Lon's at The Hermosa
5532 North Palo Cristi Road
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Lon's at The Hermosa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hermosainn.com/lons/
- Phone: (602) 955-7878
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 7:00am-10:00am
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:00pm
Weekend Brunch: Saturdays and Sundays 10:00am-2:00pm
Dinner: Nightly 5:30pm-9pm
Last Drop Bar Happy Hour Daily 4-7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: James Ducas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live acoustic music Wednesday - Friday during Happy Hour
- Special Events: Come celebrate local Arizona cuisine and ambiance with us! We have a Chef's tasting menu everynight (prices vary) with optional wine parings. In addition, we have available gulten free and vegetarian/vegan/pacsaterian options.
- Cross Street: Stanford Dr. & North Palo Cristi Rd
- Public Transit: Effective until further notice 2014-Due to construction, Stanford Drive is closed from 32nd Street to 40th Street. Please access Hermosa Inn from Palo Cristi Road via Lincoln Drive. Hwy Dept. detour signs are posted.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking.
A word from Lon's at The Hermosa
LON’s at the Hermosa is an authentic Arizona hacienda surrounded by spectacular scenery. Its elegant dining room melds homemade adobe and rustic ironwork with flattering lighting and carefully set tables. Enjoy award-winning Artful American Cuisine on the spacious patio, or by one of the fireplaces throughout the lounge and dining areas, adorned with art pieces by Lon Megargee. The menus at LON’s offer a memorable culinary experience, which captures spirit, creativity and warmth using bold flavors and compelling combinations that reflect a contemporary take on the multitude of foods originating in the Western Hemisphere. Our chef and master gardener grow a wide selection of organic herbs, heirloom vegetables and fruit on the grounds. Harvested at the peak of their flavor and combined with other locally grown produce, the ingredients are incorporated into brilliantly creative dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Lon's at The Hermosa - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Lon's at The Hermosa reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (147)special occasion (131)romantic (116)fit for foodies (88)neighborhood gem (75)scenic view (60)notable wine list (58)great for brunch (37)good for groups (35)great for lunch (20)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- We love this restaurant.FrankVIPDined on 11/21/2014Imagine a restaurant with the best ambience, great food, terrific waiters, beautiful decor inside and outside, live music ( guitarists and harp trio) and this is it!! We loved it so much that we made our reservations for Christmas dinner before we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014This was a spectacular evening and dinner event Fantastic meal, a touch loud but otherwise no complaints. Highly recommend this venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in the GardenCriticalReviewersVIPDined on 11/20/2014Had a lovely dinner with friends on the patio at Lon's. It was a chilly night but the heaters and the fire pit kept us warm. The setting was beautiful and the guitar player was a highlight. The food was good as it always is at Lon's, and we all enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Designer2272Dined on 11/16/2014Lon's has become a classic. The setting is beautiful and quiet. Brunch was delicious and the live music perfect on a sunny Az day. The service was great....very friendly...from the hostess to the bus boys. Our waiter was charming and so helpful. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A desert oasisOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/14/2014What a beautiful setting, romantic, serene, engaging. The staff is attentive and thorough. The food is wonderful, the wine list is extensive. Terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennyDined on 11/14/2014We are in Phoenix for my daughter to compete in the Arizona Ironman. They gave her a special dessert with good luck written on it as a surprise. Service is excellent, so is the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful way to dine.jk16Dined on 11/12/2014Lon's patio would be reason enough to dine here but great food is what it is really all about. All dishes we ordered were delicious and the plate arrangements were artistic. The waiter was efficient and knowledgeable. He answered all questions and did not need to check with the chef for responses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining under the starsJC224Dined on 11/10/2014Lon's was nothing short of spectacular! From the setting in the mountains to the food to the service - the surrounding gardens are incredible. A special place for sure! Make sure to order the side of truffle Mac & cheese, it's off the charts! They have a live band playing outside, guy on a guitar playing James Taylor, Cat Stevens etc...doesn't get any better!! PS we liked it so much we checked into their hotel the next day which is equally incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014My wife's birthday was complete, the staff was great, setting magnificent, Food very good, we will returnSpecial Features:
- Lovely Outdoor Courtyard for LunchsushiloverVIPDined on 11/10/2014We had a lovely lunch on a beautiful day on Lon's outdoor courtyard. The flowers and water fountain are a perfect setting for a relaxed outdoor meal. The food and wine were also very nice. Service was attentive and thoughtful. All in all, a perfect lunch.Special Features:
- Great food; poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014While the food and ambiance were outstanding, the service left much to be desired. The hostess will never win a "Ms Congeniality" award. Our friendly waiter promptly took our order; however, he and the rest of the staff disappeared after our food was served, resulting in empty water glasses and empty wine glasses. We ordered ice cream for dessert, and were given forks instead of spoons with which to eat the dessert.Special Features:
- Favorite placelonsisthebestDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I love dining at Lon's at the Hermosa Inn. The food is always great and the atmosphere is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desert GemPussycatVIPDined on 11/8/2014The outdoor patio is relaxing with a beautiful garden view. Our waiter recommended entrees and dessert, and he was "spot on". Definitely try those crab cakes or short ribs. This place feels European, as the wait staff expects you to linger over lunch. They don't hurry you, which is delightful. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTiC!!!LA49Dined on 11/7/2014A perfect setting to enjoy great food. Inside is great, but the outside patio is perfect! Service, food and atmosphere is perfect for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio is perfectPJSPADined on 11/5/2014Sitting on the patio for a leisurely lunch at Lon's is just delightful!Special Features:
- Amazing, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Our family has always loved Lon's. It is one of the few remaining old-school gems, and we continue to love it. With a recent addition of a true mixologist in the Last Drop Bar, they've added a great fashionable experience without it feeling like a trendy flash-in-the-pan. Wonderful food, impeccable service, and ambiance to die for. We always bring out of town visitors and business associates to Lon's for a WOW factor experience. You cannot go wrong!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We had a lovely dinner. The outdoor seating with the fountain, lights in the trees and soft music made for a very romantic setting. The staff was very attentive and did a great job helping me celebrate my birthday. I highly recommend this restaurant for a memorable night.Special Features:
- BeautifulloudinerDined on 10/31/2014Had a wonderful dinner here during our anniversary week-end in Phoenix. We had a table on the patio, which was so romantic. The lighting, music, and ambiance was just perfect for a special night out. Our server was very knowledgable of the menu, and recommended the Pork Chop (which was the best I've tasted), and the salmon (which was good, but not the best I've tasted). The yellowtail ceviche was great! They had a 2 man band playing lightly in the background which set a great tone for a memorable evening. Will definitely come back when in Phoenix.Special Features:
- $$$tinkDined on 10/31/2014While the food was good I think it was over priced for what you got. $30+ for a filet, and that was for the steak only! Had to buy extras!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014Hosted a couple in from New Jersey and they were definitely impressed with the beautiful outside setting with music, fireplace, great food and a staff that went above and beyond including a personal tour of the restaurant including the wine cellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LorenVIPDined on 10/28/2014The setting outside in warm weather can't be beat . Service in the bar a little chaotic and confused. Menu has become a little foodieish. Next time we'll count on the traditionally good dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful October eveningDCSBobDined on 10/28/2014Sigh . . . this was our fifth time dining at Lon's, and we save and savor our visits there for special occasions. We were celebrating an anniversary, which I offhandedly mentioned to the woman on the phone when I called to request patio dining. When we arrived, we had a drink in the bar even though our table was ready, and then leisurely moved to our table after 30 minutes or so. Imagine our surprise when we were led to our table and found a Happy Anniversary card waiting signed by all the wait staff, management, and kitchen staff. Very unexpected and thoughtful, but that is Lon's! The evening continued with great food (my wife's Osso Buco was tremendous), a sensational setting, and great service. Thank you Lon's! We recommend you to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Patio in the Valley!WickenburgersDined on 10/28/2014Our dinner at Lon's was outstanding, from every aspect. The patio is lovely, the weather was perfect, the guitar player's music was subdued and very pleasant, the food and wine were wonderful, and our waiter was true gem! What more can one say about this special place? Thank you, Lon's, for your continuing excellence in food, service and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settinngOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/27/2014The food and ambience were fantastic. Our server was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. they were very busy yet the service was consistent. There was a manager or maître'd who was awkward, as well as a sommelier who was very busy. He was out of two of the wines chosen and less professional than the setting called for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lon's, a fine dining experienceDakotaKivaVIPDined on 10/26/2014I have lived in Scottsdale for over 17 years, and have visited Lon's numerous times. Sitting beneath the stars, in a beautiful setting, continues to make you think that you are on holiday and having a special time. The wait staff is attentive , and the food seems to have gotten even better. This night I had a lovely dish on a corn tortilla with Foie gras with a black cherry demi glaze, which was cooked very well, and had a lovely presentation. The Jidori de-boned chicken was a delight. My wife had a lovely double ribbed pork chop which she liked very much. The wine list was more than adequate and reasonable in price. We had a wine by the glass, which was fine and not costly: A Beringer Chardonnay, and a simple Rioja. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Special evening celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We had a wonderful dining experience with friends on Sunday evening. Enjoyed the atmosphere, music, food, and our waiter, Guy. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful outdoor settingHiexpectationsVIPDined on 10/26/2014Being social director for Sunday brunch, I was excited to hear about Lon's .Service was like being at a poorly run fast food establishment. The quality of the food was mediocre at best. The higher end the establishment and higher prices.....higher expectations. Will try the bar for a happy hour and see if there are any differences.
- Wedding Anniversary DinnerRolandoDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I celebrated an outstanding anniversary dinner at the Lon's. The 5 course chef's choice menu, accompanied with a different glass of wine each course, was a memorable enjoyment for palate and eyes. Excellent cuisine with excellent service! We will come back, next time however we'll stay the night!Special Features:
- romantic local getaway restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Absolutely wonderful! The service is impeccable; the food outstanding and the wine-pairings were perfect! A lovely meal with a bit os southwestern twist. Rustic, romantic and tucked away in Phoenix - quite a gem. Will definitely return. May even catch a wine tasting event in their basement cellar! If you want to catch acoustic rhythm on the patio, no reservations - just arrive a bit early, enjoy a wine or cocktail and listen to the music as you await your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lon's did not disappointTravelerDined on 10/25/2014We have dined at Lon's on the patio at the beginning of fall for many years. We normally order off the regular menu but on this visit we tried the tasting menu with wine pairings. We really enjoyed the wines with each course and we really enjoyed each course with the exception of the shrimp starter. It was just ok. Overall we had another really nice evening with perfect weather and great service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014this restaurant has it all - wonderful ambiance, great food, impeccable service. we return again and again and have never been disappointed. it is clearly one of the very best restaurants in the Phoenix area.Special Features:
- Fall LunchSouthwestFoodieDined on 10/24/2014Great food, great service & unbeatable charm & ambiance! One of my all time favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming hidden gemluv2eatDined on 10/19/2014Hotel tucked away in the middle of a residential area. Came to celebrate a friend's birthday. Beautiful setting. Service extremely attentive. Loved the Sunday Supper w/ smoked prime rib. Absolutely delicious. Food quality exceptional, servings generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine dining experiencelloydl2Dined on 10/18/2014This was our second time to Lon's and we were once again pleased with the friendly courteous service, the food and wine selections, the outdoor dining atmosphere - amongst the best in town and or course the menu selections and perfection in preparing, plating and serving. We had a very leisurely and fine dining experience and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Won't Go BackRP4704Dined on 10/17/2014After years of going to Lon's at the Hermosa Inn and always enjoying it we had a horrible evening. The service was terrible, some items didn't even make it to the table and the food was not up to par based upon what we typically expected from the restaurant. We will not be visiting Lon's again for dinner. Very disappointing.
- This place was fantasticErinBroVIPDined on 10/16/2014We were recommended Lon's by friends of ours since we were traveling to the area. Lon's didn't disappoint. I could go there every night. Lovely outdoor seating with lights strung through trees and fireplaces lit. The live entertainment, an acoustic single man guitar and singing show, was phenomenal. The noise level was perfect. It was not too lound if you wanted to have conversation, but just right if you wanted to listen and sing along. Our waiter was knowledgable and outstanding. All of the ingredients are fresh and local, and you can taste the freshness. Highly recommend this place to anyone, local or traveling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still 5 StarsRaysreviewsDined on 10/13/2014Another 5 star outdoor dining experience at Lon's. We always go here for special occasions and the last was perfect in every way. You can't beat Lon's for outdoor dining. Note: Our server told us that they are introducing a new menu next week. We plan on going again to try it out.Special Features:
- pumpkinVIPDined on 10/13/2014The outside dining is wonderful. The fire place and the whole ambience is charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, love Lons!!!luvagreatmealDined on 10/12/2014Lon's is a must visit every time we vacation in Scottsdale...fab food, fab atmosphere!!!Special Features:
- Still CharmingFoodieGuyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Went here for outside dining on a Saturday night. The hostess service was a bit uncoordinated, but once we were seated, all was good again. We had the tasting menu with wine pairings and it was fantastic. Highly recommended. Sean the GM was also very helpful.Special Features: