Loteria Grill Hollywood
6627 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Loteria Grill Hollywood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.loteriagrill.com/
- Phone: 3234652500
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: All Day; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Shaw
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer on-site and off-site catering, with full service staff.
- Entertainment: Lounge music as background, no live entertainment.
- Cross Street: Cherokee St
- Public Transit: The main subway station is Hollywood/Highland, and we are 3 blocks east from there, also the main bus line number 217/780 run along Hollywood Blvd 24 hours a day.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking is done by a professional valet company. There also is a parking structure on Cherokee Street right behind the restaurant.
A word from Loteria Grill Hollywood
Loteria Grill is the best Regional Mexican Cuisine that Los Angeles has to offer!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Loteria Grill Hollywood reviews from OpenTable diners
- I absolutely love this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2012I absolutely love this restaurant and truly dream about their mole sauce. Their food is delicious and it's a fun place to take people.Special Features:
- La Loteria is fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2012One of my favorite restaurants in Hollywood. Consistently excellent.Special Features:
- RobertoRobertoDined on 9/17/2012I'm not a fan of the food in most of the touristy Mexican restaurants in town (El Coyote, Casita de Campo, etc). They may have good margaritas but their food is mediocre at best. However, Lotteria Gril is an exception to that. Their food is always fresh, tasty and authentic. This time I had their Cazuela de Tierra y Mar (surf & turf) special which was delicious. Service was very attentive and they offered a wide variety of tequilas, margaritas and other drinks to suit any taste.Special Features:
- We were seated almost immediatelyoserranoDined on 9/15/2012We were seated almost immediately but it took about 30 mns to get our drinks, overall service was very slow but the food was really good. I would probably go back just for the food, hope the service is better.Special Features:
- Poor ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2012Overall the food was bland. It was way over priced for the quality and quantity of food provided. Would not recommend.
- Good fresh food. Waiter checksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2012Good fresh food. Waiter checks on your regularly but has a hard time explaining the menu if there are questions. Music is a bit loud, but still able to hold a conversation with those at the table. Good for groups between 5-10 people.Special Features:
- savory food, poor serviceecumenicalDined on 8/29/2012Wife and i tried a few different tacos: beef tongue, carnitas, cactus, and stewed chicharron. The marinades/sauces were delicious and the meat quality was good. My wife liked the tongue, i preferred the carnitas. But all were good. We liked the tortillas, which were light but not fragile. The ceviche was solid. The service was poor. I asked the waiter for water with lemon. We received water, no lemon. I asked two other guys for lemon over the next 5 min. After 10 more min, we received lime wedges and i was told that they don't have lemon wedges. I had doubts about that, but didn't push it further. In any case, what a hassle. And my wife's Margarita came without the salt on the rim that she had asked for. More complaints but no space left.Special Features:
- Our waiter could not get anythingRigagigVIPDined on 8/15/2012Our waiter could not get anything right. Overpriced. Lots of up selling. Very annoying.Special Features:
- As usual, the food was spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/10/2012As usual, the food was spectacular and the service is always terrific. The cameron de veracruzana is a winner and, whatever you do, make sure you ask for the green rice.Special Features:
- Jimmy Shaw's genius is notezriteDined on 7/29/2012Jimmy Shaw's genius is not just for his superb upmarket take on Mexican "home cooking" but also for making you feel completely at home while you enjoy it. (Tho' very few homes have such a gloriously well-stocked bar.)Special Features:
- We sat outside on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/28/2012We sat outside on a Saturday evening prior to attending a movie at the El Capitan. Very pleasant outdoor dining area. Waitstaff was great, food was very average. Nice selection of tequilas, a few decent Mexican beers.
- The food is delicious , theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/24/2012The food is delicious , the jalapeño margaritas are fantastic and always service with a smile!Special Features:
- This was our first time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2012This was our first time eating here. We had 3 kids (9-12) in our party. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered and the margaritas were good. A bit pricey, we were surprised by our bill at the end of the night, seemed expensive for Mexican food. Would eat here again but order less!Special Features:
- Drinks and service are great.littlegVIPDined on 7/13/2012Drinks and service are great. The food is good but not really equal to the price.Special Features:
- You win some, you lose some...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2012The food was good, the scene was good, the service however was not. My friend asked for chips three times before the manager finally got us the chips we ordered. Thankfully they comped us for the chips. but overall it left a bad taste in my mouth (not literally).Special Features:
- Downtown Hollywood is gross.AugustVIPDined on 7/6/2012Downtown Hollywood is gross. But the ambiance is great and the food is good. Quiet at lunch on a Friday ...Special Features:
- Hollywood STAROpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/24/2012EXCELLENT MARGARITAS and WONDERFUL FOOD... Creative and innovative tacos!Special Features:
- Food was OK; servce was slow;OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2012Food was OK; servce was slow; had to ask for everything; water, second drink, bill, etc.
- Wasn't crowded on a MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2012Wasn't crowded on a Monday night, but our waitress forgot our drink orders - a bit irritating. Wait-staff also were a bit overzealoua about clearing our plates before we were ready. Mexican chocolate ice cream was amazing. Food and atmosphere was great & would go back again... Hopefully wait-staff issues were an anomaly. Will give another chance.
- Yum, Yum and more YUM!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/18/2012The taco options are creative and delicious... dont miss the potato taco (yes POTATO!) And prepare for some of the BEST margaritas in LA. CAN NOT WAIT TO COME BACK.Special Features:
- Eat here when in Hollywood!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Great dinner on Fathers Day! Not rushed along! Excellent food and service! Great margueritas!Special Features:
- Loteria Grill made me veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2012Loteria Grill made me very proud. My "Westside" friends came, grindingly, to Hollywood for lunch last week and were surprised at how much Hollywood had changed! And they all adored the food and the ambiance at Loteria Grill. Thank you Loteria!Special Features:
- A great Mexican restaurantTheColonelVIPDined on 6/4/2012A great Mexican restaurant frequented by locals and touristsSpecial Features:
- My new fav Mexican placeRebeccaBBinLADined on 6/2/2012This is my new fav Mexican place! We sat on the little patio because the roar inside was ridiculous. The music was fun all night long, but I could never stand to be inside to hear it full blast- it's just too loud for me. Great people watching - see the Hollywood scensters in full regalia. Food and drinks were all good. Only desert, a cake, was a bust. We will defineltly be back. Easy drive from the ArcLight, so good for after a movie.Special Features:
- Everything tastes like chipotleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2012Dining room staff are excellent! Snappy, quick service - vigilant and attentive. Bar staff & kitchen staff executed everything very well. Fish cooked perfectly, beans and rice just right, spinach had nice texture, delicious drinks, etc. What I did not like was that every sauce we tasted is a spinoff of the chipotle salsa they bring you with the chips, so everything tastes pretty much the same. I love chipotle but it was really uncreative and brought the meal way down. The choice here is chipotle or mole. At least have salsa verde!
- I had a great time spendingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012I had a great time spending my mothers day with my mom at Loteria. Everyone was nice the food was fantastic I will go again and again and again.Special Features:
- Good food for a good price.moondogVIPDined on 5/12/2012Good food for a good price. Average atmosphere, outdoor seating isn't great.Special Features:
- the best margarita ive everOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012the best margarita ive ever had in my entire life.Special Features:
- Our waiter was personable,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2012Our waiter was personable, with excellent service and perfect recommendations for our food and beverage choices for the evening. The ambiance is not over the top...the food was amazing!Special Features:
- A few of my friends like toOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/24/2012A few of my friends like to get together to catch up over a meal and a few drinks now and then and somehow we found ourselves here. The food was good, not mind-blowing, but okay. The parking anxiety is another story - they have valet but none of us are fans of such things and we all found street parking and had to be back to our cars in 2 hours or risk getting tickets.
- I've been to this particularJenkfiveDined on 4/22/2012I've been to this particular Loteria a few times and the food is always good. However I do not remember the music ever being so loud that you could barely hear yourself talk. I asked the host 3 times if the music could be turned down a bit. If it was turned down it was not noticeable. The service was barely fair. It took forever just to get chips and forever to get a second drink delivered after it was ordered. Not worth coming back ...the food is good, but not good enough to compensate for the service.Special Features:
- I Won at Loteria Grill!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/22/2012I had never dined at Loteria Grill. I know it's a chain and I can't speak for the other locations, but I LOVED my experience on Sunday. I took the subway from Downtown where I live, enjoyed its proximity to the Hollywood and Highland station, that they were showing the Lakers game (which they won in double overtime), and that the hostess allowed us to sit at the bar, dine, and saved our table until the game was over. I'm a pozole aficionado and typically only eat it at Mexican joints in East L.A., Huntington Park and Highland Park where I know it's going to be authentic and done right (think La Casita Mexicana in Bell). Loteria's pozole was out of this world. The wait staff was very, very attentive, and male wait staff was HOT!Special Features:
- We used to like this restaurantTeriDined on 4/14/2012We used to like this restaurant a lot and would come here before seeing shows. They make this chile morita sauce that is really fantastic. However, the menu has changed overtime, I think to accommodate the tourist palate, and now I feel like I am in a very loud Chi Chi's.
- food not up to parGirlEatFoodDined on 4/14/2012I've eaten at the Studio City location many times and the food has always been great. But I was really dissapointed with the food here at the Hollywood location Saturday night. We took 12 people out to dinner and not one person though the food was good. It was a real dissapointment! Infact we left to go somewhere else for desert becasue it was so bad. Food was very bland and mediocre. But the service was very friendly and the drinks were good, according to those that drank. The atmosphere was fun and bright. It might have been a bad night for the kitchen, but not one dish was remarkable or woth going back for.
- Consistently very good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/13/2012Consistently very good food. My friends and I meet there for dinner about once a month and we are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Dinner was delicious!!! TheroadwarriorVIPDined on 4/12/2012Dinner was delicious!!! The margarita was fresh and flavorful and the mahi mahi was perfectly prepared. The appetizer of "cheese melted on the griddle" was different and delicious! Service was attentive..... very much a team work approach to taking care of customers. I look forward to dining there again!Special Features:
- Awesome food! Awesome MargueritasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2012Awesome food! Awesome Margueritas with Awesome tequila! Vibrant atmosphere...alive, fun, great energy! And....my husband and I even had our duaghter who loved the guacamole! Ole!Special Features:
- Flavorful Mexican in HollywoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/30/2012Flavorful Mexican in Hollywood - try the pork rind tacos!Special Features:
- LOTERIA IS A WINNER FOR ME!foodieVIPDined on 3/28/2012I'M LATINA AND I LOVE MY MEXICAN FOOD . I MUST SAY THIS PLACE WAS PRETTY DARN GOOD. I LIKED THE WAY THEY DECORATE THE PLACE INTO THE MEXICAN BINGO VERSION "LOTERIA" AND THE TORTILLAS ARE HAND MADE ON THE SPOT.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the open bright setting.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2012Enjoyed the open bright setting. The margaritas were interesting, all tasted of fresh ingredients, not overly sweet mixes, served over ice. Our standouts were the Loteria, Jalapeño (just enough heat), and the Tamarind. Luckily we hit happy hour as margaritas are served in small glasses otherwise would have been overpriced. We ordered a variety of dishes and loved them all. From the thick, creamy tortilla soup, tacos- cactus salad and shrimp with spicy morita salsa, carnitas sopes, enchiladas-mahi mahi with creamy chipotle sauce and red snapper with a black bean sauce. Flavors blended well on each plate and tasted fresh. Cons; small tacos for the price, difficult parking.