Longhi's - Lahaina
888 Front St
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Longhi's - Lahaina
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.longhis.com/
- Phone: (808) 667-2288
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:45am-44:45pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Peter Longhi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Upstairs ocean view dining room available for breakfast, lunch and dinner groups up to 175.
- Private Party Contact: Sheri Arebaugh 8086672288
- Entertainment: Live music and or DJ"s 3 - 5 nights a week featuring the best local and visiting musicians. Please check our event calendar for more information.
- Cross Street: Papalaua St
- Public Transit: The Maui Bus and resort shuttle stop is adjacent to Longhi"s Lahaina.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We are located in the Old Lahaina Center. Three hours free parking with validation for breakfast and lunch (7:30am - 5:00pm). Complimentary valet parking is offered during dinner service (5:00pm - 11:00pm).
A word from Longhi's - Lahaina
A Maui landmark since 1976. Dine at Longhi"s Lahaina and enjoy spectacular ocean views, great sunsets and fabulous mediterranean inspired cuisine. We offer fresh Hawaiian fish, live Maine lobster, Prime streaks, Maui's best pizza and pasta selection, an award winning wine list and legendary desserts. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Longhi's - Lahaina reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (28)special occasion (22)romantic (19)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (8)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Longhi's has gone downhill.......way downhillJeffDined on 11/17/2014Longhi's was formerly a very good restaurant. But since Mr. Longhi passed away, the restaurant has gone downhill big time. I will not go back. The food was poor, the service was poor, and the server brought a red wine that was two years different from the wine list. Come on, man.
- Disappointing last Night in MauiOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2014We ate at Longhi's our last night in Maui and were underwhelmed. The crab cakes lacked flavour and were swimming in sauce; the steak was Ok but the fish of the day done in a beurre blanc was below average. I didn't even finish it. The location is nice but we were seated near the open kitchen which lead to a lot of cooking smells (with an undertone of burn't) and heat. I am sorry I can't recommend this restaurant.
- 20 Years Later. Longhi's Still a NomelgVIPDined on 10/30/2014We visit Maui yearly. Waited to long for water and drink order.That done, we sat and listened to a loud mouthed trio at the bar. We ordered salads, one Longhi, one Longhi Longhi. The "L" was as described. My "LL " except for crisp lettuce was devoid of described ingredients. Once our entrees were served and we were able to sneak knives and forks from an adjoioning table, we began to chow down. Our entrees were passable but dull. Shrimp/scallop marinara needed more of something to pick up the bland taste.The shrimp/scallop combo was just okay. There are many fine dining establishments on Maui and certainly much better options in Lahaina.
- Longhis no more.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Longhis use to be the best restaurant in Lahaina,no more. The food was not good.They were out of several menu items.It was 5 pm on Friday nite.My wife's glass had lipstick on it so we asked for another glass of water and the waiter studeid the glass to see if it was true. 200.00 dinner I exspected more.Special Features:
- Perfect for a Special Night!pier1divaDined on 10/23/2014We had dinner here on our last night on the island of Maui for our honeymoon. It was a bittersweet night and Longhi's delivered in every aspect. Pricy, but you get what you pay for. Only thing I didn't like was there seemed to be lots of butter on everything, but I am particularly sensitive to lots of butter. The artichoke was just plain FUN to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as it ever was!HoneymoonersDined on 10/22/2014My wife and I enjoy great food and visit Longhi's every time we go to Maui since 1986. From the signature dishes to sides, it's an excellent evening with keen service to match. Can't miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gave table awayLuvtoeatDined on 10/22/2014Reservations mean nothing--food good but poor value. Fish entree served as 3 shrimp and 3 scallops. Will go away hungry.
- Good food but they dropped the ballKleckmanDined on 10/18/2014The Food was good but too many misses by staff to call it a good experience. I made the reservation for my wife's Birthday dinner three weeks in advance and confirmed that that day and they still completely forgot the celebration. The hostess was going to seat us under a different name after ensuring she knew our name, the table was much later than our reservation time, the first two wine bottle choices were not available the noise from the group of 20 we were seated next to did not make for a romantic birthday dinner. The only bright spot of the evening was our server who was very attentive.Special Features:
- ClaudiaDined on 10/18/2014Great food and service. Being an open air restaurant cigarette smoke coming from outside the restaurant is annoying for non-smokers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe just a bad night?TX12Dined on 9/28/2014While the view of the lovely Pacific Ocean is undeniable, and the service is top-notch, the food was ridiculously bad. It was by far the worst, yet the most expensive meal we had during our week there on the island. My husband and I chose to share a caprese salad--the tomatoes were bland and the herbed olive oil unremarkable. For dinner, I had the Longi shrimp and pasta that has been on the menu forever--instead of crostini with it, I chose angel-hair pasta at the suggestion of our server. The shrimp was overcooked and chewy, the pasta clumpy and stuck together. The pasta special that my husband ordered contained shrimp and scallops with a red sauce over spaghetti. Just like mine, the shrimp was overcooked, the pasta gummy.Special Features:
- WorldTravelerWorldTravelerDined on 9/26/2014Nice ocean view. Great seafood. Extensive wine list. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old standbyrlernVIPDined on 9/23/2014This used to be a favorite place to eat but the last time we were here it seemed to go downhill. We decided to give it another try and we were pleasantly surprised. It doesn't have the energy it used to but the food was good and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food But Hot and LoudVVWDAWVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food is always excellent here, so we come every year when we're on Maui. However, with the open doors/windows, the traffic noise was quite annoying. And because there was no wind and the daytime temp had been around 90, it was very hot in the restaurant. (This, of course, is not their fault but it detracted from the dining experience.) But we would still recommend it for their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014Our server was much more interested in the tattooed girl and her friend and their dogs than our needs and they were non-paying friends of he and other staff members. The opakapaka was outstanding!Special Features:
- Not impressedRestaurantloverDined on 9/11/2014Thought the food was decent - we both had a chicken dish. We really didn't like the place itself - tables and chairs seemed very old / had a run down feel. Nice spot to watch sunset but I think your better off spending a bit more money and dining at the Lahaina Grill where I thought the food is worth every penny!Special Features:
- Nice location - Food so soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Very nice location and the service is good. But their food is just so so. They can't cook an artichoke and if you order anything with lemon seasoning; be prepared for lots of lemon.Special Features:
- littleVIPDined on 9/4/2014Service was excellent but food tasted like plates we can make at home. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Probably won't go backFineDinerVIPDined on 8/28/2014I love the setup of this place... Very romantic. The server was okay, but not great. The food I ordered was overly salted and way too small a portion for the price compared to other restaurants we went to in the area. I just didn't get w feeling of wanting to come back...Special Features:
- Wake-Up & Go To Breakfast!NotATourist2010VIPDined on 8/28/2014Have only been here for breakfast, but do so each time in Maui. Great lobster Benedict and frittatas. Watch out for mimosas..they do not use much orang juice :-). Great pressed coffee from Maui and wonderful homemade cinnamon roll. Couple next to us had been there 4 days in a row for breakfast! Location on Front street gives wonderful ocean view as you dine. Wait staff friendly & helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Venue for a Milestone BirthdayCMonMauiDined on 8/21/2014All the requirements for a happy celebration were met: Sunset view, excellent Lobster Longhi shared by everyone at our table, perfectly paired with a Pinot Noir from the wine list, delicious macadamia nut dessert and coffee. It would have been perfect if we met the owner, Peter Longhi, as initially requested.Special Features:
- LindsayVIPDined on 8/20/2014Longhi's is a MUST try if visiting Hawaii. My husband and I tried the restuarant one morning after reading it's fantastic reviews in Zagat's. THe breakfast choices were plentiful and the food exceeded our expectations. So much so that we went back each morning of our trip to feast on the delicious homemade cinnomon rolls, pastries, muffins, macadamian pancakes and fresh fruit. The wait staff was VERY friendly and helpful. They convinced us to go back for dinner one night. We really enjoyed our dinner sharing a Longhi salad, chicken parmasean and mussels with linguini. The food was spectactular just like our breaksfasts at Longhi's. We now call Longhi's our favorite restaurant on Maui...for breakfast and dinner!Special Features:
- MediocreFreqTravVIPDined on 8/19/2014View of the ocean (from second floor dining room) was top-notch. Food was very mediocre (Frutti di Mare appetizer was the worst, fish special was unnecessarily drowned in butter). Service was haphazard (waiter seemed overworked, I never received a drink that I ordered). Would not recommend.Special Features:
- Dinner @ Longhi'sMaui4meDined on 8/15/2014Our family of four had great service & dinner off their pasta menu. The "on the house" appetizer of focaccia bread was a nice treat. On line reservations through Open Table worked nicely for us. The mixed reviews for Longhi's service almost dissuaded us from booking here, glad we went anyway.Special Features:
- Fantastic ReatrauntDianeDined on 8/13/2014This restraint is a must on the island of Maui, we go every time we visit. Outstanding seafood, attentive service, a little bit on the expensive side but defiantely worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Longhi'sFortyyearsDined on 8/8/2014King salmon was excellent. Wife enjoyed the veal piccata. Huge menu to choose from. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful restaurant...great food!!lindalouDined on 8/6/2014Great find. Wonderful little restaurant with good selection and great preparation. Gotta have the souffle.Special Features:
- Unpleasant dining experiencekathiDined on 8/1/2014It was our first time dining here. We had a table upstairs with a beautiful view of the water. Unfortunately, they booked a 'rehearsal dinner' party next to us and several other tables. They were loud and obnoxious. The manager did, after I asked, offer us a couple of glasses of wine. However, they should never have seated any of us next to this group when there were tables on the lower level. Also, when I cut into my VERY expensive salmon dish, it was not cooked on the inside!Special Features:
- Still makes me smileBethSVIPDined on 7/31/2014I think I first ate at Longhis about 30+ years ago. Service very friendly and helpful. Food was good and plentiful. I will go again next time in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 99 reviews are from the Longhi's - Lahaina reviews archive.
- You must eat herePoppyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Our favorite place to eat. Exceptional food and views. We especially love the breakfasts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/28/2014Longhi's has a long tradition in Maui and we have been going since the days when you would order your dinner out of the owners cookbook! The food is fresh, inventive, delicious and always to be counted on. The location of the restaurant is PERFECT for watching the sunset (go about 30 minutes before). The wine list has international surprises. And the service is amazing (we have been lucky enough to have Jenna many years in a row and she LOVES her job which translates into great service, fabulous recommendations and a lovely accent to a wonderful meal).Special Features:
- Wonderful meal too hot and humidKingcrabDined on 7/20/2014We had to wait for our table but it was worth it. We were seated at a large open window where the breeze kept us a little cool. If we weren't seated there the heat and humidity would have ruined the experience. The food and the service was top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedPersnicketyfoodie37Dined on 7/10/2014Sat on the second floor with great view. Wouldn't want to be on street level with noisy vehicle and pedestrian traffic. The clams, shrimp, and scallops were fresh and cooked well. I would definitely go back! They give huge portions so go hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab foodHelenofTroyDined on 7/6/2014Fabulous food and service. Absolute must when in Maui. Fish fresh and well prepared. Service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views, classic menuSBgalDined on 6/29/2014Great service and view at this restaurant, a lovely place to watch the sunset. The menu reflects the era in which the restaurant was founded, with lots of cream sauces served over the seafood or meat. Nice wines on the menu, but would not recommend to people who expect trendy or modern food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've come here for years. No moreOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/18/2014I've loved this place over the years. I'd eat here at least twice a trip. It's declined. Food was terrible. Waiter tried. Wine served at the wrong temps. Longhi's RIP. SadSpecial Features:
- Great experienceSirdinesalotDined on 6/12/2014The hostess Julie was particularly helpful and sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with scenic viewrodokDined on 5/31/2014Yes, you can have great food at a reasonable price with scenic view. Since the restaurant is facing Front St., cars and buses make some noise. However you can still enjoy wonderful view from the table you sit. I prefer visiting this restaurant at evening since sunset view is better.Special Features:
- The Best!MauilisaDined on 5/30/2014We had dinner at 7 different restaurants on Front Street. Longhi's by far came into #1 First place. Loved it & will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great redeeming experiencerestaurantsnobVIPDined on 5/24/2014All the staff we encountered were wonderful and compensated for the unpleasant experience from the previous night at another restaurant. From the moment we were seated we were attended to expertly. Our waiter, Gennarino, was so personable, we felt like family. He had many helpful suggestions to guide our ordering. The complimentary pizza bread was fantastic. So fresh and flavorful! Salads were fresh and crisp. The Eggplant Parmesan was wonderful though the portion was huge! My husband had a pasta dish with wonderful sauce and very fresh pasta. All in all a keeper.Special Features:
- Finally Dined at Longhi's!JessicaVIPDined on 5/23/2014After years of listening to my parents rave about this place (and having the cookbook), I finally got to enjoy Longhi's for myself and it was probably my favorite restaurant we went to on Maui. Everything from start to finish was absolutely superb. We were seated at a table near the window and had a beautiful view of the ocean. Artichokes were to die for, as was the sashimi tuna bruschetta and the kula greens salad. As for entrees, I don't think you could go wrong, but we all loved the ahi tuna, prawns amaretto, opakapaka with grapes and the veal saltimbocca. We also devoured a macadamia nut pie to wrap it up. Longhi's is a can't miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.