Lon's at The Hermosa
5532 North Palo Cristi Road
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Lon's at The Hermosa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hermosainn.com/lons/
- Phone: 6029557878x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 7:00am-10:00am
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:00pm
Weekend Brunch: Saturdays and Sundays 10:00am-2:00pm
Dinner: Nightly 5:30pm-9pm
Last Drop Bar Happy Hour Daily 4-7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: James Ducas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live music nightly and Saturday & Sunday during Brunch and nightly (weather permitting) on Last Drop Lounge's patio from 6pm-9pm.
- Special Events: Come celebrate local Arizona cuisine with us! Our Chef's Tasting Menu (available Fridays and Saturdays) features a five course tasting menu expertly paired with wines from our award winning list.
- Cross Street: Stanford Dr. & North Palo Cristi Rd
- Public Transit: Effective until late July 2014-Due to construction, Stanford Drive is closed from 32nd Street to Palo Cristi Road. Please access Hermosa Inn from Palo Cristi Road via Lincoln Drive. Detour signs are posted.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking.
A word from Lon's at The Hermosa
LON’s at the Hermosa is an authentic Arizona hacienda surrounded by spectacular scenery. Its elegant dining room melds homemade adobe and rustic ironwork with flattering lighting and carefully set tables. Enjoy award-winning Artful American Cuisine on the spacious patio, or by one of the fireplaces throughout the lounge and dining areas, adorned with art pieces by Lon Megargee. The menus at LON’s offer a memorable culinary experience, which captures spirit, creativity and warmth using bold flavors and compelling combinations that reflect a contemporary take on the multitude of foods originating in the Western Hemisphere. Our chef and master gardener grow a wide selection of organic herbs, heirloom vegetables and fruit on the grounds. Harvested at the peak of their flavor and combined with other locally grown produce, the ingredients are incorporated into brilliantly creative dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Lon's at The Hermosa - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Lon's at The Hermosa reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (115)romantic (99)special occasion (99)fit for foodies (57)notable wine list (50)scenic view (49)neighborhood gem (42)great for brunch (28)good for groups (24)great for lunch (15)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- Just LovelySPieDined on 8/23/2014This is setting for a peaceful lunch or a romantic dinner. I went for a "ladies lunch" and it was just so nice. I would recommend it for indoor or outdoor dining if you want a dependable experience and a beautiful setting.Special Features:
- gemlondonmanVIPDined on 8/21/2014seems many of the top restaurants in the area are centered around steak, but Lon's was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcoming placeOldtimerDined on 8/19/2014Went to Lon's to celebrate our anniversary. We were given a card signed by all of the staff. Lon's is a pleasant old house with good food and great service.Special Features:
- Dinner at Lon'srestaurantsweluvDined on 8/19/2014The ambience was very good - beautiful décor and quiet even though there were 2 parties of 5 people each on either side of us. The service was excellent, everyone was very friendly and eager to please. The Hermosa Salad and the Tortilla soup were both very tasty and enjoyable. Unfortunately the main entrees were disappointing. My fish arrived undercooked. Even after it was re-done it lacked taste other than a coating on top that had excessive salt. The small pieces of peas and prosciutto were also tasteless. Not worth the $42 price tag. For the prices we paid at Lon's we felt there were other restaurants where the entrees were tastier and less expensive. A shame because everything else about the experience was pleasant.Special Features:
- Lon's always delivers amazing...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Food was great, service was seamless, views gorgeous, whether it be for brunch or a pick-me-up, Lon's always is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing again!BoosterDined on 8/8/2014The paella cooked outdoors was fabulous! Great service and environment. Wonderful spot to celebrate my birthday.Special Features:
- charming spotangelDined on 8/7/2014Lon's has a three course meal which offers excellent choice of starters, entree and dessert. Nice wine list and staff is very accomodating to special requests. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a special meal.Special Features:
- Lovely DiningRichVIPDined on 8/5/2014This is a great place for all occasions. This trip was to show a guest to Arizona style. The food is fabulous, although the portions are a bit smaller than most restaurants. The service is top notch, and the dining experience is just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth itbigkev58Dined on 7/26/2014take the time to drive out and experience Lon's. excellent food, excellent service, excellent wine list, couldn't ask for more....Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceHungryDined on 7/20/2014We had some of my husbands customers in town, and Lon's did not let us down. The Food was wonderful, and the Service perfect, they made sure everyone was happy, and my husbands customers felt like royalty!!Special Features:
- SanjuansSanjuansDined on 7/20/2014The Inn was beautiful, the ambiance wonderful. The food was good but wouldn't consider it spectacular. The only real disappointment was our waiter, Eric, who came across, to us, as unprofessional; he didn't seem to know what was in our selected entrees and actually came back to correct himself of the ingredients he thought were included, and he didn't give any explanation about the desserts offered. I actually learned about them from the waiter at the next table explaining to his customers after we had ordered. Was not impressed.Special Features:
- GrampyGrampyDined on 7/18/2014Great location, excellent wait staff and food was as expected, perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lon'sCosmoDined on 7/14/2014I have been to Lons several times in different seasons and each time has been awesome. I especially enjoyed eating on the outdoor patio in the spring. The grounds are beautiful and the stars above make it especially romantic. The patio is dark and therefore very intimate.Special Features:
- Great meal & experienceDiner3Dined on 7/5/2014Our small group of three enjoyed the evening at Lon's very much, great meal and service. We look forward to the next opportunity to dine at Lon's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014We have been to Lon's on several occasions and have had a good dining experience. This time was not up to par. We will wait some time to return.Special Features:
- Legendary Lon'sManeroDined on 6/27/2014Upon our arrival we were greeted with a smile and Happy Anniversary from Andrew, as he read on our reservation we were celebrating our Anniversary. He seated us in a perfect location overlooking the dining area and a lovely view of the outside. He then presented us with an Anniversary card signed by the entire staff - it really touched our heart! Our waiter , Brett, was perfect in recommendations, service, and timing! He recommended The Aviator which is excellent! The wine list is outstanding with some big wines that are delicious! The food is excellent- unique choices and pairings- we loved it! A must is the Dry Aged Filet, the truffle Mac and cheese- wow- impressive! Anytime we are in Scottsdale Lon's is a must for our trip! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scottsdale JGMJSMAZVIPDined on 6/24/2014A recent lunch here with a group was a 5 Star rated experience: INCREDIBLE food, service, ambiance, and location. It is a MUST for brunch, lunch, happy hour, or dinner if you want an exceptional experience; a WINNER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch!SavvydinnerchicDined on 6/22/2014I received a recommendation to Lon's at The Hermosa from a co-worker and it turned out to be an excellent choice. The food was great, I had the Hangar Steak & Frites, the steak was tender and moist. The others in my party (it was 6 of us) all raved about their brunch selections. The atmosphere I would describe as "rustic- cowboy", there is a beautiful outdoor seating area, if it wasn't 100 degrees on the day we went I would have elected to sit outside. In all Lon's was excellent, great service and ambience!Special Features:
- Ahhhh!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Although the menu is limited (only 5 or 6 entrees), the list changes often ... and in my experience, each is masterfully prepared!Special Features:
- Amazing ExperiencefinediningDined on 6/20/2014Lon's was an amazing experience. I would recommend it to anyone who is searching for a upscale dining experience. The food was amazing and the wine list provided choices that would dazzle even the most discriminating connoisseur.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, very poor foodTheFineFoodCriticVIPDined on 6/19/2014This was our third attempt at this restaurant. Because the ratings are so positive, we thought we must have had uniquely poor food on our first two attempts. Unfortunately, once again, we each received very poorly prepared and unpleasant food. A real shame, because we absolutely love the atmosphere, and really hoped to be able to return. This will be our last attempt at dinner or lunch, but we will try again at breakfast.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/16/2014While the service was above par, the food was not. First of all the lunch menu was too small. We opted to have the foie gras appetiser which was good. We then had the chopped salad. There was one piece of chicken in mine and the vegetables were fibrous. We could not determine what they were as they had no taste or color. There was nothing else on the menu which appealed to us.Special Features:
- Not good foodNormDined on 6/15/2014The special Father's Day dinner was exceptionally poor. BBQ food should not be all dried out with smoke the only taste present. The peach tart had almost no peaches and was also exceedingly dry though the ice cream was OK.
- Father's Day brunchGregfDined on 6/15/2014I'd been years since being there. The restaurant still has the feel of an old southwest building. The food is excellent. Everyone enjoyed what they'd ordered and polished their plates. Highly recommended for special times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014A little disappointed with service. Served wrong food belonging to another table. Dining room was dark. Not exactly what we expected from this establishment. We will give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackadaisical serviceIrenaDined on 6/15/2014I took my family to Lon's Father's Day on Sunday and was very disappointed not only with the food but the service. We had to ask three times for a high chair (took almost 30 min after arrival to get one), the appetizer never came out and the waitress didn't even care to apologize. The food was just ok. I expected more give the great reputation of the chef but that didn't really bother me so much as did the lackadaisical service we got from our waitress. The setting was nice as always and the drinks were great too. It will be a while until I decide to dine here again but might go for The Last Drop or Happy Hour.Special Features:
- Disappointed!FoodieVIPDined on 6/9/2014Our reservations were made and acknowledged to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Our tab was quite pricey for two - in the $250. range partially due to an expensive bottle of chardonnay. We would have thought that they might comp a dessert for our special occasion (we even exchanged cards and gifts at our table), but sadly no. We won't be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in Phoenix!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/9/2014We loved everything about Lon's. Breads, Hermosa salad, short ribs and salmon-all were perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining under the treesBabsVIPDined on 6/7/2014Our dinner was very good, nice bread assortment that we din't have to request, delicious salad, the entrees were excellent, side of Brussels sprouts were very tasty and the desserts were yummy. Will definitely go back, hopefully soon. This is what restaurant food should be.Special Features:
- Still one of my favoriteLeesyVIPDined on 6/6/2014The old, Arizona loveliness. Beautiful, secluded and excellent food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/6/2014We have never been disappointed with Lon's after a number of visits. The food and service are top notch. Whether a casual dinner, special occasion or holiday it should be on everyone's list of where to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Slow ServiceCacs2000Dined on 5/28/2014Dinning was nice and food was great. Signature drinks were refreshing and delicious. Our table was across from the wait staff pantry service area which was distracting. Very slow service due to a lack of staff being on duty. Our waiter did a nice job but appeared to be preoccupied in trying to manage several other diners. We would recommend but caution that service could be slow.Special Features:
- LacklusterAlwaysHopefulDined on 5/26/2014On our 35th anniversary we thought it would be fun to return to the venue of our wedding reception, Hermosa Inn. It happened to fall in restaurant week so that was even better. While the ambience is lovely and the service was fine, our food was (at best) mediocre. I'm hoping if we'd ordered a $72 steak off the menu it would have been better. On a side note, as a business, this was an opportunity to make clients feel very special and to perhaps let the joy "spill over" quietly to nearby tables. A simple inexpensive complimentary glass of champagne would have been an easy and appropriate gesture. We had a stock greeting card on our table. In contrast Seasons 52 & Del Frisco's celebrated with us when we dined with our kids the night prior.Special Features:
- Lovely!Local1Dined on 5/26/2014As usual, everything was perfect! We were greeted warmly. Service was exceptional. The food was outstanding!Special Features:
- DisappointingFoodieloverDined on 5/25/2014Based on the previous reviews I was looking forward to eating here.We had booked and when we arrived (on time) we chose to sit at the very pretty outdoor tables (which are a big plus).We were told the table was not ready(short staffed and "lots of walk ins").We loitered for 5mins until finally seated.It was restaurant week and had the option of set menu or normal.I felt the set menu was a bit boring and didn't reflect much of what was on their core menu(which is v pricey).My first choice on the set menu had run out.I chose a soup instead which was nice.My husbands corn soup was bland.My trio of pork was over cooked/tough and vegetables under.His beef was ok.his desert was the only saviour of the whole evening. Overall very disappointed.Special Features:
- Back In TimeDavidDined on 5/25/2014Went here for Restaurant Week (first-timers). Enjoyed it for the most part. We dined in the outdoor patio and a old western singer was performing. He added a lot to the Old Phoenix feeling.I enjoyed the gazpacho but my wife didn't We both liked the hanger steak cooked as we ordered, she had basil mashed while I had the fries. I'm all for "steak frites," but this was a giant serving, way out of proportion to the dish. They were OK, nothing special. Desserts were top notch (peach cobbler, raspberry mousse cake). Nice selection of unusual cocktails and wine by the glass. We'll return--especially if that cowboy's singing.Special Features:
- Fabulous MenufoxychristyDined on 5/24/2014My husband has been telling me about Lon's for years. We didnt take the time to make it up there from Chandler & I kept pestering him about it. We went last weekend over AZ Restaurant Week. The menu was incredible, you cant really beat going to a restaurant for the first time & stuffing yourself full on 3 courses for only $40! But Lons did just that. I absolutely loved how wellcrafted all of the menu items were, down to the bread & cracker plate. My salmon tasted so fresh & I was impressed with the fresh garden herbs & flowers that accommodated it. The dessert was incredible, so be sure you leave room!Special Features:
- VERY DISAPOINTINGGlobalDined on 5/24/2014We went to Lon's on saturday evening as part restaurant week In Phoenix/Scottsdale. The menu was appealing and we had heard good thing about the establishment. first disapointement... the food. the gazpacho had no peculiar taste... My wife had the chicken and I had the scottish salmon... presentation ordinary. The taste... blend and neutral... neither of us finished our plate hoping the desert would make it up... another disapointement. As for the service, the personnel should take a crash course on how to serve wine... when to take a plate away ( certainly not while the other party is still eating...) Go to Lon's for the setting and the atmosphere, certainly not for the food. Really disapointing for a restaurant charging those prices...
- Food and service were lackingPCResidentsVIPDined on 5/24/2014We had a pretty weird dining experience here. I've only heard great things and was very excited to check it out. The food was hit or miss, a couple dishes were great and a couple were inedible. The service was distracted and odd, the server even stopped mid taking our order to have a conversation with other guests who were walking by. The ambience is amazing, but not worth returning for given their other shortcomings.Special Features:
- Lovely anniversary dinner!LLLouDined on 5/24/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at Lon's. Our food was fabulous, service first rate & atmosphere magical. Happy Anniversary written in chocolate sauce on our dessert plate was a perfect way to end a wonderful evening. Thank you Lon's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.