315 Waukegan Ave
Highwood, IL 60040Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.longitud315.com/
- Phone: (847) 926-7495
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, South American
- Executive Chef: Tony Castillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Longitud315
Longitud315 is the life-long dream of Venezuelan-born Chef Tony Castillo. A concept that was born as a result of his childhood memories cooking side to side with his grandmother. She taught him that cooking wasn't about just cooking a dish, but great cooking "comes from the heart." Chef Tony's wish is to transmit his passion for cooking in every single dish and for each of our patrons to have the most memorable dining experience...Continued
Chef Tony brings to the North Shore and to all food lovers a new fusion of South American flavors with exotic Venezuelan, Argentinian, Brazilian, Ecuadorian and Peruvian flavors...
Chef Tony brings to the North Shore and to all food lovers a new fusion of South American flavors with exotic Venezuelan, Argentinian, Brazilian, Ecuadorian and Peruvian flavors...
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Longitud315 - Best Restaurants in Highwood ›
Longitud315 reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (112)neighborhood gem (104)special occasion (44)hot spot (39)good for groups (36)romantic (31)late-night find (9)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/17/2014I came with a group of older women from Lake Forest ( Senior Group ) and EVERYONE WAS THRILLED !!!!!!! As the Program Director I chose this restaurant and you made me look good !! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Loved the food. Our waiter was amazing - knowledgeable, friendly, patient with pronounication of dishes names. Only complaint was that it was hard to hear each other talk. Would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Great food and wonderful service. We can't recommend Longitud315 highly enough. The menu is exciting and healthy. We look forward to returning and trying more great dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food--glad we tried itPamandMikeDined on 11/14/2014My husband and I went for my birthday. The menu sounded fantastic. We arrived on time but waited 10 minutes to be seated. No problem waiting but there isnt a bar area, so we just stood there. They repeatedly updated us and were apologetic, but it was fine. The server came by as soon as we sat to introduce herself, then disappeared, never returned for 10....15.... Minutes. Another server noticed us and sent the manager over who immediately took care of us and turns out the server just forgot--busy friday night, it can happen. We got some wine, ordered and had a wonderful dinner. The food is outstanding. And we were never charged for our bottomless wine and the manager kept checking on us. Happy customers, we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LBI2Dined on 11/13/20141st time visit to Longitud315 on recommendation of a friend. Very nice S.American menu. Excellent service. Started with ceviche, followed by corvina with a pepper sauce and pickled onions and skirt steak São Paulo. Desserts were flan and bread pudding, both excellent. But go with the flan--super creamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty South American CuisineDisappointedVIPDined on 11/10/2014Representing spices and seasonings from Brazil, Chile, Columbia, and Venezuela, my consort (who is Brazilian) and I had a series of small plates (quail, quinoa salad, and empanadas) that were tasty, strong with flavor, and interesting blend of tart and sweet with garlic. The music was just the right volume and a set the mood for a quiet dinner. Not a large place, the lighting and the decor are soothing and the tables are spaced in a way that lends to quiet conversation. They surprised us with a complimentary dessert in honor of their anniversary. Warm bread pudding with chocolate sauce and lemon sorbet were tasty, too. My single criteria for a restaurant: Would I go back? Yes, I would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go with friendsArdaDined on 11/6/2014Love this place. The food is creative and delicious, is great for special occasions without being pretentious and it all around delivers a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SallyVIPDined on 10/31/2014Squash vegetarian item was delicious. So was the Salmon.
- Stand Out RestaurantAndreaDined on 10/30/2014What a fabulous find in a small store front location in Highwood. I have driven by this place dozens of time and never noticed it. I will be back again and again. It has a creative set of offerings, beautifully served and as delicious as they look. But the stand out was dessert. The Choca-coco-late cake with coconut sorbet was the most unbelievable, fabulous chocolate (actually cocoa) confection I have ever had. I would come back just for that alone! WOW! I am already planing my return. What a find!Special Features:
- Can't go wrongdb4sDined on 10/29/2014The service and food were impeccable. No hesitation in recommending this wonderful restaurant where the food has a great combination of tastes!Special Features:
- Great nightbetsysimsonDined on 10/29/2014Thank you Vanessa and all! Salmon was my favorite but I loved everything!
- Good foodstingywithpraisesDined on 10/29/2014I came here because a co-worker recommended it. The empanadas, particularly the potato and brisket one, were as good as advertised. My friend said that was saying something (which it is)! I tend to rate everything as OK. I've not spent any time in Highwood but walked around afterwards. It's a nice little area. I hear other restaurants there are good as well. I'll be back if I'm in the area.Special Features:
- Unique and Exceptional!AnneDined on 10/25/2014We came for my husband's birthday. I had been to Longitud once before with some friends, he had never been. He just loved it and I enjoyed it even more than last time. Our server Susie was helpful and terrific, we enjoyed meeting the chef and the co-owner of the restaurant. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. The quality of Longitud315 is apparent in its food and service. We will come back and hopefully bring family and friends who have not had the pleasure of dining here yet!Special Features:
- df1919Dined on 10/25/2014This was a great experience! Our server Scott was a great help with his suggestions. Excellent food and service! We will be back!Special Features:
- Best in Recent Memory!!!RJM0VIPDined on 10/24/2014I normally never write a review unless something was bad. Longitud315 has caused me to depart from my usual M.O.; this was the best meal I've had in recent years. I don't consider myself a foodie but I am somewhat of a food snob; not easily impressed. Our waiter was attentive without being bothersome; his intensity in service humored me at times but didn't miss a beat and there was no special show needed. The ambiance was in line with the service a simple but superb South American flair. Now the food. We started with Corvina Ceviche, some of the best ceviche ever; very flavorful and not at all fishy. I am going to run out of characters but let me just say everything we had was flavored to perfection. Make sure you have the empanadas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Longitud315criticalIDined on 10/24/2014Always an enjoyable dining experience: menu changes frequently and is always inspired, great wine list and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative cuisineHPdinerVIPDined on 10/23/2014We had a delicious meal with superb service. A small neighborhood restaurant with an outstanding chef who is creating inspiring Latin American dishes.Special Features:
- Loved the fried plantains.DiningoutVIPDined on 10/18/2014Fried plantains were served at each table with a spicy dipping sauce. They had a diverse small plate menu for appetizers. Four of us shared an Assortment of Empanadas....the best I've ever had and the Arepas Dona Ynes....very tasty. If you like skirt steak, many entrees featured skirt steak and they were cooked to your liking. I ordered Churrascos, a combination of skirt steak, sausage and organic chicken breast. It had a lot of great flavors except the chicken breast was overcooked. Would definitely go back again to try other small plates and entrees.Special Features:
- A Terrific MealBandolDined on 10/18/2014Our first visit rewarded us with delicious meal and many new dishes to explore. Per previous reviews, the Drunken Mushrooms were outstanding, the stuffed skirt steak was memorable, and the wine was good. The restaurant is wine and beer only. The service was just OK. Do not go during Highwood's Pumpkin Fest as parking is impossible and they do not have valet service. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beware of billhighwood14Dined on 10/16/2014went to eat with a group of friends - we are all new to the area, and had heard great things about the restaurant. at the end of our meal, we were all a little shocked about the total. the next day i contacted the restaurant asking to review our bill as they had overcharged us about 80usd. the owner wrote back apologizing, as they had charged us for 2 BOTTLES instead of 2 glasses of wine, offering a full refund for the wine, with the 2 complimentary for the mixup. when the refund came, it barely covered the mixup given that they didn't include the tax nor the tipping on the additional charges. a bittersweet experience.Special Features:
- Nice surprise!chaos395VIPDined on 10/12/2014Very attractive and pleasant restaurant. We were immediately led to our table and given menus. A basket of delicious plantain chips were provided, as well as a tasty dip. We ordered a variety of items from the "small dishes" side of the menu, which included the drunken mushrooms, Assortment of Empanadas, Rellenitos Machu Pichu, Corvina Ceviche, and Brazilian Style Center Cut Lamb Chops. Everything was fantastic with our favorites being the Ceviche, mushrooms and the lamb chops. We'd suggest the restaurant sharpen their steak knives. The meat wasn't tough but the knives are really dull. We'll definitely be back (soon) and will be telling our friends about this great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What great service!SERVICEDined on 10/11/2014Aside from the food being delicious and unique, the service is just a 10...........everyone was so invested in making sure that our experience was perfect..............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fo gluten free folksglutenfreefoodieDined on 10/9/2014They make a GF flatbread that is delicious. And the mushrooms with wine, empanadas, arepas, lambchops are all wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every dish was worth returning forKashaDined on 10/8/2014I read several reviews ahead of time so I knew some of the favorites. We arrived very hungry so immediately ordered the empanadas. They came fairly quickly, as did all the other dishes. All outstanding: Drunken mushrooms, the specialty meat platter, empanadas, crab cakes and complimentary plantain chips and chimichunga sauce (very lively with lots of garlic), which I wasn't sure I'd like, but could have made a meal of it. Attentive service. Even though my friends and I closed the place down, we never felt hurried. Two of us just had beers, a perfect compliment to the food, so the bill wasn't outrageous, a little over $94 before tip. Would definitely return and trust ordering anything else on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SimplySuzDined on 10/8/2014Gone twice now...on a Friday night and on a Wednesday. Both nights the restaurant was full without being crowded. The food....divine! The service...IMPECABLE! Don't miss out on this neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Loved Longitude 315Foodies2Dined on 10/6/2014This was our fourth visit since August 11, 2014. We have been back with different people each time. Great service, relaxed casual atmosphere, delicious food, interesting flavors, probably not for those who like "plain" stuff but not crazy interesting. Wonderful flatbread. Wines and beer are good and reasonably priced---no hard liquor available. Servers are friendly. Have met the chef and managers who circulate. Desserts are good too if you have room. We will be back. We love the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!NorthshorefoodieDined on 10/6/2014Never disappoints! Great for sharing plates and very accommodating to dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ashurOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/3/2014A gem of a restaurant here in the north suburbs. We will definitely return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal for four.dlpensDined on 10/2/2014My wife and I joined another couple on Thursday night. Knowing from reading previous reviews that we would be better off getting there before 6:30 we made a reservation through Open Table for 6:00 and upon arrival, we were promptly shown to our table. The menu was wonderful - because we could order small plates we treated the restaurant as a tapas restaurant. We only ordered appetizers, a beet salad and one or 2 small plates. as previous reviewers have noted the drunken mushrooms were outstanding as was the bruschetta, the mushroom/feta empanadas and an eggplant dish the name of which escapes me at this time. Very highly recommended1 And we will be returning and probably often as we live close by.Special Features:
- Something lacking on a Weds nightFaith1106VIPDined on 10/1/2014Can't pinpoint. Strange odor upon entering (mildew? sewage?) wasn't pleasant. Dining room VERY dark, hard to read menu. We shared grilled mussels - 6 on a small platter. Attractive. Good. Needed "something". Also shared the lamb chops. Waiter said they are small/appetizer size. We each had 3. They were just okay. Quality was NOT top notch. Presentation was nothing special. Bottle of malbec. Flan for dessert (this was actually very good). Don't know whether or not made in-house. Quite pricey - about $92 for two appetizers, 1 dessert and a bottle of wine. Tasted the sangria which reminded me of an uber sweet kosher wine. Not for me. Don't think I would go back. If you want this type of food, try Libertad in Skokie.
- South American FindHungryMungryDined on 9/29/2014Best South American cooking on the North Shore. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Wouldn't run back...DeeksVIPDined on 9/27/2014Loved this place the first time we ate there about a year ago. I thought the food this time was just ok. If Im paying that much to eat out in Highwood I expect better. Service is very slow.
- Longitud315OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This is a excellent restaurant at which I have now had two excellent meals. The food is outstanding, the portions and value of the menu quite good, the service extremely friendly. We will return next month for family birthday celebration. I would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- A wonderful experienceRtinocVIPDined on 9/20/2014It was our first time and we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Service is great and the food was amazing!!!! I loved the arepas. The churrascos with white rice, black beans and plantains took me back home...Chef himself came to our table because I was from Venezuela. Needless to say, we will be backSpecial Features:
- The BEST of the BEST!PICKYBUTHONESTVIPDined on 9/19/2014I dine at this restaurant time and time again. Every time I eat there I wish I would have come the night before! I can eat at Longitud315 every night!Special Features:
- Wonderful Find!HappyCustomerDined on 9/19/2014We recently moved to the north shore from the city and are always looking for great spots that match the quality of big city dining and stumbled across this fabulous restaurant! Fresh, high quality meats, perfectly prepared South American fare. Small but excellent beer selection. Nice wine list. Wonderful service! Lovely intimate setting. We will definitely be back again and again! You will not be disappointed!!Special Features:
- Continues to impress!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/18/2014New fall menu includes some amazingly creative dishes. Chef Tony demonstrates his passion for the gastronomic greatness in his sauces and authentic creations! We have become frequent diners here. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drunken Mushrooms A FavoriteOrchidblueDined on 9/13/2014Menu items like "Drunken Mushrooms" tell the story of this Brazilian restaurants menu. It is as imaginative as it is delicious. Four of us ordered from an assortment of small and large plate offerings and we were delighted with each of them. We enjoyed Sangria with our food but there was an extensive wine to pair with all of the food selections. We were a little surprised that the restaurant was located in commercial strip although there were other restaurants mixed in. The main disappointment was our waiter who had an attitude problem. From our initial encounter we felt that he didn't want to be there and that he was doing US a favor. This continued throughout our meal. In review, the food is fabulous but service needs improvementSpecial Features:
- Good food and funFoodies2Dined on 9/12/2014This was our third visit in one month. Brought some foodie friends with us. Shared a few appetizers and salad and two main courses and two desserts. Everything was delicious! Wine was reasonably priced and very good. Chef/owner, Tony came out to greet us. He is very enthusiastic and proud of his creations. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A talented chef and great staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/11/2014A consistently wonderful dining experience! We have enjoyed Chef Tony's culinary creativity several times. Always amazing! The staff is courteous, competent and make every meal memorable. :-). We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.