Lotus Farm to Table
112 West State Street
Media, PA 19063Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lotus Farm to Table
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lotusfarmtotable.com/
- Phone: 6105655554
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Allen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether it’s a sit down dinner for 44 or a stand up receptions for 60, think Lotus Farm to Table for your next event. The Chef prepares delectable dishes from farm fresh ingredients and nothing is fried, overly seasoned, fussy, or contrived. If you want to make your next event a memorable one, let us help you design an event that that’s sure to please. We also do off premise catering. Our chef and highly skilled staff will be happy to recreate the Lotus Farm to Table experience in the comfort of your home or for your wedding.
- Entertainment: We have monthly entertainment.
A word from Lotus Farm to Table
Lotus Farm to Table, a contemporary American restaurant, owned by Courtney Rozsas, is nestled within the lively atmosphere of State Street in Media, PA. The intimate 40-seat eatery is a BYOB that offers a casual and comfortable atmosphere through its soothing colors and dark woods. Chef Ryan Sulikowski has created a tasty menu of healthy dishes. Every dish is prepared from whole foods, easily digested and proportioned so that diners can enjoy multiple courses with lots of variety without feeling over extended. At lunch Lotus provides a refuge from the hustle and bustle of the daily grind. Light soups and bright flavors will energize the diner for rest of the day. Floral teas that bloom as they brew in the clear glass teapots can enhance the mood and calm the nerves. At night, the serene décor accentuates the simplistic and unfussy menu that features the week"s freshest ingredients from local farms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Lotus Farm to Table - Best Restaurants in Media ›
Lotus Farm to Table reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (17)romantic (10)special occasion (8)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (6)good for groups (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Imaginative and DeliciousCarapacerDined on 8/14/2014Always a treat to see what's cookin' at Lotus, and we are never disappointed in local food well prepared and beautifully served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Saturday LunchSeriousAboutDessertDined on 8/9/2014We had a nice lunch here but were the only diners on a summer Saturday. Our sandwiches were creative and well made. We had pots of loose leaf teas also, although I would prefer a system where the leaves could be withdrawn to prevent over steeping. Desserts were good too, I really enjoyed a strawberry cantaloupe sorbet with berries. The peach was rock hard and still had a sticker! Waiter brought the check while we were still eating dessert and took the dessert order while we were still eating lunch, which is a strange thing especially when there are no other customers. Despite the hiccups, this is the kind of place I hope stays in business a long time. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally let downMediaMaven14Dined on 7/30/2014Huge fan of Lotus Farm to Table, but disappointed with food service! Table for 4 was ready when we arrived at 7:30. Ordered appetizers and entrees. Given the fact that it was a busy night, there was understandably a long wait, but what we put up with was inexcusable. Only two of the four appetizers arrived, the soup arrived 40 minutes later. Still no entrees at 9:15. Diners with 8pm reservations already ate and paid for dinner, and we only had 3 of 4 appetizers. It was 10pm by the time we ate were ready leave, the staff was already clearing tables. The waitress apologized for losing the order slip, asked us what we ordered so she could print a new bill! We waited 2hrs for food, and no one bothered to do anything to fix the problem.Special Features:
- Eating well at Lotus Farm to Table!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2014My first experience at Lotus Farm to Table was on a Wednesday summer's eve in Media - Dining Under the Stars for us! The staff at Lotus were all great and really worked well within the hustle & bustle of hundreds seated in the streets. State Street was hopping-each block had its own live entertainment. My friend & I ordered small plates-some to share, and others that we coveted for ourselves. The green tomato gazpacho was outrageously good, & beautiful to behold! I had a delicious BLT, with pork belly playing the role typically covered by bacon. I plan to join Lotus Farm to Table again to sample the next inventive, imaginative, and transformed locally sourced produce, cheeses, fish, and meats after the delectable offerings last night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, interesting food in MediaMediaDinerVIPDined on 7/30/2014We love Lotus for the interesting takes on common dishes, the funky décor, and extensive tea menu. They do a great job on Wednesday Dining Under the Stars nights too.Special Features:
- Always strivingFormerFoodieGonePaleoDined on 7/26/2014The food is good. We frequent this restaurant as they focus on organic products but some of the combinations seem like they're trying too hard to be creative and aren't always successful. Service is good and they work hard to accommodate food restrictions.Special Features:
- Fabulous Farm-to-Table Find!mermax127VIPDined on 6/7/2014LOVE the food here, seems to get better & better every time I come! Went out for my birthday with my Mom. There happen to be live music that was FABULOUS! Our meals were outstanding, server was very professional & lovely. We had the flatbread: DELICIOUS! Brussels Sprout salad: AMAZINGt & we both had the trout with bets.... DELISH! LOVE the food here, the ambiance, everything... the music was a nice little surprise! Can't wait to go back!!!!!Special Features:
- Very disappointed on a Weds. nightMediaDinerVIPDined on 6/4/2014We know that Wednesday nights are crowded in Media, but the excessive waits we had for EVERYTHING (from being greeted, to water pouring, to each course serving) were really frustrating. And the chairs provided outside are incredibly uncomfortable! The food was OK, but what we'll really think about before ever going back is the terrible service and discomfort of sitting there for 2+hours.
- Farm to TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Great organic food -- delicious and good for you. How can you beat that? We enjoyed the Spring Menu for a birthday celebration. Both the Osso Bucco and the Lamb were delicious, as were the salads and dessert. The wait staff thoughtfully added a birthday candle, which was fun! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Better Than EverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2014Lotus Farm to Table has always had great food. Tonight Chef Ryan Sulikowski outdid himself! First, the chef’s selection-artisan pasteurized cheese board was spectacular. My wife selected the Pennsylvania Trout which was, as usual, outstanding. I ordered tonight's special, Wild Boar Belly. Cannot recall enjoying a new entree more - anywhere. The richly flavored meat was done to fork fall apart perfection. Mushrooms in a dark, delicious sauce surrounded the Wild Boar Belly and were accented by Breakfast Radishes. Always get a dessert here, it is that good. Beautiful music was provided by the fantastic chanteuse, Andrea Carlson. Thank you, Courtney Rozsas for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Great Food & SericeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014My wife and I both ordered fish (trout and branzino) and they were prepared preferctly. We enjoy this restaurant as the portion sizes are perfect, the service is attentive and knowledgable and the food is top shelf. The menu is limited so we try to go once each season as the menu rotates.Special Features:
- wonderful dinnerLynnDined on 4/23/2014Each and every dish was perfectly prepared, creative and delicious. We were the only people there! People are missing out on some of the best food in Media.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 235 reviews are from the Lotus Farm to Table reviews archive.
- TastyDingoDined on 4/18/2014We've eaten here several times and found it to be very good. The menu is very limited especially for vegetarians. There are a number of appetizer offerings for vegetarians but only one entre. The tofu dinner was very good. They corn the tofu which adds a special flavor and texture to it. This time it was prepared with beets and broccoli rabe. It was a generous portion. Our appetizers were also good we had the cheese board and flat breadSpecial Features:
- Great for date night.drexelhilldinerDined on 4/5/2014My husband and I have been to this restaurant three times, and have had a wonderful experience each time. It's a great place to go for date night or with another couple for an interesting meal at decent prices. We love that it's farm to table. We will definitely be back again and would certainly recommend to others.Special Features:
- Dinner Fresh but just OKStanleyeatsDined on 3/22/2014Have walked past this place before but thought it was Indian based on the tables (maybe they took over for an Indian restaurant). 1st course was really good with a Fingerling and Sweet Potato Salad with Roasted Beets, Pistachios and Dates. All the flavors worked really well together. At this point I was excited to see what was to come. Disappointment was to follow, I had the trout. it was fine but could have been so much better. Trout skin was not crispy and the vegetables were lacking. The flavors of the veggies didn't come together and were also served cold Probably on purpose, but since it is not the middle of summer should have been sauteed. Just left feeling like my mom forced me to eat my veggies and blah trout.Special Features:
- Delicious and healthy foodLoyaldinerDined on 3/20/2014Lotus is a well decorated restaurant with fresh food from the area. The menu changes often but every single dish is delicious. The portions are just right. Not too big or small. We had the Brussels sprouts as an appetizer, the grilled salmon and the lamb osso bucco. All were perfectly cooked and delicious. The deserts were to die for! Would definitely recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week at the Lotusdiningdiva1Dined on 3/9/2014Dined at the Lotus on Sunday for the first time. $30 3-course meal is a foodie's bargain......good quality with an appropriate portion size. My complaint is that tables are too close together. We had difficulty moving the extremely heavy chairs in very close quarters..felt very confined. Johnny Never played blues guitar which was a nice touch but the noise level was probably 85 decibals..too loud for a normal conversation. Also, a daily prix fix menu would be a nice touch to make this a go-to restaurant instead of a special occasion eatery. The average 3 course meal with coffee/tea would be close to $60 per person with tax and tip..Special Features:
- Birthday dinnertkokDined on 3/9/2014Went with friends for girls night&birthday dinner. Food healthy and ineresting. Only negative was the cold broccoli with the salmon. Odd combination we thought.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty!SaltyDined on 2/28/2014Dined with friends; love the fresh/local commitment. We enjoyed the appetizers - great combinations of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experience!PeggyDined on 2/15/2014Food was fabulous, service was excellent! Lovely atmosphere, nice music!Special Features:
- great.... simply greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014Terrific experience. Awesome and unique menu and food. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey & tastynew2areaDined on 2/14/2014Excellent food, great taste pairings, friendly & knowledgeable service. If it were a bit less expensive I'd be a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCbeitzDined on 2/14/2014Farm to table? Instead, off season vegetables, heavy on celery. Too chewy octopus. Anemic veal chop served with barely dressed arugula. Duck leg dry and skin softly icky. $45 for a steak? Get over yourself. Best taste? Brussels sprouts with cranberries and almonds. Was expecting wow. got, uh. Won't go back nor recommend.Special Features:
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/6/2014Gave. 4 for service because outle food took a while, but I love this place and the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDaveDined on 2/1/2014The food was great - price is worth it. Dining here is definitely an experience so don't go in for a rushed meal. Grab a few bottles of wine (BYOB) and enjoy your time. The only thing that came off as odd to me is the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice change of pacewazooDined on 1/31/2014This restaurant brings out great flavors in the food, with the freshest ingredients. The teas are excellent and it really is a fantastic little spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly farm to table, creativelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/29/2014Truly farm to table, creatively and deliciously prepared. Also a nice menu of tea, complete with "tea accessories" such as lavender water and buds. Something different!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemGuestDined on 1/25/2014Lotus is a hidden gem in the crowded restaurant scene. The food is all local, the atmosphere is pleasant. I'm not one of these people that only eats local foods. I think they sometimes go a bit overboard. But I'll concede you could taste the quality. It was great. We started off with a flat bread appetizer. It's one of those things that most people serve as (what's essentially) a thin crust pizza. But not here. It was made as it should be. And tasted great. I had the ribeye and my girlfriend had the salmon. Both delicious. The meat of the ribeye was fantastic, and full of flavor. Just right. For desert we had the carrot cake. A little non-traditional (no icing) but intriguing. I was pleasantly surprised. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very, very nice.anskiDined on 1/17/2014It was my first visit and I was delightfully surprised. Lotus is a well-kept secret. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food hidden in MediaPurplebubbieVIPDined on 1/15/2014We met friends for a mid week dinner here because it is a BYO. The food is creative, interesting- a mini version of what Talula's Table strives for. We shared appetizers- caesar salad, a grilled cheese and onion soup dish, a sweet potato dish - all good and plenty or sharing. I had scallops over aback mustard mashed potato and leek dish that was excellent. My husband had trout and duck confit which was enough to take home half. The only weak part were the desserts- here the interesting combos didn't work. I would skip them next time. All the food is fresh, changes seasonally, and locally sourced. We will definitely go back .Special Features:
- Healthy OptionJerryGDined on 1/15/2014Lotus Farm Table is a wonderful option to the Media Dining scene. It's reasonably priced very healthy food with a gentle atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Excellent food for the gourmetVibhatDined on 1/8/2014Excellent food for the gourmet in you. A very nice selection of teas. Bring your own wine, they are not licensed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious dinnerveggiloverDined on 12/31/2013This was very tasty. We had an unusual Caesar salad, with homemade ricotta cheese. It was so large, we should have shared it, but was so delicious we each finished our own. The salmon was prepared with fresh veggies and a very tasty cream based sauce. The trout was prepared with onions and vinegar, maybe a little too much vinegar, but was still yummy. We wish we could have had room for dessert. Coffee in french press was wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!jabgottDined on 12/21/2013Love the delicious and creative food! Always delivers great service and great food. I take lots of guests there and we go it alone. One of the best hidden gems in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok, but not as good as we expectedejwoDined on 11/29/2013For the prices and the farm to table concept, we expected a top-flight experience. I would rate it 3-star, not 5-star. My trout had to be sent back to be warmed up and the beet appetizer was flavorful, but too crunchy. My son's tofu dish was good and the flat bread appetizer was quite good. My husband really like his veal special and my daughter-in -law enjoyed her salmon. I thought my other son's duck was tough, but he disagreed with me. too pricey for dinner. Maybe we'll try lunch sometime.Special Features:
- Very niceButchDined on 11/16/2013With the exception of the food taking 25 minutes, our experience was very nice. We were warned of the long wait, so I was not upset. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/14/2013Nothing stood out as outstanding, but nothing to complain about. We went on a Thursday night, and it was pretty empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Support Locally Grown!ChalDined on 11/9/2013Most of the food was delicious and the portion sizes were quite adequate. We enjoyed the decor and the serving pieces for certain of the courses were so much fun. You can go here for a full on dinner with appetizer or, if you want something smaller, many of the appetizers would be great for a late night snack. BYOB services were very good. Count on nothing less than $17 for a main dish, most were about $25 and the small dishes were between $8-13 and scrumptious. The best part? Locally sourced of course!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night ...GAK24Dined on 11/9/2013Very good food .. .great service ... live music was very niceSpecial Features:
- Well doneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013The food pairings were unusual at first glance, but after tasting my food, I was pleasantly surprised. What a nice restaurant! I will go back for seconds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.