1490 Fifth Ave South Suite 101
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lorientnaples.com/
- Phone: 2395305110
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Eddy Thretipthuangsin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from L'Orient
Exquisite Asian CuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
L'Orient reviews from OpenTable diners
- the restaurant was out ofalracVIPDined on 5/10/2013the restaurant was out of a few less expensive wines (bottle) perhaps because of the season, there were only a couple of tables filledSpecial Features:
- better to go to Bonefish up the wayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013very overpriced and generally had better food from our local CHinese takeaway in Saxilby , UK. Which is probably why the place was empty and lacking in ambience. View is stunning though over the marina,
- Great food but restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013Great food but restaurant very quiet. Only two tables occupied which does not make for a great ambience.Special Features:
- Best mealRickbDined on 4/15/2013It has been the best meal we have had in Naples. I was surprised it was not crowded as the food was excellent. We normally dine on 5th or 3rd and found this gem while visiting the marina. We will return soon.Special Features:
- food average/mildly aboveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2013food average/mildly above average; service by Mont outstanding :) had kung pao chix and general tso's chix; wouldn't return mainly price point vs food taste
- Absolutely, some of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/4/2013Absolutely, some of the best food in Naples and could compete with any Asian restaurant in NYC, LA, etc. I'm afraid this is a little too far off of the main drag (5th Ave or 3rd St) that it won't get the traffic that it deserves. This place is a gem and I'd hate to see it go because it's a little out of the way.Special Features:
- Been here three times now,MikeVIPDined on 4/2/2013Been here three times now, unfortunately fairly empty to about third full each time. Don't understand why, because everything about this restaurant is good. It seems that 3rd and 5th are taking all the diners, leaving little left over for L'Orient. Don't be put off, it's definitely worth a visit for Asian Food. We all loved it.Special Features:
- The food is fabulous! ItdisappointedVIPDined on 3/28/2013The food is fabulous! It is a little hard to find but worth the trip. I would go back any time.Special Features:
- DisappointedFunInTheSunVIPDined on 3/16/2013What a disappointment. They changed the menu.A very limited selection. The food was not hot.
- There was no others at theRoseanneg50VIPDined on 3/16/2013There was no others at the restaurant and when we left there was only 1 more table. Not many choices for entrees or for anything else. The restaurant has so much potential due to great location.
- POOR...POOR...POOROpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2013The food was fair to OK. We had a very arrogant Albanian waiter that provided very poor service. Mind you for a Friday evening at 7:oo we were one of three tables occupied. He couldn't make a bloody mary or a manhatten due to not having the ingredients. He said; "Hey your in an Asian resturant". He also would not provide seperate checks stating it was a resturant policy. If you want Asian Fusion food spend a bit more and go to Roy's which is always outstanding......
- It was distracting being justOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2013It was distracting being just about the only people in the place. Survival may be an issue. We accidentally walked into Bonefish next door and they were very busy. Food was okay.
- Will definitely returnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013We ate at L'Orient two times while staying at the marina at Naples Bay. We tried several different items on the menu and they were all excellent. Our server on both occasions was Josh and he did an outstanding job. We would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- The food is excellent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/6/2013The food is excellent, but restaurant could use some effervescence, someone to travel table to table greeting diners and asking about dinner experience. Our waiter was great, but personal ambiance was missing.Special Features:
- Great find, all dishes wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2013Great find, all dishes were beautifully presented, flavorful and cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Great Thai Food with Water ViewfoodbuffDined on 2/20/2013Three of us went. Two ordered cabbage salad (outstanding). One ordered Curried Shrimp Soup (Thai style) which was also very good. Curried chicken very tasty--partner liked it also. Salmon dinner very good. Tuna entree average. Restaurant is beautifully done and has nice outside seating area on the bay with lovely view. Service was quite good. Biggest concern is that there were very few people and it is peak season. Location is a bit out of the way, so people don't think to try it. That is a mistake--it is worth a stop. We will go back again. Ask for outside seating or a table inside with water view.Special Features:
- Terrible service, overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Valentines Day........pouring rain, no valet. Got there a little early in order to sample one of the cocktails featured on their website, sat down at the bar....no bartender. Never did get a drink. Finally went back to the hostess and asked to be seated, which we were. The service was incredibly slow, especially given that they weren't as busy as you would expect them to be on Valentines Day. The food was good, but wayyyyyyyy overpriced especially given the level of service. There wasn't a Manager in sight, either. I will never go back and I doubt that this place will be here next year. There are too many really good places to eat around here to bother with this one.
- Waited for about 30 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Waited for about 30 minutes for somebody to come and serves us. End up just leaving the restaurant. Really poor service.
- DisorganizedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Good food but disorganized service. Arrived with wet coats and umbrella. Nobody offered to take them until we pointed this out. Seated us at a table too noisy for conversation. We asked to be moved to another unoccupied table. Told they had a resrvation. Replied that we also had a reservation (the room was not filled), and asked for our coats. Started to leave but the door a waiter asked if there was a problem and led us to an empty quieter table and took our coats again . No further appproach for about 15 minutes. Nobody asked if we wanted drinks. Finally ordered two glasses of prosecco. When delivered waiter said that was the last of the prosecco (!), and it was somewhat flat. Inadequate staff, but ultimately pretty good ser
- Just So SoBonnieVIPDined on 2/9/2013The restaurant was very empty. That tells you something. The food was just okay and very expensive for asian food.Special Features:
- An excellent choice run don't walkantiquetravlerVIPDined on 2/5/2013I have been coming to Naples for years from CT and always dissapointed at the lack of sophistiicated fresh imaginative cuisine. L'Orient has solved that for me the ahi tuna was the best anywhere. The Asian slaw perfectly dressed with a hint of hot, and the Chilean sea bass. Absolutely perfect on crisp fresh seasonal vegetables. Run don't walk to this hidden gemSpecial Features:
- Located in the space thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/28/2013Located in the space that had been Olio's Restaurant and with the same decor, L'Orient is a pretty spot inside and out with tables by the water. Our service was professional and the food was delicious and nicely presented. However, the restaurant was practically empty which took away from the atmosphere, and the food was expensive, $26 for shrimp with vegetables.Special Features:
- Simply the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/2013Food, wine, service, ambience --- all were excellent. My mother and I travelled to Naples and stayed at the Maples Bay Resort, dining at the restaurant there (L'Orient the first night (after a long drive). What a complete surprise.... that a restaurant located at a resort could be SO GOOD! The outdoor seating, overlooking the Tuscany-themed marina, was a special treat, not to be outdone by the shrimp dishes and wine. The "duck fried rice" was simply incredible. Overall.... FANTASTIC! We shall return.Special Features:
- Food was very good, a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/19/2013Food was very good, a little pricey for what you get since portions are small. Pork belly was excellent.
- Hidden Gem - great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013We'd seen that the restaurant opened in Naples Bay Resort a little while back, but it took me a little while to convince my husband to eat there since he sometimes doesn't like to try new places (sticks to the tried and true). Had reservations at 7 PM on a Friday in-season, but there still weren't many people in there. I think actually their location hurts them a bit because its a little off the beaten path. HOWEVER, the atomophere was great, nice decoration with a cool vibe. Bar is nice too. We had an outstanding waiter who was very excited about every dish he described! Tried some of their original cocktails, very good. Had steak special and sea bass - sea bass was outstanding and very generous. Would definitely go back! Give it a try!Special Features:
- A wonderful addition to Naples.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/10/2013A wonderful addition to Naples. Just across the bridge from Fifth Avenue... no traffic jams or swarms of people... just a hip, modern decor... delicious food prepared by a talented chef with a charming staff. Great wine list... lovely views of the water and you can sit inside or out!Special Features:
- A hidden Naples gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/8/2013L'Orient consistently delivers excellent Asian fusion food and great service. Our waiter was animated, entertaining and efficient without being annoying or over-attentive. The restaurant is located in the Naples Bay Resort area, on US 41 east, just east of Tin City. It is accessed by walking down a dock area which is surrounded by high end condos and some very nice boats! The outside seating overlooks this dock area and is very pretty. The inside dining area is also very attractive. The six of us in our party were all very impressed with our various appetizers and entrees. My only concern is that on our Tuesday evening visit, the restaurant did not have many patrons. It is certainly worth finding!Special Features:
- If you are looking for highJayTVIPDined on 1/2/2013If you are looking for high end Asian cuisine in an very attractive setting , L'Orient is a good choice.Special Features:
- Definitely not worth the $$OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Had New Years Eve dinner here last night. We were all excited and looking forward to it as we had heard so many good things about it. It fell quite short of expectations. We knew it would be expensive, but a $300+ bill for 4 people and we actually thought about stopping at 5 Guys on the way home cause we were still hungry. We would only go back if it was just for drinks and appetizers and of course the view. Tuna Tartar was great, the ceviche fresh ,the dumplings very very good. The Tuna Tataki was dry and over cooked as was the sea Bass entree. The chicken dishes were horrible!! The kung pao very blah and the General Tsao's looked like burnt chicken fingers. Don't spend the $$ for dinner here, go for cocktails and appetizers only.Special Features:
- What a wonderful additionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012What a wonderful addition to the Naples food scene. The food was amazing! We had a party of 5 and everyone loved the appetizers and entrees. Notable dishes for us were, curry puffs, meatballs, the tasting menu and the Kung Pao! Wine list needs to be a little more diverse.Special Features:
- "Wow this is an experience"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2012"Wow this is an experience" Best restaurant in Naples!!! If you like asian fusion this is your place. Upscale in design, service, food, and price. Loved it. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- This is my 3rd visit. TheboygeorgeDined on 11/5/2012This is my 3rd visit. The menu has changed, and there is less oriental dishes. The dishes seem too homogeneous in taste, as the soy sauce used makes the food too sweet.
- Not your usual Chinese food.Gls48VIPDined on 10/24/2012Great food and preparation! Certainly not your usual Chinese dinner. Black sticky rice is a must try! Not very busy on the Wednesday night we were there - not sure why, food certainly deserves more patron attention. Will go back for sure.Special Features:
- AMAZING FOOD !!! Keep comingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2012AMAZING FOOD !!! Keep coming back and this place never disappoints its consistently great. The service is extremely attentive the food is great the menu selections are incredible the steaks and seabass special are the best in Naples, especially the cocktail you won't be able to get it ANYWHERE! it is outstanding. Try the pork spare rib, its to die for!!! Oh and the deserts are as equally special!!! try the L'Orient sundae its their signature desert,is a treat! Keep it up we'll keep coming back, I hope we can get a table in the season, with the amazing Chef I'm sure L'Orient will be a hot spot in season.Special Features:
- When we're in Naples we makeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2012When we're in Naples we make it a point to dine at L'Orient. The soy glazed sea bass is always excellent with its French/Asian influence. The decor is beautiful, the restaurant is immaculate and the servers uniforming helpful and friendly without being intrusive. Out-of-the-way location surely influences people finding it and pricing seems unusually high for some entrees.Special Features:
- Very Very expensive. Not aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Very Very expensive. Not a lot of food for the price of the meal. Go to PF Changs or Bonefish, better quality, food and less expensive. For $138 we were still hungry after we left the restuarant.
- We were the only table inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2012We were the only table in the place at 7pm reservation. The place is brand new clean and nice but the food was terrible. Since the business is struggling the menu is limited and not up to par. I hope they fix the problems. It was over priced as well.
- Nothing too special here.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2012Nothing too special here. Maybe they will get it together before season starts. Disappointing menu selection.
- Awesome food, great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2012Awesome food, great ambiance and great service, all you can ask for.Special Features:
- Food and service was verypellyDined on 7/28/2012Food and service was very good, not a busy Saturday night. Very long walk from the parking lot to the restaurant, don't think that this is a good location for a restaurant. We had a great waiter, don't remember his name.Special Features: