974 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 4158171212
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: T-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Greg Lutes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Lot 7
Lot 7 Seafood Restaurant located on the vibrant Valencia corridor is the Mission"s premiere seafood destination with plenty of vegetarian and meat options as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lot 7 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Although I thought that LotcabgoesleftVIPDined on 3/2/2013Although I thought that Lot 7 was going to be fish focused, I found a nice tapas menu with north African influences. Definitely not disappointed. I had tasty oysters from WA, grilled squid and a interesting (in a v. good way!) set of vegetable purees. I was told that the Egyptian owner wanted to focus on his roots. Good plan! : ) They have a good selection of wines by the glass and very nice people for servers.Special Features:
- good start to a new restaurantAmazingVIPDined on 2/28/2013New restaurant still looking to solidify their identity. The food was good, but the menu is very small. The specials are the only main dishes. The food was fresh, with good presentation and good flavor. Watch out as this restaurant zeros in on its identity it should be a gem.
- Overall, the food was disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2013Overall, the food was disappointing. Good wine selection. The live music was an unexpected bonus. Not sure that I would go back.
- Food was good but a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/14/2013Food was good but a little dull, in that there were no real layering of flavors.
- Great food. Absolutely fantastic.dotesDined on 2/8/2013Great food. Absolutely fantastic. Very good service. But a little pricey for what you get. Portions were rather small but overall a great experience. Great beer list. Ok wine list. Definitely worth going back to.Special Features:
- Definately coming backSwimgirlDined on 2/2/2013Loved the oysters, salad and the salmon entrée. Our friends had fish and chips and gobbled it up. Casual, great food and price point is right. Kitchen was a little slow but we weren't in a hurry. Good job!Special Features:
- Good service, nice vibe, Poor foodbritguyVIPDined on 1/17/2013Service was friendly and efficient. Decor is nice and vibe is laid back. Main drawback is the food. Prices are too high and the portions small. The Fish and Chips starter had 6 small nuggets and tons of Fries. The Main course Risotto was overpowering and acidic. My friends steak was such a small portion they were still hungry. Dessert sounded great- Banana Bread pudding but was bland with hardly a taste of Banana.
- used a bloomspot voucher forebuenaVIPDined on 1/17/2013used a bloomspot voucher for this visit. the restaurant did not have oysters that night but our food was great nonetheless. The banana bread pudding was yummy! Overall...A great night! thanksSpecial Features:
- Meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/15/2013This was my 2nd visit here. I remember there being more intriguing options the last time, including an uni flan that I was disappointed was not available this time. It was extremley cold inside, the decor was sparse and my husband noticed a slight odor. Our servers were friendly enough but it seemed they were somewhat understaffed. Unfortunately, it didn't stand up to the first visit and I won't likely go back again.
- Ambiance, fair price, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Nothing spectacular but no real drawbacks either, though a few things I didn't prefer. I know some people NEED a restaurant to be IT and WOW. Well, sometimes you just want a place that isn't crowded to the gills that doesn't have overpriced appetizers pretending to be meals. Oysters were quite good and the steak was nice quality. Soft drinks are hipster chic - I wanted a freakin Coke and all they had some kind of Ginger beer - and the beer was pseudo-Euro microbrew - spare me - but the wine list was long and varied. The waitress was more interested in the football game than in serving us. Saw her exactly once after our order was delivered. It was about 45 degrees the night we went and it might have been 60 in the restaurant.
- I was looking for a new seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012I was looking for a new seafood restaurant. Found this place online and decided to try it.When I arrived I picked out a glass of wine. I decided on a white, the wine tased as if the bottle was opened for close to two weeks and it also had a metal taste. That set the mood for dissapoinment, however I powered through staying positive. Ordered a nice glass of Italian wine...then I had my heart set on Oysters, all to find out that they were out of them! My girlfriend and I decided to take it slow now...so we ordered 1 soup and 1 salad. The chowder was very very salty, we left it half full. Also, they did not serve any oyster crackers or bread with the soup. Salad was average. We decided to grab the check and hit another place...
- Sit in the back. RestaurantFoodieVIPDined on 12/26/2012Sit in the back. Restaurant tends to be a bit chilly. Waiter did not bring bread out. I had to ask. Food was a bit pricey. Not sure i would go back without a discount voucher.Special Features:
- Bad Service, and They mistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2012Bad Service, and They mistake transaction. I ask manager but he is nuts.just disappointment.They double charge for meal. I did mistake choose this restaurant from open table.
- Our risotto was bland to tastelessOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/15/2012Our risotto was bland to tasteless but the salmon and spinach salad were yummy. Service was efficient and helpful but the pounding of the music was so loud we couldn't hear each other even though there were only 3 of us. Even after we asked our waiter if it was possible to turn the music lower, which he did, it was way to loud to be able to have a conversation. My guess is that Lot 7 is trying to present themselves as a happening bar rather than as a restaurant to go to for dinner.
- This wasn't our first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/7/2012This wasn't our first time dining at Lot 7, and we were happy that they had flexibility for our reservation on a Friday. That said, it became clear why — they were woefully understaffed, with waits of 30 minutes and an hour for our appetizer and main course. That said, the oysters were actually quite good though, as was the pan seared sole (though a little too buttery for my tastes). It just too far too long to be served.
- Good food and surprisinglyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/2/2012Good food and surprisingly empty for a Sunday evening. The price point is a bit higher than you'd want for a gathering of friends or a regular family meal. Good food and plenty of options.Special Features:
- Not what we expected for theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2012Not what we expected for the price. Timing was somewhat slow, especially with only 3-4 other dinners, early on a Sunday eve. Server was not very attentive to specific questions or needs (ie- a mention of a food sensitivity, and then dish was delivered including the item we had asked about). No particularly exciting or memorable dishes, although seafood seemed fresh and good quality.
- Found the food to be delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2012Found the food to be delicious, the server was incredibly nice, and the food arrived quickly. The wine was very good, too.Special Features:
- Good sea food in Mission.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2012Good sea food in Mission. Small menu but creative and well executed. Not crazy about techno dance music over dinner.
- Considering I was the onlyBizitzariVIPDined on 11/10/2012Considering I was the only person dining at the restaurant, the grilled squid was not even grilled and was cold, my grilled dorado was over cooked and the side pasta was both overcooked. Service was mediocre to poor. Definitely not worth the time or money.
- Disappointed with the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/28/2012Disappointed with the food. Both in taste and price/quantity. I read a bunch of online reviews and found out that night that they have a new chef who wanted to change the whole menu from the previous chef's. The menu now only has like 3 entrees to choose from. The food is overpriced for what you get. Either lower your prices or give more food!
- It needs to improve a lotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2012It needs to improve a lot (7) food, menu, more type of fish, etc.
- There were only 2 optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/25/2012There were only 2 options available for an entrees, unless you count the appetizer and salads. I need more choices!
- Generally, this is a congenialdubberkeleyDined on 10/25/2012Generally, this is a congenial place. The service is casual, to a fault -- it was disappointingly slow and unresponsive at times. Our food was lovely, although I am still aching from the price of oysters - $3 a pop, and no discount for a dozen? A little crazy. Wine list was deep and good. Prices are commensurate with others in the neighborhood. Overall, a nice evening, but I won't rush to go back - a dozen oysters, 2 salads, 1 side and 2 reasonable glasses of wine for $100? Seems steep...Special Features:
- Food was delicious, I recommendReviewerDined on 10/25/2012Food was delicious, I recommend the oysters and tuna carpaccio. The busboy was phenomenal, in that he knew the full menu, checked in on us repeatedly, and was extremely friendly.Special Features:
- Very good food but servicejewelgirlDined on 10/24/2012Very good food but service was a bit too "relaxed" and the room was far too noisy. Giant's playoff game in the background with the occasional group uproar was fine, but the music was too much. Could not carry-on a conversation.
- Surprisingly great Fish &18andRhodeVIPDined on 10/23/2012Surprisingly great Fish & Chips. Limited choices for the main entree. There were only two items — tuna and salmon. Many options first and 2nd dishes. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Poorly constructed food, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/23/2012Poorly constructed food, service was mediocre, staff lacked knowledge about the menu.
- It's hard for me to feel confidentLate4DinnerVIPDined on 10/21/2012It's hard for me to feel confident reviewing the food because all the members of our party ordered the same thing! If there is one problem with Lot 7, it's that there is not a wide selection of entrees (only 3 on the night we were there, if I recall correctly). We like to taste each other's dishes, and occasionally swap if someone doesn't like what they ordered, so it was a little worrisome that we all ordered the crab-stuffed sole, but it was SOOO good! If everyone else hadn't been having the same thing, I still wouldn't have wanted to share. Service was very good - solicitous while not trying to be our BFF. Overall, a great experience. Will stop by again to try something different.
- NENER AGAIN!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012There is a new chef who totally changed the former menu. We looked forward to what we planned to order and none of it was available. The new menu was very limited. Their food was overpriced and the portions were especially meager. We ordered the Ahi Tuna starter. They actually served one slice of sashimi, which was cut in half lengthwise, and then cut in half crosswise. It cost $14! We were completely ripped-off. We will never return, and won't ever recommend Lot 7. Regarding their former menu, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
- Lot 7 - a great neighborhood finddatspeedVIPDined on 10/21/2012We noted before dining at Lot 7 the some of the recent reviews were quite low. We did not find this to be the case. The food was excellent and the service was very good. I did not think the prices were unreasonable. The grilled squid and fried smelt appetitizers were excellent. The seafood stew and crab stuffed sole were very good. Note that the on-line menu is quite different than the current menu. The house wine was an excellent value. We'll return.Special Features:
- Hi there I had heard soeatenbutnotforgotten1Dined on 10/18/2012Hi there I had heard so many great things, and reviewed a menu online. when we were seated and scanned over the menu, it did not sync up. The Service was friendly and informative. the apps were the high point. the only issue we had was a giant TV was glowing in the background with the niners game on and it was not expected as also another patron had mentioned no television
- The food portions were modest,LeoinSFVIPDined on 10/14/2012The food portions were modest, and given that the taste was not extraordinary, it seemed overpriced relative to the value. We were quite shocked when we received the bill. I've had grilled calamari at a fraction of the price that tasted fresher and had a nicer portion. The wines were very, very good, and reasonably priced by the glass. The waiter seemed aloof, and given that it wasn't very crowded, it was a mystery to us.
- I did not need a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2012I did not need a reservation for a Sunday evening as the restaurant was pretty empty. Server was attentive, but food choices were limited, as they had run out over the weekend. And there was a new chef working with what he had. So we had starters only for a light yet expensive meal. Fish and chips = fish was bland, chips excellent. Tuna tartare = average, loved the finger lime citrus caviar in the topping though. Yellowtail hamachi = very good Crab Cake = excellent, well seasoned, and perfectly cooked. Overall, the presentation was nice, with small food amounts for the cost though. Perhaps happy hour would offer a better value.Special Features:
- expensive, mediocre food.OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/11/2012expensive, mediocre food. good ambiance though, and not bad wine.
- papardelle with mushroomsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/10/2012papardelle with mushrooms and kale was lovely and filling. the hamachi crudo -- tasty though it was -- was priced a bit high for the skimpiness of its portion size though. wouldn't recommend getting that. Bar Crudo is much more generous with its apps; and they taste better too.Special Features:
- Only the uni creme brûléeOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 10/2/2012Only the uni creme brûlée was a winner. I would go back for happy hour drinks n snacks only. The dinner menu, for the price they charge, did not stand out enough for me to warrant a second try. My last restaurant i went to for same price range was Range -- and I would go back there again as every ingredient for every dish was well thought out, and everything on plate would compliment each other. The 2 main entrees we ordered at Lot 7, tuna and steak, both had diced potatoes in the mix. One of them had salad. Not too imaginative. Need to branch out to be different and expand on uni type dishes to succeed in row of competing restaurants.
- I"ll give you 7 reasons NOT to goExcellentDined on 9/29/2012WE WILL NEVER COME BACK HERE AGAIN!!!! Since our initial visit- the prices have climbed immensely. (Ahi Tuna was on menu for 19 and is now 25- Website still reflects $19 pricepoint though) Oh, and the service has dropped drastically. Which is sad, because the first time we were here it was a 5 star experience all around. The food was great, service was superb and this time it was 1 star below all around. Food very subpar, service HORRIBLE. She was friendly but friendly doesn't make up for disappearing and extremely unknowledgeable service. Also, if you make a reservation as we did, I think it is tacky to sit us at the communal table and right next to the cold air of the front door- you should save communal tables for walk ins.
- They are going to have toDavids179VIPDined on 9/22/2012They are going to have to step up both food quality and service to compete.
- The food was really good,crispanVIPDined on 9/21/2012The food was really good, but the music, if you can call it that, was so relentlessly loud and awful that I had a headache by the time we left.