1776 Collins Ave
Miami, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lorenzomiami.com/
- Phone: 7864831796x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:00pm - 11pm
Saturday - Sunday 4pm - 11pm
Saturday & Sunday 10am - 4pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: James Versfelt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant has a private dining room, the Wine Room, for up to 14 guests. For larger social gatherings and special events, guests may buy-out Lorenzo or use the hotel’s rooftop.
- Private Party Contact: Tristan Curtiss 7864831796x
A word from Lorenzo
Lorenzo is a casual elegant Italian restaurant from award-winning Chef Tony Mantuano, his first restaurant outside of Chicago. Lorenzo offers Chef Mantuano’s signature authentic Italian cuisine in a casual, contemporary setting. With ample indoor and alfresco seating, the restaurant will be open daily for lunch, dinner, cocktails and after-hours bites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lorenzo reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (7)special occasion (7)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- great food, OK serviceJuliaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was outstanding, but slow not so much great service. It seems it was too much for a waiter to spend time with us, and restaurant was almost empty. It is a great spot, waiters need a little education on being friendly.Special Features:
- Lorenzo R.I.P.MarcoVIPDined on 8/16/2014A terribly misguided Miami Herald food review, no doubt, helped doom Lorenzo (scheduled to close in late Aug 2014). Do yourself a favor a sample their cuisine: meatballs, grilled octopus, gnocchi w/ boar ragu, roasted prawns, scallops etc. This is tasty, tangy, slightly spicy Italian fare. Absolutely no underseasoning at Lorenzo. The zesty flavors burst in your mouth. We've greatly enjoyed, several times, the pleasant Open Kitchen Hotel Lobby chique casual ambience. I seriously hope that Tony Mantuano re-opens somewhere in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceFinediningfoodiesDined on 6/16/2014We tried a variety of items in the menu. The eggplant fries were amazing! Even my husband and daughter loved them and my husband does not like eggplant!! The gnocchi with Boar Bolognese sauce was mild, flavorful and enough for the three of us to share as an appetizer. I did not care for the Ravioli and our server quickly exchanged it for the grilled shrimp. Service was excellent and friendly, we will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- big disappointmentMartinPLDined on 6/15/2014I'm glad we went there for lunch only. Dirty cutlery, just ok food, unpleasant manager - the wine we ordered was not avaiable and we were offered mroe expensive wine only but at a higher price.
- Great Italian FoodRedSoxFanVIPDined on 6/10/2014Why isn't this restaurant busier? Seriously good food here, gnocchi with braised boar, treviso goat cheese and the pizzas are outstanding. All Italian wine list and gelato to take away. Book your reservation now and check it out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 33 reviews are from the Lorenzo reviews archive.
- Great Italian in south beachLex91Dined on 3/22/2014Try to get a table outside. Our server, Alesia was excellent, food was delicious and pretty reasonably priced. Great pasta and eggplant fries. The ONLY downside for me was that I wish there were more dessert selections, but there are still 3 which was fine! I would definitely return and recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate surpriseDallasitesDined on 3/22/2014We had been a couple of times and had a great experience. The service is always great. This time we brought locals to introduce them to the restaurant and the whole snapper came out partially raw! It was graciously removed from the bill, but our friend from Miami(an avid fisherman) was disappointed and won't likely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian WinnerBigG5Dined on 3/21/2014Service and food made for a quality dining experience. I am a permanent Miami resident and felt as if the restaurant was more for tourists staying in hotels near the 1800 block on Collins Avenue. A nice feature is that the restaurant deducts the $25.00 parking charge from your final check amount; so parking is free with an efficient valet on the side of the hotel. I will definitely return if I am on Miami Beach and anywhere near the restaurant. The chicken entrée was superb and the pasta superior to most. The gelato deserts were the best I have had on Miami Beach.Special Features:
- So soFoodiechickVIPDined on 3/11/2014Dinner was delicious but very expensive and all of our guests agreed, the atmosphere doesn't not match the cost of this dinner. The restaurant was empty, the room makes you feel like you are in a cafeteria, the cocktails were extremely small and the wine list was Italian wines only. As much as our food was very good, the rest of the experience was nothing to write home about. Our service was ok until the server spilled a very hot coffee on top of one of our diners. There is no fun, sexy Miami vibe here, come on, this is Collins Avenue in Miami Beach, there is no scene here. It's sad because the food is worthy but the atmosphere is just lacking
- It is my third time in LorenzocorintianoVIPDined on 3/9/2014It is my third time in Lorenzo and again was very good.Food is wonderful and service very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off the markOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/1/2014the space is lovely and the staff was professional and efficient. Most of the dishes were good; however, when the only pasta dish ordered has to be sent back because the pasta was not done and more than a few minutes shy of al dente, the food does not rate high marks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFremFramDined on 3/1/2014Read a great review. Restaurant did not live up to the hype. Service was mediocre. Table was not well set. Food was not hot and was hit and miss.
- will go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014Waiter was extrodinaire. Tres Prix menu is a nice option.
- Best South Beach ItalianmixinbusinessandpleasureDined on 2/21/2014From authentic woodfire pizzas to lamb ribs to gnocchi with a wild boar ragu.. Flavors and aromas will drive you wild. Incredible wines, great drinks including Casamigos my new favorite tequila. Go here often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Trendy Italian in South BeachSoBeconciergeVIPDined on 2/20/2014I had a great time at this restaurant!! The staff was extremely helpful and completely knowledgeable of everything on the menu and then some! The food was amazing!! Everything from the bruschetta to the meatballs was amazing and you definitely have to try the cocktails as well. There is a great outdoor patio as well as a bar area with a couple TVs but the restaurant can separate itself from that environment and create a somewhat of a bistro atmosphere. There is an open kitchen to see the chefs at work also. I love this place and cant wait to go again!!!Special Features:
- Amazing serviceDogLoverVIPDined on 2/18/2014I have always said that what makes a good restaurant is a combination of food, service and ambiance, it has to have all to be considered good. We went to Lorenzo and we were surprised with of the above factors. The service was not only good, but outstanding, something not seen in Miami very often. The food was really good and the restaurant is located in a hot spot in south Beach. This restaurant has everything for a great night out. People need to give it a try.Special Features:
- Nice vibe...DrewVIPDined on 2/7/2014The food is very good; so-so portions. Appetizers very expensive. $24 for a smallish main course pasta. Whole fish main course for 2 $70. Plan on going here to spend at least $75 per person to start. Acoustics typical loud SoBe frenzy. Sit outside for traffic and bus fumes, but better than indoor crescendo and chairs scraping across terrazzo. Aesthetically pleasing, very nice, professional staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maybe it is still in launch mode??blondieVIPDined on 2/6/2014....hardly the vibe we expected at 830 on a Friday night, for a place so reccommended. Pretty sterile dining room. Seating on patio may give a different experience. Food was hardly anything to write home about. The Fish spread was excellent, pizza was sad....anyway there are much better dining options in Miami.
- Nobody there. this place probablyGmoneyVIPDined on 2/6/2014Nobody there. this place probably won't be there in the near future. Needs promoting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little let downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014Came to dinner around 8pm on a Saturday, hoping to get to eat before the rush. Started with the foie spread, good flavor but a little underseasoned. Took the server about 10 minutes to bring us out some salt. Entrees we're really nice and were the highlight of the night. Gnocchi was cooked perfectly as well as the other pasta dish. Also ordered the polenta as a side. Completely underseasoned and awkward with nothing to accompany it. Server asked if we wanted some tomato sauce, also took another 10 minutes for it to come out. Didn't want to give dessert a chance we just wanted to leave.
- If you want Spiaggia, go to ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2014Just another typical Miami Italian restaurant. I was underwhelmed by the menu. Not worth the drive or hassle of SoBe parking!Special Features:
- Great Food (Miami Herald wrong!!)MarcoVIPDined on 2/1/2014Att: Miami - The review in the Miami Herald is dead-wrong and a real disservice. The Review: Drinks - inventive, tasty Bread - crusty Italian, Ambiance - small, cute Redbury Hotel lobby re-do (proper background music; avoided overwhelming noise), Meatballs appetizer - yummy delicious w/ a peppery kick, Gnocchi - scrumptious w/ a tangy meat ragu, Grilled Prawns - moist, delicious w/ a chilli fiery finish, Roasted scallops - perfectly carmelized & served w/ polenta & mushrooms, Pear Tart - baked to order on a cookie-like crust, Service - pleasant, very attentive waiter, & others including managers who checked-up on us. Overall, everything we tried was delicious. Can't wait to go back. I truly cannot fathom the Miami Herald's poor review?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodLorenzoDined on 1/20/2014I took my wife there for our 13th year anniversary and we loved it. We ordered: For appetizers Octopus and Meatballs Entree Gnocchi and Ravioletto Dessert Carambola Cannoli and Chocolate Bombolini Everything was perfect - Definitely will go back for seconds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulPrbhpDined on 1/19/2014Great addition to South Beach. Tony Montuano talents evident in every dish. I will be back as often as I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give it a trybogeyDined on 1/19/2014Only 8 weeks old, not very busy on Sat night. Fairly contemporary, lots of chrome and glass. Excellent food and service. Went out go their way to make us feel welcome.Special Features:
- Great Italian restaurant!StarBrigt7Dined on 1/4/2014We decided to share several small plates to get a true sense of the menu. We shared the truffle pizette, Nonna's Meatballs, the arancini and the treviso & goat cheese app. For dessert we had the caranbola cannoli which was the perfect end to a perfect meal. Not only was the service at Lorenzo top notch, but the food was spectacular. I really can't believe that Lorenzo isn't more busy than it is, nor can I believe that the previous reviews aren't better. I'd absolutely go back to Lorenzo and would recommend it to anyone in the mood for good Italian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceHeatWinDined on 1/4/2014The bar was an excellent starting point. The bottle of wine was very nice. The two appetizers were likewise excellent. The fluke (name of fish related to sole) for 2 was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not spiaggia. .drmtorresDined on 1/2/2014I was looking for an experience similar to spiaggia in Chicago and this restaurant falls way short in every category. Our dinner at spiaggia was world class and worth every penny. Lorenzo takes advantage of great location with great tourist foot traffic, but the quality, although good, is just not there. Two other restaurants within 5 minutes walking distance are far superior. If your expectations are to dine in a superior class restaurant, then you will likely be disappointed.Special Features:
- Warm and excited welcomeMilomiaVIPDined on 12/31/2013Wait staff and manager welcoming and checking on us at the perfectly timed moment. Never felt rushed. Genuinely wanting to know how the food was prepared and if it was to our liking. The hostess was welcoming but as she was seating us she said so quietly and happily that to make sure we had the homemade gelato. Thinking about dessert right when we got there. I knew we were not going anywhere else for dessert. Fish prep perfect.Appetizers all good. Perhaps portion size errands on the smaller side but good enough. The ravioli was for a foodie and a bit rich. I so appreciated the multitude of choices for wine by the glass. Great choice and thank you miami herald for writing this restaurant up. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Chef must be in lovefoodieVIPDined on 12/30/2013That is what they say when the food is too salty and boy was it salty. Even after telling our sever no salt, the food was inedibly salty. Even when we mentioned the food was too salty the staff did nothing to rectify our situation. Needless to say we won't be returning.
- Is This a Restaurant or a Bar?lesliejuniorVIPDined on 12/29/2013We thought we were going to a fine dining restaurant, but the decor was like a large bar with some tables and booths. Food was good but portions small for price. We were the only four people eating dinner; others were only drinking and watching football. Food is too upscale for the environment. The lighting is erratic; bright in some places and too dark to read the menu in other places. Service was very good. Overall experience was very disappointing.
- Great new spotJDL70VIPDined on 12/21/2013Excellent appetizers. Could have kept ordering them and not needed an entree. High quality, elegantly done. Great cocktails, friendly, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SadxandaccacheVIPDined on 12/15/2013Wine list ridiculous expensive, like one Tignanello 2010 that you can drink in café abbracci and pay USD 150 in this restaurant is 275, ridiculous. So I asked one Brunello 169 usd. Nobody found the wine. I waited 20 minutes. Then I asked another 170 usd wine, nothing. Then finally one Castello de Rampolla expensive USd 170 ( Normally would be 100).Food is very good. Where was the owner ???? Waiter was nice, but just him in the restaurant... Bad, because this restaurant could be a good restaurant....
- Great addition to the beachSoBeVIPDined on 12/9/2013What a great addition to the beach. The food was excellent as was the service. Hopefully they can keep up to this standard -- if they do we will be constant regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally a restaurant in MiamicorintianoVIPDined on 11/30/2013Finally a restaurant in Miami that combines excellent food, outstanding service and a very nice ambiance(and very good wine).Lorenzo , with only two weeks, is a delightful surprise and deserve a visit from all people who live in or visit Miami.I sincerely hope they keep the level -which is not easy- in Miami.Special Features:
- Great selection of dishesJaviVIPDined on 11/30/2013Great selection of dishes. Plates are meant to be shared, allowing each member of the group to try a variety of dishes. The smoked fish dip as well as the grilled octopus were my favorite of the bunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New kidDallasitesDined on 11/22/2013This brand new restaurant is already a winner! The ambience is warm and very upscale casual. The service is friendly and attentive. The wine list is Italian. There are specially crafted cocktails, beers and ale. The menu has many wonderful small plates to share. The lamb chops were delicious. The boar gnocchi was great comfort food. Lots of special touches here! They will soon have rooftop dining as well. Can't wait!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opening night was spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/12/2013We went on opening night and had only the best time, the best service and the best food. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable about the menu, which is no small task for a new restaurant. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.