Lotus Farm to Table
112 West State Street
Media, PA 19063Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lotus Farm to Table
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lotusfarmtotable.com/
- Phone: (610) 565-5554
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Allen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether it’s a sit down dinner for 44 or a stand up receptions for 60, think Lotus Farm to Table for your next event. The Chef prepares delectable dishes from farm fresh ingredients and nothing is fried, overly seasoned, fussy, or contrived. If you want to make your next event a memorable one, let us help you design an event that that’s sure to please. We also do off premise catering. Our chef and highly skilled staff will be happy to recreate the Lotus Farm to Table experience in the comfort of your home or for your wedding.
- Entertainment: We have monthly entertainment.
A word from Lotus Farm to Table
Lotus Farm to Table, a contemporary American restaurant, owned by Courtney Rozsas, is nestled within the lively atmosphere of State Street in Media, PA. The intimate 40-seat eatery is a BYOB that offers a casual and comfortable atmosphere through its soothing colors and dark woods. Chef Ryan Sulikowski has created a tasty menu of healthy dishes. Every dish is prepared from whole foods, easily digested and proportioned so that diners can enjoy multiple courses with lots of variety without feeling over extended. At lunch Lotus provides a refuge from the hustle and bustle of the daily grind. Light soups and bright flavors will energize the diner for rest of the day. Floral teas that bloom as they brew in the clear glass teapots can enhance the mood and calm the nerves. At night, the serene décor accentuates the simplistic and unfussy menu that features the week"s freshest ingredients from local farms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Lotus Farm to Table - Best Restaurants in Media ›
Lotus Farm to Table reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (13)special occasion (11)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (6)good for groups (4)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Media's quiet gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/20/2014Lotus is a small BYOB in Media that provides fresh, local, creative meals garnished with fresh herbs, fancy teas, and a quiet setting for a pleasant lunch or dinner. Portions are not large, and a meal will not be inexpensive. Most appetizers are too small to split, although the cheese plate and focaccia are. The menu is not large, but there are excellent fish and meat dishes and at least one vegetarian main dish. I have been to Lotus at least half a dozen times, and I think the restaurant has only gotten better over time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceJBGrizzVIPDined on 11/15/2014We made reservations during the Jazz festival in Media. Even with the added volume, the service was superb and the food outstanding. Between the two of us, we had 6 different dishes (2 appetizers, 2 main courses, 2 desserts) and every one was fantastic. It is a little on the expensive side, but it is BYOB, so that definitely helps. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AljamVIPDined on 11/14/2014I make it a point to eat here when I am in the Media area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Root Veggies a Little Too FreshbertieDined on 11/7/2014I had the excellent trout but was not happy with the root vegetables that came with the trout as they were really not cooked very much and may even have been characterized as uncooked. Did complain since the menu stated the accompaniment with the trout was potato salad. Wait staff explained the chef had changed the side just days before but the change was not reflected on the menu. A mushroom risotto replaced the root vegetables but unfortunately that dish was so salty I couldn't eat that either. On the bright side was the cheese plate and the excellent panna cotta dessert.
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014A delight for the palette - so imaginative and out of the box!Special Features:
- Some gems hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/1/2014The menu was very creative with many fish and vegetable choices. Plenty for the meat eaters also. A pork belly appetizer was on the menu the night we were there. The chef definitely tries to keep the menu farm to table. I loved my trout dish and my husband's striped bass was good but on the small side. I had at least 6 oz of fish while his was more like 4 oz. That was the only disappointing part of the meal. Some may find the prices a little high for Media but the preparation was fresh and interesting so probably worth the price. I would try this restaurant again. Way above average for the area.Special Features:
- yummy yummy yummypetzyDined on 10/18/2014We really enjoyed it. Cant wait to go back. Great food,nice ambience, service was great and not noisyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good healthy fresh foodBlueleoDined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed our meal but prices are a bit high for the funky laid back atmosphere. My first course was a delicious hummus that was beautifully presented. My husband had a good ceasar salad. My main course was branzino fish not filleted. I think for the price they should have filleted it. I was spitting out little bones. The fish was very good, charred and on a bed of fennel but it would have been perfect if they filleted table side. My husband's dish was fabulous. He had a moist pork chop with brussel sprouts, very autumnal. The dining room is pretty but the chairs are big and clunky not too comfortable. Overall it was a lovely meal but the prices are a little high for a casual spot.Special Features:
- Standout on State Street!Rob009Dined on 9/13/2014Great Restaurant, Great Menu! Food was excellent, fresh and delicious! Very creative and great balance of flavors. Great tea selections also. If you are not tea drinker, you still should try one. This is real tea, not some bag of leaves. The atmosphere is a little loud, because everyone is talking and having a great time. Loved the music, classical guitar and clarinet. Added a nice tone. Service was great, friendly. On a street where there are a lot of places to dine, this stands out as one of the best. Already recommended it to my friends!Special Features:
- The Best!LarryBDined on 9/13/2014Outstanding scallops and brilliant Pennsylvania trout! An inspired chef's cheese platter and awesome cheese cake! Colombian French press coffee! Wonderful table service! Entertainment by my favorite chanteuse, Andrea Carlson! Just doesn't get any better! Courtney, thank you for another wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Great tea selectionluv2dineVIPDined on 8/30/2014But overpriced food. Would NOT accept our opentable rewards check, and I wouldn't have booked a random opentable restaurant that I wouldn't have otherwise tried, if I had known. First time trying to use one and I'll have to call ahead next time. Though they shouldn't be on opentable if they want the easy reservations open to the world but not allow the rewards. Chicken dish was interesting but $28, flatbread was too small to share for a $12 appetizer. If the prices were on online menu they would have even fewer customers. Empty on sat night.
- hippymasterVIPDined on 8/30/2014All organic food with many local growers; so healthy eating with a sustainability advantageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You wouldn't know it was healthyJimODined on 8/28/2014Farm to table that is delicious. I had the lamb special and the meat just fell off the bone moist and delicious. The ambiance and service is great. I'd go there again in a minute if I lived in the area.Special Features:
- Nice place for a "Ladies Lunch"GeorgisDined on 8/22/2014My friend took me for lunch and it was nice. Quiet and elegantly decorated. A good place to linger and chat. Food was somewhat pricey and portions not large. But all locally sourced and tasty. We were the only ones in the restaurant. I just think it does not cater to the "usual" Media lunch crowd. I had the grilled cheese with cheddar, goat, chicken confit and pancetta. Was very good. Large assortment of teas both hot and iced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining under the StarsDisappointingDined on 8/20/2014Made a reservation on a special Wednesday "Dining Under the Stars" in Media. We went with another couple. We arrived 15 minutes prior to our reservation. We were not allowed to be seated until everyone in the party was present. Almost all of the tables were open, it wouldn't have taken away from anyone. We went across the street and had a drink. We started with the Cheese Board. $14 for a 1/4 tsp mustard, a used lemon slice, thin slice of goat cheese, a hard cheese, and also a soft yellow cheese. It was served with 4 slices of fresh cut french bread. VERY WEAK!! Really? Where's the crustini, the honeycomb, the slice of fruit, the contrast in cheeses. DON'T waste your money on the cheese board.Special Features:
- Imaginative and DeliciousCarapacerDined on 8/14/2014Always a treat to see what's cookin' at Lotus, and we are never disappointed in local food well prepared and beautifully served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Saturday LunchSeriousAboutDessertVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a nice lunch here but were the only diners on a summer Saturday. Our sandwiches were creative and well made. We had pots of loose leaf teas also, although I would prefer a system where the leaves could be withdrawn to prevent over steeping. Desserts were good too, I really enjoyed a strawberry cantaloupe sorbet with berries. The peach was rock hard and still had a sticker! Waiter brought the check while we were still eating dessert and took the dessert order while we were still eating lunch, which is a strange thing especially when there are no other customers. Despite the hiccups, this is the kind of place I hope stays in business a long time. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally let downMediaMaven14Dined on 7/30/2014Huge fan of Lotus Farm to Table, but disappointed with food service! Table for 4 was ready when we arrived at 7:30. Ordered appetizers and entrees. Given the fact that it was a busy night, there was understandably a long wait, but what we put up with was inexcusable. Only two of the four appetizers arrived, the soup arrived 40 minutes later. Still no entrees at 9:15. Diners with 8pm reservations already ate and paid for dinner, and we only had 3 of 4 appetizers. It was 10pm by the time we ate were ready leave, the staff was already clearing tables. The waitress apologized for losing the order slip, asked us what we ordered so she could print a new bill! We waited 2hrs for food, and no one bothered to do anything to fix the problem.Special Features:
- Eating well at Lotus Farm to Table!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2014My first experience at Lotus Farm to Table was on a Wednesday summer's eve in Media - Dining Under the Stars for us! The staff at Lotus were all great and really worked well within the hustle & bustle of hundreds seated in the streets. State Street was hopping-each block had its own live entertainment. My friend & I ordered small plates-some to share, and others that we coveted for ourselves. The green tomato gazpacho was outrageously good, & beautiful to behold! I had a delicious BLT, with pork belly playing the role typically covered by bacon. I plan to join Lotus Farm to Table again to sample the next inventive, imaginative, and transformed locally sourced produce, cheeses, fish, and meats after the delectable offerings last night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, interesting food in MediaMediaDinerVIPDined on 7/30/2014We love Lotus for the interesting takes on common dishes, the funky décor, and extensive tea menu. They do a great job on Wednesday Dining Under the Stars nights too.Special Features:
- Always strivingFormerFoodieGonePaleoDined on 7/26/2014The food is good. We frequent this restaurant as they focus on organic products but some of the combinations seem like they're trying too hard to be creative and aren't always successful. Service is good and they work hard to accommodate food restrictions.Special Features:
- The following 241 reviews are from the Lotus Farm to Table reviews archive.
- Fabulous Farm-to-Table Find!mermax127VIPDined on 6/7/2014LOVE the food here, seems to get better & better every time I come! Went out for my birthday with my Mom. There happen to be live music that was FABULOUS! Our meals were outstanding, server was very professional & lovely. We had the flatbread: DELICIOUS! Brussels Sprout salad: AMAZINGt & we both had the trout with bets.... DELISH! LOVE the food here, the ambiance, everything... the music was a nice little surprise! Can't wait to go back!!!!!Special Features:
- Very disappointed on a Weds. nightMediaDinerVIPDined on 6/4/2014We know that Wednesday nights are crowded in Media, but the excessive waits we had for EVERYTHING (from being greeted, to water pouring, to each course serving) were really frustrating. And the chairs provided outside are incredibly uncomfortable! The food was OK, but what we'll really think about before ever going back is the terrible service and discomfort of sitting there for 2+hours.
- Farm to TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Great organic food -- delicious and good for you. How can you beat that? We enjoyed the Spring Menu for a birthday celebration. Both the Osso Bucco and the Lamb were delicious, as were the salads and dessert. The wait staff thoughtfully added a birthday candle, which was fun! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Better Than EverLarryBDined on 5/28/2014Lotus Farm to Table has always had great food. Tonight Chef Ryan Sulikowski outdid himself! First, the chef’s selection-artisan pasteurized cheese board was spectacular. My wife selected the Pennsylvania Trout which was, as usual, outstanding. I ordered tonight's special, Wild Boar Belly. Cannot recall enjoying a new entree more - anywhere. The richly flavored meat was done to fork fall apart perfection. Mushrooms in a dark, delicious sauce surrounded the Wild Boar Belly and were accented by Breakfast Radishes. Always get a dessert here, it is that good. Beautiful music was provided by the fantastic chanteuse, Andrea Carlson. Thank you, Courtney Rozsas for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Great Food & SericeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014My wife and I both ordered fish (trout and branzino) and they were prepared preferctly. We enjoy this restaurant as the portion sizes are perfect, the service is attentive and knowledgable and the food is top shelf. The menu is limited so we try to go once each season as the menu rotates.Special Features:
- wonderful dinnerLynnDined on 4/23/2014Each and every dish was perfectly prepared, creative and delicious. We were the only people there! People are missing out on some of the best food in Media.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyDingoDined on 4/18/2014We've eaten here several times and found it to be very good. The menu is very limited especially for vegetarians. There are a number of appetizer offerings for vegetarians but only one entre. The tofu dinner was very good. They corn the tofu which adds a special flavor and texture to it. This time it was prepared with beets and broccoli rabe. It was a generous portion. Our appetizers were also good we had the cheese board and flat breadSpecial Features:
- Great for date night.drexelhilldinerDined on 4/5/2014My husband and I have been to this restaurant three times, and have had a wonderful experience each time. It's a great place to go for date night or with another couple for an interesting meal at decent prices. We love that it's farm to table. We will definitely be back again and would certainly recommend to others.Special Features:
- Dinner Fresh but just OKStanleyeatsDined on 3/22/2014Have walked past this place before but thought it was Indian based on the tables (maybe they took over for an Indian restaurant). 1st course was really good with a Fingerling and Sweet Potato Salad with Roasted Beets, Pistachios and Dates. All the flavors worked really well together. At this point I was excited to see what was to come. Disappointment was to follow, I had the trout. it was fine but could have been so much better. Trout skin was not crispy and the vegetables were lacking. The flavors of the veggies didn't come together and were also served cold Probably on purpose, but since it is not the middle of summer should have been sauteed. Just left feeling like my mom forced me to eat my veggies and blah trout.Special Features:
- Delicious and healthy foodLoyaldinerVIPDined on 3/20/2014Lotus is a well decorated restaurant with fresh food from the area. The menu changes often but every single dish is delicious. The portions are just right. Not too big or small. We had the Brussels sprouts as an appetizer, the grilled salmon and the lamb osso bucco. All were perfectly cooked and delicious. The deserts were to die for! Would definitely recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week at the Lotusdiningdiva1Dined on 3/9/2014Dined at the Lotus on Sunday for the first time. $30 3-course meal is a foodie's bargain......good quality with an appropriate portion size. My complaint is that tables are too close together. We had difficulty moving the extremely heavy chairs in very close quarters..felt very confined. Johnny Never played blues guitar which was a nice touch but the noise level was probably 85 decibals..too loud for a normal conversation. Also, a daily prix fix menu would be a nice touch to make this a go-to restaurant instead of a special occasion eatery. The average 3 course meal with coffee/tea would be close to $60 per person with tax and tip..Special Features:
- Birthday dinnertkokDined on 3/9/2014Went with friends for girls night&birthday dinner. Food healthy and ineresting. Only negative was the cold broccoli with the salmon. Odd combination we thought.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty!SaltyDined on 2/28/2014Dined with friends; love the fresh/local commitment. We enjoyed the appetizers - great combinations of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experience!PeggyDined on 2/15/2014Food was fabulous, service was excellent! Lovely atmosphere, nice music!Special Features:
- great.... simply greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014Terrific experience. Awesome and unique menu and food. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey & tastynew2areaDined on 2/14/2014Excellent food, great taste pairings, friendly & knowledgeable service. If it were a bit less expensive I'd be a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCbeitzDined on 2/14/2014Farm to table? Instead, off season vegetables, heavy on celery. Too chewy octopus. Anemic veal chop served with barely dressed arugula. Duck leg dry and skin softly icky. $45 for a steak? Get over yourself. Best taste? Brussels sprouts with cranberries and almonds. Was expecting wow. got, uh. Won't go back nor recommend.Special Features:
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/6/2014Gave. 4 for service because outle food took a while, but I love this place and the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDaveDined on 2/1/2014The food was great - price is worth it. Dining here is definitely an experience so don't go in for a rushed meal. Grab a few bottles of wine (BYOB) and enjoy your time. The only thing that came off as odd to me is the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.