Longhi's Ala Moana
1450 Ala Moana Blvd. Suite 3001
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Longhi's Ala Moana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.longhis.com/
- Phone: (808) 947-9899
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 10:45am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:30am - 11:15;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:45pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 4:45pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Charlie Longhi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are planning a party of 10 or a party of 200, we have the perfect venue for you and your guests! Our diverse menus make it easy to create your ideal event. Please contact us for further information.
- Private Party Contact: Monica Hanna 8089479899x
- Entertainment: We have a lively Happy Hour daily from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. available at our beautiful Koa wood bar featuring $5 martinis, $4 well drinks, select wines and draft beer. Indulge in specially priced appetizers and hand tossed pizzas from our award winning menu.
- Cross Street: Piikoi
- Public Transit: Public Transit Stops are located on Ala Moana Boulevard in between Atkinson and Piikoi. The Waikiki Trolley, or "Pink" Trolley is also available for $2.00 per person making frequent stops from Waikiki to Ala Moana Shopping Center. Most pick up stops are located at the Public Bus Stops.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Ample free parking located on the ocean side of Ala Moana Center, take the ramp off of Ala Moana Boulevard (at the traffic light) up to mall level, between the old Sears location and Neiman Marcus. We have red awnings and grand arches which are easily seen from Ala Moana Blvd.
Enter through our private elevator at mall level (2nd floor) parking area to our incredible open-air fourth floor dining room.
A word from Longhi's Ala Moana
Longhi's has been family owned and operated in Hawaii since 1976. Our three locations offer fantastic breakfast,lunch and dinner featuring the freshest seafood and island fish, prime steaks, locally grown produce and the finest imported cheeses and ingredients. Our award winning in-house bakery prepares a wide range of freshly baked breads, pastries and delectable desserts. Accompanying our fabulous cuisine is an impressive wine list that has received the "Award of Excellence" by Wine Spectator. Our open-air dining room is complimented with our trademark black and white tiles and grand arches with breathtaking views of famous Ala Moana Beach. Longhi's is a beautiful place to dine with celebrities, vacationers and locals returning again and again for the restaurant's delicious meals, romantic times and magical energy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Longhi's Ala Moana reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (55)special occasion (28)great for lunch (24)fit for foodies (21)great for brunch (21)romantic (20)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (11)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Restaurant week menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014We had the restaurant week menu. I had the lobster mac n cheese which was to die for! Everything was great service was amazing despite how late we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2014I had gone for restaurant week. For $33, you get an salad, entree, and dessert. The salad was nice and fresh and not too heavy on the dressing so it was a good start to the meal. For the entree, I chose the shrimp risotto which was good but tasted too much like fresh tomatoes for my taste. I chose the chocolate gelato for dessert which I liked but it was a little more melted than I had wanted. Overall it was a good, complete lunch for the price. The waitress, I forget her name, was very good at coming around and asking how things were going often and they refilled our water before it was gone every time. So service was great. I had forgotten that it was an open air space so it was a bit hot with the sun shining in on us but the view of Ala Moana beach park was nice minus the construction. I would definitely go again, maybe not for lunch but for dinner next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuck in the cornerNavywifeVIPDined on 11/18/2014Had a reservation so was surprised to be stuck at the worst table in a corner by the noisy bar. It was a special evening before sending our son off to his next duty station with the Navy. Assuming because it was Restaurant Week it took 30 minutes to be served our 1st course. The table next to us had obviously waited a long time as well because they kept getting "service" which we soon realized meant their appetizer and drinks were comped by Longhi's. No such deal for the white Americans. It was quite unreal to be sitting right next to them and watch their server and the female manager fall all over them while ignoring us. Longhi's has been a favorite of ours for quite some time and given all the locations we could have chosen for Restaurant Week, we picked Longhi's. If we had to do it again, would definitely have picked a different location. Sad to say not sure if we will be returning anytime soon. Left a bad taste in our mouth even though the food was delicious. Expected more from one of our favorite restaurants. :(I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD, GREAT WAIT STAFFBuddy1Dined on 11/18/2014This is our third visit, coming from Kauai. The food was excellent, service friom Joe and Adrian (thanks again for the desert) and Sheena was also excellent, kept the wine coming. The last visit was to celebrate our46th wedding annaversary and as usual everything was super. We will be back to Oahu again in four to six months, with a dinner at Longhi's. Mahalo, Bud & Darla PaxmanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tom007yummygirl12323VIPDined on 11/14/2014Food was great,but wanted a little more Italian spice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GREAT!FromMililani12VIPDined on 11/14/2014Wanted a quick bite to eat before my 2pm appointment. I had lunch by myself and enjoyed it tremendously. I ordered a 1/2rder of asparagus and their Pastrami Sandwich on Marble Rye with fries. This was the 1st time ordering this meal. Oh so DELICIOUS! If you want to try out their desserts, don't order a big meal. A large tray of different sweets were brought over to my table. I will remember my advice on my next visit. I really enjoy coming here, the people are nice and the food is always GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gnts9rsDined on 11/5/2014We have always enjoyed a complete and wonderful dining experience at Llonghi's. Though it is on the expensive side, the atmosphere is great, the service is excellent and friendly and the food is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MENULeeLouiseDined on 11/4/2014Ordered the pre-fixe dinner. Very tasty. Definitely recommend this meal!Special Features:
- Thumbs UpbdubDined on 11/1/2014Everything was delicious. From the artichoke to the pizza bread to the pastas to the tiramisu. Good service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KeawelaniDined on 10/26/2014Great view of Ala Moana Beach and good service. Albeit, a portion of the Ewa view side is slightly obstructed with the new Bloomies construction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT traditional ItalianGeorgeVIPDined on 10/22/2014On open table it is classified as an Italian Restaurant, but it only has a few dishes and no pasta. My party ordered other items, but I should have looked closer at the menu. Service was GREAT and food was good.
- GoodcharliepapaDined on 10/17/2014My reservation is good for our dinner and nice fireworks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely not satisfied.LongtimeDined on 10/4/2014It took ONE HOUR for our food to come out! We saw the waiter when he took our order then he disappeared for an hour. It was my birthday and I was soooo embarrassed that my guests had to sweat for ONE hour [I checked my time and it WAS at LEAST and hour] before our food came; for 7 people. I choose to go to another restaurant for another gathering this week. DON'T waste your time at Longhi's Ala Moana. If anyone decides to go to Longhi's consider their name: "LONG" time to wait for service. I can't believe they got voted the Best of Honolulu Award; to me it's the worst! Those Awards don't mean ANYTHING to me; Zippy's has better service.
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/20141 Star only. Food good. Service was another story. Our waiter was probably not having a good day. Never smiled never tried to converse to see why we were dining there. We were celebrating our anniversary. He came to take our order and it caught me by surprise as I we weren't given the catch of the day yet. Had to ask for it. Waters weren't refilled unless ask to. Canceled my souffle. Overall. Will never come back and will never refer this restaurant ever again as I had before. I Bartend in a Waikiki hotel and do a lot of restaurant referring to my valued guests. I would be embarrassed for this type of service be given to my dining referrals. Ended up at Mortons for dessert
- A change from plate lunchIslandNoshVIPDined on 9/30/2014I took my family here for a celebration breakfast. The wait staff was attentive although I believe a bit short handed. The food selection is inventive and well executed. The frittata was particularly notable. We did start to notice we had been waiting longer than usual for our dishes. All in all, a very enjoyable experience to be repeated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The food was great; however, the restaurant is not air conditioned--it was very hot and humid!Special Features:
- HinarinVIPDined on 9/18/2014Maine Lobster Eggs Benet was great and service was nice. However...unfortunately, the table where we usually enjoy the view offered the continuous noise by the constructon at parking lot of AMC. Service was great. however, somhow disappointed in the end. They wrote the amount of the tip(18%) on the bill without having/asking me write. I was thinking to pay 18% tip(or more), however, I don't understand restaurant decided the tip though I look like Japanese who doesn't know the tip system and restaurant is "kind" service. With this, my evaluation is not 18% more, but less than 15%.Special Features:
- Lobster Benny Anniversary BreakfastLynnie808Dined on 9/13/2014Each year, we celebrate our wedding anniversary at Longhi's. We always order the same thing. I get the TO DIE FOR Lobster Benedict. The abundant portion may be shared on occasions when other dishes are ordered. My husband is very particular about his steak and eggs, but he is never disappointed with the preparation at Longhi's. When we bring our son, he gets the more-than-generous fresh baked cinnamon roll. The coffee at Longhi's is heavenly. I'm usually a cream and sugar girl, but can usually drink the coffee there black because it is so rich and tasty. The service is always extraordinary, and the views from any table in the restaurant are spectacular.Special Features:
- groupieDined on 9/5/2014DOn't come here to talk w/o preparation to be shouting.Special Features:
- Lovely Longhi'sKelelaDined on 9/4/2014Love the feeling of this place, especially at sunset. Doesn't feel like you're in a huge shopping center. Entrees are a lot more expensive than the last time we came, but we had calamari appetizer, shared the Longhi salad, and had two shellfish pasta dishes that were great. Only slight negative was the loud bar music that lasted well into our dinner (reservation was for 7:00).Special Features:
- LunchjetlaggedVIPDined on 9/2/2014It was a beautiful day in Hawaii and the setting at Longhi's made it even more so. The food was good, the view was terrific and the waiter was absolutely supberb. It has been awhile since I was here and I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Great view, good foodkatsatVIPDined on 9/1/2014Food was pretty good, view was very nice. They seemed a little shorthanded on Labor Day, but it wasn't bad. Always great to see the blue sky, beach and ocean while you dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Terrible food and dinning experience. If you are planning to eat any pasta dishes or veal you should think of going to another Resturant. If you are a average cook don't go here you might feel you can do better for the price you will pay for your dinner.Special Features:
- Always GREAT!FromMililani12VIPDined on 8/21/2014This is a great place to take visiting Family and Friends. I have been to this location for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Happy Hour. We always have a great time. The Staff are always friendly and attentive. My sisters from Maui came in for the day. There are two locations on Maui. They wanted to try out this location. Thank goodness Longhi's is open for breakfast. And located in the Ala Moana Shopping Center. We had a great time. We ordered the Guava Mimosa with our Omelet, Eggs Benedict and Lox and Bagel for breakfast. Delicious! We will always come back for a great meal and incredible view of Ala Moana Park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- .........PyloDined on 8/19/2014Waitress were very busy. No question about the next drink. Suggested gratuity was written in the sheet.Special Features:
- Good wine and foodV123VIPDined on 8/10/2014The wine selection is great and the food was prepared well. The location is warm and they need to bump up the A/C. It is open air and gets direct sun in the PM. It was so warm that our pinot needed to be dunked in ice for a bit because it got too warm to drink... it started to change too fast. The ice helped stabilize it and we could slow down our soppings.
- Usually bettermawrtianVIPDined on 8/3/2014I have been here several times for breakfast and it is usually quite nice. We had 10 AM reservations and came on time. Maybe he got called in last minute or there something else going on but it's been a long time since I've had such a rude waiter. He never made eye contact, he looked elsewhere when talking and spoke a voice so soft he could barely be heard over all the background noise. When I asked him to repeat things he sounded annoyed and never smiled or asked once how our food was. Plus unfortunately this trip the food is only so-so. Nothing was seasoned and things were not that warm. I think they have changed the bread they use in the Benedicts for the worse. Also smallest Bloody Mary ever.Special Features:
- Always great!RSTHNLDined on 8/2/2014Never fails...great food/view/service!!! Always bring visitors to Longhi's and they LOVE it and always comment on a great evening!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We went to Longhi's for our daughter's birthday from the Big Island. She loved the lunch, view, service and certainly felt special. I appreciated the fact that our two grandchildren, ages 5 & 7, were able to find something to eat that they enjoyed immensely. It was a delightful birthday celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no open table pointstownieDined on 8/1/2014I schedule a breakfast meeting here through open table and no points given. Bad deal. Yes I dined here and had my meeting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 324 reviews are from the Longhi's Ala Moana reviews archive.
- A great scenic viewkimosabiVIPDined on 7/29/2014The endive salad we had was one of the best we ever had, penne arrabiata was as good as we ever had in Rome's Nino, however, linguine clam (my favorite pasta, the barometer of how good and bad of any Italian eatery can be judged) was just OK, lacking in something I cannot pin point. Over all, we a great lunch any in a most beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the online reservation was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014we had a family business meeting (5 members) the ambiance was great for what we were doing. very enjoyable. a little pricey, but we come on special occasions, I would like to come once a month with family and come for every business meetingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/27/2014Maitre d lady here is very kind and nice smile! Service, foods, view- all of were perfect and we had a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Awesome!!VallindaDined on 7/26/2014Enjoyed a very relaxing lunch with a good friend who I hadn't seen in a while. Service was excellent and food was more than I expected. Better than my previous visit. The view of the ocean is always a much appreciated bonus. Recommend for anyone wishing to kick back and enjoy the moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Views and FoodHNLDINERDined on 7/25/2014Great place to bring visitors. Great sunset and water views. Food and service was great. Enjoyed my prix fix dinner. Only pain is construction going on at the mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicelindasDined on 7/24/2014View is fabulous, food and sevice were great. Ideal experience. Fish is very fresh and sauce was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KalenaDined on 7/20/2014The food was very good, however, the service was very poor. Our server was not attentive and seemed to forget that we were there. I asked him to take a picture of us and he seemed a little displeased and was definitely very impatient as he did not take the time to even focus on us. In addition, in making the reservations, I noted that we were celebrating both our birthdays. NOTHING was said or done. I realize th at we had breakfast, but, how about offering us a complimentary specialty coffee or a breakfast side. I ordered the Maine lobster benedict with a side of potatoes. My friend ordered a frittata with waffles on the side. I think that our order deserved some attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious breakfast! Perfect venue!AndrewDined on 7/20/2014Delicious breakfast! Excellent eggs Benedict and Mac nut pancakes with coconut syrup. Lovely venue and excellent service. Look forward to our next visit !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingnawzirDined on 7/18/2014I have dined at Longhi's for over 20 years, first discovering them in Lahaina, Maui. They have always been outstanding for food, service and ambiance. This time, we had a terrible experience at Ala Moana location. We were seated closer to the bar and it was LOUD! We could not hear ourselves talk to each other. The servers seemed like they all came from McDonalds or worse. For this calibre restaurant and the prices they charge, service MUST be much better and the staff need to be trained. My guess was the manager was not present that night and the staff were having a free day and being their true self! Unfortunately, we will not be dining at Longh's again.Special Features:
- Romantic and entertainingMakairadiverDined on 7/18/2014The location of the restaurant is gives an unsurpassed ocean view and is perfect for watching the Friday night firework show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.