Loring Kitchen and Bar
1359 Willow Street
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Loring Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loringkitchen.com/
- Phone: 6128430400x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Loring Kitchen & Bar offers many areas for hosting your special event, whether your event is a grooms dinner, business meeting, holiday party or corporate function. Whether you prefer passed appetizers, buffet or plated service we are happy to customize an event for your group's needs.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Lindstrom 8778604296
- Cross Street: Grant
- Public Transit: There are many Public Transit options close by on Hennepin or Nicollet. Bus Route 25 stops right in front of the restaurant on Willow Street.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complementary Valet is available at 5pm daily, at 9am Saturday and Sunday, and from 11am-2pm Monday through Friday.
A word from Loring Kitchen and Bar
Situated on Loring Park in the heart of Minneapolis, Loring Kitchen and Bar features delicious food and an enticing bar. A neighborhood kitchen with destination appeal, we feature contemporary cuisine in a comfortable and inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Loring Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Loring Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (67)neighborhood gem (57)scenic view (37)great for brunch (33)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (16)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (13)good for groups (12)special occasion (12)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- First time dinersloopyDined on 10/3/2014Great service and outstanding dinner. Very accommodating staff. Were seated at a great table next to the window. Was a little chilly and the staff gladly moved us to another table near the bar. Knowledgeable staff regarding the menu items. Will return again.Special Features:
- Tremendous food and scenic viewdanielgerdesDined on 9/27/2014The food was superb, and it was served by courteous and friendly waitstaff. The view over Loring Park is gorgeous at sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for lunchlunchdateDined on 9/27/2014We were hoping to celebrate our 46 engagement anniversary on Saturday. At 1 pm they were serving brunch with no lunch items on the menu. Altho we made reservations, if we wanted an outside table we would have to wait for 5 other parties who did not make reservations, even tho there were empty tables. The hostess was not very welcoming. We were seated inside near an open door which was fine. But within 3 tables, around the corner was a very loud raucous table of 10. We could not hear our selves talk. We left without ordering. The valet people were quite nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014there is a nice selection and reasonable pricing for the happy hour dining. A great place to watch the sun set behind the parkSpecial Features:
- Great findTimothyDined on 9/20/2014Love FourSquare for finding this gem. Great place, wonderful server and food. Great greeting from the valet parking, hostess and server. Samantha was awesome!Special Features:
- Mostly GoodDowntownerDined on 9/13/2014We decided to have a "Date Night" and go for dinner before a concert. We came early so we were able to avoid sitting at the long banquette against one wall, but the window tables were full. We had the walleye and the special short ribs and both were prepared well and served in a reasonable length of time. Our server was pleasant, helped with our choices and was able to answer all of our questions. That being said, we didn't think the dishes were a very good value, especially the short ribs (actually rib, not plural). While everything was good, given the portions sizes and plate offerings they were probably priced about 20% too high. Would we go back? Yes but not as often as we might.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous BrunchMNFoodieDined on 9/6/2014We went for brunch this past Saturday and had a wonderful experience. The food was absolutely top-notch and who could turn down a $10 bottomless mimosa! If you have 2 or more people in your dining party, you should not pass up caramel roll - Oooey Gooey goodness drenched in homemade caramel sauce. Aside from the food, our waiter was timely and friendly. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a must go!GraniteMamaDined on 9/2/2014The atmosphere is relaxed and inviting. Service was excellent and I really appreciated the fact that we were not rushed through our meal. Our server was on top of everything without being intrusive. The food is fresh and flavorful. I will return and recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- lovely food, service and ambianceTJdinerDined on 8/31/2014The day was a little windy for outside dining personally, so asked for inside. The table we were seated on was both! Inside and out with a lovely view of the patio and Loring Park and protected from the wind. I lived at the Oak Grove Loring Park south as a cast member of the Guthrie theater in the 1975-76 season so it was a bit nostalgic as well. Our dishes were prepared perfectly and served professionally and quickly. Love to come back and try the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was greatbtmlssmimosasDined on 8/31/2014I wish I remembered the name of the gentleman that took care of us for brunch that morning because he was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gracieDined on 8/31/2014I had never eaten there before so I was a little hesitant to suggest it but I sent the link to the Brunch menu to the people I was going with and they were sold. Staff was helpful with suggestions, service was fast but not rushed. Food was wonderful! I'm recommending it to all my friends and can't wait to try lunch and dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loring Park Neighborhood LocationDickBobGDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I went to the Loring Kitchen as a last minute idea. We were quite impressed with the menu and Flatbread Pizza we had. It was very good. The ingredients on the pizza were quite tasty, and the thin crust was just as we like it. Our server, Corey, did a nice job taking care of us, but then again the restaurant was not very busy. The wine list, while limited, covered most of the different wine regions.Special Features:
- Very friendly peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014I did not eat. Stooped by for a glass of wine with friends and left before they had dinner. The Host and waiter were very friendly. Will go back for dinner some time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad menu changeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/25/2014Burgers and Chicken Sandwich taken off the dinner menu? Bad move. I had the pizza and it was tiny.Special Features:
- Getting betterkaydinesoutVIPDined on 8/24/2014Dinner food and menu are improving here after new chef began. Good strawberry salad. Like the add-ons, especially the crabcake. Glad sweet potato fries have returned to the menu. Lots of outdoor dining across from Loring Park. Good weekend brunch, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite brunch spotbtmlssmimosasDined on 8/24/2014Friends and I often frequent LKB for their bottomless mimosa Sunday brunch. It's always a fabulous time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best In Town!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014LKB continues to be the best dining experience in Loring and in fact all of downtown. Fantastic staff, great food, wonderful atmosphere. Can't recommend it enough!Special Features:
- Decline in Food with New ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014Loring recently installed a new chef, which has involved a fairly drastic change in menu and quality of food. Our mussels were not properly prepared, with grit and even a rock that almost broke a tooth. Our pasta dish was made with the wrong pasta variety, using recooked, limp pasta added to fresh pasta. This is not what I had come to expect from a place that I had previously enjoyed for a variety of fresh, inventive dishes. The scene on a Friday night, usually packed and lively was dead, testament to the fact that I am not the only one who has noticed a marked decline in the level of dining for a once bright spot in the Loring Park area. The cocktails remain its only source of comfort.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Great outdoor patio. Food was also very good. Our server inside for dinner was excellent but our server on the patio was kind of crabbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014I requested a quiet spot because 2 diners have trouble hearing. We were seated in the back in almost a private room.... 3 sides had glass walls. It was SUPER!!!!! The best dining experience we have had together and we so appreciated and enjoyed our evening. Thanks for reading and FILLING the request I made on the reservation.
- Service HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014We sat there for 15 minutes a servers walked past us several times. We finally had to ask them to bring us water and a menu.Special Features:
- Not its usual good qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2014This is a neighborhood eatery that we have frequented at least 60 times since opening. Tuesday night was highlighted by fair food and slow service. It took too long to be waited on, the Steak and Blue Salad, usually the best in the cities, was very different with way too many greens and very little blue cheese. My granddaughter had plain pasta, and ordered a second plate, which never came so we finally cancelled it. I have noticed recently that the servers keep changing and there is little consistency in the wait staff. We surely hope that this great spot just had a bad night!
- DisappointingPaulDined on 8/12/2014I had brought an out of town guest to the Loring Kitchen for dinner. normally love the Loring Kitchen, but this time, the food was fair at best. We both ordered the Walleye, which was okay, but the risotto was overly salty and very oily. The cauliflower was okay, but nothing out of this world. Service was great, but overall I'm disappointed.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Erin was our server on 8/13 for lunch, and she was great. Though she had a ton of tables, she managed everything really well. Great food and even better service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner With Visitorsnodule1Dined on 8/9/2014We took a MSP guest visitor to Loring Kitchen and Bar, The salad and scallops were delicious, The bread not so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the patioMrsBensonDined on 8/4/2014I took two colleagues for lunch who are from LA and the couldn't get over the adorable patio, fresh ingredients and nice servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gatheringtime2getherDined on 8/3/2014Comfortable, welcoming atmosphere. Neighborhood gathering feel. Spacious seating/family friendly. Brunch cuisine our only "taste" thus far. Definitely appreciate the hot plates/presentation. Service was spotty on this visit, unlike our first experience. We will return.Special Features:
- Breakfast on Sunday 8/3/14Kw01Dined on 8/3/2014We had breakfast... Friendly atmosphere. Omelette was salty! Carmel roll was wonderful!! My guests had coffee no one asked if they would like a refill. On line says GF friendly. No GF menu and no GF markings on menu. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Did not honor our request for portico dining--when we asked 2 days in advance via phone- very disappointing Not sure if it is because we went thru open table- 2ond time this has happened with open table- I think I will Go back to the old fashion way-phone and see if it makes a differenceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014Excellent food and service with a great patio setting! My client was very impressed.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceStillHungryDined on 7/27/2014I went to loring kitchen for brunch with a friend. We sat down and ordered our drinks and food right away. We both ordered sandwiches with no modifications. After sitting there for 45 minutes and no food. We asked to speak to a manager. Then our server appeared and said our food would be out any minute. 10 minutes later, no food. We asked another buss-boy to find us the manager. We were both very hungry and upset. It was apporching 2:00 when they stopped serving brunch and the resturant was clearing out. We had been there for more than an hour with no food and no manager to ask what was going on, we walked out. I have never left anywhere without paying so we went up to the bar and told the bartender that we were leaving. Very bad service
- get the caramel rollAmaezmDined on 7/27/2014just do it... you're carb coma will thank you. LKB is always delicious with friendly (and attractive) wait staff. The bottomless mimosa on brunch is almost intimidating with the amour of champagne and OJ you can drink. LKB is always a good spot to hit.Special Features:
- Great outdoor seating, service sosovegeaterVIPDined on 7/25/2014Perfect for summer dining, with two options for outdoor seating, and also tables just inside but in front of large open window/doors. The food for lunch was good. The service was inattentive- mixed up an order, wanted to bring the check before asking about desert or coffee. It was not crowded at the time.Special Features:
- Best of both settingsLeLuDined on 7/23/2014The Loring provides you outdoor experience on a summer night while sitting inside the restaurant with it's open doors arrangement. We enjoyed the sun set and a light breeze from our table. The place was bustling so service was a little slow, but efficient when the waitress arrived. Our steak salad was nicely done, meat cooked to our liking and light dressing on crisp salad greens tasty. The delicious moist carrot cake topped off the meal.Special Features:
- tal378Dined on 7/21/2014Expected something a little better. Service was fair. The wait staff had to keep checking with the kitchen to answer our menu questions. The drinks were very very weak and almost seemed watered down, that includes the martini!. The food was blah and the gluten free pizza had a nice crust but was nothing special. There were hardly any toppings on it. I probably not recommend this restaurant, which is really too bad since I had looked forward to going here.Special Features:
- Love this Place!KBDFDined on 7/20/2014I have been to the Loring Kitchen a few times now during various times of the day. The service has always been top notch! The food is delicious and you can't go wrong with a bottomless Mimosa for brunch. It's a fabulous neighborhood establishment which I would highly recommend!Special Features:
- CamilleDined on 7/16/2014Food and service are always top notch! Enjoyable comfortable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKBxtrGuyDined on 7/13/2014I believe the food has gone south here since the new chef started. The location and atmosphere is GREAT! The food needs work!Special Features:
- Great food, service iffyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Fresh food, fish dishes fantastically prepared. Raspberry salad crisp and large, big enough to share. Service not great. Took way too long to even be acknowledged. Forgot a salad, sat around waiting for bill. I'd still recommend as it's great space and food amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRayaDined on 7/5/2014I regularly go to Loring Kitchen and it's one of my favorite spots. They always have great food with very reasonable prices. The service is very good and they will try their best to accommodate your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 702 reviews are from the Loring Kitchen and Bar reviews archive.