Lost Society - DC
2001 14th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
U Street Corridor
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lost Society - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lostsociety-dc.com/
- Phone: 2026188868
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday & Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Wednesday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 2:00am
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 3:00am
Sunday: 8pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joseph Evans
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The third floor features a DJ booth where local talent spins a variety of genres.
- Special Events: Lost Society is available to host private events and parties. Email email@example.com for more details.
A word from Lost Society - DC
Perched a top the intersection of 14th and U Streets, Lost Society offers food, drink, and a killer view from its roof deck. The kitchen, run by Executive Chef Joseph Evans, serves up dishes that do justice to the restaurant's qualification as a 'boutique steakhouse.' Steak selections, in addition to other meat, fish, and vegetarian entrée options, render Lost Society an excellent destination for even the pickiest eaters. The bars (there are four) feature wine, beer, and cocktail options that complement a meal, a night on the town, or both.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Lost Society - DC - Best Restaurants in U Street Corridor ›
Lost Society - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (35)hot spot (32)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (22)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (19)romantic (19)scenic view (14)late-night find (11)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- worth a visitsmarcDined on 10/18/2014Shrimp and grits were great, the fried brussel sprouts were tasty but quite salty. Nice wine selection, including a reasonably priced Joseph Carr Cab. Nice atmosphere, but we dined quite early so can't really comment on noise level as restaurant was fairly empty when we arrived. Only complaint was difficulty finding entrance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicemrfixit0025Dined on 10/16/2014My date and I had an enjoyable dinner experience at Lost Society. After catching our show at the Lincoln Theater, we came back here for the rooftop bar, which was fortunately covered because a light drizzle started falling around midnight. I look forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Spot with Great RooftopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014I was new to DC and wanted to try something new for my 27th birthday. Everyone was so nice in accommodating my group of friends and made the dinner go smoothly. Ashley called me to make sure the reservation was correct and was very helpful in setting up the dinner on the rooftop. The food was great and our server Elizabeth was excellent. She was very nice, timely and very efficient. So hard to find in any restaurant nowadays. Loved everything.Special Features:
- Great food and good dealnicknameVIPDined on 10/8/2014We went on Wednesday -- 2 entrees and you get a bottle of wine. Score! Totally will go back. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Dining ExperienceSparkyDined on 10/4/2014Enjoyed dinner with the family and my UMD student! Once we found the door and stairs to the second floor restaurant we were greeted by a pleasant hostess. There is a large bar in middle of the space and floor to ceiling windows overlooking U Street. The menu has some unique items and everyone in my party had a hard time deciding what to order. Standouts were the fillet with Brussels sprouts and the stuffed lobster. The lobster quinoa appetizer was excellent as well. Overall a funky fun spot with delicious food and drinks. Try the Sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Night WednesdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/24/2014Great deal on Wednesdays: order two entrees and get a free bottle of house wine! My swordfish was ok, a little tough. Other than that, I'd definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all-around spotVAdineinDCDined on 9/20/2014Took my wife here for her birthday dinner. What a great find! Food was fantastic as was the service. We had a table by one of the windows so were able to look out at the busy street-life below. One of the best steaks I've had. Also had a really good tomato soup that was lighter than most but full of great taste. We'll go back!Special Features:
- Amazing Servicecjm26VIPDined on 9/19/2014Every time I go to Lost Society I have excellent service. Ask for Reece as your server, and you won't be disappointed. They make the best drinks in town, and the food is amazing.Special Features:
- Surprisingly deliciousFoodMatters2meDined on 9/19/2014Went for dinner on a Fruday night and we were pleasantly surprised at the menu and the food. We had the ceviche, shrimp cocktail, and the bacon wrapped Monk fish with the green bean special. We dined like royalty and everything was timed well in addition to being simply delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!Nor904Dined on 9/16/2014Food is always awesome! We had the Lamb Chops, 20 oz. Ribeye. Even had awesome salads (Who says that?). The ambiance is awesome Loved our waiter!!!Special Features:
- Food great; Mgmt not kind to staffDiningDorsVIPDined on 9/16/2014Owner/Manager needs to learn to scold/train his people in private -out of the public eye. Food was great; we had the dinner special split an amazing steak with perfect roasted brussel sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loyal patronBrunchersAnonymousDined on 9/11/2014I always love going to Lost Society. The food is always great and this visit didn't disappoint. Always a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and even better serviceSnicksVIPDined on 9/10/2014I got a Gilt City voucher and could not the deal. It's not an unreasonable priced restaurant (the deal made it that much sweeter), and I will be going back without one in the near future. And unlike other places we've used vouchers, they treated us like kings. The server was one of the best we've had and we really loved our steaks (and my bf is a serious steak person). My favorite part were the Cesar parm brussel sprouts and the excellent tempernillo wine. Thanks Lost Society!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but lost voicerinnee12Dined on 9/5/2014My monkfish was cooked perfectly and my boyfriends steak was cooked to how he like it. (He is extremely picky when it comes to steak) Service was attentive but not annoying. The down side to this resturant is the nosie level. You have to talk very very loudly over the music. Also the tables are so close together that since everyone was talking louding over the music I could hear the converstaions on either side of me and I am sure they heard ours. I'd would probably not go back in less for some reason I had to sit through a dinner with someone I didn't like. Than I could get good food and blame not talking to them on the music...
- Fantastic Service and FUN!!amazon68ktDined on 8/23/2014Restaurant service mixed with a lively bar scene. Great for a girl's night out. The service was spot on and we weren't rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudHerculesVIPDined on 8/21/2014We went on a Thursday evening and the place had a decent crowd. It was WAY too loud and I found everyone was YELLING at each other. I think I may have some hearing loss after that dinner. We sat at a booth and pulled the curtains but that really didn't make much difference. Then we had a server who would open the curtain to bring food and then walk off! If you found the curtain closed shouldn't you close it back? The food and drinks were FABULOUS! The fried brussel sprouts are delish! We will go back but hopefully it will be WAY less noisy!Special Features:
- Loved it!JulieDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I went to LS for dinner not knowing what to expect. The restaurant was full of energy, we loved the scenic view & vibe. The food was impeccable and our waitress was friendly and provided great service. We definitely plan to dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why we came backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2014Great service goes a long when most people are emotional as they part with their hard earned money. With that said, we came back for Reece! Our waiter was friendly, professional and hilarious! This is the new hang spot. -Jonas great bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, overpriced,tastelessDinningDivaDined on 8/8/2014So loud we had to yell at each other, waitress was nice but not attentive, drinks were watered down, the food looked good on the plate but the portions were small for $20-30 entree and then were not well seasoned sand bland
- stake is overatedMkanaDined on 8/2/2014They call themselves a boutique stake house but it wasn't better than the stakes I make at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think the food was overpricedJakmanDined on 8/2/2014Ore meal was good; it is a cool atmosphere, but the price of entrees, particularly as it fashions itself as a steak house, it not at the level of a Mortons or other steakhouses. Please the food or steak is too well done, and it was a la carte style/ It was not worth a 125 restaurant tab sans tip It has a cool atmosphere, etc. . Our server was great and very attentive.Special Features:
- Love it hereMeganVIPDined on 8/1/2014I think Lost Society is a great place to get dinner. The scene is great, service is friendly and the food is wonderful! We will continue to go here!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Lost Society is a great location to meet friends after work or to celebrate a special occasion. Service is excellent, food selections were yummy especially the specials and great drinks. Even though the noise level is energetic, you can still have great table conversations. The quiet corners provide just the right amount of privacy for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and foodQuieterDined on 7/30/2014This was our first time dining at Lost Society. Our waitress, Elizabeth was very nice, knowledeable and friendly. We dined and they had a special Free Wine with two entrees, really good. The rib eye steak was tender and seasoned well. The cajon seasoned t-bone had a little bit of fat around the edges which the chef should have trimmed off a little more. The only down side is that mini cup with a pinch of fries. The restaurant should implement a larger portion of fries with the expensive meal. I feel I could have swallowed the fires down in one gulp that was the only down-side.Special Features:
- Fun vibe, ok food, drinks so-soWLinMDDined on 7/19/2014Four of us had a later dinner at Lost Society on Saturday. The food got mixed reviews: the two steak-eaters were happy with their meals; the two seafood eaters not so much. Cocktails were sub-par. The atmosphere was fun and energetic -- but the food was just not worth the $$$.
- Good value, good steak, hot sceneDCNYEDined on 7/18/2014I had heard great things about the steaks, and not-so-great things about the service. While the steak wasn't the "best in DC" as some have claimed, it was remarkably good considering the final check was about half what you'd expect at a traditional steakhouse. The service was superb, so I guess all the complainers just had bad luck. I got the strip and my wife got the country fried steak. The breading-to-meat ratio on the latter was too high, so stick with the broiler. House wine is also a good value; nothing fancy, but it's nice to have a little wine with dinner without breaking the bank. The covered roofdeck was a really nice place for an early nightcap. The scene there is hip yet relaxed and not too pretentious. Would visit again.Special Features:
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Didn't have high expectations based on other reviews, but our food was prepared perfectly, and the service was good.Special Features:
- Cute little spot!SweetyDimplesDined on 7/5/2014I just to go to law society celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. We were originally supposed to be a large party ended up only being six of us. The hostesses were very gracious and accommodating with all the changes. The service was great. The food was wonderful. Their whole menu, esp the steaks, can rival any high end steakhouse in the city. We definately want to return just to sit out at the fooftop bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Food was good. Unfortunately, with many newer restaurants the staff is not professionally trained in table service ettiquette. Like DO NO stack the dirty dishes ar the table in front of the customer. They should be moved to the serivce areas for this. Despite a full bar, I asked for a Bloody Mary which they only serve on week-ends????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the steak!welovesushiDined on 6/27/2014Really good food. The nightclub half, upstairs of the restaurant, was a little noisy- but we were there at 9:00-11:00 on a friday night. Loved the brussels sprouts, but the chips they bring as a sub for a bread basket were really lame. Not worth it! Otherwise, all the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsFabulousNikiDined on 6/24/2014My friends and I absolutely LOVE the happy hour deals here. Great ambience, energetic and friendly staff, and a trendy setting make for a perfect night out! If you're really lucky, you'll have Reece as a your server - who is so fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 401 reviews are from the Lost Society - DC reviews archive.
- Hidden treasuresusiegwDined on 6/24/2014The entrance is actually on U Street, next to Subway. Not sure what I would find when I climbed the stairs to the second floor, but what a surprise and a delight! Amazing atmosphere, wonderful ambience, excellent food! Looking forward to my next visit to DC so that I can return here!Special Features:
- Great Service!IvyDinerDined on 6/21/2014Lost Society provided great service from the moment we entered. The hostess was very accommodating to our needs as well as the waiter. We had a group of eight and everyone was impressed with the food, view and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticdcchefDined on 6/18/2014My girlfriend and I were in for dinner and we had a great meal. We dined on a Wednesday night and we did not realize it until we were told by our servers that they had a special wine night and we got a free bottle of wine with a purchase of two entrees which we were going to get regardless so it was a nice surprise/treat. Great food and Great Service.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great TimePegADined on 6/13/2014My friends and I decided to do have a night out and came across Lost Society. Definitely a place I'd go to again. Great ambience. Our waitress was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but nicePointlessVIPDined on 6/7/2014Next time I'm bringing my Bose noise canceling headphones. So I can Enjoy the Brussels sprouts from heaven, the waitress from back home, and the steak (worth a special occasion). Sadly it was like being trapped on the housewives of Atlanta all the shouting and craziness. I would truly suggest private rooms that are soundproofed for the restaurant patrons. You have the best location, concept etc. But the noise suckedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD IN NIGHTCLUB SETTING1KTravelerVIPDined on 6/6/2014This was my second visit to Lost Society and I enjoyed it as much as the first. My friend and I both started with the Ahi tuna and Lobster Quinoa appetizer, which were delicious and well presented. The star of the show was their bistro filet, which was accompanied by roasted brussels sprouts drizzled with a hollendaise sauce. The quality of the filet was outstanding. Lost Society has a nice wine list. Be aware, however, this restaurant is also a nightclub and it gets very loud with large groups. However, the food is excellent and stands on its own. Give this place a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SpecialsrtesmerVIPDined on 6/6/2014Nothing bad to say at all, its about our sixth visit to this local special spot! Our server took great care of us and the drink specials were very unique, flavorful and strong enough! The dinner special was great and huge, had to take half of it home and it made for a great follow up meal the next day! And we topped it off with our favorite bread pudding desert - as in, its nothing like other places nasty stuff - here is a fluffy, high quality very tasty wonderful from bite to bite only to miss it once its gone!Special Features:
- Loved the food...and our waiter!OutofthecityDined on 5/30/2014So, we first arrived and sat for 9 minutes before anyone every came to see us. UGH! The only reason we know this is because we checked in on Foursquare when we sat down. So, just as we were about to leave a waiter asked if we had been helped and felt so bad that he jumped into help. Reese was his name! And his is awesome!! The rest of the night was amazing.... food is delicious. Drinks are strong and yummy! The brussels sprouts are so good!! Creamed spinach was rich and creamy! Great wine list! Our steaks were perfect! And, that damn smore dessert thing with charbroiled marshmallow on top - I could swim in that thing! Holy cow is it good!Special Features:
- Club atmosphere over dinnerRobbyVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food was great, but the servers were slow, bad at taking food orders, we're way to attentive at the beginning and then not good at following up with US after our food arrived. The music was too loud to have any conversation without yelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.