Lon's at The Hermosa
5532 North Palo Cristi Road
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Lon's at The Hermosa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hermosainn.com/lons/
- Phone: 6029557878x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 7:00am-10:00am
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:00pm
Weekend Brunch: Saturdays and Sundays 10:00am-2:00pm
Dinner: Nightly 5:30pm-9pm
Last Drop Bar Happy Hour Daily 4-7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: James Ducas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live acoustic music Wednesday - Friday during Happy Hour
- Special Events: Come celebrate local Arizona cuisine and ambiance with us! We have a Chef's tasting menu everynight (prices vary) with optional wine parings. In addition, we have available gulten free and vegetarian/vegan/pacsaterian options.
- Cross Street: Stanford Dr. & North Palo Cristi Rd
- Public Transit: Effective until further notice 2014-Due to construction, Stanford Drive is closed from 32nd Street to 40th Street. Please access Hermosa Inn from Palo Cristi Road via Lincoln Drive. Hwy Dept. detour signs are posted.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking.
A word from Lon's at The Hermosa
LON’s at the Hermosa is an authentic Arizona hacienda surrounded by spectacular scenery. Its elegant dining room melds homemade adobe and rustic ironwork with flattering lighting and carefully set tables. Enjoy award-winning Artful American Cuisine on the spacious patio, or by one of the fireplaces throughout the lounge and dining areas, adorned with art pieces by Lon Megargee. The menus at LON’s offer a memorable culinary experience, which captures spirit, creativity and warmth using bold flavors and compelling combinations that reflect a contemporary take on the multitude of foods originating in the Western Hemisphere. Our chef and master gardener grow a wide selection of organic herbs, heirloom vegetables and fruit on the grounds. Harvested at the peak of their flavor and combined with other locally grown produce, the ingredients are incorporated into brilliantly creative dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Lon's at The Hermosa - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Lon's at The Hermosa reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (96)special occasion (95)romantic (83)fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (55)notable wine list (43)scenic view (38)good for groups (31)great for brunch (20)hot spot (9)great for lunch (8)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- This place was fantasticErinBroVIPDined on 10/16/2014We were recommended Lon's by friends of ours since we were traveling to the area. Lon's didn't disappoint. I could go there every night. Lovely outdoor seating with lights strung through trees and fireplaces lit. The live entertainment, an acoustic single man guitar and singing show, was phenomenal. The noise level was perfect. It was not too lound if you wanted to have conversation, but just right if you wanted to listen and sing along. Our waiter was knowledgable and outstanding. All of the ingredients are fresh and local, and you can taste the freshness. Highly recommend this place to anyone, local or traveling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still 5 StarsRaysreviewsDined on 10/13/2014Another 5 star outdoor dining experience at Lon's. We always go here for special occasions and the last was perfect in every way. You can't beat Lon's for outdoor dining. Note: Our server told us that they are introducing a new menu next week. We plan on going again to try it out.Special Features:
- pumpkinVIPDined on 10/13/2014The outside dining is wonderful. The fire place and the whole ambience is charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, love Lons!!!luvagreatmealDined on 10/12/2014Lon's is a must visit every time we vacation in Scottsdale...fab food, fab atmosphere!!!Special Features:
- Still CharmingFoodieGuyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Went here for outside dining on a Saturday night. The hostess service was a bit uncoordinated, but once we were seated, all was good again. We had the tasting menu with wine pairings and it was fantastic. Highly recommended. Sean the GM was also very helpful.Special Features:
- great experienceAndiDined on 10/11/2014This was our first time at Lon's and they made our anniversary very special. The staff was honestly the best I've ever experienced at a restaurant. At the end of dinner they reserved us a table on the patio in front of the musicians so we can have a drink and enjoy the evening. They offered to have our car pulled up front from thr valet for us. Best experience ever!! We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect EveningLuv2eatoutDined on 10/10/2014From the moment we checked in with the hostess until we left this restaurant, we were treated very well. Top marks on service. We sat on the outdoor patio which is absolutely beautiful. Live Music playing in the background was excellent. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Evening Family & FreindsAZdocDined on 10/9/2014I made a reservation on Open Table and was appreciative for the recommendation I read to call ahead and request patio dinning. It was a special event for my Mom's Birthday and it was memorable. The special touch of a card signed by all the staff was a nice personal touch. The live music was perfect and exceptional. To watch the full moon come up through the trees and the smell of the Mesquite fire burning was so lovely. Thankfully the weather was perfect and it wasn't overly crowded probably since it rained the night before. All in all, a fantastic evening with family and friends.Special Features:
- Patio diningGuidoVIPDined on 10/6/2014The patio is one of the best in Phoenix area. Note that if you want patio seating they request that you call the restaurant directly after making your Open Table reservation. Worth the minor effort. Excellent service excellent meal!Special Features:
- Lovely Family LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/5/2014Our family gathered for Sunday brunch after a memorial service for our mother and the staff could not have been nicer. We were there for quit some time and told there was no hurry for to leave. The food was good and the service perfect. Thank you to the staff of Lon's.Special Features:
- Great patio diningHappydinnerDined on 10/4/2014Lon's patio is out under the trees and romantically lit for optimum ambiance. The food is always excellent.Special Features:
- Spoiled as UsualJimWDined on 10/4/2014We had the chef's sampler. The food was fabulous as usual. I you want to impress someone, this is the pla e to come to. I've been there several times over the years, and always look forward to going back.Special Features:
- ZOW! Lon's was amazing!TammyDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I went to Lon's for our 20th anniversary. It was nothing short of amazing. Our server, Ben, was so attentive and kind. Her made our night extra-special. And, he made sure it was extra safe, too! I am severely allergic to nuts and gluten. Oftentimes I have to eat something plain to be safe but here I was able to have their awesome full-flavored salad, meal and dessert. This place is incredibly beautiful, too - the large patio is like none other. Gorgeous, romantic and fun. We will definitely be back next time we're in Phoenix!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyDined on 9/30/2014Quintessential Arizona! A new favorite restaurant! The patio was truly magical...service, food, music outstanding!Special Features:
- Classic Lons at the hermosaYummyDined on 9/28/2014Place is so beautiful! Never goes out of style. Food Delish. Ambience amazing. History of Lons is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Gem!DBG1Dined on 9/28/2014I have not been to Lon's in several years - we went for a Birthday Brunch and I could not have chosen a better venue. Wonderful outdoor dining with well spaced tables and beautiful landscaping. The Service was impeccable - they even gave my friend a Birthday card signed by the staff. The Brunch menu is delicious - offering a la carte as well as a buffet. We decided not to do the buffet & servings were generous. Lastly, they brought a delicious desert with a candle. The Valley has a lot of good restaurants to choose from - I would add this to the list!Special Features:
- Quiet, rustic atmospherebh325Dined on 9/27/2014I brought my date to Lon's for restaurant week; we like to try to get to at least two or three places every time restaurant week comes around. The menu at Lon's is small, the portions are not. Our server was a little bored at first and made sure we knew every tidbit about the place and the menu, which we found amusing. This is not a place for a quick dinner, though, expect to spend at least an hour. Our favorite part was the Blinker mocktail.Special Features:
- Great experienceRogeritatoVIPDined on 9/27/2014Went for dinner with a group of 7. Had made a reservation since it was Restaurant Week. Since it had was raining they had to juggle tables around inside. We lucked out getting the downstairs wine cellar dining room with our own waiter (Michael). The service was top notch and the food is always fantastic. We didn't want to leave our unique dining room but will be back again for dinner, just won't get the wine cellar as it has a minimum cost of $1,500 usually.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014You can always count on having an exceptional dining experience at Lon's. Beautiful restaurant and patio, great food and location!Special Features:
- excellent dining on the patioadrnalnDined on 9/24/2014The sevice wa impecable, the food was delicious, the music added to the ambiance. Overwall, we had as great evening and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShowgirlDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I made an impromptu date night at Lon's during Restaurant Week. Late in lingering September heat, we dined out on the patio, and it was absolutely lovely. Rustic lanterns at every table, string lights in the trees, trickling fountains, and a mellow vocalist all added up to a romantic evening. Service was excellent, whether it was our waiter, or the many attendants who refilled water glasses or removed dishes. The salad and potato leek soup for the first course were delicious and perfect proportions. It was dark by the time our entree arrived, making it difficult to appreciate how lovely was the salmon atop the tomato risotto, but it was truly delicious! My husband is still talking about the pecan pie and honey gelato!Special Features:
- Great Location! Value's Not ThereWhatPricePatioDined on 9/23/2014Hermosa has turned Lon's into a major operation with apparent emphasis on corporate groups business and special occasion diners. The location is wonderful, the patio absolutely beautiful and the service reasonably professional. However, the tables are dark even with the gas lamps (nice touch) on high so it's a bit difficult to see. Also the bread while delicious was cold. When the waiter returned with warm bread, the butter container was still cold, which of course isn't acceptable. The food was good but for $90 (with tip)) 2 entrees, no drinks, no sides, appetizers or desserts, all-in-all, the experience wasn't there. We don't need to know the waiter's name. Warm bread would be better.Special Features:
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014Entertained East coast friends at this restaurant for dinner and they loved it. The patio setting, food and service were all perfect for our little group. I appreciated the authentic "Arizona" feel to show off to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent, but...DiningDuoDined on 9/21/2014We visited for Restaurant Week, so we chose from their special menu. Although the service was excellent, the venue great, the food was average & we felt the portions were smaller than we're used to (possibly because it was Restaurant Week). My husband wasn't impressed and didn't feel he had got enough to eat for the money paid, even with a small salad, main course (he had a small piece of salmon), & small dessert (we were expecting a slice of pecan pie, but received a small round tart that tasted store bought with lots more crust than filling), neither of us cared for it. We probably wouldn't go back unless it's to try breakfast or lunch and see how that goes. The outdoor patio is lovely & they had a cowboy singer, which was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Love their steaks!FlyingYaYaDined on 9/21/2014Lon's is consistently very good. We came again during AZ Restaurant Week but decided to go with an entre off their summer menu instead...steak! Meat was very good and cooked perfectly! The service was very attentive and sometimes a bit too much, but I rather have too much service than not enough! If it was just a little cooler outside we would have dined in their lovely patio area...but we chose inside this time which is always nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lon's: Surprisingly (only) 'Good'.ScrapsDined on 9/20/2014We dined at Lon's during Arizona Restaurant Week. We thought it would be an excellent introduction to the restaurant. As it turned out, it was only a 'good' introduction to Lon's. The ambiance on the patio was exceptional, with live music in the background. Though the temps were warm outside, it was a perfect night to be on the patio. The service was well paced and attentive. Our expectations were high, but surprisingly, the food was simply 'good'...surprisingly. The appetizers of salad and squash were both 'good', but not exceptional. The entrees of steak and the Scottish Salmon were good, but not memorable. The dessert - "cheesecake not to be missed" - was good, but not the best. Surprisingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Team Effort!RibeyemavenDined on 9/20/2014This was our first experience at Lon's, and it could not have been better. The hosts were warm and friendly, and the service staff was very friendly and responsive. The team seemed genuinely interested in ensuring that we had a wonderful meal and a positive experience. The food was excellent, both in taste & appearance. The Inn itself was beautiful as well, and the patio dining was very pleasant. Truly a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting n' great serviceTrilogyTravelersDined on 9/20/2014We did the Open Table menu and have to say we were just satisfied. Presentation was wonderful, but all of the courses were just so so, especially for the price. The ambience was stellar, music the best, service superb, but for the price of the food we wouldn't come back. There are so many great restaurants out there and we'll continue forward!Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysPeteDined on 9/19/2014One of the best dining experiences in the valley. Great food, ambiance and service. Could not ask for a better evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lon's is a must! 6 stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Lon's is a must for any person who enjoys excellent ambiance, food, and service. Whether you sit outside to enjoy the weather and it you are lucky the music which was a harpist and guitarist when we dined on a Friday. Just a beautiful place. I will be back more often.Special Features:
- Great service so so food.PHXlocalDined on 9/19/2014Our third visit to the Hermosa. Service and ambience is always outstanding. Food is cooked well however, it has consistantly lacked depth and flavor. Our steaks and salmon were under seasoned each visit. Deserts are ok with the exception of the Lon's candy bar which is quite delicious. Wine list is solid as well.Special Features:
- Charming spot with wonderful foodCronzioDined on 9/18/2014Lon's was the perfect choice for my recent anniversary. We sat outside near the fountain and soaked in the ambience. Asked to speak with the som to order a nice bottle of wine, and had fish that was perfectly cooked. The waitstaff was over accommodating and we can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service to kill for...rep22Dined on 9/16/2014What a beautiful restaurant! This was my first time to visit, although Its been recommended by friends several times. The service was outstanding!!! I took advantage of the unbelievable Pinot Noir selection from Wilamette Valley, so I don't remember our servers name..... I had the Himalayan Salt Seared Ahi Tuna and it was unbelievable, what a presentation! I also had the Pecan Wood Grilled Beef Tenderloin, which was a bit disappointing, nice presentation, but not a lot of flavor, but the ambience, service and wine (did I mention the Pinot Noir selection) made up for it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Always great and worth the 500 mile drive! Rich D. is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great and great staff!dmuscaDined on 9/13/2014This place is beautiful. Especially the outdoor dining. The staff was very accommodating. I was cold inside and they quickly set up a table outside for us. The short ribs are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marciaVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have enjoyed dining at Lons for awhile now. The food is delicious. The outdoor patio is gorgeous. The staff is very attentive. We had a wonderful evening with friends who we celebrated their anniversary with. They truly enjoyed themselves and they felt very special. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencericemilitaryeaterDined on 8/29/2014I took my husband here for a milestone birthday recently and had a wonderful time. The food was great, but what was even more memorable was the fantastic service. They really made us feel special.Special Features:
- Love this place!ElmhurstCathyDined on 8/23/2014Lon's is a beautiful restaurant with delicious food and really amazing service. This is the second birthday we have spent at Lon's. We stay at the near by Biltmore and discovered Lon's last year. Everything about the food is delicious from the bread to the entrees to the dessert and of course the service is awesome. Love it. I wish we lived in Phoenix so we could go there more often. They are known for giving a birthday card to the person celebrating and I love this about them. Just excellent all the way around.Special Features:
- Just LovelySPieVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is setting for a peaceful lunch or a romantic dinner. I went for a "ladies lunch" and it was just so nice. I would recommend it for indoor or outdoor dining if you want a dependable experience and a beautiful setting.Special Features:
- gemlondonmanVIPDined on 8/21/2014seems many of the top restaurants in the area are centered around steak, but Lon's was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.