Loteria Grill - Hollywood
6627 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Loteria Grill - Hollywood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://loteriagrill.com/
- Phone: 3234652500
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Shaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Special Events: 600 Years of Mexican Wine From the Field, to Street, to Table... 8-Course Fine Dinning Menu - 1 Seating Explore mexican delicacies paired with award-winning wines of Baja California with guest chef Javier Plascencia and music by Raul Campos Loteria Grill Hollywood Wednesday, June 4, 2014 at 7:30pm $75 per person Please visit our website for more information
A word from Loteria Grill - Hollywood
Jimmy Shaw opened the first Lotería! Grill in the summer of 2002 at the Farmers Market in Los Angeles, and ever since has been serving our guests a menu full of regional Mexican specialties as delicious as what he grew up enjoying in Mexico City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Loteria Grill - Hollywood - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Loteria Grill - Hollywood reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Bad drink/food/portions, no parkingFoodLover33Dined on 9/10/2014Hollywood loc. disappoints. Tacos are silver dollars, served open-faced so although you get some meat, it's not a taco. Open front wall/courtyard seems like a nice idea, but on busy, dirty, fume-filled Hollywood Blvd, not so much. No parking. Met co-workers at 5:30 and some meters end at 6:00, so moved the car at 6:00 and walked 2 blocks. Delayed getting back to car (2 min. late) helping disabled co-worker to her car, and found a $65 ticket on mine. Considering the worst mojito I've ever had, dull guacamole and small taco, at least service was good. Then I also got the ticket. Could have used a public lot for $10, but for Happy Hour and one quick drink? Co-workers had various dishes and drinks; all 6 people disappointed. Left a good tip.
- Fabuloso!MartaVIPDined on 9/2/2014We loved the ambiance, food and service at Loteria. We are dreaming of Loteria cards for our walls, and cooking enchiladas and rice just like that. The homemade tortillas are so fresh and delicious! Only one wish... Parking.Special Features:
- Interesting placeScottEVIPDined on 8/30/2014We stopped here for dinner before heading to the Hollywood Bowl, and it was...interesting. The food was really, really good. We had the ceviche tostadas as a starter, and while small, they were very flavorful. For our main, we had a carnitas plate, which was good but different from what we normally get at Mexican restaurants in San Diego (it had black beans, corn tortillas, and the pork was spiced). Location-wise, this is close to everything (Hollywood & Highland mall, as well as all the tourist spots and theaters). Service was good, but the decor was pretty minimal. Almost like it's a chain, but not a chain. My wife and I both had a good time, and enjoyed our food and drinks. We'd go back. :-)Special Features:
- Brownie shortbread dessert a mustLoteriaGlowDined on 8/20/2014My entree (sea bass) was super delicious with a nice spicy sauce and the tortillas were really good - we kept asking for more! The highlight of the meal, though, was the brownie shortbread dessert (I'm calling it this vague name because I can't remember exactly what it was called). It had spiced pepitas on top and a yummy sauce. I would go back just to have a few bites of this dessert! Really great service as well. My friend was an hour late and four different staff members (servers, bussers) kept checking to see if I was cool, wanted to order something, answered my questions about where she should park, etc.--they kept me company, basically! :-)Special Features:
- EMmmVIPDined on 8/9/2014Loteria continues to be one of the most outstanding authentic mexican restaurants in Los Angeles. Great food, great drinks. I took a party of four and we had a fantastic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Authentic MexicanFreenabelleVIPDined on 8/4/2014Amazing service and incredible food! Highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely slow serviceMARIA6167VIPDined on 7/27/2014I went there on a Sunday afternoon and there was hardly anyone there. The bus boy came up to us and took our drink order immediately. He was very friendly and everything seemed to go fine since our drinks did arrive quickly. We placed our food order immediately for a party of 3. 20 minutes went by and no food yet. A party of 6 came in and another one of 2, both of those tables were given their food before ours! We tried being patient but after those 2 parties left and we still had no food! The bus buy came up to us to ask if everything was ok, we must have looked upset by now. We asked WHY was our food taking soo long and he went to ask the kitchen and came back to apologize for the delay. 15 mins later food arrived. food was very bland.Special Features:
- DownhillJasonVIPDined on 7/21/2014It used to be a lot better. Quality has declined. Tables are sticky I wouldn't go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014The strawberry margaritas are not very good (they seem to use a syrup that is too sweet and tastes fake). However, their Cadillac margaritas are great!1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceRadiusDined on 6/21/2014The service is VERY slow and the waiters appeared to be bothered that we were taking up their precious time. It took quite some time once we were seated for a waiter to come help us and this was after the manager noticed us looking right at him. Thank goodness that the kitchen has the talent to make up for the bad service. The food is delicious. Horrible service though. The best and hardest worker in the place was the bus boy. Improve the service of the wait staff and this place would be great!
- The smallest tacosOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014My friends ordered tacos. Damn, those tacos look like the size of silver dollar coins. $10 for two seem ridiculous. I had the nachos, better value.Special Features:
- The following 38 reviews are from the Loteria Grill - Hollywood reviews archive.
- A couple of negatives...RodsterDined on 5/17/2014We have been here NUMEROUS times and LOVE the food.....we had made a 7pm reservation and they seated us before a walk-in....that was nice.....the waitress was nice but would rarely stop and talk....she would comment and keep walking.....had to ask for a glass of wine 3 times and also ask for the check 3 times.....a large group of men kept singing (3 times) HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a woman at another table....it was VERY annoying....we get ONCE, but THREE times?????...would we go back...ABSOLUTELY.....but will probably to the one in the Valley instead...Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014Food was just OK. Service was not good. Wine was lousy. Would not recommend or come back.
- Perfect before The PantagesLoterialoverDined on 5/14/2014Everyone in our multigenerational group loved it! The queso fundido, the snapper Veracruz, and the mint rice are not to be missed.Special Features:
- Excellent Staff!CrysraeDined on 5/13/2014I arrived 30 mins early for my 6:30 reservation, where I was meeting two other friends for dinner. My table was already ready and waiting, with the menus set and everything. Good was good, drinks were good, but the chips and salsa were AWESOME. Would definitely go back next time I'm in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican Food in LA!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/5/2014After stumbling across Loteria Grill at the Farmer's Market a few months ago, we made the connection that there is also a Loteria Grill in Hollywood. We've been twice now and love the city ambiance and delicious authentic Mexican dishes. I grew up in Austin and have lived in LA for 17 years now and have struggled to find an upscale Mexican restaurant in the Hollywood area that serves high quality Mexican food. The search is over. You can't go wrong with Loteria Grill from the awesome Chilaquiles to Ceviche (try all three) to the Enchiladas to the beef and fresh fish dishes. All top notch. And it's great to have a Mexican restaurant with a classy city vibe in the heart of Hollywood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLENativeAngelinoDined on 5/3/2014I live in the neighborhood and used to love it here. This night, my reservation was ignored. Our server, kept insisting on me ordering the salad she liked and not the one I wanted. Our FAVORITE Tamarind margueritas had absolutely no evidence of tamarind. No seeds or pulp like there has always been. Tasted like orange juice. The pitcher we ordered was poured by our server so fast at the table all the ice made the liquid go flying everywhere. Our food was cold and "the special" my friend ordered was charged al a carte instead of the "special" price she mentioned and again insisted she order. We order 2 tequila shots and one beer. We had to ask 3 times to bring them. The whole experience? HORRIBLE!
- Yummy food and great servicepickyaboutrestaurantsDined on 5/2/2014This was my third visit to Loteria and it did not disappoint. The food was delicious and the tequila selection was abundant. We especially loved the ceviche and probaditas. Our server, Noche, was knowledgeable, friendly and prompt. We ate before a show at the Pantages and went back afterward for dessert. Can't wait to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loteria FTWFoxyDined on 4/21/2014Went out with a group from the office and had a blast. This place always delivers.Special Features:
- Couldn't be happiercinemathquedinerDined on 4/6/2014This is one of the few really good restaurants on Hollywood Blvd. When going to the Egyptian or any theatre they will accomodate having to get to a screening. Food is excellent, and service wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the DolbyKathleenVIPDined on 4/2/2014Great meal before Neil Young at the Dolby. Yummy drinks and food!Special Features:
- Awesome choice in HollywoodKimbafaceVIPDined on 3/28/2014Went here before an event at the Dolby based on Open Table reviews. This place did not disappoint!! The staff was incredibly welcoming and attentive. The space is vibrant with a beautiful bar and great patio area, perfect for watching all of shenanigans along Hollywood Boulevard. But the real standout was the food. Great margarita and michelada menu. Incredibly fresh and tasty ingredients (our group had enchiladas suit as, enchiladas mole and a burrito crane desebrada). And fantastic fresh tasty guacamole. Will go here again. ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing GuacamoledinerduoDined on 3/21/2014Great find for dinner before a play at the Pantages. Although it is a bit of a walk down Hollywood Blvd from the theatre, it is Hollywood Blvd ! Perfect walk after dinner. Exceptional flavors and yummy food.Special Features:
- Superb ExperienceSusieQDined on 3/18/2014The food here is amazing, and the staff was wonderful, helpful, kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Mexican in HollywoodEmmmDined on 3/11/2014The food was great - fresh ingredients and zesty flavors. Excellent fresh juice Margarita and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayJazzyStonesDined on 2/14/2014This was a perfect last minute find on the night of Valentine's Day with most restaurants booked. The ambiance was perfect, our waitress was extremely knowledgable, and the food and margaritas were amazing! I would highly recommend Loteria for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodMarkmanVIPDined on 2/4/2014Had a great meal with my wife... drinks and food were excellent.... only disappointment was that they were offering the taste of LA menu (we did not go there knowing this), so my wife went with this 3 course option and I ordered off the regular menu. For my wife, the appetizer was to die for and the main course was delicious... then came the issue... when she ordered her meal. she picked the churros with dipping sauce, but when it came time for desert, our server told her they were out of that choice (since it was 5:30 when we ordered, that would be pretty early to run out) she asked for the second choice (there were 3 options for dessert) which was cheesecake, and she was told again, they were out of that as well. Ended up with Flan.Special Features:
- Fantastic Mexican FoodCommonEaterVIPDined on 1/31/2014We've been going to Loteria Grill for years. The food is always fantastic, excellent flavors. Good vegetarian options as well. If you're smart, round it off with a jalapeno margarita. :)Special Features:
- Best dining experience I evergregDined on 1/29/2014Best dining experience I ever had. Outstanding service and food.Special Features:
- Breakfast GemOcLeahDined on 1/19/2014We found this place after walking down from The Roosevelt on Hollywood Blvd. It was pretty quiet when we arrived because it had just opened. The service, food and drinks were all awesome. Great little breakfast spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out in HollywoodLuvLADined on 1/11/2014Wonderful service, great location and the food was outstanding. This is the perfect restaurant experience for those who enjoy an interesting menu and moderately priced evening. Modern, festive and hip interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and margaritas!CoolgirlDined on 12/21/2013Guacamole and chips were so good we ate them all. Best chicken mole I have ever had. Wonderful salad with roasted beets and goat cheese. The margaritas were to die for. We liked everything about this place! Fantastic hand made tortillas!Special Features:
- Yummyx2takDined on 12/21/2013Ate at Loteria before going to the Dolby Theater for a show. They have valet parking which is convenient. Food and service were great. We had a party of six, including two kids. They don't have a kids menu, but we were able to improvise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous good in a great building!julianne1030VIPDined on 12/21/2013The food is so delicious! I recommend the carne Deshebrada burrito. The meat is so flavorful! I love the lively, spacious atmosphere as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought the food was basicallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/16/2013Thought the food was basically uninspired. Watery chicken tacos - not going back.
- Another Hollywood StarDinoVIPDined on 11/29/2013Every item our party of six experienced, was ¡muy bien! The tacos arrachera; carnitas en salsa morita, in a flavorful spicy chile sauce; and ochinita pibil, achiote & citrus marinated pork, that was slowly roasted in a banana leaf. Chef Shaw's specialty for the evening - was red snapper (perfectly seared) in a tomato, onion, olive and caper sauce. It was served with black beans, white rice, & plantains for $21. This "feature" was certainly worth its ticket-price. Oh, Hollywood. The margaritas Pepino (cucumber) are refreshing while the jalapeño has kick - both magnified our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013This is the second time I go to the Latoria in Hollywood and so far both occasions have been very satisfying. This weekend my mother and I were unfortunately late to the restaurant due to traffic and the host was very accommodating and quick on sitting us. The food was delicious and the drinks were strong. Have no complaints.Special Features:
- Great tacosPlayer6464VIPDined on 11/22/2013The tacos and margaritas are amazing. Fun place, and perfect for groups!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mexican foodhungry1Dined on 11/21/2013Had a very nice meal here. Staff were friendly and efficient. Portions were very large. Would have liked a bit more info on the different dishes in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really??? Don't Come here!!!RicksterDined on 11/20/2013So this restaurant has a good name, great looking website, and the decoration is interesting.. However, the food is HORRIBLE! The food is described as authentic and homemade, authentic or not it has to be good and if you're going to describe it as homemade then it better not look like it came out of a can. Our appetizers were the chicken quesadillas, they came hot (good). The quesadilla itsef was a round flower tortilla folded over with some boiled chicken, semi-raw tomatoes and a slice of mozzarella. Really Mozzarella? The chicken, though cooked thoroughly, was plain and had not seasoning whatsoever. This is probably why the tomatoes were put in there, yuk!! The rest of our meal was worse, but I am out of room. Don't Come here!