3746 Sunset Drive: PO Box 446
Spring Park, MN 55384Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lordfletchers.com/
- Phone: 9524718513
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: Starting at 11:00am; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Thomas Pivec
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lord Fletcher's offers private dining rooms for 10 to 100 guests. Large groups can be accommodated wit outside seating.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Johnson 9524718513
- Entertainment: Live Music: Thursday - Sunday.
Enjoy the view of shimmering Lake Minnetonka, or nestle by a crackling fire in an exquisite stone hearth. The spectacular Champagne Sunday Brunch Buffet is served 10:30 am - 2 pm. Open for seasonal lunches & dinner year-round, Lord Fletcher's offers fine cuisine created under the direction of Executive Chef Thomas Pivec. Enjoy Sterling Silver Steaks, split Alaskan King Crab Legs, Lobster or Fletcher's acclaimed Walleye Dinner.
Choose Patio, deck, private dining or meeting-room seating. Stop by the Gift Shop for your memento of this unique experience.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
- Lord FletchersJohnDined on 8/29/2014Very gracious. Held our reservation when we called in to notify them that we would be 15-20 minutes late. Everyone in our party agreed that the food they ordered was outstanding. Because of the rain, the views were not as outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experiencesaliss2Dined on 8/27/2014We took my parents to eat out to celebrate my dad's last night before heading home to the Philippines. We were seated near the window overlooking the bay and the outside seating area. We would have loved to eat outside but there were no room. Where we were placed by the window was an excellent substitute. My dad was in awe having a nice view while we dined. We all loved the food we ordered and the kids had a great time! The service was excellent and the atmosphere was so relaxing that the kids were so comfortable and did well. I would go back to eat there again. Excellent food and service for sure!Special Features:
- Don't go back.LLfoodieDined on 8/16/2014For the second time recently we were terribly disappointed with Lord Fletcher's. The walleye dinner was as great as it consistently has been for years, but the rest of our food was very mediocre. The service was much too fast and pushy for a relaxed Saturday evening dinner, also quite indifferent to our needs/tastes. When I spoke with the manager, she was incredibly defensive and unhelpful...indicating that all of my complaints were MY fault. Customer service??Special Features:
- DelightfulTigerDined on 8/10/2014Fabulous brunch - great food and variety. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- Don't order the WalleyeBrandiDined on 8/2/2014I took my husband on a surprised sailing trip to Lake Minnetonka for his 40th birthday. We had dinner at Lord Fletcher's and my husband got the lobster tail and filet mignon. His meal was fabulous!! He graciously shared his meal with me b/c my walleye dish' which is a "Guest Favorite" according to the menu, was awful. I have had way better walleye at Usher's in Moorhead, MN and at DooLittle's in Fargo, ND. I was very disappointed and couldn't even eat it. It was mushy, not flaky. The waiter recommended ordering the pan seared walleye....I wish he recommended an entirely different entree. Our appetizer, ahi tuna was delicious as well so we only wasted $25 for my meal which is ok. I'm just glad the birthday boy was happy.Special Features:
- Meh, not that greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The food tasted great, but it seemed overpriced for what it was. Annoying that you have to pay $2 for each side you want. Most notably, we had a pretty inattentive server, so we had to keep asking for what we needed. Meanwhile, the atmosphere was more casual than I expected, which was neither a good nor bad thing.Special Features:
- What's not to loveDesignMan47Dined on 7/30/2014"Fletchers" has owned and continually enhanced their formula to provide a memorable experience with every visit. Multiple venues to suit every mood and occasion. Never a disappointment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Lakefront RestaurantSteveofoto1VIPDined on 7/25/2014All the other reviews are right: the walleye is perfection. Cocktails well made. Extraordinary mud pie. Preparations are not fussy but they are perfectly prepared. We ate in the quieter more formal dining room overlooking the lake. Classy, quiet. This place offers numerous kinds of places to eat, all kinds of private dining rooms, different kinds of bars. Dining on the deck is much more casual (burgers, etc) but raucous and fun.Special Features:
- WalleyedelishTigerDined on 7/21/2014We enjoy Lord Fletcher's regularly - both for their brunch and their dinners. The Walleye is always great. The brunch is elegant and good variety. Definitely a go-to spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/19/2014Outstanding walleye, great coconut shrimp, outstanding service. We ate inside but outside had a ton of people with a great view of the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Week Night TreatMinnetonkaKatDined on 7/10/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Lord Fletchers. Our server was very attentive without being intrusive. We did not have to ask for anything, it was like she magically appeared, when needed. She explained the specials clearly. We tried the early catch dinners, they were perfect. She gave wonderful recommendations for wines with dinner. It was a great way to gear up for the weekend and recover after a stressful week. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoppin atmospherehockeymom65Dined on 7/6/2014Lord Fletcher's is a great place to eat while enjoying a wonderful view of Lake Minnetonka. Food is good.Special Features:
- Best Walleye in Minneapolis!JillMVIPDined on 7/5/2014The walleye is ALWAYS EXCELLENT! It's the only place I will order walleye! Love the screened in porch!
- Anniversary CelebrationSherryDined on 7/4/2014We visited Lord Fletcher's more than once for our Anniversary celebration and we came back again this year. We love the atmosphere, especially the screened porch. The view of the lake was marvelous, especially at sunset. The food and service were also wonderful. We will definitely return again to Lord Fletcher's.Special Features:
- Disappointed with the drinksWestsideStaycationerDined on 7/4/2014Food was great, my wife and I both had the Waleye dinner. A little expensive, but you pay for the view and ambience. The drinks were extremely disappointing - I ordered a mojito and it didn't have any fresh limes, sugar or mint in it, I even thought that perhaps the wrong drink was made. (The waiter was too young to know anything about drinks). If it was a mojito, it was made with a store bought mix. My wife ordered a martini. This was served in a tall skinny glass (not a martini glass) and tasted like a store bought mix as well. For the price they were charging them, I was a rip off - stick with the beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently a Fine ExperienceTravelingdinerVIPDined on 7/1/2014As usual, competent unobtrusive service complementing the consistently prepared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great B-day DinnerbdayDined on 6/20/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. The food was great and it was fun watching the boats come in. Will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ExperiencewrklifebalanceDined on 6/15/2014We have visited Lord Fletcher's before for a special occasion brunch and had a great time. This time we met with close friends for Father's day. The service was very nice, the place is warm and comfortable. They had a variety of food but the main dishes tasted mostly acceptable. Both my husband and I thought it was better last time. We have a 1.5 year-old and I could not really find anything suitable for him. The chef undercooked his scrambled eggs, the pre-made eggs were over spiced with pepper and the fish did not taste good. We ended up giving him mostly fruits. I liked the chocolate fountain and the desserts were delicious. Overall we had a good time but we might try something else next year for Mother's day.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014I'm glad we celebrated our wedding anniversary at Lord Fletcher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceGingerVIPDined on 6/13/2014Our choice to celebrate our 44th Wedding Anniversary on Lake Minnetonka in the "Up North" feel: Lord Fletchers! We both enjoy the window view of the docks and boats and the relaxed dining atmosphere. The best martini on the rocks in the Twin Cities area and the walleye is always great. We love the Early Catch menu and the well trained staff that are so friendly and efficient. We like the fact that Lord Fletcher's is always striving to provide the best experience for their diners from valet service to the servers!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2014I love the outdoor dining atmosphere at Lord Fletchers. It's a great neighborhood spot and so well known in the Twin Cities that everyone knows where it is. The food is very good, but not fantastic. But overall, a very positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!HungryintheCityVIPDined on 6/4/2014I was in from Chicago on business and friends took me here for a local experience... Had a wonderful evening watching the boats come and go & food was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great viewDryfly1Dined on 6/1/2014Food was good, not great. Great view, looking over the lake. Boat friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatMamabearDined on 6/1/2014Lord Fletcher's is rapidly becoming my go to Sunday Brunch treat. We took our two adult kids there, and they enjoyed it immensely. Though it is hard to get into in the summer because of the high demand, we will return again.Special Features:
- Summer havenHEIDIANNEDined on 5/24/2014Best place to be in the summer with it's patio and picturesque views. We sat in the screened in porch and loved watching the sun set. The pan fried walleye was delicious, cooked perfectly. The Mud Pie dessert was scrumptious! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Lord FletchersbbellsDined on 5/17/2014But, we do miss the older staff that has been their for 20 years or so. Oh well, hopefully we all get to retire!Special Features:
- Lord Fletcher's always pleasesHandle55Dined on 5/10/2014Arrived a little early. The restaurant was very busy with Mother's Day the next day. However, the staff was superb and our server was terrific. She is one of those servers who is always there but never in the way. Our party of four lacked for nothing. The food was beyond spectacular, we guys had the striploin and wives had walleye. The walleye there is the best on the planet. However, if you go for nothing else, go for the bread. Desert was out of this world but, if you go for nothing else, go for the bread. crusty, tasty and warm. Dining at Lord Fletcher's is always a special experience.Special Features:
- DisappointedWalleyeQueenVIPDined on 5/10/2014We are Fletcher's regulars, especially in the summer when we can sit in the screened porch area. Over the past two years they have changed the menu a bit. This season's menu provides for two sides with the walleye entree; however seemed odd to us that both were carbohydrates-au gratin potatoes and rice. To get a vegetable, one has to pay extra. While not a big deal, we were surprised that we weren't offered the pre-6pm special menu even though we were seated prior to six and placed our order at 6:04pm. While the restaurant had no obligation to provide it, it seemed odd they wouldn't given we are regulars and were just minutes late. One more thing...yes, the walleye was great as usual!Special Features:
- The following 517 reviews are from the Lord Fletcher's reviews archive.
- awsomePatbDined on 5/2/2014Great food as always. The only thing that always lacks is the service. It would be nice if the waitress or waiter would come around more and observe if anyone at the table needed anything. Also subing a starch for a veg will cost you. WeirdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ReliableDevineoneDined on 4/29/2014Staff is very professional, food is excellent, particularly the pan fried walleye which is the best in Minnesota, and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Their steaks are also delicious.Special Features:
- Best brunch in Twin CitiesJJdineVIPDined on 4/6/2014By far Fletcher's has the best brunch in the Twin Cities. There is a huge and varied amount of food to choose from--cold (half dozen salads, cheese tray, assorted veggies, cold shrimp and cocktail sauce , salmon, olives, fruits, etc), warm (eggs Benedict, walleye, hash browns, sausage, bacon, French toast, stir fry, pasta, carved prime rib, omelet station, 2 soups, waffle station), breads and cookies and bars and cakes and pies and a chocolate fountain with food to dip. Service is friendly and prompt. My only complaint is that while OJ and a mimosa are included in the (expensive) price, coffee isn't. Come on! How cheap is coffee and you know, many people want it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Lake PlusOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2014While some restaurants around Lake Minnetonka rest on their views and docks, Lord Fletcher's does a bit better. For years I've been going to Maynard's for lake view lunches and brunches, but recently have been going to Lord Fletcher's. While Maynards seems to becoming more mediocre, Lord Fletcher's has been getting better. In particular the brunch is quite good. Excellent selection, and well prepared with very good service and a quieter more relaxed ambiance than Maynards. The desert pastries are well beyond anything at any other around the Lake Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT!CoachDined on 3/30/2014Excellent food selections and quality with great service. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem describes it.SaraDined on 3/28/2014It's great eating inside in the cool days. Fireplace, nice "porch" atmosphere. The summer brings out all the boats. The casual food served outside in the summer could be a little more imaginative. But it's great overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatMamabearDined on 3/23/2014I love to go to the Sunday Brunch. I find the food choices interesting, tasteful and divergent. My husband thinks it odd that Brunch offers only Eggs Benedict or an omelet, but I so enjoy the other offerings that I don't care about that. The prime rib is delicious, and paired with the mashed potatoes and veggies, well, let's just say it's hard to not go back for more. Beyond the food, I love the views from the porch. While we dine, have watched an eagle and fishermen, as well as a pond hockey game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchTobyDined on 3/16/2014Great brunch and good value for money. Can really recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth itsunnydinerDined on 3/9/2014We came for brunch and were there a little over one hour. Hash browns were out both times we went up, as well as, smoked salmon. Staff said they'd put more out but we did not see any smoke salmon in that hour we were there; hash browns came and went once. Bacon was rubbery and sausage was very greasy and tasteless. Wild Rice soup tasted like biscuits and gravy versus wild rice. Eggs benedict were dry (needed more sauce). The fish cakes tasted like a microwaved item. Desserts were good but only one of us ate them. It's very dark where food is displayed. Waitress did not let us know if drinks were included in cost of brunch or if seniors and kids were less expensive. Disappointed in the food. Not worth the money. Wouldn't come bak for brunch.Special Features:
- BirthdayRobertDined on 3/9/2014We celebrated my 69th birthday on 3/9, and the brunch was great. Our server was very friendly and efficient, making stops for coffee, water, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBluMDined on 3/8/2014The food is always good here and the service even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambiance!good4youDined on 3/1/2014We had an early dinner here (5:30) on a Saturday night and were able to sit by the fire. The bread and butter came right away -- crispy outside crust, warm inside, salted butter, great flavor -- and we ordered a glass of wine. The waitress understood that we wanted to sip on our wine for a while before ordering dinner and left us alone. The menu was somewhat limited - steak or fish with a few pasta dishes - but enough to choose from. I had had the Walleye on a previous visit, and found it not very flavorful and somewhat fishy. So, I chose the New York strip and my husband had the fillet - both delicious. For sides we had the fresh veggie medley and split an order of au gratin potatoes, which I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.