1924 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11229Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brooklynthai.com/
- Phone: 7185136686
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Sunday: 11:30am till sunrise
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Chai Chunton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: By menu or prefix dinner, call us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available for up to 65 guests, call for more information
- Private Party Contact: Chai Chunton 7185136686
- Entertainment: Thursday - Saturday multiple DJ's starting 8.30 pm. Sunday late brunch starting 4 pm with live music and magicians performance.
A word from Lotus.Thai
Lotus.Thai is the latest Thai dining development in NYC' Brooklyn. The Space has contemporary, casual vibrant atmosphere with a sleek¸ retro industrial chic design, yet very warm and inviting. Lotus features authentic Thai dishes made from fresh ingredients to highlight the wonderful flavors of classic Thai, exploring the exotics flavors and the tantalizing blend of hot, sour, bitter, sweet, and salty to create a stimulating sensual evocative adventure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lotus.Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always enjoyable!Junie1309Dined on 7/25/2014I've been to Lotus a couple of times now. The last time, I took a group of friends and they loved it!! Definitely a place to go to for a good meal and good drinks!Special Features:
- Liked ItKaban2014Dined on 7/25/2014Came here by advertisement in radio - was advertized 50% off all drinks. Received drinks list exactly as advertised - Mojito for 5, bottle of champagne for 12.5 - not bad!!! Appetizers are very tasty, but not cheap, half of the duck for entree was the gem!. Very ambient atmosphere, VERY nice waitresses. Recommend for a chilling spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeHundumplinDined on 7/11/2014Stopped here for dinner before our movie. The food was tasty but the service was a little slow. There were about 3 girls walking around and we kept having to look for someone when we wanted another drink/ order. They didn't have a food rating in the window but we still gave it a try.Special Features:
- GREAT SPOTAWESOMEDined on 6/3/2014I loved this place! Great place for thai food lovers and hookah lovers! Our server was Mint and she was awesome! The food was amazing as was the ambiance! i took my friends there for a birthday dinner but plan on going back for a date because that place is just too good! -Samina =]Special Features:
- Tyoical Thai MenudappieDined on 5/11/2014Good experience. Arrived on time and was seated right away. Food is good and price is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedNYCGalDined on 5/10/2014The service was great, and the food was delicious. Got a chance to meet the owner and he was very warm and inviting. We lucked up in parking right outside in the front. The dishes were reasonably priced. Would definitely return, and recommend it also for private parties the space was nice and nicely decorated.Special Features:
- The following 57 reviews are from the Lotus.Thai reviews archive.
- DaystarDined on 4/19/2014Restaurant is roomy and great for birthday parties. However the food did not make the cut like other Thai restaurants I have eaten at.Special Features:
- Lotus Thai Was GreatBklynmom3Dined on 4/18/2014It's a wonderful Brooklyn gem! Food was coil, wine was nice, not too loud or quiet. We had such a wonderful time and service was the jewel. Everyone was just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upon entering the space, aMsXio84Dined on 3/15/2014Upon entering the space, a hostess greeted us immediately. Our waitress was very friendly and accomodating and the food most importantly was also good. For drinks I had the Blue thai Mojito and my friend had the a thai iced tea. For starters we shared the dumpling sampler. For dinner I had the marinated rib eye, fried sweet potatoes and bokchoy. My friend had the Red curry w/ shrimp and Jasmine rice. My steak was very tender and juicy and my friends food also had good flavor balancing the seafood with the red curry spices. We in the end split their version of the bananas foster for dessert. Overall, I would say that the place is a nice spot to check out if your hanging out on a Friday or Saturday. Little pricy for the portion size.Special Features:
- mixed feelings...foodlover24Dined on 2/14/2014Maybe it's better on a day other then Valentine's day. All customers were crammed together. Seems we all had the same waitress and obviously couldn't wait on us correctly. Chilean sea bass was good. Expensive and only came with spinach.Special Features:
- Great Valentine's ChoiceprofejoyceDined on 2/14/2014This was a last minute pick on Valentine's Day and I really wasn't sure how my girlfriend would like it. She loved it and we had a great time with delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingamandaDined on 1/26/2014great food and service and atmosphere a little pricySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Great and the PeopleSamiDined on 12/29/2013Food was Great and the People working there were very kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was looking for a Thai placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2013I was looking for a Thai place to take my parents for dinner. I was reading the reviews for the place and was surprised of some of the negative comments but still decided to go. The food was great. One of the best Thai food I had and I had many. The prices are very reasonable. Don’t pay attention to the negative remarks about the place. I would definitely go back and its a drive for me from Long Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/20131. There computer was not on so they couldn't put in that I showed up. 2. When you ask for something, they forget and seem like they don't even care. At one point I had to wave both my hands to get one of the ladies to come to our table. 3. Waited half an hour for our food and didn't get it till we reminded the lady. 4. Food was cold and duck just a little over cooked. 5. Finally at the end we had to pay 18% tip for only two people. This must be the reason why the stuff acts like they couldn't care less about giving good service. Why should they if they're going to get a great tip no matter what.
- Slow ServiceLincVIPDined on 7/31/2013If you're not in a rush or hungry at all, this is the best spot. We were a party of 4 who came here on a Wednesday evening to celebrate a friend's birthday. Diners are usually greeted with water within 1 -3 minutes of being seated. We waited about 10 minutes before we were given ice water, and we also had to ask for it. Appetizers took about 20 minutes. Entrees took another 20 minutes after we were done with appetizers. We didn't think that dessert would take long either, but we waited for half an hour. I'm assuming it was the manager who gave us each a complimentary shot of lychee...something. It was a nice gesture but didn't make up for the insanely long wait.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2013Love lotus... It's one of the best local restaurant in Brooklyn I've been to... The food is amazing... Good price and you actually get a good amount of good on ur plate... Totally love the decor an hookah.. Very spacious an clean... Great service... Can't wait to visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's very discrete from thessjjDined on 4/27/2013It's very discrete from the outside, but when you walk inside it's amazing. I'm glad I found it. The food is really good too!Special Features:
- First time dining at LotusRHS143Dined on 4/19/2013First time dining at Lotus Thai and was impressed! Great food, the service is impeccable, the selection of drinks are wonderful and they have a hookah lounge! Great for groups! Had several appetizers from crispy fish with mangoes to frog legs. All delish!!! Main entrees we had the filet mignon, Thai paella sytle and the tilapia dish. Terrific as well. We had the Thai Iced Tea...a must!!! and the mango margarita!! Would come back here for sure. If you want a nice quiet romantic evening, this is not the place for you. It can get a little vibrant. Unless your date don't mind! they have a DJ who plays club music (some say Euro trash music- i kinda like it though LOL!)Special Features:
- Attentive service. Nice decor.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2013Attentive service. Nice decor. ok food. Would come again for the vibe :)
- A Very vibrant place. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2013A Very vibrant place. Food is good. Service is good. Gets very vibrant with live DJ after 8pm.Special Features:
- Mediocre Dinning ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I was a last minute neigborhood booking for Valentines Day. We were happy to arrive and be seated, but waited much over 15 minutes to even put in a drink order. If we hadn't had ordered everything all at the same time, Appetizers and Dinner Plates, I feel it would have taken close to two hours to have a simple dinner and bottle of wine. It was crowded, I will give the restaurant that, but they should have accommodated for the amount of reservations by having an extra number of people on. Probably wouldn't go back unless it was off peak hours for lunch or was at least offered a complementary glass of wine.Special Features:
- It was a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012It was a great experience. The atmosphere was very chic and modem. They were also very accommodating even when my party was 3 greater than reserved. The food was awesome and affordable also.Special Features:
- the waitress didn't understandOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/2/2012the waitress didn't understand english. the food took very long to come out and the restaurant wasn't even crowded.
- my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012The food was amazing, nice music, very friendly staff. Excellent place to celebrate your event
- Great Thai food!WallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 11/22/2012This is easily one of the best Thai restaurants in Brooklyn. Nice inventive dishes, good spice mix.Special Features:
- Great Thai food in BrooklynOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2012good food as usual, price a little high, a rare gem in southern BrooklynSpecial Features:
- quite a good place with greatOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/27/2012quite a good place with great food and drinks too. food is moderately priced according to cuisine and neighborhood, but drinks are quite overpriced (manhattan-level).Special Features:
- Went there on a deal for theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Went there on a deal for the second time. The food is pretty good, not great but good. Compared to the other reviews I've read, my service was excellent. The food did take a while to come, but I enjoyed the time with my husband and the wait staff was very pleasant. One thing I don't like about this place, though it's just my personal taste, is that may of the chairs do not have backs, so for a long wait for food, it can get uncomfortable to sit. Overall, it's a very nice ambiance for the neighborhood and I would probably go back there againSpecial Features:
- I will always visit Lotus,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012I will always visit Lotus, comfortable atmosphere, so many choices for dinner and everything was delicious! On regret is that they did not have any Zinfandel which is our favorite wine but we made do, everything else covered the missing wine. Lotus is recommendable. Thank you.Special Features:
- Horrible service! ChargedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2012Horrible service! Charged us an extra $40 because we brought a cake. When I mentioned that we would be bringing.our own cake to the receptionist over the phone, there was no mention of an extra charge. When the subject was addressed they rudely responded to our complaints and refused to accommodate us. Will never ever go again worst experience we've ever had!!!!!!
- Everything was mediocre, notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012Everything was mediocre, not bad, but not good either. I wouldn't recommend going there for REAL Thai food.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2012The food was wonderful. The table was spacious and comfortable. The decor was lovely. The servers were okay in energy and eagerness to inform. Seemed a bit off put by our questions, but still okay. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant and definitely plan to go back in the future.Special Features:
- The area wasn't so cool, butOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/3/2012The area wasn't so cool, but the restaurant was. Food was delicious, especially the seafood paella. Service was attentive, but a little slow.Special Features:
- I was in a group of 11 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2012I was in a group of 11 people and the service was a little slow but the food was good.Special Features:
- Had a mother's day dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/13/2012Had a mother's day dinner. There was a private party at the restaurant, as such we had to wait and wait and wait for our drinks and food. We almost left after waiting for 1.5 hours for entrees. Manager however offered complementary free drinks, and in about 5 mins our food was there. Food was tasty.Special Features:
- I had a great time, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2012I had a great time, great food. The food could have come out a bit faster, but overall it was great.Special Features:
- This was my 2nd time goingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2012This was my 2nd time going there and I love it! The food is fantastic and very good prices. One negative issue was the front hostess, could of been better. As in greeting people and letting customers know there was a coat check in.
- Food was excellent. ServicehlauDined on 3/2/2012Food was excellent. Service was so much better than my last visit. Hope it lasts since lunch is quiet.Special Features:
- What a surprice i found inOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/14/2012What a surprice i found in my own neighborhood! I did not expect this place to be much, but it exceeded all expectations -- GREAT food, tasty drinks, moderate prices and good service. Was there on Valentine's Day and they had rose petals on every table, baloons, some other stuff i cant recall now. Two weeks later i decided to confirm the food quality -- I ordered take out -- it was equally good! bottom line -- recommended place.Special Features: