1909 K St. NW
Washington, DC 20006Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lookatkstreet.com/
- Phone: 2023311050
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Thursday: 11:30am - 2:00am, Friday: 11:30am - 3:00am, Saturday: 10:00pm - 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Look
At LOOK Restaurant Lounge, we reach across the aisle to bridge the gap between Socially Liberal and Tastefully Conservative. Located in the heart of the K Street Corridor, LOOK Restaurant Lounge sets out to shatter traditional stereotypes by taking the "boring" out of business lunch and the "corporate" out of corporate reception. Enjoy world cuisine through a variety of over 30 small plates from Executive Chef Ismael Otarola in a warm, dynamic, open setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Look reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great addition to the neighborhoodEathappyDined on 8/6/2014Finally, a great place for business lunches in this area of King Street. Food was great. Service was great. 'nuf said.Special Features:
- Check out "Look"RichVIPDined on 5/19/2014Look is a neighborhood gem that people need to find. The food is outstanding, reasonable in price, and the service is excellent. And you can actually carry on a conversation without having to shout!Special Features:
- The following 17 reviews are from the Look reviews archive.
- Huge disappointmentGYMCVIPDined on 4/9/2014Look leaves everything to be desired. The food was acceptable at best, but the service was horrible. It was nearly impossible to get the attention of our waiter. No ambiance whatsoever, it is a very large place and it seemed rather empty. Look has a great location and is built on the ashes of what once was Teatro Goldoni. I left very disappointed.
- Nice PlaceDNiceDined on 4/1/2014A couple of colleagues and I went to "Look" for lunch today and it was not packed. This place has great ambience and the food is very good. I was pleasantly surprised by the good service and that it was not crowded. I think it's pretty new but I expect business to pick up on this place really quickly. Very spacious, clean,and great decor. I would go back for a date with the wife.. or for lunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Atmosphere. Not ServiceTommyTDined on 3/7/2014Tried out LOOK for lunch and when my guest and I arrived at 12:30, the place was empty. They did not have my reservation through Open Table (that's a first for me) and they seemed anxious (it's not like there was not space). Our waiter was first attentive, but it took awhile to get his attention for drink refills and the check. My friend ordered the burger which did look delicious. I ordered the chicken parmesan -- beware it is HUGE. It came with spinach and mashed potatoes. All were piping hot and frankly, it was one of the better chicken parmesans I've had. I believe the place is more known as a late-night spot than a good place for lunch. Too bad. The meal and the ambience were superb. More attention to service and it would be ideal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I hadn't been in the old "Teatro"BillinDCVIPDined on 2/4/2014I hadn't been in the old "Teatro" property since it became "Look." It was a nice surprise. The dining choices seemed less rich (healthier) than the old Teatro days. The décor is totally different - going for a cool urban feel. In short, it was a very nice surprise and hope it succeeds.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Under-the-Radar Spot on K St.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/30/2014I had lunch wiht a friend at Look recently. Very surprised by the menu, food and quality of service that there weren't more customers there for lunch. The food is very good, the servie was great and they have a lot of space as well. The restaurant has a very good drink menu as well (I've attended a happy hour there) and turns into a nightclub during the evening, also. This is definitely a place to check out.Special Features:
- Good Mushroom Risottohawk712Dined on 10/31/2013We stopped here for an early dinner and had the place to our selves. Staff was attentive and food was good. Would come back again.Special Features:
- Some might find the place1ofmanylawyersVIPDined on 10/7/2013Some might find the place a little "sparse" in its table seating. While you have lots of room between tables which is nice, it makes the place seem a bit empty which is not so nice. But lunchtime conversation was easy and all the dishes were very good an reasonably priced. Service was also great. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fanCWat1909KDined on 9/30/2013We were here for the soft opening the day before the official opening. As far as ambience, we felt like we were sitting in a warehouse with artwork on the wall. The furniture appeared cheap, the chairs appeared to be outdoor patio chairs, the cocktail tables resembled some I saw at Ikea. Service was extremely SLOW. The arugula salad and the dessert were the best part of the meal. 5 people at our table ordered the salmon and 4 agreed portions were small and flavor was just OK; the fifth person was served the TAIL of the fish (very thin and over-cooked). The "signature" chicken parm was pounded out very thin and parts were overcooked while others were just right; it appeared to have been under a heat lamp for a period of time.Special Features:
- Don't even bother "Look"ingDinoVIPDined on 9/30/2013Formerly Teatro Goldoni. Rebranded as Look a months ago. A nightclub pretending to be a restaurant. Like Cities. Same vibe and owners. Food Network came in to redecorate after Look failed. We were there for a pre-opening. So here's the deal. Still a spare, industrial look. Eh. Food. Bad. Pumpkin soup. Way too sweet. Could have been frozen and served as dessert. Salad - arugula nice and fresh, tasty dressing. A little too much dressing, but the high point of the meal. Salmon - Looked like a large fish stick. About 6 inches ling and 2 inch cube. No way you couldn't overcook the thing. Spinach side, almost like baby food. Mashed potatoes, gravelly consistency. Like they'd been pulled out of the fridge and re-heated.
- Soft reopeningEatnheimerVIPDined on 9/30/2013Dined on free lunch for the soft reopening. Gracious service, but slightly amateurish, and entrees came out late, which was entirely forgivable. Risotto was excellent. Butternut squash soup O.K. Salmon grilled perfectly and well-accompanied with spinach and mashed potato. Delicious panna cotta. Very open dining room, almost sparse, but a bit of nice large decor on the walls. If you want to dine on K St., a good bet, unless you need high-end perfection in service.
- Look fails to look at the detailsNoNameDined on 9/30/2013At first glance the ambiance is lofty, upscale, and sleek. However, a second look shows poor attention to details. Visible TV cords in the bar, scratches, and wear and tear along the mirrored walls, etc. make me question the quality of what is offered to guests (including food). As it was quite loud the TVs should have been set to have captions, although this was minor compared to everything else. The maitre d' was personable and the service was quick, although I noticed not so much for others dining. The arugala salad was absolutely delicious as were the mashed potatoes. The salmon was slightly undercooked, and bland according to a few people who also had it. I did not have dessert, but others who did raved about them.Special Features:
- not worth a 2nd Lookmccannb23Dined on 9/30/2013Gnocchi was gummy, bolognese was sweet. Squash soup was sweet enough you could turn it into an ice cream (please don't). Risotto was ok. Dessert was good, but one note...you guessed it: overly-sweet. The redesign is pretty hideous. While I'm open to all styles of music, you should know your clientele/neighborhood: No one wants to hear techno during lunch on K Street! I give the "new" Look 1 star and 4 months until they close...again.
- Focus on Foodnickname456VIPDined on 6/4/2013Regardless of bar scene, ambience, and service, people go to restaurants for the food. And the food is the reason I won't be returning to this restaurant. Soggy calamari, mussels that are not properly cleaned, and under-cooked risotto leads me to recommend diners stay away until a new chef is brought in to fix the problem.
- DisappoiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/23/2013When one walks in, one can see the proprietors working for a cool ambiance and look. The menu was uninteresting and pedestrian at best. My companion ordered a burger and soup, which he said were fine. I ordered the roast loin of pork which was overcooked and tough. It looked more appealing on the menu than in reality. The green beans were limp and the sauce was uninteresting. A side of fries was OK. I will not return.
- the food and service was outstandinOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2013the food and service was outstanding and very easy to find, please try their short ribSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When I arrived the place wasRalphJohnVIPDined on 4/15/2013When I arrived the place was empty except for two woman having coffee. When I questioned my sirver she explained to me it was because it was a Monday night. It was a Monday night at 8 o'clock a hot spot would be packed. When I tried to order they were out of what I wanted and when my drink came it was half full. That was it I got the check and left. I found an other place from open table and went there and had a great time. Don't wast your time look for an other place.
- A really bad missy Elliot music vidOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013The tables are melting. My friend had a water glass fall off of the table because the table was sagging. The food really isn't bad. But I do not recommend this place. Unless you take acid as self medication. The walls are covered in windows 95 screensavers. Tone it down. Oh and, most places write orders on little pads of paper as a way to not forget an order. You should provide the waitresses with paper pads. Seriously. Those poor girls. All our waitress could do was apologize and she was so sweet. I wanted to take her and give her a job at a nice restaurant.