315 Waukegan Ave
Highwood, IL 60040Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.longitud315.com/
- Phone: 8479267495x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: Holiday Brunch (Dates TBD)
Dinner: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, South American
- Executive Chef: Tony Castillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Longitud315
Longitud315 is the life-long dream of Venezuelan-born Chef Tony Castillo. A concept that was born as a result of his childhood memories cooking side to side with his grandmother. She taught him that cooking wasn't about just cooking a dish, but great cooking "comes from the heart." Chef Tony's wish is to transmit his passion for cooking in every single dish and for each of our patrons to have the most memorable dining experience...Continued
Chef Tony brings to the North Shore and to all food lovers a new fusion of South American flavors with exotic Venezuelan, Argentinian, Brazilian, Ecuadorian and Peruvian flavors...
Chef Tony brings to the North Shore and to all food lovers a new fusion of South American flavors with exotic Venezuelan, Argentinian, Brazilian, Ecuadorian and Peruvian flavors...
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Longitud315 - Best Restaurants in Highwood ›
Longitud315 reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (124)fit for foodies (110)special occasion (45)good for groups (41)hot spot (37)romantic (27)notable wine list (11)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful Find!HappyCustomerDined on 9/19/2014We recently moved to the north shore from the city and are always looking for great spots that match the quality of big city dining and stumbled across this fabulous restaurant! Fresh, high quality meats, perfectly prepared South American fare. Small but excellent beer selection. Nice wine list. Wonderful service! Lovely intimate setting. We will definitely be back again and again! You will not be disappointed!!Special Features:
- Continues to impress!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/18/2014New fall menu includes some amazingly creative dishes. Chef Tony demonstrates his passion for the gastronomic greatness in his sauces and authentic creations! We have become frequent diners here. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drunken Mushrooms A FavoriteOrchidblueDined on 9/13/2014Menu items like "Drunken Mushrooms" tell the story of this Brazilian restaurants menu. It is as imaginative as it is delicious. Four of us ordered from an assortment of small and large plate offerings and we were delighted with each of them. We enjoyed Sangria with our food but there was an extensive wine to pair with all of the food selections. We were a little surprised that the restaurant was located in commercial strip although there were other restaurants mixed in. The main disappointment was our waiter who had an attitude problem. From our initial encounter we felt that he didn't want to be there and that he was doing US a favor. This continued throughout our meal. In review, the food is fabulous but service needs improvementSpecial Features:
- Good food and funFoodies2Dined on 9/12/2014This was our third visit in one month. Brought some foodie friends with us. Shared a few appetizers and salad and two main courses and two desserts. Everything was delicious! Wine was reasonably priced and very good. Chef/owner, Tony came out to greet us. He is very enthusiastic and proud of his creations. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A talented chef and great staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/11/2014A consistently wonderful dining experience! We have enjoyed Chef Tony's culinary creativity several times. Always amazing! The staff is courteous, competent and make every meal memorable. :-). We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Food yummy, service good. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- First Time's a CharmMsBuzzVIPDined on 9/7/2014I had read a review of Longitude315 and it sounded pretty good. We were so glad we went!. Everything was great. The service couldn't have been nicer. Everyone was pleasant, helpful, inviting. The only thing better than the service was the food. Everything we had we raved about. My son had learned about arepas in his Spanish class so we ordered those - pork and chicken. They were wonderful! Loved the combination of textures and and flavors. Also had the assortment of empanadas - so good. Again, textures and flavors were spot on. And don't get me started on the plantains and chimichurri sauce they bring to every table - I could have eaten that all night. We split the Churrascos and the best pork chop I've ever had. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- great food , nice sangria & winesfoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014great food, appetizers desert etc, plus GF options tooSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014I prefer seating at a regular table height, rather than taller bar height tables and chairsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodark1111Dined on 9/4/2014Such a surprise to find this gem of a place. The food is great the service is wonderful. We had the South American beers that went great with all the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This was our first time eating at Longitude 315 after many of our friends shared how much they loved this place. I must say that it exceeded our high expectations ... The food and service were outstanding. Although we were unfamiliar with South American cuisine, it was prepared so deliciously that we can't wait to return. It was obvious why the place was very busy and appeared to be very popular so don't plan on a real quiet dinner... But not so noisy as to be a problem visiting with friends. We asked for a table in the corner when the reservations were made and that was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonMDined on 8/29/2014We have never been disappointed at Longitude 315. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TtenrabDined on 8/27/2014This is a local gem. Great food and service. Sometimes hard to get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, pleasant serviceSouthernbelle27Dined on 8/27/2014Our party of four enjoyed trying different dishes...the empanadas were very good, lamb chops spectacular. Making a reservation via open table proved to be convenient and efficient....We will return....Special Features:
- Always wonderful! Food is great!SaritaDined on 8/23/2014Awesome food and service. We love dining here. We enjoy the fact that menu is seasonable and look forward to trying new things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I ate here on a Friday night. Very energetic and not a huge room so it gets loud, but it's just part of the great experience. It's a wonderful neighborhood restaurant with excellent food, drinks and service. The white sangria is very good and that's coming from someone who doesn't usually like sangria. The food is excellent with empanadas that are the best I have had anywhere. The drunken mushrooms are another must try: creative and tasty. We both got skirt steak based big plates that were both perfectly prepared and were addictive that were accompanied by a great flatbread that we wish we had more of. And let's not forget the plantain chips and chimichurri that start the meal. Excellent all around. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A SOUTH AMERICAN GEMSPClearwaterFLDined on 8/20/2014Our first visit to this neighborhood gem in Highwood, IL was wonderful! We have traveled to Argentina, Chile and Brazil. We were impressed with the fusion of flavors from these countries. The wine list was varied and represented very good South American wines. The service was great!Special Features:
- Wonderful, differentdekyleDined on 8/18/2014You're going to love this place, authentic South American cuisine is not something you see everyday. It has a flavor profile that's both intriguing and comforting, which comes from the fire grilled smoky food. Generous portions and expert servers make for an extremely delightful dining experienced. You're welcomed to hang around too, no rush.Special Features:
- About Longitud 315delicious15Dined on 8/17/2014My husband and I love going to this restaurant because of the food, ambience, and service. We are always greeted warmly. (this was our third visit) Because we were celebrating a special occasion we started with wine cocktails that were delicious. The restaurant serves both small and large plates and we decided to go with small plates that we had never ordered before. We had mussels, eggplant, grilled pineapple, a shredded chicken dish. We ordered the plates two at a time and in between munched on crispy plantains and dip. We finished by sharing a piece of the stellar flourless chocolate cake and coffee. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Brazilian experiencechitownpjDined on 8/16/2014Great food and atmosphere. I visited Brazil years ago and this place is a little treasure that would fit right in. Always wish you could go to Rio or Sao Palo? This is a great option right in your backyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorful food, friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Delicious - we celebrated an anniversary and shared the empanadas, couscous salad and churascos - best dinner for two and the staff was wonderful too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousvszechDined on 8/14/2014We were served fried plantain and chimichuri sauce upon being seated. The sauce was a wonderful as were the plantains chip. The waitress was knowlegeable and made good recommendations. We shared our plates and started with Ceviche Duo Peruvian with shrimp. Delicious and refreshing. We followed this with Drunken Mushrooms with toast. Tasty with a nice assortment of mushrooms and not too much garlic. Our main dish was Chef Tony's specialty, Churrascos! - Grilled Inner Skirt Steak, Chicken Breast and Brazilian Sausage. The steak was cooked perfectly, the chicken not too dry and the sausage quite good. We finished the meal with Flan because you can't go to a South American influenced restaurant and not try the flan. It was a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise findFoodies2Dined on 8/11/2014We had not heard of Longitude 315 until the day we dined there and it was recommended by a friend for our anniversary dinner. We liked sitting at one of the two tables in the window. We tried several appetizers and loved the flavors. Also enjoyed the complimentary crispy plaintains and accompanying spread. Although we probably had enough food with the three appetizers, we pushed it and ordered the combo main course, consisting of skirt steak, chicken and sausage with rice and beans and accompanied by delicious and unusual soft flatbread. Needless to say, we took much of it "to go." It was delicious but we had overeaten by then. We also had a charming server. We will definitely go back and recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- matched the good reviewssteveVIPDined on 8/10/2014excellent meal. great server. all food was stellar. my suggestion would be to either make the call to get all small plates (which were really good) or go one small plate and then big plate. we got too much food, although all was well prepared and really enjoyable. great experience and I would go again.Special Features:
- South American Gem in HighwoodJontan1966VIPDined on 8/9/2014There is not a lot of variety of cuisine on the North Shore, and Longitude315 is a breath of fresh air, providing very good pan-South American food in a well-decorated pleasant atmosphere. Having come here several times now since it has opened we have always enjoyed excellent service and drink choices combined with delicious meat or vegetarian options by Chef Tony Castillo. We enjoyed a spectacular bottle of red wine and the plentiful plantain chips and chimichurri sauce. Yum. We enjoyed the empanadas, which come as four, one from Columbia, Argentina, Venezuela and Brazil. All very good. I had the trout special and it was spectacular. Others had the salmon and grilled chicken. I highly recommend going!Special Features:
- Fabulous good and serviceSantaMonicaFoodieVIPDined on 8/8/2014Perhaps the hidden gem of Highwood's restaurant row, this storefront spot has outstanding and creative South American tapas, backed by experienced and pleasant staff. Do not miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!AlijuanpaDined on 8/3/2014We brought along my sister & her husband to try new foods and they absolutely loved everything on their plate! They are def going to be new "regulars". Delish as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- puploverVIPDined on 8/3/2014Our first time there was a wonderful dining experience. Food was outstanding, service was great. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Really goodMwshore58Dined on 8/1/2014Great unique food, great service. Not a single complaint. They do only serve wine/beer and red/white sangria so no cocktails, but the sangria was quite delicious so did not miss the cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Longititude 315foodieVIPDined on 7/31/2014The homemade chimichurri sauce with plantains to start was amazing The food portions are like tapas and makes for great sampling of incredible food Will return soon Great local placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellant food and friendly staffMariaDined on 7/30/2014I would highly reccommend this restaurant for a south american flare. Love their sampler platter and salsa !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!FrequentdinnerdinerVIPDined on 7/30/2014What a treat! After recently traveling thru South America and not having particular great cuisine, I was thrilled to discover excellent Chilean, Brazillan, and Argentine food in Highwood! Wine list is all SA too and our waiter was able to recommend an delicious Brazillan cab blend. Who know Brazil made wine?! There's a chef' stable which we are going to as for next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedinHighwood729Dined on 7/30/2014Thought we would give this restaurant a second chance, after enjoying the food, not the service, first time around. Invited friends, arrived, our favorite wine in hand. We were seated, after 15 min, had to find someone to open our wine. We raved about the Ruby Trout we tried on our first visit. The waiter took our order, after another 10 min., returned to tell us they were out of the trout! Seemed kind of odd since we were one of three tables at the beginning of the evening. Disaster continues, getting a bill, with three appetizers added that we never ordered. Huge bill with very little service. At the very least, they could have waived the corking fee. We will not return or recommend Longitude 315.
- Wonderful mixture of seasonings!trynewstuffDined on 7/28/2014Surprise find -- many different combinations, including quinoa mixture and grilled pineapple as well as a mushroom dish that was worth driving for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Skirt Steak in the CitySteve141Dined on 7/27/2014The service was great and very personal. The food is unique and interesting. The Stuffed Skirt steak entrée is the best I have experienced. We returned just to order it again.Special Features:
- Long 315 noisy patrons ruin dinnerPhylVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was delicious as well as the service being great and our waitress was extremely helpful. However, the table next to us was so loud and obnoxious that we could not hear the couple we were sitting with. Many other diners were also upset with the noise. We were disappointed with management when complaints were made, but he never approached the table to calm it down. Six bottles of wine for six people was probably a bad choice for them. Even though the food was delicious, I would have to think long and hard before going back.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Love their drunken mushroom and eggplant toasts, all meats and fish for main course were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experienceamp65Dined on 7/19/2014I was looking forward to the experience. Had heard great things about Longitude315 from many. We had 9:30 Saturday reservation (7/19). We arrived about 8:45 and were greeted warmly, enjoyed a nice glass of wine while waiting for our table. Sat sown around 9:15 and placed our order. I had the short ribs and my wife had the chicken. The beans and rice and vegetables were ok at best. The ribs were burnt on outside and raw on the inside, chicken was very dry. Clearly the cooks were toast after a long night. I would like to try this restaurant pre rush our (5:00?) to give another chance. Again, have heard good things, but my first impression.....NOT GOOD.Special Features:
- misspickyVIPDined on 7/13/2014food was good. fried plantains with chimichurri sauce was delicious. had the skirt steak-a bit fatty, and really, really spicy. i think the waitress should have told us how spicy the food would be when we ordered it so we weren't unpleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- So happy we found this placeAvisVIPDined on 7/12/2014Because of OpenTable we discovered this place, and have been coming here regularly ever since.. Everything is delicious, and different from other offerings in the area. The service is friendly and professional. The only potential downside is the noise level - it's pretty high ... but I'm there to eat so, in that regard, it's a 5-star-er, no question!Special Features: