Lord Bennett's Restaurant
1695 Beach Loop Dr SW
Bandon, OR 97411Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Lord Bennett's Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lordbennett.com/
- Phone: (541) 347-3663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wine
A word from Lord Bennett's Restaurant
The menu like the wine list is well-chosen & diverse. A plethora of specialty seafood, fowl, & meat selections are served here. Some standouts are the popular Seafood Combination Plate (Grilled fish with scallops, prawns, steamer clams, mussels, sautéed in garlic butter, with deep fried calamari). Another is the generous New York Steak (Char-broiled & served with a green peppercorn, brandy, cream, & demi-glace sauce). Some examples of daily specials are the Kumomoto Oysters on the half shell, Oregon Salmon grilled with a black bean salsa & Hawaiian Ahi blackened with Cajun spices & a raspberry Buerre Blanc. The Clam Chowder & Shrimp Bisque are legendary here. Lord Bennett's downstairs lounge has ONE THING that is currently unavailable anywhere else: The long-running Torturer of Tourists & Golfers Show. Outta-towners, locals, & golfers can listen, dance, sing-along, or take home a tailor made 'musical memory' via the 'audience involvement' aspect of this often hilarious act.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lord Bennett's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bandon ›
Lord Bennett's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (15)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (7)romantic (6)special occasion (6)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- DennfitzDined on 9/24/2014We were 13 people from the nearby Bandon Dunes Golf Resort. The original reservation through Open Table did not seem to get through to the restaurant since they did not have a reservation for us when we called to check on the 22nd. They accomodated us anyway and we had a fine time. A few of the diners thought their fish dishes were "over-cooked". They had my favorite berry pie for dessert, Marionberry and Blueberry. They also were kind enough to do separate checks.Special Features:
- Not as we rememberedOtter002Dined on 9/11/201460th Wedding anniversary: Our first dinner here, but several lunches in the past. My halibut was much over cooked and our plates were over loaded to the point of just too much food - vegetables. Though, I will say that the sugar peas and string beans were very good. The big scoop of corn and excess potato was not necessary - after a large and very nice salad. Our first wine glasses were streaked had to be returned for clean. I guess all thing change. All in all, it was not the fine dinning experience we remembered from past visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair at bestHonestfoodDined on 9/4/2014The view is lovely. The restaurant is vey dated so the inside ambience is lacking. The food and wine quality is fair at best. The service was good.Special Features:
- We won't returnRgmitterDined on 8/27/2014To start, they didn't have our reservation noted even though we had received an email confirmation. The halibut and oysters were overcooked, and the rest of the plate was a bit strange: soy sauce / Asian vegetables, strong, unusual tasting rice, undercooked green beans in what seemed to be gravy, and corn. The flavors did not belong together. The servings were not large, but we left most of the food on our plates.Special Features:
- what a find!ckw1VIPDined on 8/27/2014Great ocean views and comfortable ambiance. Service and food outstanding. Gluten free bread and pasta available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gemfrequentflyerDined on 8/27/2014This restaurant was a fortuitous recommendation. The view was gorgeous and the food was outstanding. We had the nut crusted halibut - couldn't ask for fresher, flakier fish perfectly prepared and the rice ( who raves about rice, right?) was delicious. Their menu was creative and featured seasonal items which were awesome. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the Bandon Oregon area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mr. & mrs. Sellers and familyfamilymunchersDined on 8/14/2014my husband and I chose Lord Bennett's restaurant as the place to celebrate both his birthday and our honeymoon with our children.The atmosphere, the help, the view (wow!!) the food, (bigger wow) everything, was unspeakably beautiful and delicious. My favorites are the clam chowder and calamari the flavors were vibrant! Everyone was very kind and attentive. My 3 year old daughter has a medical condition and had a problem and our was handled so sweetly and quickly my head spun, they made het feel much better about herself. Bravo Lord Bennets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a viewTHECOSVIPDined on 8/3/2014First time visitor. Excellent food. Wonderful view of the Oregon coast. The fish is fresh and prepared flawlessly. Nice wine list which is reasonably priced. Save room for the fresh home made desserts. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bandon OregonDesignDined on 8/1/2014I made the reservation online and received a confirmation online. Sadly when we got to the restaurant they did not know about our group. We were eleven and they already had a reservation for 14! They apologized, had us stay downstairs for a bit and then the space for eleven was arranged and off we went. Excellent service and excellent food. Not to mention an extra chair was found for a very sleepy two year old to lay down while the group enjoyed their special meal. Thank you Lord BennettSpecial Features:
- Great night outRoadrunnerDined on 7/29/2014Perfect place for that special meal during a stay at the Oregon Coast. Great food and friendly staff. Relaxed yet you know it is a special evening. We will definitely be back next visit to Bandon. Probably more than just one night.Special Features:
- The following 7 reviews are from the Lord Bennett's Restaurant reviews archive.
- excellent view at sunsetBeachloopDined on 5/8/2014Whenever we are in Bandon, we try to at least have one dinner at sunset at Lord Bennets. The prices are fair, service is great and views are fantastic,especially at sunsetSpecial Features:
- Dissapointed. Could be much betterVleckiDined on 2/25/2014Reservations made for our 30Th anniversary requesting a window seat. We arrived on time, Tuesday we were told no window seats are available. Then another host said what about table 31? The host brought us to a table with a view in a corner. We both needed to sit on the same side. Not perfect but o.k. if not for the very exuberant increasingly loud table of 10 next to it. The noise level seemed to echo in the corner of glass. Very disappointed already we discussed it and shrugged it off. Then the service. 3 people mostly un-attentive, Here's how our order is taken. No offer of a drink we needed to ask. Then when ordering " you don't want anything but water do you?" Get some etiquette we felt like we were in a Diner! Not classy at all!Special Features:
- Excellent in all areas!BillKatDined on 11/9/2013Food was tasty, fresh, and presented well! Service was fast, friendly and professional. Unfortunately we were there too late to enjoy the scenery, but we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous views and friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2013We truly enjoyed the atmosphere and will be back on our next trip to Bandon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so food, beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2013Excellent service, comfortable seating, beautiful view of the coast at Face Rock. Food was very average and seemed microwaved. Dessert was better than the entrees. Brunch might be a better choice than dinner.Special Features:
- Worst dining experience ...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/25/2013Worst dining experience in recent memory! The fish on my main entrée was overcooked and did not taste good at all, I barely touched it. The maître d decided to seat us at the farthest corner of the dining area. When I asked if she could give us one of the open table close to the window, she said that they have lots of reservations, which quite annoyed me as we made reservations as well.
- A great place to dine. ExtremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/27/2013A great place to dine. Extremely friendly and courteous staff.Special Features: