Loteria Grill Studio City
12050 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 92604Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Loteria Grill Studio City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://loteriagrill.com/
- Phone: 8185085300
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Shaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Loteria Grill Studio City
Loteria Grill is the best Regional Mexican Cuisine that Los Angeles has to offer!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Loteria Grill Studio City reviews from OpenTable diners
- DisappointingCarlyGDined on 8/10/2012Love Loteria at Farmers Market and Hollywood locations. This one was really disappointing. Pleasant server but bad service, unpleasant ambiance. Wouldn't return.
- Great food, great drinks,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2012Great food, great drinks, wonderful service....highly recommended.Special Features:
- we really enjoyed our experience,PaicheDined on 7/11/2012we really enjoyed our experience, especially the food and drinks.
- Yummmmmmmmm!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2012This place is wonderful! The food is so good and drinks are incredible! I highly reccommend.Special Features:
- taste of food was really good;OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/7/2012taste of food was really good; flavor of salsa's at the begining with chips were great too. interesting menu with good vegetarian as well as meat options. don't love the strip mall location and for mexican food in LA it was definitely over priced. Jalapeno margarita is excellent.Special Features:
- Outdoor seating very nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/4/2012Outdoor seating very nice, especially away from the street. Service was prompt and friendly. Liked most of the food; better than average Mexican fare.Special Features:
- wonderful dinner on our waytomtravelsDined on 6/28/2012wonderful dinner on our way to uUniversal for concert. Service was very efficient and responsive to all requests. The food was wonderful.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012The service at the is place is terrible. They take forever and forget everything. They also made me call and confirm the reservation after using open table to reserve the table.Special Features:
- Fun well lit room nice staffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2012Fun well lit room nice staff great food reasonable priced.Special Features:
- Sabroso Mexican Inspired Dishes!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2012Loteria Grill in Studio City features authenic Mexican dishes, including the wonderful and complex sauces of Mexico like Pipian Rojo, the spicy pumpkin seed & peanut sauce, homemade mole, and a delicious spicy Chile Morita. Tacos are served on hand-made tortillas, great selection of regional stews, shrimp tacos, many seafood dishes, and beef, chicken and pork served in a variety of ways. Although the sauces and dishes are traditional , all are served in a comtemporary style. Loteria also happens to have some of the best margaritas and sangria in L.A.!Special Features:
- We go to Loteria all the timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2012We go to Loteria all the time and have always been glad we've gone - and everyone we bring feels the same way. They have wonderful food and the best serving team ever!Special Features:
- Hi Mom!Luv2DineDined on 5/26/2012My mother said, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."
- Food was delicious but smallOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2012Food was delicious but small portions. The service was great.Special Features:
- You know we love Loteria,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2012You know we love Loteria, as we went two nights in a row this week (with different people). It's always fabulous, with the best service and food. We recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- Loteria's wonderful wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2012Loteria's wonderful wait staff and food is the absolute best! Everyone is so engaging and informative and just NICE, and the food never disappoints - always perfect. We bring everyone we know here, and they all love it!Special Features:
- Good for the Mexican cuisine lover!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012Food was so good. Salsa is the best, nachos were delicious but not as good as I remember, what happened to the olives? Loved the personal French press coffee, the carafe of mango juice and the strong margaritas. Gotta come here with my girlfriends. Not many choices for my picky kids to eat.Special Features:
- First visit and I was impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/12/2012Interesting menu, very good service (staff really catered to my 84 years young and slightly confused Mom) good drinks. I'll definitely be back, there were so many dishes that I wanted to try.Special Features:
- We really wanted to like thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012We really wanted to like this place, but after waiting 30 minutes for a table that we made a reservation for, and having some parts of our order not show up until the end of dinner, coupled with the fact that the food was just 'ok to good' relative to the price we paid, we just can't rate it highly. Unfortunately, we will probably not return. It's a shame, as a restaurant like this has an opportunity to occupy a niche between places like El Torito and the very expensive Border Grill. Bad execution of the basics of serving really turned us off, however.
- mexiliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Great food and drinks. Service is very nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Loteria Grill is a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Loteria Grill is a great place for any occasion. My family and I had a great time. Food was great. Gabriela, our server was awesome. The servers' helpers were one of a kind. They made sure our glasses were never empty and our table was clean. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Great food, slow service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2012We went for lunch at 12:30 PM. We told them when we arrived we were in a hurry and had to be out in 60 min or less (there were 6 of us). When we sat down there were only 2 other tables with people seated at them in the restaurant. Within 10 min of us sitting down the inside of the restaurant was 90% full. The waiter was a bit slow to take our order, but more importantly, the kitchen was VERY slow to put the food out. Food came 50 min after sitting down. Needless to say we were late getting back to work. Bottom line is, the food here is great. I loved the potato and poblano taco, and the chicken mole taco, but the staff can't handle it when things get busy at lunch. Might try it again.Special Features:
- The food was delicious, withRegiVIPDined on 5/7/2012The food was delicious, with very fresh ingredients and lots of flavor surprises. This is simply the best Mexican food I've ever had in L.A. Plus, the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- I have eaten here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/4/2012I have eaten here many times and this was the worst service I have ever had. Slow, it took forever for our server to get to us. On a plus note, the guy getting drinks and chips was on the ball.
- only saving grace was theWorldtravellerVIPDined on 5/2/2012only saving grace was the margeritas. would not go back for the food. portions were so small it looked like a kiddie plate.Special Features:
- This was my second visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2012This was my second visit to Lotteria. Sad to say I will not be going back. We went with a group of friends. 3 out of 6 dishes were really horrible. My squash and corn soup was completely tasteless, the fish was dry and the shrimp in cream sauce was not at all good. The best dishes were the guacamole and possibly the beef and potato taquitos.Special Features:
- Loteria is always great -OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2012Loteria is always great - excellent, attentive service; fabulous, unique food - we go there all the time and always bring new people, who love it as well.Special Features:
- eating, not diningStrangeDinerDined on 4/26/2012the food here is amazing and the drinks are terrific, too. tamarind margaritas were especially fine.while service was friendly and knowledgeable, it was a little on the "hard sell" side and also quite rushed. we were a party of four and the fourth was late. the three of us ordered drinks and told the waitress we were waiting for a fourth. when she returned with the drinks, she immediately asked us what we wanted to eat. when we told her we were going to wait for the fourth, she appeared shocked. the MOMENT the fourth person entered, she asked if we were ready to order. the whole experience was friendly but very rushed. would totally recommend this place, but it's a place for eating, not "dining."Special Features:
- Great but LOUD insideOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/21/2012Great food, so so service. Loud inside but great on the patio. The salsa verde is fantastic and dispite its shortcomings we'll be back!Special Features:
- We had to wait 10 minutesmalibucaptainDined on 4/21/2012We had to wait 10 minutes for someone to even greet us at the hostess desk. The restaurant is too noisy. Service was slow at best, even though it was half empty. The guacamole was good, but not very much of it. There are better Mexican restaurants to spend your money.
- The five of us finished evertyhingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/15/2012The five of us finished evertyhing on our plates! I order the Taco Sampler and was really happy with the presentation and quality of the food. Our waitress was very helpful in helping my wife figure what she would like. And the kids, well you could pretty much discern by the lack of crumbs left on the plate that hey where happy too.Special Features:
- Despite the fact that theWillVIPDined on 4/14/2012Despite the fact that the wait staff was down a server, our server was very attentive and took great care of us. The entire staff was incredibly friendly. The busboys were on it, refilling waters and chips and salsa. The food was ok, I've had better Mexican, but it was still very tasty. I highly recommend the queso fundido!Special Features:
- The food is good but not great.KIKADined on 4/8/2012The food is good but not great. The experience would've been better had it not been for the lousy service. This is not the place to go if your party exceeds two people. They really need new management.
- A little too high tech decorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012A little too high tech decor for me, would prefer a little cozier. But good food, if plain in presentation, and nice location in the strip mall. Maybe the outdoor dining area would be more engaging on a busy Saturday evening. I'd like to come back for lunch to see if my first impression was accurate.Special Features:
- We love Loteria Grill - theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/18/2012We love Loteria Grill - the service and food is always the BEST! We come here all the time, bring newcomers, etc., and it never disappoints and is always, in fact, wonderful! The staff couldn't be more accommodating, friendly, and helpful. A real winner!Special Features:
- After all the hype...I wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/18/2012After all the hype...I wasn't impressed. You get better tacos at neighborhood gems that cost less. Overpriced for what it is. The pozole wasn't flavorful I've had much better at hole in the wall joints. I guess even for a stand in the Farmer's Market this food wouldn't be great...I felt like I was having Mexican food made by Gringos.
- Viva Loteria!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/17/2012This is my favorite Mexican food in town. I quite enjoy the restaurant as well as their flagship in the Farmers Market. Wait staff are very friendly and the food and drinks are quite good!Special Features:
- Nice solid and attractiveBPatchDined on 3/2/2012Nice solid and attractive Mexican restaurant. Easy going with quality foodSpecial Features:
- We love this place. My husbandMamaLovesDateNightDined on 2/25/2012We love this place. My husband and I probably come here once a week which is really saying something because we don't go out all that much since having a baby. And we crave certain menu items. Their margaritas are so good (the fresh juice really helps), the guacamole is wonderful and the staff is friendly and most if the time very speedy. The food is fresh and unique--never greasy. I can actually eat their when I'm trying to be figure conscious and not feel like I'm sacrificing a great dining experience. Perfect place for family, groups or a casual date night.Special Features:
- Always good, very friendlyChesterVIPDined on 2/23/2012Always good, very friendly I think they have been working on that.Special Features:
- We spent my husband's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2012We spent my husband's birthday at Loteria, and it's always perfect - great service, fabulous food, wonderful ambience - and the best tortillas and chips, salsas, and guacamole in the world!Special Features: