Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
4803 Rio Grande Blvd NW
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, NM 87107Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lospoblanos.com/food-and-dining/
- Phone: 505-338-1615x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 8:00am - 10:00pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American, French
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Perno
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Ventana Room and Patio at the Inn would be an ideal setting for a dinner of up to 16 guests. Fees for booking a private event start at $200, tax and service are additional.
We have our own in house chef and create all of the seasonal, fresh and organic menus. Reception hors d’oeuvres prior to dinner vary depending on actual menu selections, and we require that entrees are pre-selected prior to your event. With advance notice we are happy to accommodate a birthday cake or special dessert for the event.
Please note; outside catering is not permitted at Los Poblanos.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Kinyanjui 5059382182x
A word from Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
Join us at the Historic Inn for dinner featuring our La Merienda menu. Created by Executive Chef Jonathan Perno, this menu features fresh local produce and seasonally inspired flavors. Our full beer and wine list will also be available. Inn guests receive priority reservations, and we can accept outside reservations based on availability. Dinner is served from 5pm -9pm, Wednesday - Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)fit for foodies (57)romantic (57)great for outdoor dining (54)scenic view (52)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (23)great for brunch (7)good for groups (7)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/17/2014definite repeat, would never have found it without open table...Special Features:
- Perfect patio diningEvanVIPDined on 9/13/2014We hit this place on a perfect evening, no wind, perfect temperature. We sat on the patio and had the most serene dining experience in a long time. It was noisier in the dining room, what with a screaming baby and all. So that would have taken an edge off the experience. But the food was terrific, we loved our server's calm demeanor and would recommend this place in a heartbeat. Just try to go on a night when patio dining is a viable option.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Dining at Los Poblanos provided the personal attention (from staff) and privacy of in-home dining with the high level of service and atmosphere of a high end establishment. At Los Poblanos, you're special! The use of organic and local food showed creativity and imagination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Outstanding service, scenic surroundings, awesome food!!Special Features:
- An ABQ Gem!DonnaCVIPDined on 9/10/2014My husband and I enjoyed à wonderful meal that was a great way to celebrate at the end a meaningful vacation in Albuquerque. The food was so well prepared and beautifully presented. The staff were knowledgeable, gracious and good humored. The setting has such a classy, yet warm and genuinely welcoming feel. The grounds of the working farm are an added treat !-- And I am certainly adding a stay at the Los Poblanos Inn to my travel wish list.... My favorite dish of the evening was the fig crostini appetizer... This is how figs will taste in heaven! -- We had a such a great evening and eagerly anticipate out next visit to Los Poblanos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit, won't be the lastMidwest89Dined on 9/6/2014We started with the cheese tray which was delicious - I think we saw one at every other table as well. In keeping with New Mexico tradition, their green chili sauce cheese pairing was fantastic. We tried the watermelon salad, which had mint and chimichurri among other flavors, and loved it. For entrees, we had the evening's special halibut cakes in lemon and the homemade pasta. The common sentiment through the meal was that fresh makes all the difference. Both the sun-dried and grape tomatoes provided sensational flavor in the pasta. The halibut was well done, but not jaw dropping. For dessert we tried blueberry and plum tart, which delivered a split opinion of 'OK' and 'Very Good'.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014Really enjoyed the Farm & Wine dinner, not only did we enjoy great food and drinks we also got to meet a lot of interesting like-minded foodies.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014La Merienda is an intimate spot, with a relaxed and cozy atmosphere. The service was friendly and attentive and the cuisine was excellent. All of the ingredients were fresh, well-seasoned and well prepared. The rib eye was tender and the chicken roulade moist and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExtraordinaryKayKDined on 9/5/2014This was one of the most beautiful restaurants I've been in in a long time. I will definitely come back here, the food was fabulous, the atmosphere was beautiful, the service was superb! Yes I will be backSpecial Features:
- Peacocks and LavenderOenophilia127Dined on 9/4/2014Creative, delicious food on the grounds of an historic hacienda now an organic farm with resident peacocks and fields of lavender. Dining is indoors or out and if you're in the neighborhood check out amazing breakfast specials!Special Features:
- Best food in AlbuquerqueJLFKDined on 8/29/2014Good food really tastes differently. I was reminded of this each time u took a bite of my meal. Each item on the plate was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingkandjVIPDined on 8/28/2014We adore Los Poblanos, and try to eat here at least once every time we visit New Mexico. Were really looking forward to the summer menu. Appetizers were fantastic, service always superior, knowledgeable and professional but the main courses were much too heavy for summer (rib eye and pork chop) and not cooked well -- which was a shock. Pork was dry and over-cooked and the rib eye came out red through when it was supposed to be medium rare. We ate early, so they were not that busy yet, but we won't be rushing back again next time we're in town. Just not up to par at all. Sad.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningBirthdayDined on 8/23/2014Highly recommend Los Pablanos for dinner. If you have never been there before suggest you arrive a little early to wander the grounds and find the door to the restaurant. Dinner was excellent, except they served our side a little late.Special Features:
- liketoeatsushiVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our first and we are hoping not our last dining experience at this quiet and remote place to eat, meet with friends for a nice dinner or even a romantic dinner for two. The watermelon salad and the crostini with figs and brie was delicious and a wonderful way to start our meal. Our entrees were the special fish, halibut and my husband had the Chicken, now his favorite way to have chicken prepared because it was so tender and very tasty. We did have dessert the Chocolate torte and the Blueberry tart with buttermilk lemon ice cream. Yes, we each sampled every item ordered so we could share the experience and it was worth it. Thank-you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable ExperienceMichaelDined on 8/20/2014We loved our dinner at Los Poblanos in every way. The short walk around the incredible grounds prior to entering the dining area provided a marvelous introduction to what would follow. Each dish was superbly prepared with care, love, and attention incorporating the finest and freshest ingredients available. My wife and I enjoy sharing dishes and our soup and entree were both presented on separate plates as though they were full orders. We also ordered 3 sides because they sounded so wonderful and they were. One note, the sides are very generous portions so we ended up taking some home to enjoy the next day.Special Features:
- Great food, shaky servicercurtismVIPDined on 8/16/2014I've been wanting to come here for ages, and wasn't at all disappointed - the setting is every bit as beautiful as you might imagine, and the food was excellent across the board - chilled corn soup, watermelon salad, pork belly, and a king salmon special were all superb, desserts a little less impressive. Unfortunately, our server didn't quite ruin the evening but certainly put a damper on it - she brought me the wrong cocktail and tried to argue with me when I pointed it out, ignored our request for some additional salt for the table, forgot about our wine order, and presented a bill with a charge for two bottles of wine when we only had one. Everyone is new on the job at some point, but this was a few too many mistakes for one meal.Special Features:
- AmazingjegnmDined on 8/15/2014This was one of the most flavorful dinners we have eaten. Every flavor of each farm fresh food was sublime, not masked by overly spiced or heavy sauces. We had the watermelon salad, chilled corn soup and cheese platter for appetizers. Each was delicious. Dinners were smoked pork belly, chicken roulade and the specials of three meat ravioli with pecorino sauce and red flannel hash, beets and potatoes with smoked cod topped with an egg. We can't say enough about the mélange of flavors that sparkled in each dish. The wine list is not extensive but there is a good variety. Dessert was the forest torte which lasted only seconds. Sitting on the covered patio in the rain actually made the evening perfectSpecial Features:
- WonderfulNMNativeDined on 8/13/2014Great location, great food. A bit pricey, but only a little.Special Features:
- Excellent foodFortWorthDined on 8/1/2014We had a wonderful dinner and breakfast on the patio. Food is fresh with seasonal offerings. Staff is very knowledgable about the menu and specialsSpecial Features:
- Beautiful diningGrossinmVIPDined on 7/31/2014Everything set in front of you is prepared with an incredible attention to detail. Made from what appears to fruits and vegetables pulled from the garden out front. Just another perfect dinner at Los Poblanos.Special Features:
- Amazing on all Levels!nmfoodie27Dined on 7/30/2014As a first timer at Los Poblanos, I fell in love with the property, the products, and the food. Absolutely beautiful. The staff was amicable and friendly. I am now a customer for life at the store and La Merienda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodrosyrunsDined on 7/30/2014I went for the Marble Brewery beer pairing dinner, 4 excellent courses with 7 beers. Highlights for me were the excellent pork belly, plus the candied pink peppercorns that elevated the beet salad; among the beers the double white and the barley wine stood out. Glad I sat outside, where I got to watch peacocks patrol the garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dining experienceBjbout2eatDined on 7/23/2014What a quaint and lovely dining experience. Charming ambiance, freindly wait staff, beautiful grounds to wander around before or after dining. Small but delicious menu, perfect for foodies. Not great for large parties because the kitchen is quite small. Will definitely return next time I visit Albuquerque.Special Features:
- Tasty!J505Dined on 7/18/2014The food here is amazing. I love eating in a restaurant where the food consistently exceeds my expectations. The menu changes seasonally with the local harvest so every time we go it is a whole new menu of delights to choose from. The wait staff is always friendly, helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can not wait to return!LuckyDined on 7/12/2014The setting is unmatched. If you have time explore the grounds. The menu is not extensive but everything the four of us ordered was delicious. The service was just right friendly but not intrusive. It is perfect for a special occasion or a lovely dinner out. We look forward to our next visit as the menu changes seasonaly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We had our daughter's wedding at Los Poblanos in 2012, and we had an anniversary dinner last year as well. It is is great venue and brings back all the wedding memories we had for them. We had the same serveral last year as well. thank you. bill DolanSpecial Features:
- wonderful settingbillDined on 7/3/2014the setting is lovely, however the flies are unbearable, interfering with overall enjoyment. the patio furniture chairs are rickety and uncomfortable. the menu is very limited and may not appeal tp meat and potatoes people. not inexpensive.Special Features:
- Dining in a beautiful rural settingAlamedaDined on 7/3/2014Food is excellent as is the presentation. The wait staff is informed but not obsequious. One might say that the dining can be characterized as understated elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Intimate. Delectable. Ambience. Only drawback is slightly noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulcorgisrusDined on 6/21/2014We had a most enjoyable evening and the food was great. We did eat outside facing the mountains. the view was great but then the flies showed up with our food and we found ourselves doing lots of swatting of flies. I would go back again, in fact I will be dining there this next weekend but I will be asking for an indoor table. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- A true gemjsbachDined on 6/21/2014Imaginative and delicious food, attentive and pleasant wait staff, gorgeous scenic views ... Albuquerque dining doesn't get better than this!Special Features:
- wonderful eveningabqmamaDined on 6/19/2014Los Poblanos is a gem, wonderful, carefully prepared foods and a delightful ambiance (although I do prefer the patio over the dining room). I treated myself to dinner here and it was all I had hoped. The portion sizes are not large, you should savor each mouthful- it was delicious. Service was warm and right-on-spot. A lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Spectacularolive11Dined on 6/14/2014Our dinner at Los Poblanos was one of the best I've ever had. I can't say enough about the beautiful setting, the service, and the food. It was special. I found myself eating especially slowly in order to savor every bite of my meal. From the cheese plate, though my entree, and onto the dessert, it was flawless. The wine, which was from New Mexico, only added to the experience. Our stay and our dinner at Los Poblanos topped off a very enjoyable week in New Mexico. Thank you Los Poblanos!Special Features:
- Summertime Dinner BreakDinerGDined on 6/13/2014Dinner was delicious- with totally different cuisine! The ability to walk around the grounds - enjoy the flowers, peacocks & soft summer shower while dining outside was outstanding. Have enjoyed winter dining as well with a seasonally appropriate ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticawakeeaterDined on 6/7/2014What I like about the La Merienda dinners at Los Poblanos is the food is so fresh and thoughtfully prepared, the service is absolutely outstanding- so friendly and totally unpretentious and the setting is supremely lovely. There's no place in Albuquerque or the region that compares, in my opinion. The LP kitchen is unusually vegetarian friendly which I appreciate very much and they are able to depart from the usual non-meat offerings and ingredients with the menu changing frequently. It feels like a family place with elegance and even after several visits, I am wowed by the experience. I appreciate the commitment to source local and they craft food in ways that highlight the strength of the flavors without burying them.Special Features:
- Don't Miss Los PoblanosMrRafDined on 6/6/2014Beautiful Place, Great Food and Atmosphere! Well worth the experience. We ate outside on covered patio there--very pleasant. It cooled off nicely after 7PM or so (temp in ABQ that day reached the 90s) Food was delicious. Entree's a bit salty (a blackened cod and a halibut special) and service a bit slow, but not a major distraction. Will definitely return. Not inexpensive, but this is a premium venue, not a fast food outlet. Can't beat the environment and creative food choices, complete with peacocks running around.Special Features:
- Fabulous food & serviceDeniseEDined on 5/24/2014It didn't feel like we were in Albuquerque anymore. Three of us showed early for our dinner and sat on the patio with cocktails and the artisan plate which was wonderful. There were two peacocks nearby...Alfred (we were told his name) who was pure white but apparently not albino. You could walk right up to him and take his picture! The rest of our party arrived and we were seated. I love the farm to table organic type of restaurant. The service was top notch, friendly and attentive. The pasta dishes most of us had were fantastic and I heard very good things about the chicken too. Finally, the poe de creme was out of this world. thankfully I ordered my own so I didn't have to share. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/23/2014The setting is very quaint and the food is fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 139 reviews are from the Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm reviews archive.
- Always a special evening ...kandjVIPDined on 5/22/2014On our "must dine at" list every time we are in New Mexico to see what the brilliant Chef here is up to. Delightful, complex flavors, unexpected and never silly, the setting outside on the patio, with flowering rose bushes and wandering peacocks, the purple/pink hued Sandias in the background, it's all nothing less than magical. Go early, shop the store.Special Features:
- Great food at great expensehungerpangDined on 5/22/2014Beautiful grounds and ambiance.....small tables closely placed make privacy difficult.....great service, though was there on Thurs night when not so busy......very knowledgable and friendly waitress.....beautifully sculptured, interesting, and delicious food with adequate portions.....be prepared for expensive, but no resentment here as was a great total meal experience befitting an occasion such as our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.