Los Gatos Brewing Company - San Jose
163 W Santa Clara St
San Jose, CA 95113Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Los Gatos Brewing Company - San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lgbrewingco.com/
- Phone: 408-292-9928x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Saturday CLOSED
Please Visit Our Location in Los Gatos
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Los Gatos Brewing Company - San Jose
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Los Gatos Brewing Company - San Jose - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Los Gatos Brewing Company - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (8)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Dinner Prior to ConcertBeezLuizDined on 9/20/2014Recently had dinner here with a group of friends. The main dinning room was booked for a private function so we were seated outside in the patio. Great atmosphere and eventually a band showed up and the place filled to standing room only. Our service was very good. The food was pretty good, but nothing beyond standard fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night FrightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Upon entering the restaurant the staff seemed indifferent, the noise from a band playing on the patio was obnoxious and in an obvious sports bar situation the TVs were not showing local sports, i.e. Giants, Athletics. Judge Judy was playing next to my table. I asked the server to change it to the Giants game and it took about a half hour to respond to my request. Did I mention that the patio rock band was playing WAY too loud for 730 PM dining? Two us had the ribs and one had the lamb shank special. All the portions were for the skinny jeans crowd and I needed to eat again a few hours later. I would not recommend the place to friends or acquaintances. It wasn't completely terrible, it was just meh. I give it a C-.
- So sofiftyishfoodieDined on 8/22/2014Looking for a casual meal in downtown SJ, and picked LGBC. Even though the service was very good, the food was lackluster. I had crab cake sliders, no flavor and the cabbage slaw was not made with care. Dressing was watery and the cabbage seemed hacked up without care. The burger passed but there was no pizzazz. I would put a Chilis or BJs burger ahead of it, definitely. LGBC should do more than just pump out food. Seems like a tune up is needed to reach full potential as a downtown brew restaurant.Special Features:
- Just okgoldbloodedgrillerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Nice restaurant. good service. Food was actually good, for a brewery restaurant. Had arancini, wings, calamari, and 2 pizzas all were good. The tartare was lacking seasoning and flavor. The part of the restaurant we came for was the brews & they were disappointing, very light & lackluster. No porters or stouts, and the IPA didn't have much character.Special Features:
- Good Food! Lovely Ambiance....TasteTesterDined on 7/22/2014Location is perfect to start with a night out downtown. Nice patio seating and inside is very posh. Had the salad and friends had the pasta which was delicious then the German Chocolate Cake and Cheescake we shared was scrumptious. Bon Appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dino999Dined on 7/19/2014We have been to the Los Gatos location and always had a good meal, so we thought we would try the San Jose location, plus a band we liked was going to be playing. The outdoor patio was very nice The food was good, but not great. My tri-tip sandwich was bland and my companions chicken salad was unimpressive. It is too bad, the restaurant looks great and in a nice location downtown near San Pedro Square, and the beer was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner/bad sound checkGreatfoodDined on 7/19/2014Food and service were exceptional but the 15 min check check check check while the band was setting up was irritating and not necessary. I finally told him to zip it and things got better but that was ridiculous! I'll come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchReviewsJFDined on 7/17/2014Great place for a business lunch. I had the bbq chicken salad and was very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Concert DiningLS57Dined on 7/2/2014Small group of five enjoyed dining pre-concert. Yummy vegetarian selection, Gorgonzola Gnocchi was rich and done right. Food server was prompt with good timing but thankfully not hovering Drinks came out yummy, too. Comfortable selections, a bit noisy and hard to hear in middle of dining room. All in all, a 4 out of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd visits was a nightmareBayAreafoodloverVIPDined on 6/3/2014This was my 3rd visit. However, last visit totally ruined my experience and I probably won't go back anymore! I booked a dinner for 4 people on Tuesday. We arrived on time and got seated immediately. Short after, I noticed they were short staff in the evening and our waitress was hardly to be found. It took her over 30 minutes and 3 reminders after to get our 2nd cocktails. Later, another group of 25 who seated next to us and served by same waitress. Poor waitress was very stressful and didn't even came to our table after. We asked close the checks 3 times in 30mins. Waitress seem too busy and didn't care at all. My friend got mad and almost walked out the restaurant. We spent $150 for 4 people and didn't deserve 1 star service!
- The following 209 reviews are from the Los Gatos Brewing Company - San Jose reviews archive.
- Enjoyed the visitGolfer11Dined on 5/3/2014We had eaten at the LGB in Los Gatos, but this was our first visit to the location in San Jose. The layout and furnishing of the restaurant hasn't changed much from when it was AP Stumps, and that's generally a good thing. There are both booths and tables and the interior is nicely decorated. Our service was prompt and knowledgeable about the food and beer selection. Our visit was on a relatively quiet Saturday evening, with no Sharks game or local event at the SAP center so our experience was likely better than when the restaurant is full of folks eager to eat and get out.Special Features:
- good food and serviceHajiDined on 5/2/2014I liked the food selection and the locally made beer menu. Service was quick and easy with no problems at all. Later in the evening on Fridays they have jazz music which was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LGBCFoodie4LifeDined on 4/26/2014The overall experience at LGBC was good. We went on the night of a Sharks game and the place was packed, we had to wait at least 15 minutes for a table even though we had made a reservation. The service was good considering how busy they were. The mussels in curry sauce appetizer was awesome and our server brought us extra bread to soak up all of the nummy bits. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:
- Pre Sharks game eatingSharksfanDined on 3/27/2014We split tickets with two other couples for Shark's games. As a result, we end up going to 10 games a year. When we meet other people prior to the game, we generally pick this restaurant. I would rate the grill as good. Food is typical grill food. Service is generally good. Pricing is moderate. Restaurant is clean. Noise is a little loud, but admittedly I am becoming less tolerant the older I get. Overall I give it an 8 on a scale of 1 -10.Special Features:
- Sharks dinnerPugsVIPDined on 3/20/2014Large portions of meat for the price compared to other restaurants, friendly staff and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Shark's pre-game dinnerUpfromSantaCruzDined on 3/11/2014Prior to a Shark's game this place is packed and hard to get into unless you have a reservation or find a place at the bar. Food and service is great but it can get noisy on game nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK PlaceRachelVIPDined on 3/5/2014It was a nice place to eat - maybe we just went there on an off night. There were two large tables and then us. We were sat near the large tables - and it was noisy. I'm not sure why they didn't seat us away - there were plenty of seats....so it was strange. Wait staff was ok - but not very attentive. Food was delicious - but it took a LONG time for it to come out.
- Pre-game DinnerBeezLuizDined on 3/4/2014Recently had dinner with a group of 4 prior to the Sharks hockey game. The place was very busy but we were seated quickly (due to reservations being made ahead of time). Most patrons were also heading to the game. Told our server we were on a time schedule due to the game and he made sure we were out of there in plenty of time to walk to the arena. Food was good and atmosphere was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceSuzyqDined on 3/1/2014Steven is a very attentive waiter. He made sure we were taken care of! Great service & food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive food was tastelessPeachesDined on 2/28/2014Expensive food was tasteless and the cheaper food was okay, but nothing to rave about. Drinks expensive! Cushions in booths are two low and spongy. Sit at a table! If you sit in the dining room, don't allow them to blast you with the music that should stay in the bar area.
- Never againrus95023Dined on 2/17/2014Entree came before the salad, no refill on drinks, never saw the waiter after our food came. Waited 10 minutes for the check after our dinner dishes were cleared.Special Features:
- Much too noisy. ConversationOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 2/17/2014Much too noisy. Conversation can be a problem. Service was extremely swift. We were in no hurry since we had 2 hours before show time. We had an appetizer and main course in less than 30 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Helped Us Out with Wrong ResvOrlandoVisitorVIPDined on 2/17/2014We arrived at this restaurant in plenty of time for our 6pm reservation for 3 people, before a concert at SAP. It was getting busy and crowded, but I was confident, with my reservation in hand. The host then told us that my reservation was showing up for 5pm, 4 people. Huh. A glitch happened somewhere -- but they found us a great table, even with the line backing up behind us, and took care of us in time to make our concert. Great service from the staff!Special Features:
- Great time for a perfect occasiondjacseDined on 2/14/2014Steven was an amazing server and give him so much props on making my little brothers birthday the best it could be in the Lincoln room. He was extremely kind, energetic, knew what he was doing and made it the best possible for someone who has food allergiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably Loud and Noisy!!bbtapperDined on 2/13/2014The noise level was almost unbearable! The food was so good; the service was great! Unless you are into the young professionals bar scene, stay away until about 7:30pm! The loud noise really detracts from the good food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sitting makes a differenceTammyDined on 2/7/2014We made reservation, and were sitted right away..awesome for a Friday e e evening. BUT.... our family of four were sitted at a table that could fit 6. it wasn't bad except we couldn't hear each other talk and it was difficult for use to share the amazing dipping oil over the large table. and we were nrxt to.a really be party yhat was yelling to talk to each other and making lots of group annoucements. We were looking to enjoy a brewing restaurant, but couldn't even see the tanks way in the back. even when we asked abput the beers, we didn't get much info. I feel we missed out with thi great restaurant, but not going to return and risk a repeat experience. Food was.good, not every day you can get a chicken thigh sandwich with slice of ham.Special Features:
- Good beer and average food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2014Good beer and average food. Close to Sharks games.I would recommend this to a friend.
- invisible dinerssteveDined on 2/1/2014Showed up a little early for 5:15 reservations. Once we were seated, we chatted and looked over the menu and sat....and sat...and sat......several waiters cruised right past us as though we were not there (in a table in the middle of the dining room!) Finally, we had to shout out to one of the passing waiers to get some attention. He was nice enough and apologized and explained that Muffy (or whatever oue designated waitress was named) hadn't shown up yet to work her shift in our area of the restaurant. At that point, we didn't care about the excuse...we just wanted to eat and make it to the Sharks game in time. Very lame. Anyway, the food was ok once we were served. The waiter, although busy, managed to turn things around...mostly.
- First impressions!RmountainDined on 1/31/2014This was our first time coming to this restaurant and let me tell you, they killed it. We had reservations at 6, just before The Eagles were playing on Friday night and we were welcomed and seated right away. The place was already starting to fill up with concert goers and I'm assuming the local crowd. Our waiter came right away and got the drink orders. My wife and I were just starting to talk when the drinks and bread came. He took our food order, fish tacos and crab sliders, and within 10 minutes or so, he brought the food! The food was excellent and the service and ambiance was even better. The craft beer was excellent! We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before a SAP eventRhopeDined on 1/31/2014Great location for dining before an event at the SAP Center. They have bike taxi's to take you if you are running late. Good walk if you prefer. Energy flows before a shark game. You would definitely want to make reservations.Special Features:
- Went before the Eagles concert,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/29/2014Went before the Eagles concert, the food and drink were very good. The service attentive and left us the perfect amount of time to make the show. We overheard the front desk tell customers only reservations were being served until late. Very much appreciated that they didn't pack the place to the detriment of service. Will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy salads and the New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/25/2014Yummy salads and the New York Steak was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was just okayMoHilldinerDined on 1/23/2014Went for dinner before a Sharks game. The food came quick but my burger was well done when I asked for Medium Rare. Plus for it coming out so fast after I ordered it I was surprised it was only warm. The same was with the pulled pork sandwich we ordered. Made use wonder if they have stuff pre cooked so they can get orders out fast for Sharks game fans. Also the fries were only warm and were limp and not crispy. For how much the burger and pork sandwich were we won't return. We don't mind paying a higher price for a burger but it better be good and cooked correctly. This place was to have a good reputation and we were let down. I would pass especially on Sharks game nights.
- going to a concert? Forget about itjefflDined on 1/19/2014I made a reservation at this place because of its proximity to SAP Center for a concert I was taking my daughter and neice too. I thought 1 hour would be plenty of time. We were sat immediately but did not see a single server for 30 minutes. See that others were waiting a long time for their food we got up and left! We were relegated to eating hot dogs at the Arena instead. VERY FRUSTRATING!
- Boring lame and conservativeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/16/2014San Jose downtown is not a happening place. But this place is below the happening level ...
- Sharks pre-gameBarfoodieDined on 1/11/2014Nice for bar scene but food is not the reason to visit. Mussels were excellent appetizer. beet salad was dry- dressing a nice option but needed to request. granted it was very busy with sharks and nfl playoffs happening. chicken kabob and pork choos were solid entrees. it was still fun for our group of 6. thanks for a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sports BarLindaDined on 1/11/2014We were there before a Sharks game so the place was very crowded and noisy( To be expected ). We sat for 20 minutes without seeing a waiter and finally had to flag one down. But, once we got the waiter he was very friendly and very attentive. The food was good and so were the beers and wine. A good place to go to start our evening.Special Features:
- perfect place for new yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013perfect place for new years party, not too crowded and service and food were excellent! can't wait to go next new years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a group of 8 that turnedRunaDined on 12/31/2013We had a group of 8 that turned into a group of 10 on New Years Eve but we were accommodated without any problems at all! The server was pretty attentive but near the end (possibly because it was busier) we were sitting there waiting for him to come back after he had dropped off the dessert menus. We had to flag down another server to get our server for us. I had the Cobb Wrap which I'm still dreaming about! I love it! The chicken inside was perfect and so were the fries that came with it. I will definitely be returning here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughtful considerationlovelylady3Dined on 12/13/2013Since I have special needs that require that I bring my own food when dining with my friends, the staff have always been so accomodating and offer to heat my food or put it in their bowls. It takes the stress out for me and I can truly enjoy the experience of the restaurant. Many restaurants do not allow me to eat my own food there, which I understand, but I know I always have a place at Los Gatos Brewing Company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.