Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
4803 Rio Grande Blvd NW
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, NM 87107Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lospoblanos.com/food-and-dining/
- Phone: 5033381615
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 8:00am - 10:00pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American, French
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Perno
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Ventana Room and Patio at the Inn would be an ideal setting for a dinner of up to 16 guests. Fees for booking a private event start at $200, tax and service are additional.
We have our own in house chef and create all of the seasonal, fresh and organic menus. Reception hors d’oeuvres prior to dinner vary depending on actual menu selections, and we require that entrees are pre-selected prior to your event. With advance notice we are happy to accommodate a birthday cake or special dessert for the event.
Please note; outside catering is not permitted at Los Poblanos.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Kinyanjui 5059382182
A word from Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
Join us at the Historic Inn for dinner featuring our La Merienda menu. Created by Executive Chef Jonathan Perno, this menu features fresh local produce and seasonally inspired flavors. Our full beer and wine list will also be available. Inn guests receive priority reservations, and we can accept outside reservations based on availability. Dinner is served from 5pm -9pm, Wednesday - Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)special occasion (62)great for outdoor dining (59)romantic (55)scenic view (46)neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (26)good for groups (10)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Fresh flavors and friendly faces.MAJlDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I enjoyed our first anniversary at la merienda. We were greeted warmly and the evening was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the Duke City's Best!bayareatransplantDined on 10/12/2014We tried Los Poblanos last night for my wife's birthday. Located in an historic country inn, the restaurant signage is minimal, making it difficult for first time diners to locate. Once inside, the small dining room is charming. The views to the outside patio (with its resident peacocks) and the distant Sandia mountains add to the experience. The server quickly came to our table to explain the evening's specials. We started with a refreshing lavender bellini. The watermelon salad proved a nice mix of textures and flavors. As entrees, I had the smoked pork belly & my wife had the chicken roulade. Both were outstanding. Wine selection was adequate, but the wine glasses were too small. Overall, a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our special nightLisabeDined on 10/11/2014We were in Albuquerque to celebrate our 40th anniversary and picked Los Poblanos for our special night. Everything was wonderful. Their menu is not huge but they is something for everyone's taste. We started with the Seasonal Crostini-Cherve and figs from the farm-perfect. My husband had the Rib Eye and I had the evening special-Salmon with celery root prepared two ways. Ended with the Pot de Creme with Lavendar Shortbread coolkies. Because the restaurant is part of the Inn-there are children dining. Which is not a problem unless you are looking for a romantic evening. We did stay at the Inn and got to experience 3 amazing breakfasts also.Special Features:
- GourmetFloridafoodieDined on 10/11/2014Food was excellent. We had the steak, pork belly and the salmon entrees. Each meal was special. The lemon tart was good too. We were served promptly. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!JenniferHDined on 10/11/2014I stayed at Los Poblanos for two weeks and had the pleasure of dining with them daily for breakfast and on many evenings for dinner. The food is sumptuous and the service is WONDERFUL. I can't speak highly enough of the staff. The setting is homey and cozy. I could have ventured into town every night but found myself returning again and again. I count the days until my next trip down!Special Features:
- Consistently amazingJLFKDined on 10/11/2014Another delightful experience at one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Cozy Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014I took my parents, who were visiting during balloon fiesta, to dinner at Los Poblanos. It was also my first time, and I can say that it was very enjoyable. After looking at their menu online, I was worried that there wasn't enough of a selection for my parents to choose from. But, I found that it was one of the highlights of the dinner-I felt like the smaller selection was done extremely well. The dining room was not very big so a reservation is highly recommended. The only complaint was that the server took a long time to get back to us--seemed like the priority was the guests who were staying at the inn, which were dining in the rooms next to ours. Also, it was very hard to find the restaurant, so better signs leading to it.Special Features:
- What a wonderful getaway!JimsCrewVIPDined on 10/9/2014We loved everything about our experience at Los Poblanos. It is obvious that everyone there works very hard to make it so relaxing and appear effortless. Molly is warm and friendly. We appreciate her reaching out to us earlier in the day to confirm that we would be there. Benjamin was attentive without being bothersome. He understood what we wanted to make us happy. And, the locally sourced food was delicious. It just could not have been a better evening. Next time we'll plan to stay at the Inn as well. Thank you everybody.Special Features:
- Good but...ire21Dined on 10/7/2014We had dinner few nights ago and had great expectations. The place is beautiful no doubt but there were no lights or decent signs to guide you to the restaurant. The tables, wine glasses, napkins and service were definitely not those of a fine restaurant. Yes, it is a farm but the food prices should be in accordance to the quality of the experience. Large wine menu, food menu quite limited and specials were gone since our table was booked at 8pm. We were disappointed by how few starters and main courses were available to choose from. There were no original items or combinations that we found exciting. Pork belly was disappointing, fat overpowered the flavor of the meat. My vegetarian entree was great but overpriced. Desserts were the best.Special Features:
- onceawaitressDined on 10/6/2014Such a wonderful and special night. The food and service were amazing. It really did feel like a get-a-way and we only drove across town. Highly recommended and certainly worth the value.Special Features:
- A Treasure in Our MidstOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We always love Los Poblanos with its casual elegance and incredible food options. Both my husband and I consider it to be the best restaurant in town. We have loved everything we've ever ordered. Flavors are always well balanced and delicate. We also love the intimacy of the setting.Special Features:
- excellentsouthportDined on 10/2/2014we had the cheese platter for appetizer and then the rib eye and gnocchi with smoked salmon as entrees. The salmon in gnocchi was ok, the rib eye steak was very good. Then the chocolate dessert was excellent too.Special Features:
- excellent food! not so excellent...ArtieChokeDined on 10/2/2014The food was outstanding, three of us had chicken and another had the gnocchi. Seriously, I never knew chicken could taste so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTampaSunflowerDined on 9/25/2014Brought a group of colleagues for dinner. Benjamin, our waiter, was entertaining and provided stellar service from start to finish. The food quality was exceptional. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TwoLeesDined on 9/17/2014definite repeat, would never have found it without open table...Special Features:
- Perfect patio diningEvanVIPDined on 9/13/2014We hit this place on a perfect evening, no wind, perfect temperature. We sat on the patio and had the most serene dining experience in a long time. It was noisier in the dining room, what with a screaming baby and all. So that would have taken an edge off the experience. But the food was terrific, we loved our server's calm demeanor and would recommend this place in a heartbeat. Just try to go on a night when patio dining is a viable option.I would recommend this to a friend.
- metoDined on 9/12/2014Dining at Los Poblanos provided the personal attention (from staff) and privacy of in-home dining with the high level of service and atmosphere of a high end establishment. At Los Poblanos, you're special! The use of organic and local food showed creativity and imagination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Outstanding service, scenic surroundings, awesome food!!Special Features:
- An ABQ Gem!DonnaCVIPDined on 9/10/2014My husband and I enjoyed à wonderful meal that was a great way to celebrate at the end a meaningful vacation in Albuquerque. The food was so well prepared and beautifully presented. The staff were knowledgeable, gracious and good humored. The setting has such a classy, yet warm and genuinely welcoming feel. The grounds of the working farm are an added treat !-- And I am certainly adding a stay at the Los Poblanos Inn to my travel wish list.... My favorite dish of the evening was the fig crostini appetizer... This is how figs will taste in heaven! -- We had a such a great evening and eagerly anticipate out next visit to Los Poblanos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit, won't be the lastMidwest89Dined on 9/6/2014We started with the cheese tray which was delicious - I think we saw one at every other table as well. In keeping with New Mexico tradition, their green chili sauce cheese pairing was fantastic. We tried the watermelon salad, which had mint and chimichurri among other flavors, and loved it. For entrees, we had the evening's special halibut cakes in lemon and the homemade pasta. The common sentiment through the meal was that fresh makes all the difference. Both the sun-dried and grape tomatoes provided sensational flavor in the pasta. The halibut was well done, but not jaw dropping. For dessert we tried blueberry and plum tart, which delivered a split opinion of 'OK' and 'Very Good'.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014Really enjoyed the Farm & Wine dinner, not only did we enjoy great food and drinks we also got to meet a lot of interesting like-minded foodies.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014La Merienda is an intimate spot, with a relaxed and cozy atmosphere. The service was friendly and attentive and the cuisine was excellent. All of the ingredients were fresh, well-seasoned and well prepared. The rib eye was tender and the chicken roulade moist and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExtraordinaryKayKDined on 9/5/2014This was one of the most beautiful restaurants I've been in in a long time. I will definitely come back here, the food was fabulous, the atmosphere was beautiful, the service was superb! Yes I will be backSpecial Features:
- Peacocks and LavenderOenophilia127Dined on 9/4/2014Creative, delicious food on the grounds of an historic hacienda now an organic farm with resident peacocks and fields of lavender. Dining is indoors or out and if you're in the neighborhood check out amazing breakfast specials!Special Features:
- Best food in AlbuquerqueJLFKDined on 8/29/2014Good food really tastes differently. I was reminded of this each time u took a bite of my meal. Each item on the plate was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingkandjVIPDined on 8/28/2014We adore Los Poblanos, and try to eat here at least once every time we visit New Mexico. Were really looking forward to the summer menu. Appetizers were fantastic, service always superior, knowledgeable and professional but the main courses were much too heavy for summer (rib eye and pork chop) and not cooked well -- which was a shock. Pork was dry and over-cooked and the rib eye came out red through when it was supposed to be medium rare. We ate early, so they were not that busy yet, but we won't be rushing back again next time we're in town. Just not up to par at all. Sad.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningBirthdayDined on 8/23/2014Highly recommend Los Pablanos for dinner. If you have never been there before suggest you arrive a little early to wander the grounds and find the door to the restaurant. Dinner was excellent, except they served our side a little late.Special Features:
- liketoeatsushiVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our first and we are hoping not our last dining experience at this quiet and remote place to eat, meet with friends for a nice dinner or even a romantic dinner for two. The watermelon salad and the crostini with figs and brie was delicious and a wonderful way to start our meal. Our entrees were the special fish, halibut and my husband had the Chicken, now his favorite way to have chicken prepared because it was so tender and very tasty. We did have dessert the Chocolate torte and the Blueberry tart with buttermilk lemon ice cream. Yes, we each sampled every item ordered so we could share the experience and it was worth it. Thank-you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable ExperienceMichaelDined on 8/20/2014We loved our dinner at Los Poblanos in every way. The short walk around the incredible grounds prior to entering the dining area provided a marvelous introduction to what would follow. Each dish was superbly prepared with care, love, and attention incorporating the finest and freshest ingredients available. My wife and I enjoy sharing dishes and our soup and entree were both presented on separate plates as though they were full orders. We also ordered 3 sides because they sounded so wonderful and they were. One note, the sides are very generous portions so we ended up taking some home to enjoy the next day.Special Features:
- Great food, shaky servicercurtismVIPDined on 8/16/2014I've been wanting to come here for ages, and wasn't at all disappointed - the setting is every bit as beautiful as you might imagine, and the food was excellent across the board - chilled corn soup, watermelon salad, pork belly, and a king salmon special were all superb, desserts a little less impressive. Unfortunately, our server didn't quite ruin the evening but certainly put a damper on it - she brought me the wrong cocktail and tried to argue with me when I pointed it out, ignored our request for some additional salt for the table, forgot about our wine order, and presented a bill with a charge for two bottles of wine when we only had one. Everyone is new on the job at some point, but this was a few too many mistakes for one meal.Special Features:
- AmazingjegnmDined on 8/15/2014This was one of the most flavorful dinners we have eaten. Every flavor of each farm fresh food was sublime, not masked by overly spiced or heavy sauces. We had the watermelon salad, chilled corn soup and cheese platter for appetizers. Each was delicious. Dinners were smoked pork belly, chicken roulade and the specials of three meat ravioli with pecorino sauce and red flannel hash, beets and potatoes with smoked cod topped with an egg. We can't say enough about the mélange of flavors that sparkled in each dish. The wine list is not extensive but there is a good variety. Dessert was the forest torte which lasted only seconds. Sitting on the covered patio in the rain actually made the evening perfectSpecial Features:
- WonderfulNMNativeDined on 8/13/2014Great location, great food. A bit pricey, but only a little.Special Features:
- Excellent foodFortWorthDined on 8/1/2014We had a wonderful dinner and breakfast on the patio. Food is fresh with seasonal offerings. Staff is very knowledgable about the menu and specialsSpecial Features:
- Beautiful diningGrossinmVIPDined on 7/31/2014Everything set in front of you is prepared with an incredible attention to detail. Made from what appears to fruits and vegetables pulled from the garden out front. Just another perfect dinner at Los Poblanos.Special Features:
- Amazing on all Levels!nmfoodie27Dined on 7/30/2014As a first timer at Los Poblanos, I fell in love with the property, the products, and the food. Absolutely beautiful. The staff was amicable and friendly. I am now a customer for life at the store and La Merienda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodrosyrunsDined on 7/30/2014I went for the Marble Brewery beer pairing dinner, 4 excellent courses with 7 beers. Highlights for me were the excellent pork belly, plus the candied pink peppercorns that elevated the beet salad; among the beers the double white and the barley wine stood out. Glad I sat outside, where I got to watch peacocks patrol the garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dining experienceBjbout2eatDined on 7/23/2014What a quaint and lovely dining experience. Charming ambiance, freindly wait staff, beautiful grounds to wander around before or after dining. Small but delicious menu, perfect for foodies. Not great for large parties because the kitchen is quite small. Will definitely return next time I visit Albuquerque.Special Features:
- Tasty!J505Dined on 7/18/2014The food here is amazing. I love eating in a restaurant where the food consistently exceeds my expectations. The menu changes seasonally with the local harvest so every time we go it is a whole new menu of delights to choose from. The wait staff is always friendly, helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can not wait to return!LuckyDined on 7/12/2014The setting is unmatched. If you have time explore the grounds. The menu is not extensive but everything the four of us ordered was delicious. The service was just right friendly but not intrusive. It is perfect for a special occasion or a lovely dinner out. We look forward to our next visit as the menu changes seasonaly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We had our daughter's wedding at Los Poblanos in 2012, and we had an anniversary dinner last year as well. It is is great venue and brings back all the wedding memories we had for them. We had the same serveral last year as well. thank you. bill DolanSpecial Features: