Longhi's - Lahaina
888 Front St
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Longhi's - Lahaina
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.longhis.com/
- Phone: 8086672288
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:45am-44:45pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Peter Longhi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Upstairs ocean view dining room available for breakfast, lunch and dinner groups up to 175.
- Private Party Contact: Sheri Arebaugh 8086672288
- Entertainment: Live music and or DJ"s 3 - 5 nights a week featuring the best local and visiting musicians. Please check our event calendar for more information.
- Cross Street: Papalaua St
- Public Transit: The Maui Bus and resort shuttle stop is adjacent to Longhi"s Lahaina.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We are located in the Old Lahaina Center. Three hours free parking with validation for breakfast and lunch (7:30am - 5:00pm). Complimentary valet parking is offered during dinner service (5:00pm - 11:00pm).
A word from Longhi's - Lahaina
A Maui landmark since 1976. Dine at Longhi"s Lahaina and enjoy spectacular ocean views, great sunsets and fabulous mediterranean inspired cuisine. We offer fresh Hawaiian fish, live Maine lobster, Prime streaks, Maui's best pizza and pasta selection, an award winning wine list and legendary desserts. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Longhi's - Lahaina - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Longhi's - Lahaina reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (31)special occasion (18)neighborhood gem (16)romantic (15)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (9)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- Good Food But Hot and LoudVVWDAWVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food is always excellent here, so we come every year when we're on Maui. However, with the open doors/windows, the traffic noise was quite annoying. And because there was no wind and the daytime temp had been around 90, it was very hot in the restaurant. (This, of course, is not their fault but it detracted from the dining experience.) But we would still recommend it for their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014Our server was much more interested in the tattooed girl and her friend and their dogs than our needs and they were non-paying friends of he and other staff members. The opakapaka was outstanding!Special Features:
- Not impressedRestaurantloverDined on 9/11/2014Thought the food was decent - we both had a chicken dish. We really didn't like the place itself - tables and chairs seemed very old / had a run down feel. Nice spot to watch sunset but I think your better off spending a bit more money and dining at the Lahaina Grill where I thought the food is worth every penny!Special Features:
- Nice location - Food so soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Very nice location and the service is good. But their food is just so so. They can't cook an artichoke and if you order anything with lemon seasoning; be prepared for lots of lemon.Special Features:
- littleVIPDined on 9/4/2014Service was excellent but food tasted like plates we can make at home. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Probably won't go backFineDinerVIPDined on 8/28/2014I love the setup of this place... Very romantic. The server was okay, but not great. The food I ordered was overly salted and way too small a portion for the price compared to other restaurants we went to in the area. I just didn't get w feeling of wanting to come back...Special Features:
- Wake-Up & Go To Breakfast!NotATourist2010VIPDined on 8/28/2014Have only been here for breakfast, but do so each time in Maui. Great lobster Benedict and frittatas. Watch out for mimosas..they do not use much orang juice :-). Great pressed coffee from Maui and wonderful homemade cinnamon roll. Couple next to us had been there 4 days in a row for breakfast! Location on Front street gives wonderful ocean view as you dine. Wait staff friendly & helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Venue for a Milestone BirthdayCMonMauiDined on 8/21/2014All the requirements for a happy celebration were met: Sunset view, excellent Lobster Longhi shared by everyone at our table, perfectly paired with a Pinot Noir from the wine list, delicious macadamia nut dessert and coffee. It would have been perfect if we met the owner, Peter Longhi, as initially requested.Special Features:
- LindsayVIPDined on 8/20/2014Longhi's is a MUST try if visiting Hawaii. My husband and I tried the restuarant one morning after reading it's fantastic reviews in Zagat's. THe breakfast choices were plentiful and the food exceeded our expectations. So much so that we went back each morning of our trip to feast on the delicious homemade cinnomon rolls, pastries, muffins, macadamian pancakes and fresh fruit. The wait staff was VERY friendly and helpful. They convinced us to go back for dinner one night. We really enjoyed our dinner sharing a Longhi salad, chicken parmasean and mussels with linguini. The food was spectactular just like our breaksfasts at Longhi's. We now call Longhi's our favorite restaurant on Maui...for breakfast and dinner!Special Features:
- MediocreFreqTravVIPDined on 8/19/2014View of the ocean (from second floor dining room) was top-notch. Food was very mediocre (Frutti di Mare appetizer was the worst, fish special was unnecessarily drowned in butter). Service was haphazard (waiter seemed overworked, I never received a drink that I ordered). Would not recommend.Special Features:
- Dinner @ Longhi'sMaui4meDined on 8/15/2014Our family of four had great service & dinner off their pasta menu. The "on the house" appetizer of focaccia bread was a nice treat. On line reservations through Open Table worked nicely for us. The mixed reviews for Longhi's service almost dissuaded us from booking here, glad we went anyway.Special Features:
- Fantastic ReatrauntDianeDined on 8/13/2014This restraint is a must on the island of Maui, we go every time we visit. Outstanding seafood, attentive service, a little bit on the expensive side but defiantely worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Longhi'sFortyyearsDined on 8/8/2014King salmon was excellent. Wife enjoyed the veal piccata. Huge menu to choose from. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful restaurant...great food!!lindalouDined on 8/6/2014Great find. Wonderful little restaurant with good selection and great preparation. Gotta have the souffle.Special Features:
- Unpleasant dining experiencekathiDined on 8/1/2014It was our first time dining here. We had a table upstairs with a beautiful view of the water. Unfortunately, they booked a 'rehearsal dinner' party next to us and several other tables. They were loud and obnoxious. The manager did, after I asked, offer us a couple of glasses of wine. However, they should never have seated any of us next to this group when there were tables on the lower level. Also, when I cut into my VERY expensive salmon dish, it was not cooked on the inside!Special Features:
- Still makes me smileBethSVIPDined on 7/31/2014I think I first ate at Longhis about 30+ years ago. Service very friendly and helpful. Food was good and plentiful. I will go again next time in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must eat herePoppyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Our favorite place to eat. Exceptional food and views. We especially love the breakfasts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/28/2014Longhi's has a long tradition in Maui and we have been going since the days when you would order your dinner out of the owners cookbook! The food is fresh, inventive, delicious and always to be counted on. The location of the restaurant is PERFECT for watching the sunset (go about 30 minutes before). The wine list has international surprises. And the service is amazing (we have been lucky enough to have Jenna many years in a row and she LOVES her job which translates into great service, fabulous recommendations and a lovely accent to a wonderful meal).Special Features:
- Wonderful meal too hot and humidKingcrabDined on 7/20/2014We had to wait for our table but it was worth it. We were seated at a large open window where the breeze kept us a little cool. If we weren't seated there the heat and humidity would have ruined the experience. The food and the service was top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedPersnicketyfoodie37Dined on 7/10/2014Sat on the second floor with great view. Wouldn't want to be on street level with noisy vehicle and pedestrian traffic. The clams, shrimp, and scallops were fresh and cooked well. I would definitely go back! They give huge portions so go hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab foodHelenofTroyDined on 7/6/2014Fabulous food and service. Absolute must when in Maui. Fish fresh and well prepared. Service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views, classic menuSBgalDined on 6/29/2014Great service and view at this restaurant, a lovely place to watch the sunset. The menu reflects the era in which the restaurant was founded, with lots of cream sauces served over the seafood or meat. Nice wines on the menu, but would not recommend to people who expect trendy or modern food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've come here for years. No moreOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/18/2014I've loved this place over the years. I'd eat here at least twice a trip. It's declined. Food was terrible. Waiter tried. Wine served at the wrong temps. Longhi's RIP. SadSpecial Features:
- Great experienceSirdinesalotDined on 6/12/2014The hostess Julie was particularly helpful and sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with scenic viewrodokDined on 5/31/2014Yes, you can have great food at a reasonable price with scenic view. Since the restaurant is facing Front St., cars and buses make some noise. However you can still enjoy wonderful view from the table you sit. I prefer visiting this restaurant at evening since sunset view is better.Special Features:
- The Best!MauilisaDined on 5/30/2014We had dinner at 7 different restaurants on Front Street. Longhi's by far came into #1 First place. Loved it & will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great redeeming experiencerestaurantsnobVIPDined on 5/24/2014All the staff we encountered were wonderful and compensated for the unpleasant experience from the previous night at another restaurant. From the moment we were seated we were attended to expertly. Our waiter, Gennarino, was so personable, we felt like family. He had many helpful suggestions to guide our ordering. The complimentary pizza bread was fantastic. So fresh and flavorful! Salads were fresh and crisp. The Eggplant Parmesan was wonderful though the portion was huge! My husband had a pasta dish with wonderful sauce and very fresh pasta. All in all a keeper.Special Features:
- The following 88 reviews are from the Longhi's - Lahaina reviews archive.
- Finally Dined at Longhi's!JessicaVIPDined on 5/23/2014After years of listening to my parents rave about this place (and having the cookbook), I finally got to enjoy Longhi's for myself and it was probably my favorite restaurant we went to on Maui. Everything from start to finish was absolutely superb. We were seated at a table near the window and had a beautiful view of the ocean. Artichokes were to die for, as was the sashimi tuna bruschetta and the kula greens salad. As for entrees, I don't think you could go wrong, but we all loved the ahi tuna, prawns amaretto, opakapaka with grapes and the veal saltimbocca. We also devoured a macadamia nut pie to wrap it up. Longhi's is a can't miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some great and some averagejeanVIPDined on 5/7/2014Pancakes & waffles, pineapples were all yummy. Eggs Benedict was drenched in way too much hollandaise sauce and ingredients below average. I'd go back for those basic choices which were real good while avoiding some other ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairly good restaurantZontarDined on 4/27/2014We had not been to Longhis for quite a few years and decided to try it for dinner one night. Had a great table with a few of the sunset and our server (Cayenne) was great. The light jazz was also good. Salads were very good and fresh. My wife and I had the Clam Linguinis which were ok but not great (too much lemon). Macadamian nut pie was good but not great. This place strikes me as a location that may have some really great dishes, you just have to be lucky enough to pick the right ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreDisappointed1Dined on 4/19/2014Great location, food nothing special, wait service ok. Won't go back as there are better restaurants in Lahaina. The restaurant needs an update and cleaning; its old and feels it.
- Good but not great!SaylorDined on 4/15/2014This is a Maui tradition. The food is consistently good and is served with a great view(Lahaina). While Longhi's is good, the competition is good or better such as Sansei and Cafe Olei in Kihei, Tommy Bahama in Wailea. There are a number of good restaurants in Lahaina and Kaanapali.Special Features:
- Had better here beforeWallyDined on 4/11/2014Food overall great to just OK. Lobster Cannelloni was.....just OK. Good salad. Wife's pesto was tremendous [good job on the gluten free pasta - al dente and not mushy!] Great wine list! Waiter was fantastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amaz Balls!MDK9VIPDined on 4/5/2014Order the cinnamon bun, also their bloody mary's are fresh and great! The food is ridiculous for breakfast. Ridiculously good! They say they do italian food but we only go for brunch and breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Italian delightZeusDined on 4/1/2014An extensive menu with a knowledgable staff. They were willing to personalize selections to your preference, both in the way they are coked and the sauces. Great view from the second floor. We dined late in the evening so much of the crowd had cleared out. But if you go earlier the tables are fairly close together so it can get noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a Face LiftChuckVIPDined on 3/29/2014We have been coming to Maui for years now and have eaten at Longhi's many times over the years. The restaurant in Wailea is much nicer and has a nice ambience. The original location in Lahaina is old an tired. In my opinion, the whole place needs to be remodeled. For dinner, they close down the downstairs for some reason and sit costumers upstairs in a large room that is a combination banquet hall, dance floor, bar and storage area. There is no atmosphere. This combined with the poor service, average food and noise from Front Street, really does not create a memorable experience.
- Italian FoodieFood2GoDined on 3/29/2014We visited this restaurant twice during our stay once for lunch and once for dinner. At lunch we had a pizza and salad and that just hit the spot. Service was good and server friendly, ambiance was good and the noise level was fine. At dinner we had the crab cakes and a pasta dish both were good without being spectacular. Server was attentive and this time we were seated upstairs where we had a nice view of the ocean. All in all a good restaurant that we are likely to visit again when next in Lahaina. Worth a look.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ever timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014This was our third time dining at this spot and it has never let us down. We will be back and we have introduced and recommended it many times.Special Features:
- perfect nightRockyVIPDined on 3/27/2014Beautiful view from top of restaurant over looking the ocean. Our server was very friendly and helpful. We did get the impression that the portions were not that big, they are BIG. I had the lobster cannelloni- yummy! They bring you a plate of bread which is more like a pizza, save room for your meal. They have valet parking since there is no place close to park on the street. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014We were met at the door by smiling hostess who escorted us to our window table and the view overlooking Lahaina and the ocean. The food was delicious both highly recommended by our friendly and knowledgeable server. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.