Loteria Grill - Studio City
12050 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Loteria Grill - Studio City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://loteriagrill.com/
- Phone: 8185085300
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Shaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Bienvenidos! We are thrilled to be considered to cater your next event. Here at Loteria Grill, we help you plan a fantastic menu for your special celebration whether it is a company luncheon, cocktail party, picnic, family reunion, or you just want the perfect setting to taco about.
A word from Loteria Grill - Studio City
Jimmy Shaw opened the first Lotería! Grill in the summer of 2002 at the Farmers Market in Los Angeles, and ever since has been serving our guests a menu full of regional Mexican specialties as delicious as what he grew up enjoying in Mexico City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Loteria Grill - Studio City - Best Restaurants in Studio City ›
Loteria Grill - Studio City reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (20)kid-friendly (20)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (18)fit for foodies (16)great for brunch (8)special occasion (6)scenic view (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- GoodPaulDined on 9/13/2014Food was great. Cucumber margaritas were good but did not taste like cucumber. Could not taste any cucumber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianeDined on 8/31/2014Good food. Good drinks. Good service. Good price. It wasn't too noisy either so I could actually hear my friends. I would go back.Special Features:
- Not Mexican Food!Odaliz1VIPDined on 8/30/2014The server was very nice and attentive. Sadly, the food was quite awful, and there was nothing Mexican about it. The food is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. I will never return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014We've gone to Loteria since they opened, and the service is always so accommodating, friendly, and...perfect. Not to mention the absolutely wonderful food. We bring everyone we know here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014The food was awful with the exception of the chips and guacamole - which were great. Our entrees were tasteless and mushy. My husband sent his back and got a new dish - which was equally as bad. My husband never sends food back - and he is not a fussy eater. Sorry - the food was that bad. On a positive note - the service was excellent and the restaurant had a nice vibe.Special Features:
- LarryVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had been to the Hollywood branch some time ago and now we tried the one in Studio City. It was Saturday at 8 pm and the place was half empty. Not a good sign. But all fears went away after a good margarita followed by good food. Tying it together was the excellent service. My wife got a spot of guacamole on her blouse and, without asking, the server immediately came over with soda water and a clean napkin in order to get the stain out before it set. Would we go to Loteria Grill again? Yes, but I would tell them to bring a guacamole with a little kick. The one we had was too mild. Bottom line -- we liked the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loteria Studio CityvegatheartDined on 8/10/2014Food was good, liked the fact that they had vegetarian options and a small portions. Service was ok, our server was nice but a little laid back for his own good. Will try again when I'm in the area.Special Features:
- service lackingFinallyDined on 8/1/2014Food good service lacking on many levels, not going there again.Special Features:
- Delicious Mexican Food3Cheers4GoodFoodVIPDined on 7/30/2014Delicious, fresh Mexican food. I recommend the trio of ceviche and the mango margarita.Special Features:
- HolaTinaVIPDined on 7/28/2014Food Is Great And Spicy Food Is Fresh And Tasty Food Is Home Made And I Know The Difference Tortillas Are Home Made Cauze I Saw The Lady Making Them Oh Let Us Not Forget The Endless List Of Shaken MargaritasSpecial Features:
- DineLA3Cheers4GoodFoodVIPDined on 7/24/2014Another outstanding DineLA menu at Loteria. The fish enchiladas were the best. I think the mini fruit tacos should be permanently added to the dessert menu.Special Features:
- Delicious and healthy Mexican foodLatinaFoodLovrDined on 7/19/2014My bf and I had lunch for the Dine LA special, I had to have the nopalitos for the second time, I couldn't stop talking about them the whole ride there, although, it wasn't part of the prixe fix menu, we totally bought it anyways! Everything was finger licking good. We were so satisfied with the food and our tamarind margaritas we had zero complaints. Service was excelente our waiter was very nice & entertaining as well! Great lunch spot!Special Features:
- Kitchen needs to organizeTheBitesOnMeDined on 6/17/2014The food was good but the main courses arrived in long intervals, leaving some of us with cooling dishes while others looked on with envy. The mixologist seemed to have omitted the simple syrup in my mojito. They need to get their act together.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is ok, expensiveGuccaVIPDined on 6/8/2014We were there for the first te and no prices in the menu. The waiter was pushing to get us everything I ordered Perrier he brought two I returned one got charge for two, brought juice that we never ordered, return got charge for it. He recommended meals for the kids forgot to mention no kids menu each meal around 21.00 dollars and the kids didn't like. Go much for us!
- I brought friendsMERCDined on 6/7/2014My friends were in from out of town and had suggested eating in the hotel. They were worried about Weight Watchers but I knew food was fresh and could be adjusted if they needed. We enjoyed our meal. The service was outstanding. And we enjoyed the mango margarita.sSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014Loteria's always great (btw, I already filled out a rating yesterday - you sent twice - and I went into more detail then).Special Features:
- AnnoyingdinealotDined on 5/28/2014This place is such a disappointment, and it shouldn't be. The food is good, the service was fine, but the place is so noisy and the music so loud, even on the patio, that it's almost impossible to have a conversation. And there's something very 'fast food' about the ambiance. We were a party of 4 on a weeknight and expected to have a nice leisurely dinner, and we couldn't WAIT to get out of there. Very disappointing.
- AmazedLovi27Dined on 5/24/2014I bought a living social voucher for my husband and I and we loved it!!! We were impressed with the food the server and the overall ambiance. Can't wait to go back, the flan de coco is so delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 30 reviews are from the Loteria Grill - Studio City reviews archive.
- Mexican food with ambianceBobHDined on 5/17/2014Great service and good food. The margaritas though are expensive and too sweet. Provably made with sweet and sour. I expected a real be for $14.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Studio City standby still deliversDTD99VIPDined on 5/16/2014Loteria Grill has been around for a long time. But it still delivers tasty Mexican fare in a pleasant casual setting. Service is very quick, which is good if you are in a rush, but not so great if you are inclined to linger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Takes way to longUwillwait4everDined on 5/11/2014First time there and took 1 hr exactly to get our food. All we ordered was tortilla soup and tacos. Seriously. Was very disappointed.
- OkayGrniizDined on 4/17/2014Food was excellent but we were a group of 7 and one plate came out wrong and another was charged for something that was supposed to have come with the meal.Special Features:
- Good mealnettiemaeDined on 4/12/2014We enjoyed an early dinner with out-of-town guests on a Saturday evening. Everyone's food was very tasty, and the waitstaff and the environment were great. My only criticism is that cost is pretty high for the size of the portions served (to clarify, I liked the size of the portions, but they were pricey). That being said, there are lots of items on the menu that we'd love to try, so we will probably dine there again.Special Features:
- great Mexican foodnmoreno0306Dined on 4/11/2014The food here was delicious. I had tinga tacos and they were very authentic. They had a nice list of beers and other assorted adult beverages. Even the desserts were great. The chocolate ice cream tasted just like Mexican chocolate milk my grandmother use to make me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We LOVE Loteria Grill andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/9/2014We LOVE Loteria Grill and go all the time - and bring everyone we know, at one time or another!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loteria is always the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2014Loteria is always the best - exceptional servers, fabulous food, etc.. We're going back in two nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite all time restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2014This was my second visit to this restaurant, first of service was excellent they were so pleasant, friendly and attentive to our table. Second the food is to die for, so far I have tried their steak tacos and chiles rellenos and both plates have been delicious. I am definitely going to reserve for my birthday. Prices are reasonable, food portions are just right and restaurant has a cool vibe to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable evening providedzyggroupVIPDined on 3/26/2014An enjoyable evening provided by the restaurant. Good food, drinks, environment.
- Only okay on all countsAndiDined on 3/22/2014I had no idea it would be one of those restaurants so loud that you can barely talk across the table. Had I known I wouldn't have chosen it for a dinner with old friends who wanted to catch up. Service was fine, if apathetic - the waiter left our table in the middle of taking our order to attend to another table. The food did not all arrive at the same time and when mine did, it was cold. An interesting menu but not worth another visit. Maybe to grab a taco at the Farmer's Market.
- ImpressiveTinaVIPDined on 3/22/2014Wow The Food Was Incredible So Fresh And Plenty Of Food To Share Service Was AT First A Little Bit To Rushed Being That The Drinks, Appetizers, And Salad Came At The Same Time, We Ended Taking Home Most Of The Food Home Overall I Will Be Back A Four Star For The FoodSpecial Features:
- Delicious and differentakaldayDined on 3/15/2014Nice to see a mix of traditional and unusual Mexican dishes. Something for everyone at a birthday dinner that included foodie vegetarians and picky kids. Good margaritas -- not sweet and syrupy!Special Features:
- Not your usual tacos and burritosAndreaVIPDined on 3/8/2014Interesting menu options with very gourmet sauces. Unfortunately, my entree arrived lukewarm and the service was not good. May try again and hope for a better meal.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerAdri24Dined on 2/3/2014I came here for my birthday dinner with a group of about 15 ppl! The service was GREAT! And all of my guests LOVED the food and the customer service! Everything about this location is welcoming! They set up a table for us inside since it was pretty cold out, they made us feel very comfortable. Aside from the food being amazing, the drinks are delicious and pretty strong! Defiantly going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big open stace. Not much atmospherepatrickVIPDined on 2/1/2014Big open stace. Not much atmosphere at all, although it might be livelier at night. Lunches seem to be very quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toddlers plus sevenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2014We went for my daughter's birthday celebration, which coincided with Dine Out LA, so in addition to the regular menu, we were offered the prix fixe. We had 7 adults (one a vegetarian) and 2 toddlers. All the food was deliciou. I felt the prix fixe menu was a good value. The cheese "chicharron" was delicious. There are also several selections for vegetarians. Service was very good and we liked our seats. I always appreciate waiters who handle tables with toddlers with such grace, because they make a huge mess and don't buy much food, so we left a larger tip. Part of the prix fixe was dessert, so I ordered the rice pudding which I took home for breakfast, and found it to be light and not too sweet, with lemon, coconut, and chococlate nibs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/25/2014We always enjoy our meals here. This time we started with the Carne Asada Tostadas and tortilla chips with guacamole and salsa. The main course was Shrimp Flautas. We ended with housemade Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream. A flavorful meal with pleasant service to boot.Special Features:
- Better than you thinkRegiVIPDined on 1/23/2014This place might look like just another mall restaurant from the outside, but it's more than that. This is a place to get good food, friendly service all with a home-cooked feel. It's worth a trip.Special Features:
- Just this...4vrnDined on 1/18/2014waitress attempted to take our order too soon; we weren't ready, Then she left us for ages until we had to send for her.Special Features:
- Close-to-Great Mexican FoodWinkyScarlettDined on 1/18/2014Unfortunately West LA is a frequent tourist destination but weak in the Latin food department. If you are staying in this area, don't hesitate to try Loteria Grill. The street tacos are unique and tasty with interesting fillings, there are some nice fish dishes, and guacamole was chunky and tasty. They also validate for valet parking, so be sure to avail yourself of the underground parking garage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I happened to be there forpatrickVIPDined on 12/31/2013I happened to be there for lunch on New Year's Eve, and there was really no one there. The patio was very nice, and the food was good, if not memorable. I would not rush back, but certainly will go there occasionally for a nice lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.