Looking Glass Restaurant at the Bluenose Inn
90 Eden Street
Bar Harbor, ME 04096Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Looking Glass Restaurant at the Bluenose Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://barharborrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2072885663
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 7:00am - 10:30am
Private Luncheons Only (minimum 10 people)
Daily: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Arturo Montes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining for meetings and functions during mid day. We also offer private dining in a restaurant at the adjacent Bluenose Inn
- Private Party Contact: Jim Ash 5614724748
- Entertainment: While entertainment is not offered in the restaurant itself, Bill Trowell, a noted pianist plays nightly in the Great Room of the adjacent Bluenose Inn from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
A word from Looking Glass Restaurant at the Bluenose Inn
A Wine Spectator 2012 Award of Excellence Winner, the Looking Glass's menu highlights the best of Maine cuisine expertly prepared by our talented and award winning culinary team. We offer both indoor as well as outdoor dining serving breakfast and dinner with spectacular views overlooking the harbor. The outside deck is also pet friendly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Looking Glass Restaurant at the Bluenose Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (8)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Amazing viewOldSchoolDined on 9/6/2014Great view of Bar Harbor, big meals of delicious food. On the expensive side, but worth it. The ambience and decor of the room is a bit lacking and can be loud if other parties in the restaurant are a bit talkative. We had a great time there and would definitely go back and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Don't waste your moneyPeteDined on 8/29/2014The only good thing about this place is the view and that comes with a room full of bugs buzzing around you. My wife and I both ordered vegetarian meals and the only flavor was from the burned bottoms. It was the most expensive meal we had in Bar Harbor and by far the worst.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The Looking Glass offered us an elegant setting to share a lovely meal with family without feeling crowded or hurried in a tourist town. The restaurant has large floor to ceiling glass windows for a magnificent view. Our appetizers, bruscetta and shrimp cocktail were very tasty. Our entrees were served with perfection from the chef. I had the salmon dinner, it was very moist and had all the right seasonings to give it the best tasting salmon I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks by the FireOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014The Restaurant (formerly Rhinehardts Dining Pavillion) has seen some changes over the years. It is THE best place for breakfast with a view overlooking the Bar of Bar Harbor that is unrivaled. New a few years ago, is the outdoor bar featuring a raised fire pit. One may sit out around the fire and enjoy a drink and the spectacular view. The kitchen is competent but Very Slow, so bring friends and your patience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014The food was average. Nothing outstanding. Aug 9th- The air conditioner and blowers were turned on too high and was blowing cold air on guests and the food even though the weather and night air was comfortable and didn't require much a/c.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, untrained staffLillyDined on 7/25/2014The view from this restaurant is outstanding. The food was delicious however, the staff, waiter, was so inexperienced he did not even know the name for a decanter. He certainly did not know how to decant wine. His inexperience made the otherwise pleasant evening painful to watch him serve food. We declined dessert because we did not want to spend another hour waiting on it. Try it and maybe a new waiter will be there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Great meal & experience.Would go there again if ever in Bar HarborSpecial Features:
- The following 3 reviews are from the Looking Glass Restaurant at the Bluenose Inn reviews archive.
- Everything was just ......:)))) IfhvodDined on 10/12/2013Everything was just ......:)))) If it was not too far we would be there at least once a week :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Requested a special eventOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/15/2013Requested a special event table when booking and when confirming but when we arrived we were told it was requested by someone else. They were rather rude about it, then the manager brought the discussion to the table. Very embarrassing. They should know better. After that the food was good. Need a better wine list. There are a lot of good value US wines out there they could carry if they looked into it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potential but lacking execution4CanucksVIPDined on 7/26/2013This restaurant has potential as at it has a nice menu listing and a good selection of wines, a fantastic vista, and a GM/Co-owner who is very visible and appears to care. If you are staying on the property or near by, the location is very convenient as it saves you a trip into Bar Harbor. What we found to be lacking was with respect to execution and delivery of the final food product especially given the menu prices. Simply put and in our opinion, the food was underwhelming.Special Features: