Los Amigos - Atlantic City
1929 Atlantic Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Los Amigos - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.losamigosrest.com/AC/
- Phone: (609) 344-2293x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm 7 days a week
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday 3:00: 10:30pm Saturday 3:00pm-10:30 Sunday: 11:30am - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Genero Valdez Castillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Los Amigos has 2 floors for dining
1st floor will accomodate 52 guests
2nd floor 35. We will rent out the entire restaurant for large parties.
- Private Party Contact: Genaro Castillo or Pat Shemeley 609-344-2293x
- Special Events: 20% Tuesdays in Oct.
Free trip if you take the Expressway to Atlantic City from12 noon-Midnight. Once your there stop in at Los Amigos and get 20% off your food bill. Great Margarita specials everyday.
- Cross Street: Between Michigan & Ohio Avenues
- Public Transit: AC Bus Terminal 1/2 block away with Public Transit stops 1 block away. NJ Transit 2 Blocks on Michigan Ave. at the AC Convention Center
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking available at Ceasar's garage on Michigan Ave. Private lot on Ohio Ave 1/2 block from the restaurant.
A word from Los Amigos - Atlantic City
"A Little of Old Mexico, a little of New Mexico & a lot of great Margaritas." Featuring contemporary Southwestern & Mexican border fare, with a flavorful selection of fresh seafood, prime steaks & margaritas, since 1976. Conveniently located in "The Walk" Outlet shopping area, two blocks from the Atlantic City Convention Center & two blocks from Ballys & Caesars casinos. Private Parties welcomed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Los Amigos - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Los Amigos - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (8)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great find!MelDDined on 9/27/2014We originally weren't planning to book a reservation here because we couldn't find a menu online. When we walked past, we saw their extensive menu in the window. Everything sounded wonderful so we changed our res to Los Cabos. I'm so glad we did! Donna, our server, was incredible. She knew the menu inside and out and gave great recommendations. We ordered what she suggested and all of it was amazing! Very authentic Mexican flavor. We will definitely be back and will recommend it to everyone heading to AC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!lovediningoutDined on 9/23/2014Everyone in our party raved about the food! Every dish we tried was really delicious. Loved the Chihuahua soup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/22/2014We didn't want to eat at the casinos, so we ventured outside hoping to find better food. Although this place is close to the outlets, there are better places to eat in Atlantic City. Our waitress walked right past me multiple times when I tried to flag her down (it's not that big a place so she should have seen and/or heard me) for simple requests like napkins. Food is just OK.
- A Mexican standard needs a overhaulJerseyJimDined on 8/2/2014My wife & our friends have always enjoyed Los Amigos. It's fun, colorful and has great margaritas. This evening, I decided I would try the roast pork fajitas. But instead of a sizziling plate of freshly grilled onions and peppers, and pulled, or chopped roast pork, I was served a very mushy bed of overcooked onions and peppers under a large scoop of what looked like mashed pork. The pork looked very much like the pulled pork you can buy in ready-to-eat tubs, in the grocery store. It did not look at all appetizing, or fresh, and was not worthy of this otherwise fine establshment. This dish needs work. Look to Chipolte for proper pulled pork texture. That said, my wife LOVED her paella. Service was great and the cocktails were super!
- Ridiculously Long WaitnjswedeVIPDined on 7/31/2014We had to wait a ridiculously long time for our food and they did not offer anything for the inconvenience.
- Los AmigosClaireypDined on 7/31/2014While the food was good, clearly they were unprepared for the amount of people who arrived for dinner after the Blake Shelton concert. The restaurant had one server on the upper level and one on the lower. The food had to be sent in because it got cold waiting for our waiter to bring it out.
- MooseDined on 7/26/2014We were looking for a convenient place with good food and a gluten-free menu. This was a real find. Terrific food, good service, and excellent specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014As usual, our meal at Los Amigos was wonderful. The service was attentive without being annoying and the food is never a disappointment. A true Atlantic City gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasant surprise..OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014We have been wanting to try this restaurant for years since it is so cute on outside. Little did we know how great the food would be and how friendly and nice the staff were.. We went to celebrate a birthday and they made it special. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- VLCKDined on 7/5/2014Always a good place to eat! Foos was great and it was a great time for all..Special Features:
- We felt like we were in Mexico!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2014We had a great experience here! The margaritas (especially the banana) were delicious! We had a Mexican pizza for an appetizer...yummy! And I had the seafood chimichanga special & my husband had the seafood paella. Both were authentic and delicious! The hand painted walls and atmosphere were fun, we will be back and recommend this fun find to anyone who loves Mexican food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dont drink the tap wateranonymousDined on 6/26/2014Overall good food/service but not sure if they used sink water or something else that was filtered using a sponge but the water tasted like lead.
- No parkingdididodoDined on 6/22/2014The food is great but the only parking near the restaurant which we used in the past is now closed. It was worth the parking fee but now parking is impossible. After searching every street for a spot I ended up in a garage 5 blocks away. The pain was greater than the pleasure so Los Amigos will do with out me in the future. Very sad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 197 reviews are from the Los Amigos - Atlantic City reviews archive.
- Jwcw01Dined on 6/14/2014Restaurant was clean . Service was very good and food was good .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BashOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Great meal and pricing was excellent. The food was excellent and everyone enjoyed their meal. Was a little noisy, but there were several parties (groups of more than 6) celebrating in the same room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Food FindSpiker1VIPDined on 5/25/2014This restaurant is across the street from the start of the Atlantic City outlet shops. The staff is wonderful. I have eaten at Los Amigos a number of times that the staff (including Cynthia) remembers my name and what I like to drink and eat for dessert. The service is fast. The first bowl of chips and salsa are free, and are more than enough for one person. I love their burritos as well as the flan. I make it a point to visit the restaurant when I am in town.Special Features:
- Aways Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We live about 15 minutes away and it is always a restaurant we enjoy going to for special occasions and a several times during the summer. It is a little expensive to go all the time. Great Mexican food especially the specials!Special Features:
- Good food and funluvtoeatDined on 4/26/2014We were there on a Saturday night when there was a bacherlorette party so the restaurant was very loud and tough to hear each other talk. Other than that, food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time - decent foodGeisnjDined on 3/22/2014Went there for my birthday. I wanted Mexican food, and two others had been there before. The atmosphere walking in is unique. Very narrow bar room, but fun. Good service by the bartender Jim made it even better. The chips and salsa were a nice touch with our drinks. We were seated upstairs. The walls are colorful and the menu is very large. All 6 of us ordered different entrees. Most of the group thought the food was good, but not great. My black bean soup was only lukewarm and seemed like it was the bottom of the pot since it was all beans and no broth. The seafood paella I ordered was alright, but not the paella I had at other restaurants. It was more broth than food. All in all, a good time, but only average food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Los Amigos never disappointsfriendlyforkDined on 3/6/2014Los Amigos restaurant week lunch was a hit. Food, service, ambience all terrific for a relaxing lunch.Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/6/2014Food was so so, lacked flavor, rice was horrible and salsa tasted more like marinara. The flan was good! That was about it.
- Consistently goodIrishDined on 3/4/2014We have never had anything bad here. They seem to be a combination of Mexican & Tex-Mex. Went again during Restaurant Week for lunch with friends. One friend had never had Mexican before but was willing to try. He also has some stomach issues & we weren't sure Mexican was the best for him but he wanted to try. Server was wonderful steering him toward the best foods for him to enjoy. Offered to put any sauces on the side so if he thought they were too spicy he would be ok. This was a good call since even the verde sauce he thought was really hot. For the record the rest of us did not feel that way he is just really sensitive. I believe they also have a Gluten Free menu which is really nice to know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliocious!VickyDined on 3/4/2014We had lunch at Los Amigos and everything was delicious, especially the fish taco's!! The only problem was our open table reservation did not show up on their list?? We were lucky enough to get in without a problem!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant week lunchAliyipVIPDined on 3/2/2014Super tasty. Flair as were good and the fish tacos were great. What a GemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Mexican lunch.AOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2014Very nice Mexican lunch.A few notches above your typical taco/burrito joint.Special Features:
- Surprisingly delightfulJimmyThyDined on 3/2/2014We tried out this restaurant to start off our 2014 AC Restaurant Week. We had no idea of what to expect since we would have never heard of this place had it not been for Restaurant Week, and the need for a place that did lunches on Sunday. We were a party of 4. We had some margaritas (the banana and mango were sooo yummy!). The girls thought the taste and alcohol level were perfect, whereas the men wanted more tequila (typical). Appetizers: We had the guacamole salad and potato chorizos. Everyone loved both. Entrees: Enchiladas, pork fajitas, and ultimate burritos. Everything was very tasty, but the burritos were SUPER yummy!!!!! LOVED IT. Desserts: Flan, churros, & sopapillas. Everything super tasty. We'll totally be back!!Special Features:
- For spicy food loverCHINITADined on 2/17/2014The first time at this Restaurant, I read some review before decided to make reservation at this place. We start with chip and salsa , add up with Guacamole, fresh Guacamole, and my husband ordered Seafood Paella, the seafood fresh.. I love shrimp and spicy food, so I ordered " Tabasco Tequila Shrimp" mmnm.... Yummy and the shrimp cook to perfection.. With pitcher of their Margaritha , we had wonderful Mexican dinner! Definitely recommended for people who love spicy Mexican food, and we will come back to this restaurant when we come back to Atlantic City again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Los Amigos AC OKBruJuDined on 2/14/2014Not the same as years ago but then again what is. Good for meal that has no special meaning. Had hockey game that night and it was close by.Special Features:
- Best Mex in AC...ESKIDined on 2/7/2014Looking for Mexican food in AC look no further than this skinny little gem of a restaurant. Los Amigos is in easy walking distance of the convention center, sitting on the east end of the outlet mall next to the Hospital. The guacamole is awesome as is their mole sauce. You can make a meal out of the addictive chip & salsa and margaritas so go easy in those chips! The Divorciado Burritto is Huge, you'll like it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceStarlenyDined on 1/18/2014As soon as we walked in we were seated. The waiter was SUPER friendly and helpful. The food was really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the food, serviceIl9091VIPDined on 1/4/2014We enjoyed the food, service was good and quick, recommend this place for authentic Mexican cuisineSpecial Features:
- will returngoodfoodDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I were there on New Years Eve, we had passed this place a number of times, we had always wented to try it out, The food was graet, we both had the seafood plate, and a large pitcher of the sangria, we also loved the colorful walls and tables, very nice setting. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeJerseyDDined on 11/30/2013The surrounding area near this restaurant has seen a dramatic improvement as the newer outlet shops have developed around it. Los Amigos continues to offer great margaritas and a relatively wide menu. On the most recent visit, our service was great and the food was still awesome. I wish they would bring the chicken criollo back to the menu and extend their hours (at least on Friday and Sat nights). They close to early on the weekends. In the older days of AC, this was the place to hang out for late night food and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun times for friendsLuvstheyummyDined on 11/22/2013Great time to be had here at Los Amigos. Hadn't been in years. Came back for the Delish food And yummy margaritas. Great group environment. They pushed together lots of tables for our party of 10. The tall chocolate kahlua toffee mousse made for a better scene than watched in Harry Met Sally. Our group went wild for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Lunch PlaceEJAPDined on 11/21/2013Always a must whenever I am in AC. Great place, bar and food!Special Features:
- Made a reservation for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2013Made a reservation for our party of six at the last minute. Food was great and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedThomasDined on 10/19/2013Based on some of the online reviews I was apprehensive to dine at Los Amigos. However, I had a very good experience. The specials were interesting and the menu had a good variety to choose from. Our server was attentive, creating a nice flow to our dinner. The food was delicious. Note, a basket of chips and salsa are complimentary with your meal, contrary to online reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat at homeDanBVIPDined on 9/28/2013The fish tacos were overcooked, the fajitas were greasy, the guacamole was flavorless. All in all, the food was poorly prepared. With two glasses of sangria, the bill was over $70. Too expensive for disappointing Mexican food. On the positive side, the service was efficient.
- Love it!Foodiex5Dined on 8/15/2013My fiancée & I love this place. He loved the beer/cocktail selection. Food is amaze! I ordered the sampler which was kind of a disappointment because they gave you tiny mini samplers that wasn't worth the $12. My fiancée ordered smothered burritos and loved it! It was so big he couldn't finish it! Great place! We'll be back!Special Features:
- The food was good, I haveNYorkerWannabeDined on 8/5/2013The food was good, I have had better mexican food but it was still very decent. The prices were reasonable and the service was quick. I ordered the quesadilla and my bf had beef fajitas with the corn tortillas. For you celiacs, good place to dine in Atlantic City because they have a gluten-free menu. Drinks were good too. It's in the area where the outlets are so we shopped there in the afternoon and went for dinner across the street. The place was easy to find and despite it's small size, quite roomy; the tables had good spacing between them. I would come back.I would recommend this to a friend.