Los Cuates Restaurant
1564 Wisconsin Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Los Cuates Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loscuatesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (202) 965-7009
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Los Cuates Restaurant
Los Cuates of Georgetown invite you to come and experience for yourself our delicious and extensive menu featuring traditional Mexican dishes. You will find your favorite beverage and also "The best margaritas" in town. We use only the fresh ingredients, and all food is prepared daily. We are also pleased to be able to offer you such quality and quantity of food at reasonable prices. We look forward to your visit and we are ready to serve you the finest in Mexican cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Los Cuates Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great spotcheckpleaseVIPDined on 11/7/2014Terrific neighborhood find with friendly prompt service. They handled couples, families and what seemed like an entire dorm from Georgetown with ease. Get there earlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 48 reviews are from the Los Cuates Restaurant reviews archive.
- foodjamesyDined on 7/11/2014The food, and especially the mango margaritas, are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family friendlynicknameVIPDined on 5/17/2014The restaurant is not large, so I am glad we made a reservation. Food is well prepared and good quality. We ordered traditional Latino dishes and everyone enjoyed their meal. We sat at the round table in the window and it was bright and comfortable.Special Features:
- Fantastic GuacamoleCloveDined on 4/19/2014Fantastic Guacamole. Excellent traditional Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick and DeliciousBrunchDealConnoisseurDined on 4/12/2014Were a it late, but plenty of seating available and seated immediately. Immediately given chips and salsa....and the salsa was perfect. We asked for more. Ordered the enchiladas and chimichanga, which were both delicious and came out within 15 minutes. Overall a cute little place for some decent Mexican that was quick and delicious.Special Features:
- Tries to be authentic Tex-MexRdw53Dined on 4/8/2014Tries to be authentic Tex-Mex with a flare of Mexico. Doesn't quite make it. They do carry Mexican beers though. Food ok, drinks ok, ambience not quite and noise very loud. Not my favorite place, especially for Mexican food
- Great place for a partyBrunchlovers13VIPDined on 4/5/2014They've got the space and service for a big group. Don't expect anything special from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loud, but outstanding drinksJessahDined on 4/4/2014We were a little nervous when we couldn't hear each other across our table in a back corner of the second floor... but then the pina coladas arrived, and we were too busy drinking to try to talk with each other. We each had entrees off the specials menu (mole pork and mole fish tacos), and were very happy with the flavors. Neither of us finished our plates, and the waitstaff were very friendly and funny. We'll be back - if only for the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2014The food at Los Cuates was truly fantastic. The enchiladas were savory, the rice was fluffy and flavorful, and the beans were not dried and congealed - a problem I have encountered at most Mexican restaurants in the area. The margaritas were delicious, and did not taste like bottled sour mix. Try this place out if you're looking for authentic Mexican comfort food!Special Features:
- Treat in the neighborhoodWeLoveDateNightsVIPDined on 3/7/2014Friday night is not complete with a diablo margarita and enchilda at Los Cuates! Excellent service, delicious food and friendly faces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummDosMasMargDined on 3/5/2014Food was good. Gotta have the guacamole! it's a small place so it's cozy seating. Staff is ok friendly; they are polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Spotty ServiceMandyKDined on 3/1/2014We showed up for our reservation but it didn't look as if we needed one for 5:30. They let us choose our seats (there was plenty to pick from). We got complementary chips and salsa very quickly, but it took much longer to order drinks and food. The margaritas were nice and strong but they don't list their prices on the menu. Once we ordered our food it claim quickly, the enchiladas were very good. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local jointArchitectDesignblogVIPDined on 2/24/2014Good margaritas and food but very very loud, drunken college scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdelquateOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/15/2014Nachos were pretty good. Chile Rellenos were disappointing, unndercooked and bland. Salads were good. Overall, a forgettable experience.Special Features:
- Decided to try the steak fajitaskathatDined on 1/31/2014Decided to try the steak fajitas after noticing plate after sizzling plate of them coming out of the kitchen. They did not disappoint and were delicious. I found myself craving them for quite a few days after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/27/2013The food was great here as always. Have all the standard favorites. Food came out quickly and was hot. The white (hotter) queso was flavorful. There is also a nice selection of fun frozen drinks on the menu as well.Special Features:
- What is happening?RichardVIPDined on 10/20/2013Had dinner last Sunday at this Georgetown mexican restaurant. Food and drinks were as good as usual byt the service was extremely poor and disorganized and there were not many customers. At 8:00 we were the last people there. Uusually the place is jumping on a Sunday evening and the service is harried but excellent. This is a great local place for an inexpensive dinner but the need to do somehting about the service.Special Features:
- FunyummyDined on 10/11/2013I loved the atmosphere, especially on a Friday night. It was a very happening place and they have really good margaritas. The food was also good, and the portions are large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Los CuatesDavidDined on 10/5/2013We really enjoyed this small Mexican restaurant located on Wisconsin Ave in Georgetown. The ambience was fine. The service was excellent. The Masitas de Puerco al Horno - slow roasted pork with sauteed onions - was to die for. The fish toco special looked very good too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican in GeorgetownRixon1221Dined on 10/2/2013A no-frills, excellent Mexican restaurant a few blocks up Wisconsin Ave. in Georgetown. Los Cuates brings lots of chips and fresh salsa to your table, and all the entrees I've had there are excellent!Special Features:
- Very nice, reliable MexicanFenomenalVIPDined on 10/1/2013Very nice, reliable Mexican restaurant! It's been a great addition to the neighborhood. The staff is very friendly. The food is good at very reasonable prices. The atmosphere is vibrant. It's a great place for a group celebration. They are very accommodating to large groups. I especially like the fajitas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fun, especially with a grouphoyaskeetleDined on 9/28/2013Los Cuates was one of our two Mexican spots in undergrad, and it never disappoints! The service is slow, which is to be expected with the addition of the second floor and with the many groups that gather for margs + dinner. )Though this last visit, we were astonished by just how poor our server was in particular. Not always the case here, but it was... not great.) Wonderful place for a girls' night dinner and drinks, or other group meeting, but wouldn't necessarily recommend for a date night (so loud!) Would definitely recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same!roseon3rdDined on 8/22/2013We have eaten here twice. We returned because on our first visit the food, drink and service was good. Unfortunately, this time despite the fact that the restaurant was empty the service was fair our appetizer arrived after we had finished our meals and it was burnt and cold. My meal was so so I left most of it on my plate. What a disappointment! We will not be returning.
- Will not return here again.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2013Will not return here again. Although noisy the food has been good in the past but this time it was not good at all. My chile relleno did not have red sauce and we specified that we were vegetarians and they gave black beans but still in my daughter's burrito there were pinto beans. Neither of us felt very good after eating here. Very disappointed.
- Good food -ask for drink prices68margDined on 6/8/2013Make sure you ask for drink prices before ordering as we were charged $68 for one pitcher of margaritas. This seems quite excessive even for a restaurant in Georgetown. Food was very good.
- Feliz CumpleañosstmayDined on 5/25/2013They did a great job for my daughter's birthday when she arrived with 7 high school friends, Luis helped out with a special "tres leches" cake with was delicious. They had a ball. Fajitas were fresh, hot, and plentiful.Special Features:
- Is there any good Mexican in DCEt183394Dined on 5/18/2013Good service, nice small place in Georgetown but food very bland, almost tasteless. I had tacos carbon. Very blah chicken wrapped in a flour tortilla. Margaritas were not bad.
- Disappointing "brunch" experienceTX2DCDined on 5/12/2013We made reservations at Los Cuates for Sunday morning after reviewing their brunch menu online. When we arrived, they told us that they normally serve brunch on Saturday and Sunday, but were not serving it that day. Since we were already seated, my friend and I each ordered something off the lunch menu, and about 20 minutes later, my food arrived, but not hers. We waited another 15 minutes for her food to arrive because apparently they forgot to make her fajitas. The food was okay but we would have been happier with it if the meals had arrived at the same time and if they had offered brunch as advertised. Given that there are many other good restaurant options available in the DC area, we won't be going back to Los Cuates.
- The food was delicious. OurTInaVIPDined on 5/11/2013The food was delicious. Our waiter was excellent. He took our drink order and immediately brought us chip and salsa. He let us sit and enjoy ourselves before he took our order. The food came quick. It was hot and so good. I would go back next time I am in town.Special Features:
- Anti-TrendyJeffcVIPDined on 5/9/2013It's classic Mexican, American style, with tasty food in large portions, and it won't empty your wallet. Popular with students from nearby Georgetown U. A high energy, fun kind of place. The pork dish was superb and special. Chicken enchilada was standard fare. Friend had two frozen margaritas so they must have been good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Los CuatesyummyinmytummyDined on 5/4/2013Really good restaurant for big groups Good value Fun atmosphere Probably for a younger crowd Definitely make reservations for Friday or Saturday nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNER 28 APRIL 2013sharjohnVIPDined on 4/28/2013We have been going to Los Cuates since it opened and are delighted to see them doing so well. On our last visit there was a very loud group at one of the upstairs tables -- really too loud. Not sure what they could have done, but I wished I'd asked to go downstairs ;) We do like the restaurant so one experience will not deter us in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great buzz and energy, broadLeighatseaDined on 4/6/2013Great buzz and energy, broad menu, and good preparation of the meals.Special Features:
- Better for brunch/lunch than dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2013The Mexican food is pretty standard. We've been there for brunch and the service was awesome and it wasnt too packed. This time, we went for dinner and it was SUPER loud. We couldnt hear the people at the other end of the table, so we pretty much just talked with the people next to us. Our waiter wasnt as attentive as we would have liked. We had to wait a really long time for drinks.Special Features:
- We had a party of seven and8EAT8Dined on 3/28/2013We had a party of seven and they handled it just fine considering the small restaurant space. The staff was attentive and the food was fantastic. This was a small restaurant and very loud but it is definitely worth the trip for the food!
- Fantastic food, butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Fantastic food and outstanding service. Only down side is the place is small and they pack people in there so it's loud and tough to have a conversation. Weekends people were waiting outside for a table, so make a reservation or go a different night. Might be quieter and less crowded too.Special Features:
- The food was amazing, I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2013The food was amazing, I would eat their dishes any day. But it was cramped and a little too "Mom and Pop" for me. I'd go there again if invited to, but I don't think I'd go again on my own choice. I would however order their food if that was an option, or get it for takeout if I lived closer.Special Features:
- We made an open table reservationRichDined on 3/9/2013We made an open table reservation an hour ahead of time. Got there it was packed and we were seated befor our reservation time. The service was perfect. The food was great. And it was a blast.
- solid mexican choice in georgetown.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/22/2013solid mexican choice in georgetown. good service and good margaritas.
- Best Low Key Mexican in GeorgetownSurprisedVIPDined on 2/15/2013Solid food and great pitchers of margaritas. I think they're still getting used to OpenTable (their second try I think) so we waited for quite a bit for our group of 8 to be seated, but this place never fails us.Special Features: