. Perfect for corporate meetings, rehearsal dinners & graduations.
A word from Lou & Mickey's
Gaslamp's "Favorite Steakhouse" is directly across the street from the San Diego Convention Center and two blocks from Petco Park. Join us for famous steaks, choice seafood, and exotic drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Lou & Mickey's - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Lou & Mickey's reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)great for outdoor dining (66)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (39)romantic (37)notable wine list (33)great for lunch (24)hot spot (24)scenic view (17)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (13)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Awesome FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014This was my second time dining at Lou and Mickey's and we ordered the same thing. Bone-in ribeye and Seafood platter. The seafood is fresh, the ribeye was cooked to perfection. Everything was great. We did enjoy the first experience better though. I felt like I was working a lot harder for the seafood the second time. There is also a variety of sauces that comes with the platter. I wish it was explained to us what goes well with what. Overall, it was a great experience though and I would definitely visit again the next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Great food. Steak cooked properly and very tasty. Favorite part was the caramel apple crisp.Special Features:
- Good food. Nice service but...MehhhVIPDined on 9/16/2014As the title says food was good. Service by Ashley was exceptional. Prices are exorbitant. Thing Las Vegas Casino Steakhouse. Too many other options in The Gaslamp to return for me.
- Lou & Mickey's is Gaslamp's finest.desertbirdDined on 9/13/2014Incredible raw bar, delicious, reasonable cocktails, and some off the best prime cuts San Diego has to offer. Their menu includes new cuts like a "bone-in filet" as well as the classic "baseball sirloin" which is not a very common cut anymore. I've had them both, and they rank tied for #1 on my list of favorites here. L&M's is the place my wife and I prefer when we do Gaslamp, and this last trip we brought some friends whom were equally impressed. Dress nice, enjoy the ambience, then grab your Chargers jersey and finish the night off in the quarter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NY Style Steak House in SDPDSdinesoutDined on 9/13/2014There are several optioins now in the vibrant and youthful Gas Lamp Disctrict of San Diego - Steaks and Seafood are moderatley priced and you will enjoy yourself - I wish I could put this in the Morton's catagory but I can't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money.NancyJoDined on 9/13/2014We were seated outside at a table with a dirty tablecloth. Since we were completely ignored by the waitstaff for the first 15 minutes we were there, I had time to clean it myself. When the waiter took our drink order it turned out that they did not have the wine on hand that we requested. The food was very good, and the waiter (once he waited on us) was great. However, I would have expected a better overall experience for the hundreds of dollars we spent there. We won't go back.Special Features:
- a great steak house!musiczmanDined on 9/13/2014a really great find in downtown san diego! the food, service and atmosphere was outstanding. it does get a little noisy at times but overall, an amazing experience for anyone that remembers what a great steakhouse should look like and be. this place is it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old time feelKazoo223Dined on 9/12/2014Best known for its beef/steaks. Ambience was great. Service excellent! Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidWashIngtonVIPDined on 9/11/2014We had been here last year and this is the reason that we came back for our vacation this year. Turns out, once was enough. We actually had the same server and she was wonderful. HOWEVER-- my crab cakes were horrible and undercooked. My spouses steak was over done. The bread rolls were not fully cooked and the butter was frozen (not a good combination). The mac and cheese appetizer was not bad. Overall, going here once is great, but as a place to return to-- nope. Lots of other places in the Gaslamp area to eat at.Special Features:
- Great steak!GrubberVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had dinner here on a sat night. Place was busy but service was excellent. We had a delay in getting our steaks so manager apologized and gave us free appetizer and drinks. Steaks were some of the best we've ever had. Will Definately go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abananasDined on 9/6/2014We love that we can get excellent, fresh seafood and steak here. Everything was cooked perfect and all the sauces for our food was amazing. To top off our enjoyable dinner, our waiter (Juan) was very attentive, gave great recommendations, and was able to handle our picky group.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014The food was expensive, but excellent! Our waiter was attentive, friendly and professional. It did get a little noisy as the crowd built and it was difficult to hear each other across the table in our party of 6Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterB11558Dined on 8/25/2014Great meal and outstanding service. We had our meal at the end of the Lunch service (3:30PM reservation), with a very attentive staff. Dined in outdoor garden, with hustle and bustle of city (railroad crossing gate) and near convention center and baseball stadium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anothergreatoneDined on 8/22/2014It was a very expensive dinner. However, the food was top notch and the service outstanding. A great variety of chilled shellfish. Top grade beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerMariaBDined on 8/22/2014This was our second time having dinner at Lou & Mickey's and it was absolutely fantastic. We started with the goat cheese and roasted garlic appetizer (amazing), then my husband had the baseball cut filet and I had the filet three-way (three different sauces). I had a wonderful grasshopper drink that tasted exactly like an Andes Mint and he had the Shark's Tooth (tropical drink). They let him select any dessert he wanted on the house for his birthday, so we split their sundae (homemade vanilla and chocolate ice cream, fudge sauce and carmelized pecans). Everything was wonderful and the service was top-notch. We will make this a regular stop when we are down in San Diego for dinner.Special Features:
- Sub-par for the priceJeffADined on 8/14/2014We have been to many Prime Steak restaurants and don't mind paying for a really awesome meal, but the just was not up to the standard that we expect for a $50 steak (with sides extra). Don't get me wrong, it was a _good_ steak, and the service was _good_, but both lacked sizzle. If this were a $30 steak (including sides) it would be rated higher. Just one more thing... the martini had two olives, which is somewhat of a faux pas for martini lovers.
- Excellent cookMarDeg50Dined on 8/10/2014Hi. This place is in a busy downtown area between buildings very close to train station and the Convention Center, with some attractive view. So, It isn't it's a little noisy and then a lot of people walking around great if you like to see a lot of peoples when you enjoying your meal.I make a reservationI am beginning to find something at the Coronado. I thought I going to be at the Coronado Lou,..when I figured it out its in a downtown I just leave it there and I'll come over.Great New Orleans Shrimps appetizer I recommended! Great parking $15.French onion soup I ask for not 2 heavy stuff, was to cheese for me. Homeless man stop and bother for quick group Glass of chardonnay great w file Mignon a baked 2 big potato & asparagus.Total $150.Special Features:
- Amazing Experience All Around!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Lou & Mickey's was the best dining experience that I have had in a long time! The food was great, the service was great, the drinks were great...really, EVERYTHING was great! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who can afford it! Definitely worth the price though!Special Features:
- Fantastic SteaksDinDin4meVIPDined on 8/3/2014If you are into steaks this is the place to be. Had the filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection (rare and juicy). Service was outstanding. Our waiter very well versed in wine selection and the steaks on hand. I was disappointed that Lou & Mickey's did not offer hot lava cake on the dessert menu. Slight oversight, overall experience was well worth it. Thanks Lou & Mickey's for a fabulous steak din din!!Special Features:
- Great steaks!boscobelanger1Dined on 8/1/2014The steaks here are awesome! We made a reservation at the last minute and they honored it even though we were 15 minutes late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaslamp Finestchill1Dined on 7/29/2014I thought the Service was awesome. The staff was very Friendly and accommodating, the manager even helped me tie my Bow Tie so needless to say he went above and beyond for a customer. It was my wife and I 8th year anniversary and the waiter took note of that and made an extra effort to ensure that we had a wonderful dinning experience. The food was excellent & I would recommend anyone to visit. We had an 20oz bone - in Rib Eye and it was cooked to perfection. Bravo GuysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMikeVIPDined on 7/27/2014Took a group or work colleagues. Food is terrific and high quality. Great wine list with impressive display. The staff was professional and friendly, our waiter made it fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!!drumDined on 7/26/2014L&m showed my wife an amazing dinner during h e r bday and comic-con saturday. Foods amazing, view was even better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food amid the ComicCon chaos!DowntowndinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great view and even better food during ComicCon! Service was prompt even with the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy they are open during SDCC!FrankWDined on 7/24/2014Was excited to see that during my trip to Comic Con this year they were open again. With cnet buying them out for the last few years to use as their headquarters, it had been a number of disappointing trips to SD. But back to normal, and hopefully for a few years! Great food, excellent crab cake, I was in heaven!Special Features:
- Finally open again!epik73Dined on 7/23/2014I've been attending the San Diego comic con for 9 years straight now and have always eaten at Lou and Mickey's across from the convention center ,unfortunately for the last few years the restaurant has rented out the building to a video game company for promotion during the convention,I was very happy that this year on preview night we were able to enjoy a meal at our favorite San Diego restaurant Lou and Mickeys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place consistant foodluvefoodDined on 7/23/2014I have the breaded chicken breast which is outstanding not in menu have waitress ask the chefSpecial Features:
- KevinDDined on 7/20/2014Always enjoy it! Food and service very consistent.Special Features:
- Delish!divadev8Dined on 7/19/2014Lou & Mickey's never disappoints! Delicious food, the wait staff is very attentive and the dirty martinis with blue cheese stuffed olives are on point!Special Features:
- Always Consistent!plernerVIPDined on 7/18/2014Food is consistently good and although I've only eaten steak there, the menu is large and offers other choices which I'm sure are wonderful. The service is great from the time you walk in the door. The location is terrific because Lou and Mickey's is located at the beginning of the Gaslamp district. They are close to where the action is, but not in the middle of the chaos especially on a weekend night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great drinks, good foodsdco1Dined on 7/17/2014One of our favorite upscale places. greats drinks and atmosphere, but the last visit the food seems to have slipped a bit. caprese salad was good, but grilled artichoke was so chewy it was almost inedible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Diego Convention Ctr 'Go To'kmapsmithDined on 7/15/2014I've attended a User Conference in San Diego for many years and can always count on Lou & Mickey's, located a short walk from the Convention Center. Whether you have a meeting with one other or a group of 10, you will be seated promptly, have great service, and get great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT NEIGHBORHOOD FINDcatherinelDined on 7/12/2014This was our second trip to Lou & Mickey's, a wonderful locally owned steakhouse at the entrance to the Gaslamp District in San Diego. The menu is fairly traditional, with the things you would expect from a good steakhouse, but being right by the water, their fish and seafood were fresh and the selections varied. The service was friendly and attentive, and I like the traditional old-style steakhouse décor-- dark wood and dim lights, though it doesn't feel at all dated. A great steakhouse in one of San Diego's most energetic neighborhoods. We visit San Diego a few times a year and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014Steak, crab, scalloped potatoes were all delicious! But, the service was pretty bad. It took forever for the server to take out order. We even told him we were ready to order and he said he will come back in a few minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun way to enjoy the GaslampWant2havefunDined on 7/6/2014Great Patio with interesting appetizers and a killer Bloody Mary.Special Features:
- Great food poor serviceJodes89Dined on 7/5/2014Food was amazing and wonderful but the service left much to be desired. We were dissappointed. The server at the table next to us,however, was wonderfully attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CpetersonDined on 7/3/2014If you enjoy a good steak, great service, beauftiful location then you need to come here. We won't eat steak at other restaurants because it just doesn't measure up. We have tried other meals here but we come here mostly for the steak or to stop in for a cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2014Enjoyed the Filet Oscar, next time will have to try the 3 way! Thanks for a great night/dinner to celebrate our anniversary!Special Features:
- Delicious!LuvagoodmealDined on 6/29/2014I had the crab cakes and my husband has steak. Both were way above par. Very good. Highly recommend. Not inexpensive though.Special Features:
- Very good and reasonably pricedPNSFDined on 6/25/2014Was here for lunch two times during a very large convention. One time with reservation, one time without. Both times, no issue getting a larger table and the overall experience was great. Food is priced reasonably for being located in front of a convention center. Burger and steaks are very good, actually. There are some bar like restaurants nearby that do not offer this quality but charge similarly or even higher. Atmopshere is nice. Service was not always fast, but very friendly. The noise level is still ok for talking some business but there might be quieter places for this.Special Features: