Los Gatos Brewing Company
130 N. Santa Cruz Avenue
Los Gatos, CA 95030Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Los Gatos Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lgbrewingco.com/
- Phone: 4083959929
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 10:00am - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 10:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Jim Stump
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-Private dining available for groups up to 40 guests in the main dining room. Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Randy Bertao 4083959929
A word from Los Gatos Brewing Company
Los Gatos Brewing Co., established in 1991, offers a remarkable menu of the finest California cuisine, a lively atmosphere of casual sophistication and, of course, the original Los Gatos Brew.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Los Gatos Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (32)great for lunch (29)neighborhood gem (29)kid-friendly (23)vibrant bar scene (22)special occasion (16)great for brunch (15)fit for foodies (14)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Tip of 18% was included, but not really shown and so we tipped an additional 18%.we felt "taken".. because of this experience, I down rated the restaurant.
- ehhhh *shrug*looking4goodbrewhouseDined on 8/22/2014The service was wonderful, the ambiance was fine. Whoever decided to play with the lights was an idiot. The beer was terrible, porter was good, the rest were on par with budwiser. The food was standard, burger, pizza, and a couple different dishes (nothing to write home about). It might be my go to place if i lived in the neighborhood, but to out of my way to give it another shot.Special Features:
- Consistently impressive!jboneDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant has a lot going for it. The beer is great, the food is pretty darn good, and its got a comfortable feel that culd be just a tiny bit hip. Every time I've eaten here over the last ten years I would have given it a 4 or a 5 star rating. Just try it - you"ll have a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with KidsMaiasDined on 8/18/2014Joe was our waiter and was on top of everything! Had a great experience even with grandchildren!Special Features:
- Los Gator BreweryishopDined on 8/12/2014Lunch with friends was supposed to be a nice time for visiting along with good lunch. Service was slow and I had asked for a quiet area with table. We got the table. Been here many times before & this one visit was a disappointment. 4 prawns on a spinach salad with stems still on the baby spinach for $14.00 was not my idea of good salad. Bread is always good but why can't they cut it through instead of having to pull apart. One friend asked for coffee and it never came until the "bus boy" came to take away dishes and HE brought it to her with the cream she likes but didn't ask for. Nice! All in all, this was not up to par. Seated with very chatty people all around and one with kids who were squabbling.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceMistyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Some of our past experiences have been mediocre, but this time everything was fresh and delicious! The beet salad was well balanced. The ahi was fresh. The sliders were juicy and cooked perfectly. The wings, peppers, fusilli, etc. all came out great. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Unbearably noisyWinegeekDined on 7/28/2014I wanted to enjoy my meal at Los Gatos brewing Company because I do like their food, service and drinks menu. Unfortunately, the noise level was so high that I had to shout at the top of my lungs to be heard by my dining companions. We considered leaving in the middle of the meal. Perhaps some sound baffles installed in the high ceiling could help this situation.Special Features:
- Poor Service & OverpricedLosGatosmomDined on 6/28/2014I went to dinner at LGBC with my husband and son on a weekend evening. It was not crowded when we arrived and they had plenty of wait staff on the floor. After watching three waiters standing around chatting together for 10 minutes, one finally came to our table to ask if we wanted anything to drink. He did not introduce himself, say hello, or offer any information about the beers/drinks available and generally gave the impression that we were bothering him by making him work. The entire dinner was like that. My husband sat with an empty beer glass throughout most of his dinner because the waiter never returned to ask if he wanted another. And this is a microbrewery! The food quality and taste was good, but overpriced.
- poor serviceBreweryneedshelpDined on 6/15/2014My family and I have been going to the Brewery for years and always enjoyed the time spent. For the last six month something has happened. This Sunday was the worst. We made a reservation and still waited even though there were many empty booths. When seated we waited 20min to get our order in no water zero acknowledgement we were seated. We would have waited more but we flagged down another server who finally got our waiter. When the waiter came he was very unorganized he tried to memorize the orders and did not write it down and 2 of the 4 orders were incorrect. This Sunday was the all time worst. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Great Place!FoodloverDined on 6/14/2014Food was great! Loved the mussels appetizer. The German chocolate cake was wonderful if you like coconut!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50/50BabalooVIPDined on 6/14/2014It was tough to decide between 3 stars and 4 stars. The chicken kabob and the chicken Caesar were cooked perfectly. The two people that ordered the tri tip sandwich were very disappointed in the quality. The beef had a lot of grissley pieces mixed in with a few nice pieces and the portion was skimpy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocretricrichtonDined on 6/13/2014Good beer. Mediocre food. My family went here with the expectation that this would rival Coronado Brewing Company and left disappointed. We did have great service from waiter.Special Features:
- Great BeerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Not easy to find if you have the right address because it is on a side street. Good food and great beer.Special Features:
- First time and probably never againAlwayshungryDined on 6/8/2014I made a reservation for 7 several days in adbavce. When we arrived, we were shoveled into a corner table, with seats for six. They had to squeeze in an extra chair, after we arrived, instead of giving us a new table. Even our server made a comment about how Poor of a table set up it was. That was the beginning. In summary: our server made several mistakes for food orders and rang up extra items on our bill. Given to say they did comp a few items, but the food and service is not worth a return. Better choice is Rock Bottom in campbellSpecial Features:
- Good beer... average foodMattDined on 6/6/2014Been a few times and always enjoyed it, but the food is just average. Can be a bit hit or miss depending on the dish. Service is always great and enjoy the beer selection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, unassuming, vibrant placeravanaDined on 6/6/2014We've been going to LGB for years….and love everything about it. We really wish they would add more vegetarian options in their entree sections. Little bit on the pricey side for what some might think of as 'bar food'.Special Features:
- short beer and menu listkotenokDined on 5/25/2014they don't have a substantial variety of food, and even the items they have were not so great. For main dish the hanger steak was good but the salad was not, in fish and chips the fish was dry and overcooked, the bratwurst was absolutely tasteless. Also they had about 6 beer choices, which is surprisingly low for a brewery. The service was all right though, and the place itself is also okSpecial Features:
- Great foodShopgirlCindyDined on 5/25/2014We had lunch at the Los Gatos brewing Company one Sunday afternoon. We found the food and the service to be excellent. My only complaint was that it was pricey; $15-$16 is too much for a burger. Way too expensive to bring children as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not have a good experienceoldthingDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I have been going to Los Gatos Brewing Co. for years, but last Sat. night was the worst! It was the food. We had the soft shelled crab salad for $17. and it was not good. The crab was TINY, the lettuce was miniscule (about 1 leaf torn up) and I don't remember much else on the plate. For $17. I really expected more.
- Doesn't disappointFoodie4VIPDined on 5/23/2014Good variety of dishes, something for everyone. Fast, friendly service. Nice to walk around downtown LG before or afterwards.Special Features:
- Annie3Dined on 5/20/2014The good: The restaurant itself is lovely, and the beer is quite good. We had a young server who gave us great service, despite having many tables. The okay: Regular menu items were fine (e.g. hamburgers). Offer more specials that are well-prepared (blackened salmon special was marginal). The not-so-good: The noise level is very high. Hard to have a normal conversation here. Don't recommend for young children or romantic dinners.Special Features:
- Los Gatos Brewing CompanySusanneDined on 5/17/2014May 17, 2014 Went to lunch with girlfriends while visiting an artist open studio event and shopping in quaint Los Gatos. Great place for lunch. We all had the LGBC Burger with sweet potato fries which was very good. The complimentary blueberry coffee cake served before the meal is to die for. Excellent service. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service intolerableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014While the food was good, I spent half my night trying to get my server's attention (she was never in the dining room and when she was, she walked right by. Other servers and managers saw I was looking for her and did nothing to help. It took 30 min to get a beer (because she forgot) The beer was above temperature and quite frankly, not very good- while over priced. I also had to track someone down to refill all drinks on the table, multiple times. To top it all off they charged over 20% auto-gratuity for 6 adults and two kids (one of which didn't eat). My bill was $300. There are many, many, many better restaurant experiences in Los Gatos. I wouldn't recommend this one.
- OK, but do not honor reservationsAmoLDined on 5/11/2014I do not know that we will be returning to LG Brewing Company any time soon. Everything was "fine", but I expect to be seated relatively quickly when I make a reservation. It was not because they were extremely busy. In fact, there were only a couple of walk-in tables waiting to be seated when we arrived. As someone who worked in the restaurant industry for many years, I could tell it was a lack of organization on the host(ess) staff, and no advance-plan for our reservations that created the 30 minute delay in our getting seated. The food and service did not make up for the delay.Special Features:
- Superior Mother's Day BrunchhazelvueDined on 5/11/2014I booked late for Mother's Day and was very pleased that I did because we wound up at the Los Gatos Brewing Company with my 83-year-old stepmother and the big booth, food and service were all great. Particularly recommend the corned beef hash with poached eggs. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good atmosphere, crummy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Love the atmosphere at the place, but was really disappointed with the food. Veggies were not fresh and the pasta was all soggy.Special Features:
- L. G. & meRhino62Dined on 5/9/2014Service was outstanding! Food was good! A nice, quaint place to enjoy a meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining Experience ****EMC2HDined on 5/9/2014Warm Olives starter in Balsamic Vinegar, excellent. Dipping sauce for bread, outstanding. Clam Chowder, Pear Salad, Beet Salad, highly recommended. Nice pairing of the Brassfield Pinot Noir with the Roast Chicken. Chocolate Bread Pudding served a la mode, Yummy. First time for our guests, 2nd time for us, great overall experience. Server Knight was friendly, menu knowledgeable, wine savvy, suggestive upselling without feeling pressured or annoyed. Although he could have presented wine more as a pairing with food, but knew the wine list and their profiles when asked for recommendation. Definitely would recommend to others add well as another return visit. -Visiting from Reno, NVSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 556 reviews are from the Los Gatos Brewing Company reviews archive.
- 70th BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014We had 10 relatives join us for an early dinner and it worked great. We had a long table where the two little ones were corned by adults on the booth side so it worked for us. My husband is a big IPA fan so he was pleased they had it this time. Earlier for brunch, they had run out. He said the stout was good also.Special Features:
- DrJimmyVIPDined on 4/26/2014Same old same old...they do have Rombauer Chardonnay on the wine list by the bottle though!
- Great Meeting PlaaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014Well known and well situated in downtown Los Gatos, a great place to meet to discuss business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst serviceUnhappyCustomerDined on 4/12/2014The food was delicious, but the service was absolutely horrible. It took the waiter at least ten minutes to come to our table once we were seated. He did not come back for another 20 minutes to take our order. The restaurant was not overly crowded, and we continually saw our server talking to other members of the staff instead of being attentive to our section. When the server did come to our table he was unfriendly and rude. Once he dropped off the bill, it was another 15-20 minutes before he came to pick it up again. I had also mentioned it was my sisters birthday. Most restaurants make some effort to make a birthday celebration memorable, but he made no effort whatsoever.Special Features:
- Good place for salad or hamburgerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/8/2014Consistently good and economical restaurant in downtown Los Gatos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LG Brewing Co.LainieDined on 4/5/2014Overall we had a very good time. The food could have been a bit better. My steak was a bit burnt. The salads we blah! Need more flavor. Service was great. Good for a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchRonKDined on 4/2/2014Perfect place for a birthday lunch with a date, spouse, or close friend. Not noisy, so it's easy for good conversation. Not huge menu, but many excellent selections including appetizers and desserts. But the best thing about LG Brewing is the beer. Brewed on premises, and you can meet the brewer, Kent, when he is working in the brewhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brews & Beyond Pub FoodMCoatesDined on 3/23/2014LG Brewing company has established itself as a local favorite--that also can draw folks in from all over the country. It's own beer is always interesting and has enough variety to suit most tastes. The menu changes regularly but includes solid burgers, quasi-Italian dishes, steak/meat staples and creative vegetarian choices. I've rarely been disappointed and often surprised. This time I had the penne & Tuscan-style cauliflower, which was served over pasta with great northern African spice flair. Also tasted the Tunisian chickpea stew, which this night tended more towards soup, but had a wonderful kick of spice. All in all, another pleasant evening of reasonably priced, delectable food washed down with hand-crafted beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good standard Brew pub beer and fooOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2014Have been to LG Brewing Company many times. I don't expect much, but the restaurant does not disappoint either. The place offers a fairly standard menu of salads, sandwiches, burgers, and the like. Would be nice if the menu changed more often or there were more specials. This time, the portions were adequate, but way too many french fries and not enough of the main food attraction. Service was both attentive and not. Took a long time to order, but food came out rather quickly. Beer here can be really good or average--best to taste the beers before ordering or to get a flight. Another highlight of LG Brewing Company is the ease of watching sports from almost everywhere and all the nice shops and the park in close proximity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMattDined on 3/21/2014Good food, great atmosphere, but don't go for the beer. It's not that exciting but the food makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good vegetarian optionsJayBeeDined on 3/15/2014I keep wanting to try some other items on the vegetarian menu but when I come here I always get the Italian Squash pancakes! I've actually come to eat here a few times because of this dish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill SlideNASAR8VIPDined on 3/15/2014The quality of the food as been slowly going down hill over the years. The beer is sometimes hit or miss as the brewer tries different things.I would recommend this to a friend.