73-5617 Maiau Street
Kailua, HI 96740Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thelotuscafe.com/index.html
- Phone: 8083273270
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 10:30-4 pm, Dinner 4:00 -9 PM Monday - Saturday, closed Sundays
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian / Vegan, Pan-Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
- Catering: We have 38 years of experience working with Organic & Natural Foods. Talk to us about catering your event for groups of 5 to 500 people. We can design a menu to fit your tastes and your budget. Vegetarian, Vegan, or whatever you like.
A word from Lotus Cafe
Our goal at Lotus is to serve the highest quality & best tasting Asian food you have ever eaten. Using our 35 years of experience working with natural & organic foods, we have created unique recipes & sourced special ingredients, many that we grow on our farm, to bring you the authentic flavors of Northern Thailand, Burma, India & Indonesia, all cooked without the slew of artificial ingredients commonly used in all other Asian restaurants. Our cooking techniques maximize the flavor & nutritional / medicinal benefits of the fresh herbs & spices we use. Our focus is on serving delicious cuisine that's fresh and healthy! We use fresh herbs & spices to prepare all our sauces from scratch; bottled & canned sauces are NEVER used. Being Hawaii's only Pan-Asian natural foods restaurant, with a great menu of dishes not offered anywhere else in Hawaii, & serving fresh delicious food, we have built a huge following of clients just by word of mouth.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lotus Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Hidden gemChestnutVIPDined on 10/25/2013Lotus cafe has delicious and authentic southeast Asian food with fresh organic ingredients. The prices are very reasonable and the menu has a broad selection of choices. The cafe is simple and modest but the food is top notch. It is right across the street from Costco in case you want to shop after lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gelato is the best partAmberVIPDined on 7/19/2013Some interesting Thai, Indian, Javanese and Burmese dishes drew me in. I also liked that they had organic cuisine. I didn't love anything I tried here though. It all looked better on the menu! The curry was just average, and Pacific Ono is the only fish they serve and it was way overcooked in both preps we tried, in the curry and the Javanese grilled ono with mango salsa. The "gelato" was the best part of the meal, but it wasn't gelato at all. It's made with coconut milk and tastes more like a sorbet, with an icier texture. It was very refreshing though. They only had two flavors left, macadamia banana and vanilla ginger, and both were very tasty.
- Amazing Organic Asian food - BEST!MonikaVIPDined on 5/28/2013***Recommend to Foodies*** We went their for lunch on our last day in Big Island. Its a Neighborhood gem for sure, great for foodies. We tried 2 different curries, both of them were amazing!!! Oh and DO NOT forget to try the BEST GELATO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/24/2013If you like Thai, Indian, Burmese in an somewhat cluttered but authentic setting, you may want to consider trying this place out. I did not find their Indian dishes to have the same thick curry as other restaurants (it was more like the soup-y kind) but overall, the flavors and spices were very good, the food was fresh, and the service was good. They were out of many desserts so I got the vanilla ginger sundae--I would not recommend this unless you really really like ginger. We were only visiting the Big Island but would return here if in Kona again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lotus Cafe is a gem. OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/11/2013Lotus Cafe is a gem. Outstanding food, generous portions, very good service, and reasonable prices. Lots of vegetarian options. They'll make the food as spicy, or not, as one wants, which is appreciated. Peek-a-boo view of the ocean from some of the tables in the SW dining area.Special Features:
- Best Pan Asian We've Ever HadGiovannaDined on 12/20/2012Fabulous food! The best Thai and Pan Asian dishes I have ever had... The Lotus is a real find!!! Go. It's in an unassuming area -- so don't be fooled. The food is delicious.Special Features:
- Best Asian restaurant in Kona!YukoVIPDined on 12/5/2012All foods are very good. Asian ambiance in the restaurant! Server were very kindness!!Special Features: