Loring Kitchen and Bar
1359 Willow Street
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Loring Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loringkitchen.com/
- Phone: 6128430400x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Loring Kitchen & Bar offers many areas for hosting your special event, whether your event is a grooms dinner, business meeting, holiday party or corporate function. Whether you prefer passed appetizers, buffet or plated service we are happy to customize an event for your group's needs.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Lindstrom 8778604296
- Cross Street: Grant
- Public Transit: There are many Public Transit options close by on Hennepin or Nicollet. Bus Route 25 stops right in front of the restaurant on Willow Street.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complementary Valet is available at 5pm daily, at 9am Saturday and Sunday, and from 11am-2pm Monday through Friday.
A word from Loring Kitchen and Bar
Situated on Loring Park in the heart of Minneapolis, Loring Kitchen and Bar features delicious food and an enticing bar. A neighborhood kitchen with destination appeal, we feature contemporary cuisine in a comfortable and inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Loring Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Loring Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (92)neighborhood gem (69)scenic view (47)great for brunch (46)fit for foodies (22)great for lunch (22)good for groups (20)special occasion (16)romantic (15)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (12)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Service was greatbtmlssmimosasDined on 8/31/2014I wish I remembered the name of the gentleman that took care of us for brunch that morning because he was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loring Park Neighborhood LocationDickBobGDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I went to the Loring Kitchen as a last minute idea. We were quite impressed with the menu and Flatbread Pizza we had. It was very good. The ingredients on the pizza were quite tasty, and the thin crust was just as we like it. Our server, Corey, did a nice job taking care of us, but then again the restaurant was not very busy. The wine list, while limited, covered most of the different wine regions.Special Features:
- Very friendly peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014I did not eat. Stooped by for a glass of wine with friends and left before they had dinner. The Host and waiter were very friendly. Will go back for dinner some time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad menu changeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/25/2014Burgers and Chicken Sandwich taken off the dinner menu? Bad move. I had the pizza and it was tiny.Special Features:
- Getting betterkaydinesoutVIPDined on 8/24/2014Dinner food and menu are improving here after new chef began. Good strawberry salad. Like the add-ons, especially the crabcake. Glad sweet potato fries have returned to the menu. Lots of outdoor dining across from Loring Park. Good weekend brunch, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite brunch spotbtmlssmimosasDined on 8/24/2014Friends and I often frequent LKB for their bottomless mimosa Sunday brunch. It's always a fabulous time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best In Town!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014LKB continues to be the best dining experience in Loring and in fact all of downtown. Fantastic staff, great food, wonderful atmosphere. Can't recommend it enough!Special Features:
- Decline in Food with New ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014Loring recently installed a new chef, which has involved a fairly drastic change in menu and quality of food. Our mussels were not properly prepared, with grit and even a rock that almost broke a tooth. Our pasta dish was made with the wrong pasta variety, using recooked, limp pasta added to fresh pasta. This is not what I had come to expect from a place that I had previously enjoyed for a variety of fresh, inventive dishes. The scene on a Friday night, usually packed and lively was dead, testament to the fact that I am not the only one who has noticed a marked decline in the level of dining for a once bright spot in the Loring Park area. The cocktails remain its only source of comfort.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Great outdoor patio. Food was also very good. Our server inside for dinner was excellent but our server on the patio was kind of crabbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014I requested a quiet spot because 2 diners have trouble hearing. We were seated in the back in almost a private room.... 3 sides had glass walls. It was SUPER!!!!! The best dining experience we have had together and we so appreciated and enjoyed our evening. Thanks for reading and FILLING the request I made on the reservation.
- Service HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014We sat there for 15 minutes a servers walked past us several times. We finally had to ask them to bring us water and a menu.Special Features:
- Not its usual good qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2014This is a neighborhood eatery that we have frequented at least 60 times since opening. Tuesday night was highlighted by fair food and slow service. It took too long to be waited on, the Steak and Blue Salad, usually the best in the cities, was very different with way too many greens and very little blue cheese. My granddaughter had plain pasta, and ordered a second plate, which never came so we finally cancelled it. I have noticed recently that the servers keep changing and there is little consistency in the wait staff. We surely hope that this great spot just had a bad night!
- DisappointingPaulDined on 8/12/2014I had brought an out of town guest to the Loring Kitchen for dinner. normally love the Loring Kitchen, but this time, the food was fair at best. We both ordered the Walleye, which was okay, but the risotto was overly salty and very oily. The cauliflower was okay, but nothing out of this world. Service was great, but overall I'm disappointed.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Erin was our server on 8/13 for lunch, and she was great. Though she had a ton of tables, she managed everything really well. Great food and even better service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner With Visitorsnodule1Dined on 8/9/2014We took a MSP guest visitor to Loring Kitchen and Bar, The salad and scallops were delicious, The bread not so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the patioMrsBensonDined on 8/4/2014I took two colleagues for lunch who are from LA and the couldn't get over the adorable patio, fresh ingredients and nice servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gatheringtime2getherDined on 8/3/2014Comfortable, welcoming atmosphere. Neighborhood gathering feel. Spacious seating/family friendly. Brunch cuisine our only "taste" thus far. Definitely appreciate the hot plates/presentation. Service was spotty on this visit, unlike our first experience. We will return.Special Features:
- Breakfast on Sunday 8/3/14Kw01Dined on 8/3/2014We had breakfast... Friendly atmosphere. Omelette was salty! Carmel roll was wonderful!! My guests had coffee no one asked if they would like a refill. On line says GF friendly. No GF menu and no GF markings on menu. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Did not honor our request for portico dining--when we asked 2 days in advance via phone- very disappointing Not sure if it is because we went thru open table- 2ond time this has happened with open table- I think I will Go back to the old fashion way-phone and see if it makes a differenceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014Excellent food and service with a great patio setting! My client was very impressed.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceStillHungryDined on 7/27/2014I went to loring kitchen for brunch with a friend. We sat down and ordered our drinks and food right away. We both ordered sandwiches with no modifications. After sitting there for 45 minutes and no food. We asked to speak to a manager. Then our server appeared and said our food would be out any minute. 10 minutes later, no food. We asked another buss-boy to find us the manager. We were both very hungry and upset. It was apporching 2:00 when they stopped serving brunch and the resturant was clearing out. We had been there for more than an hour with no food and no manager to ask what was going on, we walked out. I have never left anywhere without paying so we went up to the bar and told the bartender that we were leaving. Very bad service
- get the caramel rollAmaezmDined on 7/27/2014just do it... you're carb coma will thank you. LKB is always delicious with friendly (and attractive) wait staff. The bottomless mimosa on brunch is almost intimidating with the amour of champagne and OJ you can drink. LKB is always a good spot to hit.Special Features:
- Great outdoor seating, service sosovegeaterDined on 7/25/2014Perfect for summer dining, with two options for outdoor seating, and also tables just inside but in front of large open window/doors. The food for lunch was good. The service was inattentive- mixed up an order, wanted to bring the check before asking about desert or coffee. It was not crowded at the time.Special Features:
- Best of both settingsLeLuDined on 7/23/2014The Loring provides you outdoor experience on a summer night while sitting inside the restaurant with it's open doors arrangement. We enjoyed the sun set and a light breeze from our table. The place was bustling so service was a little slow, but efficient when the waitress arrived. Our steak salad was nicely done, meat cooked to our liking and light dressing on crisp salad greens tasty. The delicious moist carrot cake topped off the meal.Special Features:
- tal378Dined on 7/21/2014Expected something a little better. Service was fair. The wait staff had to keep checking with the kitchen to answer our menu questions. The drinks were very very weak and almost seemed watered down, that includes the martini!. The food was blah and the gluten free pizza had a nice crust but was nothing special. There were hardly any toppings on it. I probably not recommend this restaurant, which is really too bad since I had looked forward to going here.Special Features:
- Love this Place!KBDFDined on 7/20/2014I have been to the Loring Kitchen a few times now during various times of the day. The service has always been top notch! The food is delicious and you can't go wrong with a bottomless Mimosa for brunch. It's a fabulous neighborhood establishment which I would highly recommend!Special Features:
- CamilleDined on 7/16/2014Food and service are always top notch! Enjoyable comfortable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKBxtrGuyDined on 7/13/2014I believe the food has gone south here since the new chef started. The location and atmosphere is GREAT! The food needs work!Special Features:
- Great food, service iffyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Fresh food, fish dishes fantastically prepared. Raspberry salad crisp and large, big enough to share. Service not great. Took way too long to even be acknowledged. Forgot a salad, sat around waiting for bill. I'd still recommend as it's great space and food amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRayaDined on 7/5/2014I regularly go to Loring Kitchen and it's one of my favorite spots. They always have great food with very reasonable prices. The service is very good and they will try their best to accommodate your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst ServiceBABCDined on 6/22/2014We made a reservation because we thought it would be busy on Sundays. We got seated right away and the restaurant was half full. It took over 10 minutes for someone to bring us water and after another 15 minutes waiting for our server we walked out. I have been to the Loring several times and it has never had exceptionally great service but good brunch, but after this event I won't be returning.Special Features:
- Would returnKayBDined on 6/20/2014Free valet parking, good food , excellent wait staff-what's not to like?Special Features:
- RobertDined on 6/20/2014The food was horrible. The appetizer and both meals were poor. It is a shame because the atmosphere (outside) was spectacular. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Bleah!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014The service was terrible. When the waiter asked me if I wanted more club soda, I said no, and he took the club soda that I was drinking away from me and away. He wasn't evening listening. I would never ever ever go back to this place. Poor service and very mediocre food. Sorry, it's Eli's from now on.
- Great Date Night!LauraDined on 6/14/2014We went here for our anniversary and were very pleased with the service, atmosphere, and food. We ordered a bottle of wine, but it had gone bad, so we asked if we could send it back and order something else. They were very accommodating and didn't make us feel awkward for doing that. The food was very delicious, and after dinner they brought over free surprise dessert because it was our anniversary! We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Always greatChezanimalhairDined on 6/14/2014We normally go for happy hour, but we've done brunch twice now. The food is fantastic (especially the pancakes for brunch - the Mac and cheese for happy hour) and the service is always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/13/2014We would definitely go back again! The food was delicious and the service was just great!Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere with the CrowdAttitudeVIPDined on 6/8/2014Management staff needs to lose the attitude, there are many find eating establishments in town and there are many restaurants that would love to take me Sunday Brunch business. Food was fine, service took 50 minutes which the management staff find acceptable when mentioned to them. Comped drinks and provided a small token in a gift card. I will think twice about returning even with the gift card.
- Love LOVE BrunchcmwittDined on 6/8/2014I absolutely loved having brunch at Loring Park Kitchen & Bar!! The bottomless mimosas were tasty and readily refilled by the friendly staff. I had the steak and eggs with hash browns and it was AMAZING! Steak was perfectly cooked and the hash browns melted in my mouth. I had my eggs scrambled and they perfectly fluffy and cooked well. I don't normally "do brunch" but this was hands-down, one of the best brunches I had ever had!Special Features:
- Great casual dinner!mplsljnVIPDined on 6/5/2014First time at the Loring Kitchen, and I will be back. Had the house red wine, which was delicious. Also had a fabulous pizza - so good I almost ordered another one. The server really knew the menu and the food ingredients, as my companion has a limited diet. The patio was very nice on a warm June evening. The only down side is that we ordered bread before dinner that never came.Special Features: