Lost Society - DC
2001 14th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
U Street Corridor
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lost Society - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lostsociety-dc.com/
- Phone: 2026188868
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday & Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Wednesday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 2:00am
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 3:00am
Sunday: 8pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joseph Evans
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The third floor features a DJ booth where local talent spins a variety of genres.
- Special Events: Lost Society is available to host private events and parties. Email email@example.com for more details.
A word from Lost Society - DC
Perched a top the intersection of 14th and U Streets, Lost Society offers food, drink, and a killer view from its roof deck. The kitchen, run by Executive Chef Joseph Evans, serves up dishes that do justice to the restaurant's qualification as a 'boutique steakhouse.' Steak selections, in addition to other meat, fish, and vegetarian entrée options, render Lost Society an excellent destination for even the pickiest eaters. The bars (there are four) feature wine, beer, and cocktail options that complement a meal, a night on the town, or both.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Lost Society - DC - Best Restaurants in U Street Corridor ›
Lost Society - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (41)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (33)special occasion (32)fit for foodies (28)romantic (24)good for groups (23)late-night find (20)scenic view (20)great for outdoor dining (8)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Fantastic Service and FUN!!amazon68ktDined on 8/23/2014Restaurant service mixed with a lively bar scene. Great for a girl's night out. The service was spot on and we weren't rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudHerculesVIPDined on 8/21/2014We went on a Thursday evening and the place had a decent crowd. It was WAY too loud and I found everyone was YELLING at each other. I think I may have some hearing loss after that dinner. We sat at a booth and pulled the curtains but that really didn't make much difference. Then we had a server who would open the curtain to bring food and then walk off! If you found the curtain closed shouldn't you close it back? The food and drinks were FABULOUS! The fried brussel sprouts are delish! We will go back but hopefully it will be WAY less noisy!Special Features:
- Why we came backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2014Great service goes a long when most people are emotional as they part with their hard earned money. With that said, we came back for Reece! Our waiter was friendly, professional and hilarious! This is the new hang spot. -Jonas great bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, overpriced,tastelessDinningDivaDined on 8/8/2014So loud we had to yell at each other, waitress was nice but not attentive, drinks were watered down, the food looked good on the plate but the portions were small for $20-30 entree and then were not well seasoned sand bland
- stake is overatedMkanaDined on 8/2/2014They call themselves a boutique stake house but it wasn't better than the stakes I make at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think the food was overpricedJakmanDined on 8/2/2014Ore meal was good; it is a cool atmosphere, but the price of entrees, particularly as it fashions itself as a steak house, it not at the level of a Mortons or other steakhouses. Please the food or steak is too well done, and it was a la carte style/ It was not worth a 125 restaurant tab sans tip It has a cool atmosphere, etc. . Our server was great and very attentive.Special Features:
- Love it hereMeganVIPDined on 8/1/2014I think Lost Society is a great place to get dinner. The scene is great, service is friendly and the food is wonderful! We will continue to go here!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Lost Society is a great location to meet friends after work or to celebrate a special occasion. Service is excellent, food selections were yummy especially the specials and great drinks. Even though the noise level is energetic, you can still have great table conversations. The quiet corners provide just the right amount of privacy for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and foodQuieterDined on 7/30/2014This was our first time dining at Lost Society. Our waitress, Elizabeth was very nice, knowledeable and friendly. We dined and they had a special Free Wine with two entrees, really good. The rib eye steak was tender and seasoned well. The cajon seasoned t-bone had a little bit of fat around the edges which the chef should have trimmed off a little more. The only down side is that mini cup with a pinch of fries. The restaurant should implement a larger portion of fries with the expensive meal. I feel I could have swallowed the fires down in one gulp that was the only down-side.Special Features:
- Fun vibe, ok food, drinks so-soWLinMDDined on 7/19/2014Four of us had a later dinner at Lost Society on Saturday. The food got mixed reviews: the two steak-eaters were happy with their meals; the two seafood eaters not so much. Cocktails were sub-par. The atmosphere was fun and energetic -- but the food was just not worth the $$$.
- Good value, good steak, hot sceneDCNYEDined on 7/18/2014I had heard great things about the steaks, and not-so-great things about the service. While the steak wasn't the "best in DC" as some have claimed, it was remarkably good considering the final check was about half what you'd expect at a traditional steakhouse. The service was superb, so I guess all the complainers just had bad luck. I got the strip and my wife got the country fried steak. The breading-to-meat ratio on the latter was too high, so stick with the broiler. House wine is also a good value; nothing fancy, but it's nice to have a little wine with dinner without breaking the bank. The covered roofdeck was a really nice place for an early nightcap. The scene there is hip yet relaxed and not too pretentious. Would visit again.Special Features:
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Didn't have high expectations based on other reviews, but our food was prepared perfectly, and the service was good.Special Features:
- Cute little spot!SweetyDimplesDined on 7/5/2014I just to go to law society celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. We were originally supposed to be a large party ended up only being six of us. The hostesses were very gracious and accommodating with all the changes. The service was great. The food was wonderful. Their whole menu, esp the steaks, can rival any high end steakhouse in the city. We definately want to return just to sit out at the fooftop bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Food was good. Unfortunately, with many newer restaurants the staff is not professionally trained in table service ettiquette. Like DO NO stack the dirty dishes ar the table in front of the customer. They should be moved to the serivce areas for this. Despite a full bar, I asked for a Bloody Mary which they only serve on week-ends????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the steak!welovesushiDined on 6/27/2014Really good food. The nightclub half, upstairs of the restaurant, was a little noisy- but we were there at 9:00-11:00 on a friday night. Loved the brussels sprouts, but the chips they bring as a sub for a bread basket were really lame. Not worth it! Otherwise, all the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsFabulousNikiDined on 6/24/2014My friends and I absolutely LOVE the happy hour deals here. Great ambience, energetic and friendly staff, and a trendy setting make for a perfect night out! If you're really lucky, you'll have Reece as a your server - who is so fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden treasuresusiegwDined on 6/24/2014The entrance is actually on U Street, next to Subway. Not sure what I would find when I climbed the stairs to the second floor, but what a surprise and a delight! Amazing atmosphere, wonderful ambience, excellent food! Looking forward to my next visit to DC so that I can return here!Special Features:
- Great Service!IvyDinerDined on 6/21/2014Lost Society provided great service from the moment we entered. The hostess was very accommodating to our needs as well as the waiter. We had a group of eight and everyone was impressed with the food, view and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticdcchefDined on 6/18/2014My girlfriend and I were in for dinner and we had a great meal. We dined on a Wednesday night and we did not realize it until we were told by our servers that they had a special wine night and we got a free bottle of wine with a purchase of two entrees which we were going to get regardless so it was a nice surprise/treat. Great food and Great Service.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great TimePegADined on 6/13/2014My friends and I decided to do have a night out and came across Lost Society. Definitely a place I'd go to again. Great ambience. Our waitress was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but nicePointlessVIPDined on 6/7/2014Next time I'm bringing my Bose noise canceling headphones. So I can Enjoy the Brussels sprouts from heaven, the waitress from back home, and the steak (worth a special occasion). Sadly it was like being trapped on the housewives of Atlanta all the shouting and craziness. I would truly suggest private rooms that are soundproofed for the restaurant patrons. You have the best location, concept etc. But the noise suckedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD IN NIGHTCLUB SETTING1KTravelerVIPDined on 6/6/2014This was my second visit to Lost Society and I enjoyed it as much as the first. My friend and I both started with the Ahi tuna and Lobster Quinoa appetizer, which were delicious and well presented. The star of the show was their bistro filet, which was accompanied by roasted brussels sprouts drizzled with a hollendaise sauce. The quality of the filet was outstanding. Lost Society has a nice wine list. Be aware, however, this restaurant is also a nightclub and it gets very loud with large groups. However, the food is excellent and stands on its own. Give this place a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SpecialsrtesmerVIPDined on 6/6/2014Nothing bad to say at all, its about our sixth visit to this local special spot! Our server took great care of us and the drink specials were very unique, flavorful and strong enough! The dinner special was great and huge, had to take half of it home and it made for a great follow up meal the next day! And we topped it off with our favorite bread pudding desert - as in, its nothing like other places nasty stuff - here is a fluffy, high quality very tasty wonderful from bite to bite only to miss it once its gone!Special Features:
- Loved the food...and our waiter!OutofthecityDined on 5/30/2014So, we first arrived and sat for 9 minutes before anyone every came to see us. UGH! The only reason we know this is because we checked in on Foursquare when we sat down. So, just as we were about to leave a waiter asked if we had been helped and felt so bad that he jumped into help. Reese was his name! And his is awesome!! The rest of the night was amazing.... food is delicious. Drinks are strong and yummy! The brussels sprouts are so good!! Creamed spinach was rich and creamy! Great wine list! Our steaks were perfect! And, that damn smore dessert thing with charbroiled marshmallow on top - I could swim in that thing! Holy cow is it good!Special Features:
- Club atmosphere over dinnerRobbyVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food was great, but the servers were slow, bad at taking food orders, we're way to attentive at the beginning and then not good at following up with US after our food arrived. The music was too loud to have any conversation without yelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outGotoSTKDined on 5/23/2014Great food and the waiter was very personable and energetic which made for a good experience. There was a draft by the window but it was tolerable. Food was delicious. Great choice for a date.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner!ChrissyChrisVIPDined on 5/17/2014We dined at Lost Society for an out of town friends birthday. The food was amazing and the drinks were suburb! I love the macaroni and cheese, but the short ribs can be left behind. They were very short on the ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPleyDined on 5/17/2014Lost society is the place to be! The food is amazing, the service is great, everybody I talked to there was very nice and welcome and all for a great price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing to write home aboutcocowirelessVIPDined on 5/10/2014The staff at Lost Society are delightful. Energetic and friendly. They were particularly enthusiastic about the Brussell Sprouts which I found to be soggy and greasy. The "petite steak frites" was well cooked but the frites were sparse and greasy and the accompanying carrots disappointing. The highly-recommended Kale salad was over-dressed and over-raisined (if such a word exists). The table near a TV and the bar was difficult for a party of elders (i.e. over 50 and clearly not the restaurant's demographic) The cocktails, however, were sublime so would recommend as interesting place to have a drink to watch the hustle and bustle of 14th and U Streets.Special Features:
- Dinner with Old FriendSteveDined on 5/6/2014Found this 1000 point table place on Opentable and chose it over many places in Georgetown and Dupont Circle. The reviews were great and I wanted to check out the U-street corridor; Glad I did!! My friend from out of town, who preferred georgetwon really loved this place. That is saying alot because she has high standards. Being from California and living in Tahoe, she loves the water, but this place was really a surprise. Although it doesnt appear that way when you first walk in, the food more than makes up for the simple ambiance. We had the Tuesday dinner for two, and for the price it exceeded expectations. The steak was excellent and the sides very tasty. This is the place for Tuesday nights with buy 1 get second drink free.Special Features:
- Great food, friendly service, but..KTmhVIPDined on 5/6/2014..don't be in a hurry. Service seemed a little overwhelmed. Great views and nice overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, food just okWillVIPDined on 5/3/2014I had heard so many great things about Lost Society for dining that I finally made reservations for my dad's birthday. Unfortunately we were all dissapointed on the actual quality of the food. The place is really nice, has a great scene, very hip and it does have great service. The drinks are phenomenal!! By far some of the best mojitos (passion fruit and regular) that I have had in while. But considering their specialty is steak, it left a lot to be desired. I had the medallions, which were ok, but not great. Do not get the Country Fried Steak, it tasted like it had been boiled it was soggy and was bland! There are still other cuts we did not try, but considering our initial experience, will not be going back to eat, only for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCE!1KTravelerVIPDined on 5/2/2014This was my first visit to Lost Society. I'd classify it as a really good restaurant disguised as a nightclub. Upon reaching the door outside, I was somewhat surprised to encounter a doorman checking ID's. After sitting down for dinner, any concerns went away. My server was delightful and I had her select 3 courses with wine. The first, a rabbit terrine was delicious, followed by a beautiful dry aged filet. It was accompanied by flashed Brussell Sprouts that were crispy and lightly topped with a blue cheese. Finally, dessert was a rich and gooey Smores tart, which was served in a Graham cracker crust. The wine pairings were well selected and I was very impressed. This place gets hopping as a nightclub late night, so be ready.Special Features:
- The following 384 reviews are from the Lost Society - DC reviews archive.
- SK718Dined on 4/26/2014My wife and I decided to check out Lost Society after seeing it on a reality show. Knowing that U Street is a trendy area in DC, we thought it would be nice for a dinner date night spot. The Hostess originally sat us right next to the bar where awaiting parties were hanging out at and we immediately requested a seating change and they quickly accommodated us which we were thankful of! Appetizers looked great but wasn't satisfying and we went with the recommendation of our Waitress for our entrees. The entrees completely made up for the appetizers! We ordered the 18 oz steak and stuff lobster! We are still talking about how good the entrees were! Can't wait to return for an encore of our entrees!Special Features:
- Worse service ever!unattentiveDined on 4/25/2014Not sure what my wife and I did to offend the server, but took close to 30 minutes for him to come take our order while he buzzed around us checking on all the other tables in his section. The food runner was more attentive noticing that we weren't being helped. We finally got served once we flagged the server down like we where in a diner. Then we did not see him again until the check came. They really need to train their servers better because getting served shouldn't be the equivalent of hailing a cab.Special Features:
- Great place, WILL go back!NOVAeatDined on 4/25/2014Great view, great food, friendly service. We will definitely be coming back. Had friends from out of town and they loved it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumAlvin128Dined on 4/18/2014The steaks were delicious and flavorful. The mash potatoes tasted like heaven. I highly recommend this place to everyone who loves meatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great serviceCissyAVIPDined on 4/18/2014Not a long menu, but we like that. Appetizers, salads entrees and desserts were all very good. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great FoodDevinDined on 4/12/2014We usually come here after hours, and were surprised to find that their food was delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potentially good - but inconsistentdoonalucVIPDined on 4/11/2014Our first visit was a delight. The service was great, the food outstanding. This time, not so much. Our waiter kept disappearing and the food was mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.