Lorenzo's Restaurant, Bar & Caberet - Hilton Garden Inn - SI
1100 South Ave.
Staten Island, NY 10314Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Lorenzo's Restaurant, Bar & Caberet - Hilton Garden Inn - SI
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lorenzosdining.com/
- Phone: 7184772400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm; Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter Bereza
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Enjoy piano music on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and throughout Sunday Brunch. A strolling guitarist entertains during Sunday Dinner. Tony, Grammy and Academy Award winning Cabaret performers and Tribute Bands take the stage on select Friday evenings.
Enjoy dancing in our Lobby Lounge with a DJ or a live band every Friday night from 9:30pm – 1:30am.
Join us for a nightcap on Saturday nights from 8:30pm – 12:00am at our Piano Bar Lobby Lounge. Entertainment provided by musicians from NYC's best piano bars.
A word from Lorenzo's Restaurant, Bar & Caberet - Hilton Garden Inn - SI
Lorenzo's Restaurant, Bar and Cabaret, our breathtakingly beautiful 150 seat restaurant, serves Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Daily. On Sunday enjoy our Jazz Brunch Buffet and Italian Dinner Buffet. Lorenzo's award winning Italian and Contemporary American cuisine, attentive service, a truly gorgeous art filled setting combined with live entertainment, makes your dining experience exceptional!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lorenzo's Restaurant, Bar & Caberet - Hilton Garden Inn - SI - Best Restaurants in Staten Island ›
Lorenzo's Restaurant, Bar & Caberet - Hilton Garden Inn - SI reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (8)good for groups (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (4)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- A real Gem!BillDined on 8/21/2014An outstanding experience---service, food and pianist were exceptional. Will come back as soon as possible!Special Features:
- Always a PleasureSQ44Dined on 8/9/2014We were celebrating my 70th birthday at Lorenzo's. We eat there approximately once a week. Everyone is always so welcoming, helpful (of course they all know us and what our preferences are). The food was very good. Since it was a very special year for me, the staff at Lorenzo's made it even more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LocationOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 8/6/2014This restaurant is easy to get to and has a beautiful decor and ambience. It is roomy with enough space between tables for private conversation. The food this time was not outstanding. I had risotto topped with blackened red snapper. The risotto was tasty but the snapper was tough. My friend and I ordered desserts. They seemed pre-made/boxed, were lukewarm and not at all what we expected. I would return and try other dishes but would skip desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014This is a very elegant and family friendly restaurant, food is great.Special Features:
- Always the best.DiningDamesDined on 5/21/2014I dine with friends a few times a year at Lorenzo's and we are ALWAYS pleased. The greetings, the service, THE FOOD, yummy. (It is so good, we eat it all!) Richard and Lois always come over to our groups to say "Hello" and we feel like family. My friends and I love having this wonderful, family friendly hotel/restaurant/catering hall right within a few minutes drive from where we live. Each time, it gets better and better. (How can they keep doing that????) Thank you for your work and friendship!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad We Tried ItSVORacerDined on 5/4/2014We were given a gift certificate for Lorenzo's. After at least 6 mounths, we decided to use it. Well..... we were pleasantly surprised with the ambiance, the service and the food. We will be back very soon and be happy to pay full price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunchRooqsDined on 5/4/2014Went to Lorenzo's for their Sunday brunch for the first time and thought it was excellent. A lot of variety was abailable, the food was delicious and fresh, service was excellent. Would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 40 reviews are from the Lorenzo's Restaurant, Bar & Caberet - Hilton Garden Inn - SI reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Food sucked, very expensive, not worth the money
- Surpassed ExpectationsOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 4/16/2014I was looking for a restaurant near a theater where I was going to see a. movie. With the name (restaurant, bar & caberet) and its location inside a Hilton Garden Inn, I wasn't expecting much other than the convenience of being close to the theater. What I got was an elegant setting with the service of fine dining. There were many good choices on the menu and very appealing daily specials. I would go here again and recommend it to others looking for a SI eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding PianistBillDined on 3/21/2014The food was great, ambiance romantic--but the highlight was the service and the pianist. I'll be back for sure!Special Features:
- Show n DineCTDATD6Dined on 3/14/2014I had a great time here seeing a great show. Dinning was outstanding. Menu could be increased because I felt it was not enough to chose from. Overall a great place to go and enjoy a nite outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were not informed of limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2014We were not informed of limited menu due to cabaret night so we were disappointed with the options. Food came out quickly so we are convinced it was served from a buffet. We were sat in a room off lobby also due to cabaret. Would have been nice to be informed of cabaret night on open table so we could have arranged for a table by the entertainment perhaps we would not have been focused on food quality. Overall the hilton hotel was nice, staff friendly and courteous and both bar/club scene were fun.Special Features:
- Romantic Evening at Lorenzo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2014I had considered going to this restaurant with my boyfriend only because of a gift certificate he won at a dance a year before. I made a copy for my own personal records (I was still in the honeymoon phase) and he kept the real document in a safe place, or so I thought. The restaurant still honored the copy and we had a nice evening. The food was a bit limiting, but still nice and Italian. Our waiter treated us as adults and was quite flustered, giving us 2 cokes accidentally instead of one and spilling water all over the table. And the guitarrist gladly played the Beatles for us, which was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time!JennDined on 2/22/2014Food was good, service was great. Nice hotel atmosphere with piano playing in the backgroundI would recommend this to a friend.
- still not sure!!!duce4000Dined on 2/22/2014had dinner sat. nite overall everything good. but my dinner chicken scarpiello nothing 2 rite home about. fair at best. not allot of flavor the biggest disappointment was my ceasar salad. although allot of it with allot of cheese no flavor at all no garlic at all. and i eat out every sat. nite. i will give them another shot but what to eat ????????????????????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantpuravidaVIPDined on 2/21/2014We had such a great meal...the service was fantastic and even Mr. Nicotra himself came to greet us...this restaurant is just great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentmam512aDined on 1/26/2014I had a surprise Birthday party for my sister this past Sunday, for 20 women. The fact that 2 days later I am still receiving text messages from the guests that they had such a great time and the food was so good, definitely says something about Lorenzo’s. The staff was very accommodating. I was so pleased with everything that I am going to book the same brunch for my son's graduation on February 23rd and once again for a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's 80thEDDIEDined on 12/7/2013We reserved Lorenzo's on line for my father-in-laws 80th birthday. My wife called Monday December 2 prior to Saturday December 7 for 7 people at 7:00 to find out if we can bring our own Birthday cake, which they said would be a good idea cause they only have cakes to accommodate 20 people. On our way up to Staten Island, Lorenzo's called us and asked me my father-in-laws name and stated they would put some stuff onto the table- when we got there- nothing was there and during the dinner, the owners walked around and were aware it was my father in laws 80th birthday, but they didn't do anything extra or make our event feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-SoBklyn11214Dined on 12/5/2013I have eaten here twice, hoping the second time would be better than the first. Sadly, it was not. The food is mediocre at best. The eggplant appetizers were very tough. I dined with 6 others and we were all of the same opinion that the food was just so-so.
- Great RestaurantNapoletanoDined on 12/1/2013Very comfortable ,relaxed,front desk very friendly but the waiters need more training no smiling at all !!!!! when we left we pass by and not even looked at us and when the waiter brought more prosciutto on the display he just DUMPED like potatoes in the tray !! But we will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertainment +BeukeboomDined on 11/13/2013Went here for the entertainment, which was very good. The food was okay because it was a limited menu and entertainment package. But I would recommend it for a very enjoyable night out with friends or just a couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for PartiesBrodie217Dined on 8/18/2013I had been here for a party, the food was great and I couldn't wait to go back to try their Sunday brunch. I was disappointed in the brunch which I found to be average and none of the food was particularly noteworthy. The chocolate fountain is a fun idea but the chocolate is so bad it's not even edible. The service was great, the wait staff was friendly and accommodating. I do suggest requesting to be seated away from the piano as it can be challenging to talk over the pianist playing. Overall, I would go back for a party but I am unlikely to return for or recommend brunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointingDearanijVIPDined on 8/13/2013We made reservations to have dinner at Lorenzo's in the Hiltoin Garden, because we were attending a function at the hotel that evening. When we entered the restaurant it looked great with waiters in tuxes and a very nice decor. It took us about 20 minutes from the time we were seated to the time the waiter finally came to our table. The service was very slow, and the food was only fair. My expectation of Lorenzo's far exceeded what they delivered. I probably won't be back.
- Birthday wishesEvelyn718Dined on 7/18/2013I had a wonderful time. We celebrated my 63rd birthday on the actual day, July 18th, 2013. We used the $25 gift certificate which I received through my email address. We have been there before and stayed there. We enjoy your latin dances also! We have missed a few latin events in the past but we hope to be able to go to the next one! Salsa at the Hilton is phenomenal! Our last Salsa at the Hilton was for the Easter Weekend 2012 if I remember correctly with Ismael Miranda playing. What a great night. Thank you! Evelyn Perez & Anibal Ramirez (a Hilton Honors Member!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- graduation lunchlovegoodfoodDined on 6/26/2013my daughter wanted to come to your restaurant for her High School graduation lunch...we were never there before. I have to say that we had a wonderful time!!! food was amazing, and the service was outstanding. It was also affordable for seven people. We were very happy to have celebrated at Lorenzo's. We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT NIGHT OUT. MUSIC WASLorenzosDined on 6/23/2013GREAT NIGHT OUT. MUSIC WAS OUTSTANDING. SUNDAY BRUNCH WAS SPECTACULER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happyMannyDined on 6/16/2013Not the same brunches I've been to in the past. Very disappointed food was not that good.
- Great place for a quiiet mealICONETTEDined on 6/14/2013My husband and I celebrate our anniversary every year at Lorenzo's because we had our wedding reception at Nicotra's ballroom. The staff is always friendly, the service and food are always great and you never feel rushed. There is usually some kind of entertainment as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my girlfriend and i have beembstsingsDined on 3/16/2013my girlfriend and i have beem here 4 times and always have a great time and stay overnight after a terrific dinner and cocktails at the bar......we recommend this place highly.....and when the owner comes over and shakes your hand, well, you know its a special place......Special Features:
- Outstanding service and attentionNotOKVIPDined on 3/9/2013Outstanding service and attention to details. Even reviewed my special requests made when makeing reservation and delivered 100%! Food was terrific, great evening!Special Features:
- the portions were small forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013the portions were small for the price that I paid with a limited menuSpecial Features:
- Quiet Monday night..celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/28/2013Quiet Monday night..celebrating birthday. Staff presented cake with candles without being directly told it was my husbands birthday (must have heard us talking). Very appreciated and thoughtful.Special Features:
- Dinner at Lorenzo's was asOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Dinner at Lorenzo's was as always very good. The wait staff was very attentive and courteous.Special Features:
- Because I visited on New Year'sdinerDined on 12/31/2012Because I visited on New Year's Eve, some waitstaff may have been hired for the evening and not familiar with the restaurant. There was a lot going on at the hotel that evening (wedding, special New Year's Eve Party) that may account for the poor service and less than excellent food.Special Features:
- Had a Niven lunch with myOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/20/2012Had a Niven lunch with my god daughter ( Christmas lunch). Only problem was I never received my 100 points for dining thereSpecial Features:
- favorite restaurant on S.IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012we have been coming here for the past few years at holiday time . this is the 1st time my family and i did brunch . it is my favorite restaurant on SI.Special Features:
- this was my third dining experiencebstsingsDined on 10/27/2012this was my third dining experience here and each time was very pleasurableand very nice......the food is always fresh , service great. and the piano player superb......we will be back again........and againSpecial Features:
- I was looking forward to yourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012I was looking forward to your apple crumb pie. You did not have it an longer. Disappointed.Special Features:
- i was given confirmation #OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012i was given confirmation # when i made the reservation online.....when i called last week to confirm, a young lady name MEGANSpecial Features:
- great ravioli!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012I LOVED MY TIME AT LORENZO'S RESTAURANT. I ESPECIALLY ENJOYED MY ENTREE OF GORGONZOLA. RAVIOLIS. WITH A WALNUT BROWN. BUTTER CREAM SAUCE. IT WAS DELICIOUS. IT WAS A CONTEST WINNER AND SPECIAL OF THE NIGHT. I DEFINITELY THINK IT SHPULD BE PART OF THE MENU PERMANENTLY. I WOULD WANT IT AGAIN! Thank you.Special Features: