315 Waukegan Ave
Highwood, IL 60040Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.longitud315.com/
- Phone: 8479267495x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, South American
- Executive Chef: Tony Castillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Longitud315
Longitud315 is the life-long dream of Venezuelan-born Chef Tony Castillo. A concept that was born as a result of his childhood memories cooking side to side with his grandmother. She taught him that cooking wasn't about just cooking a dish, but great cooking "comes from the heart." Chef Tony's wish is to transmit his passion for cooking in every single dish and for each of our patrons to have the most memorable dining experience...Continued
Chef Tony brings to the North Shore and to all food lovers a new fusion of South American flavors with exotic Venezuelan, Argentinian, Brazilian, Ecuadorian and Peruvian flavors...
Chef Tony brings to the North Shore and to all food lovers a new fusion of South American flavors with exotic Venezuelan, Argentinian, Brazilian, Ecuadorian and Peruvian flavors...
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Longitud315 - Best Restaurants in Highwood ›
Longitud315 reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (116)fit for foodies (105)special occasion (42)hot spot (40)good for groups (38)romantic (30)notable wine list (8)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- A Terrific MealBandolDined on 10/18/2014Our first visit rewarded us with delicious meal and many new dishes to explore. Per previous reviews, the Drunken Mushrooms were outstanding, the stuffed skirt steak was memorable, and the wine was good. The restaurant is wine and beer only. The service was just OK. Do not go during Highwood's Pumpkin Fest as parking is impossible and they do not have valet service. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!chaos395VIPDined on 10/12/2014Very attractive and pleasant restaurant. We were immediately led to our table and given menus. A basket of delicious plantain chips were provided, as well as a tasty dip. We ordered a variety of items from the "small dishes" side of the menu, which included the drunken mushrooms, Assortment of Empanadas, Rellenitos Machu Pichu, Corvina Ceviche, and Brazilian Style Center Cut Lamb Chops. Everything was fantastic with our favorites being the Ceviche, mushrooms and the lamb chops. We'd suggest the restaurant sharpen their steak knives. The meat wasn't tough but the knives are really dull. We'll definitely be back (soon) and will be telling our friends about this great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What great service!SERVICEDined on 10/11/2014Aside from the food being delicious and unique, the service is just a 10...........everyone was so invested in making sure that our experience was perfect..............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fo gluten free folksglutenfreefoodieDined on 10/9/2014They make a GF flatbread that is delicious. And the mushrooms with wine, empanadas, arepas, lambchops are all wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every dish was worth returning forKashaDined on 10/8/2014I read several reviews ahead of time so I knew some of the favorites. We arrived very hungry so immediately ordered the empanadas. They came fairly quickly, as did all the other dishes. All outstanding: Drunken mushrooms, the specialty meat platter, empanadas, crab cakes and complimentary plantain chips and chimichunga sauce (very lively with lots of garlic), which I wasn't sure I'd like, but could have made a meal of it. Attentive service. Even though my friends and I closed the place down, we never felt hurried. Two of us just had beers, a perfect compliment to the food, so the bill wasn't outrageous, a little over $94 before tip. Would definitely return and trust ordering anything else on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SimplySuzDined on 10/8/2014Gone twice now...on a Friday night and on a Wednesday. Both nights the restaurant was full without being crowded. The food....divine! The service...IMPECABLE! Don't miss out on this neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Loved Longitude 315Foodies2Dined on 10/6/2014This was our fourth visit since August 11, 2014. We have been back with different people each time. Great service, relaxed casual atmosphere, delicious food, interesting flavors, probably not for those who like "plain" stuff but not crazy interesting. Wonderful flatbread. Wines and beer are good and reasonably priced---no hard liquor available. Servers are friendly. Have met the chef and managers who circulate. Desserts are good too if you have room. We will be back. We love the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!NorthshorefoodieDined on 10/6/2014Never disappoints! Great for sharing plates and very accommodating to dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ashurOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/3/2014A gem of a restaurant here in the north suburbs. We will definitely return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal for four.dlpensDined on 10/2/2014My wife and I joined another couple on Thursday night. Knowing from reading previous reviews that we would be better off getting there before 6:30 we made a reservation through Open Table for 6:00 and upon arrival, we were promptly shown to our table. The menu was wonderful - because we could order small plates we treated the restaurant as a tapas restaurant. We only ordered appetizers, a beet salad and one or 2 small plates. as previous reviewers have noted the drunken mushrooms were outstanding as was the bruschetta, the mushroom/feta empanadas and an eggplant dish the name of which escapes me at this time. Very highly recommended1 And we will be returning and probably often as we live close by.Special Features:
- Something lacking on a Weds nightFaith1106VIPDined on 10/1/2014Can't pinpoint. Strange odor upon entering (mildew? sewage?) wasn't pleasant. Dining room VERY dark, hard to read menu. We shared grilled mussels - 6 on a small platter. Attractive. Good. Needed "something". Also shared the lamb chops. Waiter said they are small/appetizer size. We each had 3. They were just okay. Quality was NOT top notch. Presentation was nothing special. Bottle of malbec. Flan for dessert (this was actually very good). Don't know whether or not made in-house. Quite pricey - about $92 for two appetizers, 1 dessert and a bottle of wine. Tasted the sangria which reminded me of an uber sweet kosher wine. Not for me. Don't think I would go back. If you want this type of food, try Libertad in Skokie.
- South American FindHungryMungryDined on 9/29/2014Best South American cooking on the North Shore. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Wouldn't run back...DeeksVIPDined on 9/27/2014Loved this place the first time we ate there about a year ago. I thought the food this time was just ok. If Im paying that much to eat out in Highwood I expect better. Service is very slow.
- Longitud315OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This is a excellent restaurant at which I have now had two excellent meals. The food is outstanding, the portions and value of the menu quite good, the service extremely friendly. We will return next month for family birthday celebration. I would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- A wonderful experienceRtinocVIPDined on 9/20/2014It was our first time and we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Service is great and the food was amazing!!!! I loved the arepas. The churrascos with white rice, black beans and plantains took me back home...Chef himself came to our table because I was from Venezuela. Needless to say, we will be backSpecial Features:
- The BEST of the BEST!PICKYBUTHONESTVIPDined on 9/19/2014I dine at this restaurant time and time again. Every time I eat there I wish I would have come the night before! I can eat at Longitud315 every night!Special Features:
- Wonderful Find!HappyCustomerDined on 9/19/2014We recently moved to the north shore from the city and are always looking for great spots that match the quality of big city dining and stumbled across this fabulous restaurant! Fresh, high quality meats, perfectly prepared South American fare. Small but excellent beer selection. Nice wine list. Wonderful service! Lovely intimate setting. We will definitely be back again and again! You will not be disappointed!!Special Features:
- Continues to impress!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/18/2014New fall menu includes some amazingly creative dishes. Chef Tony demonstrates his passion for the gastronomic greatness in his sauces and authentic creations! We have become frequent diners here. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drunken Mushrooms A FavoriteOrchidblueDined on 9/13/2014Menu items like "Drunken Mushrooms" tell the story of this Brazilian restaurants menu. It is as imaginative as it is delicious. Four of us ordered from an assortment of small and large plate offerings and we were delighted with each of them. We enjoyed Sangria with our food but there was an extensive wine to pair with all of the food selections. We were a little surprised that the restaurant was located in commercial strip although there were other restaurants mixed in. The main disappointment was our waiter who had an attitude problem. From our initial encounter we felt that he didn't want to be there and that he was doing US a favor. This continued throughout our meal. In review, the food is fabulous but service needs improvementSpecial Features:
- Good food and funFoodies2Dined on 9/12/2014This was our third visit in one month. Brought some foodie friends with us. Shared a few appetizers and salad and two main courses and two desserts. Everything was delicious! Wine was reasonably priced and very good. Chef/owner, Tony came out to greet us. He is very enthusiastic and proud of his creations. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A talented chef and great staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/11/2014A consistently wonderful dining experience! We have enjoyed Chef Tony's culinary creativity several times. Always amazing! The staff is courteous, competent and make every meal memorable. :-). We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Food yummy, service good. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- First Time's a CharmMsBuzzVIPDined on 9/7/2014I had read a review of Longitude315 and it sounded pretty good. We were so glad we went!. Everything was great. The service couldn't have been nicer. Everyone was pleasant, helpful, inviting. The only thing better than the service was the food. Everything we had we raved about. My son had learned about arepas in his Spanish class so we ordered those - pork and chicken. They were wonderful! Loved the combination of textures and and flavors. Also had the assortment of empanadas - so good. Again, textures and flavors were spot on. And don't get me started on the plantains and chimichurri sauce they bring to every table - I could have eaten that all night. We split the Churrascos and the best pork chop I've ever had. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- great food , nice sangria & winesfoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014great food, appetizers desert etc, plus GF options tooSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014I prefer seating at a regular table height, rather than taller bar height tables and chairsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodark1111Dined on 9/4/2014Such a surprise to find this gem of a place. The food is great the service is wonderful. We had the South American beers that went great with all the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This was our first time eating at Longitude 315 after many of our friends shared how much they loved this place. I must say that it exceeded our high expectations ... The food and service were outstanding. Although we were unfamiliar with South American cuisine, it was prepared so deliciously that we can't wait to return. It was obvious why the place was very busy and appeared to be very popular so don't plan on a real quiet dinner... But not so noisy as to be a problem visiting with friends. We asked for a table in the corner when the reservations were made and that was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonMDined on 8/29/2014We have never been disappointed at Longitude 315. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TtenrabDined on 8/27/2014This is a local gem. Great food and service. Sometimes hard to get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, pleasant serviceSouthernbelle27Dined on 8/27/2014Our party of four enjoyed trying different dishes...the empanadas were very good, lamb chops spectacular. Making a reservation via open table proved to be convenient and efficient....We will return....Special Features:
- Always wonderful! Food is great!SaritaDined on 8/23/2014Awesome food and service. We love dining here. We enjoy the fact that menu is seasonable and look forward to trying new things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I ate here on a Friday night. Very energetic and not a huge room so it gets loud, but it's just part of the great experience. It's a wonderful neighborhood restaurant with excellent food, drinks and service. The white sangria is very good and that's coming from someone who doesn't usually like sangria. The food is excellent with empanadas that are the best I have had anywhere. The drunken mushrooms are another must try: creative and tasty. We both got skirt steak based big plates that were both perfectly prepared and were addictive that were accompanied by a great flatbread that we wish we had more of. And let's not forget the plantain chips and chimichurri that start the meal. Excellent all around. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A SOUTH AMERICAN GEMSPClearwaterFLDined on 8/20/2014Our first visit to this neighborhood gem in Highwood, IL was wonderful! We have traveled to Argentina, Chile and Brazil. We were impressed with the fusion of flavors from these countries. The wine list was varied and represented very good South American wines. The service was great!Special Features:
- Wonderful, differentdekyleDined on 8/18/2014You're going to love this place, authentic South American cuisine is not something you see everyday. It has a flavor profile that's both intriguing and comforting, which comes from the fire grilled smoky food. Generous portions and expert servers make for an extremely delightful dining experienced. You're welcomed to hang around too, no rush.Special Features:
- About Longitud 315delicious15Dined on 8/17/2014My husband and I love going to this restaurant because of the food, ambience, and service. We are always greeted warmly. (this was our third visit) Because we were celebrating a special occasion we started with wine cocktails that were delicious. The restaurant serves both small and large plates and we decided to go with small plates that we had never ordered before. We had mussels, eggplant, grilled pineapple, a shredded chicken dish. We ordered the plates two at a time and in between munched on crispy plantains and dip. We finished by sharing a piece of the stellar flourless chocolate cake and coffee. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Brazilian experiencechitownpjDined on 8/16/2014Great food and atmosphere. I visited Brazil years ago and this place is a little treasure that would fit right in. Always wish you could go to Rio or Sao Palo? This is a great option right in your backyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014This place is amazing. We booked an evening through open table and was so impressed. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorful food, friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Delicious - we celebrated an anniversary and shared the empanadas, couscous salad and churascos - best dinner for two and the staff was wonderful too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousvszechDined on 8/14/2014We were served fried plantain and chimichuri sauce upon being seated. The sauce was a wonderful as were the plantains chip. The waitress was knowlegeable and made good recommendations. We shared our plates and started with Ceviche Duo Peruvian with shrimp. Delicious and refreshing. We followed this with Drunken Mushrooms with toast. Tasty with a nice assortment of mushrooms and not too much garlic. Our main dish was Chef Tony's specialty, Churrascos! - Grilled Inner Skirt Steak, Chicken Breast and Brazilian Sausage. The steak was cooked perfectly, the chicken not too dry and the sausage quite good. We finished the meal with Flan because you can't go to a South American influenced restaurant and not try the flan. It was a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise findFoodies2Dined on 8/11/2014We had not heard of Longitude 315 until the day we dined there and it was recommended by a friend for our anniversary dinner. We liked sitting at one of the two tables in the window. We tried several appetizers and loved the flavors. Also enjoyed the complimentary crispy plaintains and accompanying spread. Although we probably had enough food with the three appetizers, we pushed it and ordered the combo main course, consisting of skirt steak, chicken and sausage with rice and beans and accompanied by delicious and unusual soft flatbread. Needless to say, we took much of it "to go." It was delicious but we had overeaten by then. We also had a charming server. We will definitely go back and recommend it to friends.Special Features: