Lost Lake Lodge
7965 Lost Lake Rd.
Lake Shore, MN 56472Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Lost Lake Lodge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lostlake.com/
- Phone: (218) 963-2681
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 8:00am - 10:00am, Sunday: 8:00am - Noon
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bob Stenerson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Vocalists and small chamber music ensembles perform for dinner guests on summer weekends. Call ahead to learn about up-coming entertainment.
- Special Events: Lost Lake Lodge offers private dining space for your special events. Call Lori to schedule a private party in one of our three available dining rooms.
A word from Lost Lake Lodge
Lost Lake Lodge offers fresh, inventive cuisine in a charming up-north setting. Dock space is available to those who wish to arrive by boat. Overlooking the Gull Lake Narrows and our own, private Lost Lake, the dining rooms showcase beautiful views of woods, water and wildlife. Our dinner menu features four, five, or six-course options, as well as ala carte selections. Dinner guests enjoy our complimentary bread basket, which features four made-from-scratch breads that change daily. Our popular Wine Pairing option allows guests to sample a glass of wine with each course of their meal. With over 150 selections, our wine list focuses on highly-rated California producers as well as an eclectic mix of international value wines. Lost Lake Lodge offers a family-friendly dining area along with a three-course children's dinner menu. Our intimate Bistro dining room caters to couples and small adult parties. Guests may opt to dine al fresco on our lovely, shaded patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Lost Lake Lodge - Best Restaurants in Lake Shore ›
Lost Lake Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (20)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (15)special occasion (14)romantic (10)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Great Evening!BrockoDined on 9/27/2014We participated in the season close event and it was a great evening. Lot's of fun and delicious food. The bottomless wine glass was a great offering as well. We will definately do that again!Special Features:
- Northwoods DelightbradyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Beautiful, quiet setting on Gull Lake. Excellent, attentive service. Ambitious local-source menu. Starters, soup and salad were excellent. Entrees were limited. A full house on Saturday evening but the kitchen behind - main entree of venison was served at room temperature; walleye was over cooked and dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in Northern MinnesotaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Once again, our dinner at Lost Lake Lodge was one of the best we've ever eaten anywhere. The 4-course dinner was a delight, especially the Starters. The entrees seemed to be individually and lovingly prepared - absolutely delicious. If only the lodge were a little nearer our summer cabin.Special Features:
- Amazing foodAmysDined on 9/17/2014What a surprising gem in the north woods! The food was amazing, really good wine list and the appetizer list was nothing short of fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a small quaint placeDrTomDined on 8/31/2014We had a party of 4 for dinner on a Sunday night and everyone enjoyed the meal. My wife and I had the local mushroom pasta and the others had a steak and salmon entree. The view over the water is great and you can see the sunset. I give this meal an A.Special Features:
- Very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We decided to try this restaurant from the recommendations of friends. We have recently moved back into the area from a larger metro area and had some experience with high-end restaurants. We were not disappointed. There was a slight delay in getting served after we were seated, but they were at near capacity with a weekend crowd. Once things started rolling however, the rest of the evening went very smooth. Our server was pleasant, knowlegable with a nice sense of humor. The food was wonderful, adequate portions without overloading the plate. The wine parings were spot on and we even received complimentary flutes of champagne once the chef was aware it was an anniversary dinner. Absolutely worth a return trip.Special Features:
- broiled walleyeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Good but could have used more seasoning both on the walleye and in the sauceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as it used to beDisappointedDined on 8/17/2014We were very disappointed in the changes that have occured with the change of the chef. The cheese plate was pathetic, my sister's steak was under cooked- sent it back & then came out burnt, not to mention it was then served with cold sides. The rest of our food 4 out of 5 plates were nothing wowing. 3 dishes had missing ingredients, that were then brougjt out after the dishes were eaten.. Unreal! We could tell our waitress did not want to wait on our table. Why? Probably because we were having a hard time deciding what we wanted and asked her to come back twice as we didnt want to be rushed. We have been gone to Lost Lake Lodge for 4 years, had awesome food, service & experience. This year it all fell flat. we won't be returning.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening...kimkayDined on 8/15/2014The service was outstanding and the food was delicious. We had a nice bottle of wine from their well rounded wine list. It was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening!SChuVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great walleye, and dessert of berry tart was wonderful. Our second time at Lost Lake Lodge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small lake place w/ AMAZING FOOD!DiningoutmuchDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I took our 2 college aged kids and our 14 yr old here for a nice dinner before everyone went back to school. We have a lake place in the area but had never tried this restaurant. A little awkward at first. We were the only table at first (6:00 on Sunday night...understandable). Very old school cabin feeling but also very quaint. We had a gorgeous lake view (tiny lake). The food was simply amazing and they were very accommodating with a few special requests. I had the salmon over risotto (special request on risotto). DELICIOUS. My husband had the pork chop (super snobby eater...sorry hun) LOVED IT. We had a pastry-type appetizer that was melt in mouth...yum. Recommend highly.Special Features:
- Overpriced and inconsistentDannyobrien3Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I ordered the same thing: Steak, medium. My steak was rare (red & bleeding) and my wife's was well done (no pink). Our server also took my wife's dinner plate that was over half full of food without asking if she was finished. Seemed like they were trying to rush us out of the restaurant. Very unpleasant experience. The service was stuffy. The good was not worth the money and the over all ambience was that of an Old Country Buffet. I would not recommend Lost Lake Lodge to anyone, ever.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2014We've been here a few times before, and food is always good. Service has been a touch slow in the past, but we'd heard that it had gotten worse. Not that the staff aren't good or friendly, they are, it just seems that they can't keep up. I asked our server, and got the vibe that they were very backed up after we got apps, so we decided to leave, it was our anniversary after all. Didn't want to have a very frustrating evening, and I could see the frustrated looks on many of the other people that had been there longer than us. They may need to hire more staff, and if you go now, I'd suggest being early before the backlog begins.
- Great view!FoodloverDined on 8/9/2014We had a nice lunch, but it would have been better if there were more options than just sandwiches. We loved the Rose wine we had and the cheese and charcuterie starter.Special Features:
- So disappointedEatB4YouGoDined on 8/1/2014We have been enjoying Lost Lake Lodge for about 6 years. Due to the quality and portion size of our meals, it is unlikely we will ever be back. We have been bragging about your restaurant to our friends, who we treated on August 1st. I was embarrassed!!! Two of us had the 4 course meals and 2 with the wine pairing - we left hungry. My pork chop was raw after I specifically asked for it well done. And no, I did not send it back - at that point in time, we just wanted the whole evening over with. Dropping $300 for dinner may not be much for some people, but it is for us. If the meal is good, I don't mind spending that much, but when we wished there was a Jimmy Johns to deliver food quickly, it is just unacceptable.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014The nostalgia of Lost Lake Lodge coupled with fabulous food makes this place very special. The ambiance sends you back to a MN up north resort you went to as a kid and brings back many of those memories - complete with the creaky screen door on the porch entrance. The food is as good as anything in the Twin Cities and I go to them all frequently. Last Saturday we had the pork and the pasta. Best pork chop I have had in recent memory, and the pasta was simply delicious. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014I booked a reservation on open table, and in the comments section, mentioned that this was a 27th anniversary celebration. No mention was made when we arrived, and we were sat in a far corner table. The server was very average, and the restaurant was not at all charming or what I expected for a lodge restaurant. The food was delicious, which saved the evening.Special Features:
- The following 73 reviews are from the Lost Lake Lodge reviews archive.
- Expensive, yet fantastic.SupermanDined on 7/13/2014Took a very good female companion for a fantastic experience. A true gem of a property. The prices were pretty high, but we new that going in. Two people eating four course meals (one with wine) equaled $165 including tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up north gemMimosaDined on 7/11/2014Loved the place Great food and ambience Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hrd2pleaseDined on 7/10/2014Excellent food and great service! A bit on the pricey side, but extremely enjoyable. We'll be back when we save enough to cover the cost of this exceptional experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every 5 yearsBloomerDined on 7/8/2014Lost Lake is really quaint. It is a venue you would go on a romantic date for two. They simply can not handle large groups at all. Really nice people, but way out of their league in terms of service. The food is really good, but portions are extremely tiny and expensive for what you get. If you want to go on a nice date, grab a drink and have a small nice meal with great surroundings, this is your place. We went as a group of 12 for my birthday, and it was 40 minutes before we even got a cocktail. We were there 5 years ago and had a similar experience. Cool place, every 5 years, but go as a couple, not as a group.Special Features:
- total disasterbob1Dined on 7/5/2014The food was overcooked, the fish was burned on the bottom and had a mushy consistency, the service was inconsistent. very disappointing, we had the same experience last fall and we will not be coming back.
- unique restaurantBethDined on 6/28/2014Set back in the woods on a quiet lake, this is a nice place to visit in summer. Food was exceptionally good for this area, especially the entrees. The service was attentive and friendly. We would have rated it a 5 except for the "Heirloom" salad which had some ordinary greens and veggies dressed with an overpoweringly vinegary dressing.Special Features:
- Nice anniversary dinnerSChuVIPDined on 6/24/2014We booked with Open table dinner for our anniversary, we had read a few negetive reviews, but decided to give it a try. We were pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the 6 course Chef's creation special. it is where you tell the server what you like and don't like or any known food allergy. Our meal was interesting and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!ILUVLUCIEDined on 6/24/2014Having travelled the world, we have found this to be one of the best places for delicious food and great service. The only complaint would be is that there are wooden chairs and they are not very comfortable for extended dining. However, the cuisine is highly creative, the ingredients are the freshest available, and the wait staff are extremely attentive. It is well worth the drive to seek out this hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- June Birthday DinnerRussMNDined on 6/24/2014We had a great meal at Lost Lake Lodge. This was our family's June birthday outing so we had our adult children and our grandchildren at the dinner. Given the wide range of ages I was concerned about the menu. The grandkid’s meals were healthy and well balanced. Our meals were very tasty and well proportioned. The server was very knowledgeable and the deserts were great. No one had any complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Excellent food, great service, and quaint setting. Among the best restaurants in the Brainerd lakes area!Special Features:
- Does not live up to the reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014Made reservations at this restaurant based on a recommendation and the reviews from previous dinners. Very disappointed as the food was only fair and portion sizes were small. I had the walleye and I'm pretty sure the bait used to catch it was almost as large my portion. Very nice place, fair service, but the food can use some improvement.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/13/2014This restaurant has always been a favorite - until this year. Overpriced, small entrees. Salads came without the ingredients listed on the menu, and we were told that there would be a $5.00 "sharing" fee for the $10.00 already-too-small salad. The vegetarian option on the menu was apparently a secret, as we were told that "Chef" would decide after you ordered. This was true for the 6 course tasting option as well. Overall, the salads, entrees and desserts were disappointing. It seems that Lost Lake Lodge and it's Chef are a little too impressed with themselves this season, which is a shame for the loyal patrons who have been enjoying this restaurant for so long.
- Kristibahnemann.comKristiDined on 5/31/2014I am very unhappy with my experience tonight!!!! They called at 5:30 and said the ONLY open time was 6:30 and 8:30pm. We unfortunately Went at 6:30... But 6-8 tables were open from 6:30-8:30pm. The owner was EXTREMELY upset with my verbal comment of few words. The charging of corkage, the disappearance of our wine, the 2 oysters served in tasting menu ( the waitress said 6). The mr Meal was a disaster...we will not go back!!! Tim was a better owner byn a long shot!!! He was a much better liaison than you were.
- Area visitorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Really enjoyed the evening. I thought the food was amazing and unique. I will definitely come again and I will tell my friends who also visit the area to make your restaurant a priority to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chefs tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/26/2014I thought the chefs tasting menu was lacking expression. The dinner menu items were more interesting. Wait staff needed to be more efficient, the space between courses was lengthy and I expected a bit more refinement in regards to table service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I let our server know thatkathDined on 9/26/2013I let our server know that I had some food allergies so she must have taken note on that but the entrée I order wasn't good with out the gravy that was suppose to go on it. If she would have let me know in the first place that what I had choose had cream in it I would have never ordered that dish. It really wasn't good at all.
- Too much awesomeChuckDined on 9/20/2013Such a beautiful location, such awesome food, and great people! Only possible downside is the portions.... Too much awesome food!!!!! Smaller portions easily would suffice. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was superb! Nice menuMikeDined on 9/11/2013Food was superb! Nice menu selection, all enticing...all selected by our party of 4 was excellent. Wine pairings nice touch and well executed. Service was gracious, albeit a young "student" server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not #1 on the eating venueluv2finedineDined on 9/6/2013This restaurant is over rated. Food overpriced for the quality, although the starters were really nice, couldn't say much about the main course. The Iowan pork served on refried beans and a little corn mixed in, very disapointing.Special Features:
- Always a favorite!JavierDined on 8/31/2013The food is unforgettable! We always remember what we had the last time we were there! It's just a great place to get a fabulous meal. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2013We dine here once to twice a year. The food, and restaurant, are just superb - we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time BelieverBirthdaygirlVIPDined on 8/23/2013We went to the Lost Lake Lodge with friends visiting from Texas and they along with my husband and me were wowed. It's great to have this level of dinning in the "north woods". Great that they offer a gluten free menu too. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our 40th wedding anniversarybigbore1Dined on 8/18/2013It was our 40th wedding anniversary, it was a enjoyable evening to spend with each other at open table thank youSpecial Features: