Longfellows Restaurant & Hotel
500 Union Avenue
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Longfellows Restaurant & Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.longfellows.com/
- Phone: 5185870108
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Louis Maggiore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: As always, we’re happy to come to you! Longfellows off-site catering and event planning can be as intricate as supplying linens, candles, balloons and seating for your rehearsal dinner, to providing delicious and beautifully prepared hors’ d’oeuvres for the company party. Catering services and private dining in Saratoga Springs has never been so easy.
- Private Party Facilities: Longfellows offers many unique dining spaces. Based upon availability, we may be able to accommodate your private party needs.
- Private Party Contact: Rebekah Foster 5185870108
A word from Longfellows Restaurant & Hotel
Discover fine dining in Saratoga Springs at Longfellows Hotel & Conference Center. Our restaurant enjoys a reputation in Saratoga County and beyond for radiating a warmth and ambiance that welcomes and envelops our guests. Amid the grand spaces, the warmth of a brick hearth and glowing woodwork provide a host of menu items and cordial dining options for you. An intimate fireside dinner for two, a congenial gathering with friends, or full service catering and event planning in Saratoga for a pre-planned business dinner are all effortlessly accommodated by our gracious staff. Longfellows Restaurant has earned the coveted Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, and offers a host of fine wines to perfectly accompany any meal. The atmosphere for dining in Saratoga Springs at Longfellows Restaurant is one of comfortable elegance, and dress is casual.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Longfellows Restaurant & Hotel - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Longfellows Restaurant & Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)good for groups (22)romantic (22)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I had a 6:00pm reservation this past Saturday. Upon arrival were told we had to wait 20 min. We were suggested to head to the bar area. As we got to the top of the stairs we wondered why making a reservation had no credibility. As we headed back down, there were three employees who seemed to be whispering and making light that we were told to wait. I said to the hostess that is it in fact reservations not to be honored? It seemed awful strange that a table was immediately ready after having to confront the situation. This gave us a distaste from the opening bell. We proceeded to have dinner. Food was great. Service was also. The feeling we took away from how we were treated is enough to NOT return or recommend. Sad but true.
- disapointedRJFMDDined on 10/12/2014there was a wedding going on that could be heard all over the main floor restaurant. the cellar was open for dinner but there was no heat so we had to eat with our coats on. portions were large, but for us it just missed tastewiseSpecial Features:
- Always a great experienceLAZinterDined on 10/3/2014Always delicious, enjoyable and a great atmosphere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal with great ambianceWadlatesDined on 10/3/2014First time here and we had great appetizers and mealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OurFavoritesDined on 10/3/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and this was a wonderful place to do that. Nice atmosphere, excellent menu, and the staff was very attentive and efficient.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014This was our second time dining at Longfellows and both times have exceeded our expectations. The food and the service are outstanding, while the restaurant itself is full of charm. We will definitely be back again and again.Special Features:
- longfellows does not disappointJandDDined on 9/7/2014Great food - loved the mac-cheese-short ribs casserole. Large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great placeNoraDined on 8/30/2014It was a very nice dinner experience with my relatives. Food was delicious an and people were friendly. I would recommend all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentamypDined on 8/29/2014The food is always excellent and the service is exceptional! Charlie is a friendly and extremely efficient server/bartender who knows the menu well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect meal!Mish714Dined on 8/28/2014We visit Saratoga every August and are always on the lookout for restaurants we haven't tried. This was our first time at Longfellow's and it was outstanding! Best French onion soup we've ever had, and my husband's Delmonico steak was perfectly prepared and reasonably priced. I had the coconut scallops, also delicious. Lovely atmosphere in the wine cellar, attentive staff - we will definitely visit again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceLAZinterDined on 8/21/2014Great atmosphere, great food, great service! We always enjoy dinner at Longfellows!Special Features:
- Never had a bad meal here!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014We love Longfellows..........we live locally......it is our "go-to" spot for dinner. We have never ever had a bad meal here! Love how there is always something new to try. Service was great - our server was attentive. We were not rushed,but at the same time, food was served in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Food just OKbricon70Dined on 8/16/2014Tried to make reservation for 7PM which was not available, so we made it for 6. While we ate and until after 7PM when we left, there were no fewer than 5 vacant tables???
- Consistently GoodJustMeDined on 8/7/2014We have never had a disappointing meal here. Service is usually very good, and prices moderate. The best area for a more quiet atmosphere is in the wine cellar, but this night we ate upstairs and the noise level was quite high.
- Anniversary CelebrationRoysEatsDined on 8/7/2014We went to Longfellows on recommendation and were very pleased. I had mentioned that it was our 43rd Wedding Anniversary, and no fewer than 4 staff congratulated us. Also, we were offered a complimentary dessert. Great evening. We will come here next year during our vacation in Saratoga.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu changed :-(DTloveToEatDined on 8/2/2014We went there for the shrimp scampi & we were told they removed it from the menu last week to add chicken wings!! Horrible choice on their part. They also didn't have the honey butter for the rolls, they swithched to regular plain butter BLAH! I also ordered a mango martini & was told they couldn't make it for some odd reason. Overall, the waitor was great & food was good but we're def. dissapointed with the changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the last timeBettyMVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is a place that has a very good reputation and I have been there twice before, but the choices were not as good as I rememberSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014We always enjoy Longfellows... Always have good meals... we like the old style of the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Food choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Nice experience but they had no vegan options at all, other than salads.
- Longfellow's at Exit 14JakeDined on 7/30/2014Enjoyed the resturant very much. Had the scallop appetizer and the mango salsa was outstanding! The prime rib was very good but not the best I've had. Would've like more crust on it. My wife had the filet dish and found it a touch to spicy but I thought it was delicious. She thinks cinnamon is spicy though. Our server was friendly and very knowledgable. If you're looking for a good meal in an intimate, warm setting where you can talk and laugh then I definitely recommend Longfellow's. You won't be disappointed. Our meal with one appetizer, a drink and no desert was about $85 which I thought was on target. I will be taking my wife out to dinner there more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had our wedding reception here..mattandlizcaronDined on 7/29/2014We had our wedding reception here, and make it a point to come back at least each year on our anniversary. The food is excellent, the menus varied, and the staff wonderful.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerDisappointedDined on 7/29/2014My wife & I went to Longfellows on July 29th to celebrate our anniversary, as we have done several times in the past. My dinner was very good, but my wife's dinner was not. We were disappointed with the menu selections for her. There was only one chicken selection, a fried chicken & waffle. No pork chops. She's not a big seafood eater, other than shrimp. She ordered a shrimp w/ alfredo sauce. What came out had blackened shrimp with a very spicy sauce & hot sausage. She is not big on spicy food and could not eat it. We told our waiter of our concerns about the menu, and later about how she couldn't eat the meal, asking about the description of the dish on the menu, thinking maybe we misread it. We didn't. Management never came to address it
- just want a good dinnerFidgetDined on 7/28/2014We have come to Saratoga for over 25 years and Longfellows is one of the few restaurants that we go to at least every other year. The food and the service is always really good but we are also always looking to try something new within 15 miles of our hotel. We love the menu changes and Longfellows is always the go to if I can't find another restaurant with a menu almost equal to theirs. Just being honest.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dining and great food518livingDined on 7/27/2014Had dinner out for a special birthday, great food, great friendly service, variety of food choices and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/24/2014We make our yearly visit to Saratoga and always eat at Longellows. We find the food and atmosphere great.Special Features:
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Thoroughly enjoyable experience. Food was prepared to our taste and very good, Service was excellent. We had forgotten how good the restaurant is. I would highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!!!!DTloveToEatDined on 7/19/2014We were able to change our reservation time & number of people with no hassle. When we arrived the door was opened for us & we were welcomed. Even though you make reservations a lot of restaurants still have a small wait, we were seated right away, no wait. The food was amazing!!! We will definitely be going back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceBobBDined on 7/19/2014The food was excellently prepared. We were in a rush to make a SPAC concert and the server was very helpful in expediting our meals on a very busy Saturday for our party of six. We enjoyed the experience and will definitely recommend Longfellows to our friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelyeveningDined on 7/1/2014It was a very enjoyable evening...my wife's birthday celebration. We were a party of 4.....Swordfish, salmon, sea bass and prime rib....all cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 479 reviews are from the Longfellows Restaurant & Hotel reviews archive.
- Five starOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Food is delicious. Atmosphere can be romantic and cozy depending where you're seated. Wait staff is professional and friendly. One of my favorite places to dine now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winewineDined on 6/18/2014we have always enjoyed longfellows usually able to get a table in a timely manner service was freindly and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE Must Go Restaurant in SaratogaFoodluvrDined on 6/15/2014This is our "go-to" place. Bringing out of town guests here is a must. Our son's wedding reception was in the big room. Our daughter's wedding was catered by you at the Batcheller Mansion. Both were perfect, food, selection, staff, working out details EVERYTHING is first rate. All the time! Love the food selections, the specials, the chef is amazing, the ease of reservations, the ambiance ( we were in the wine cellar this time.) I am always proud to show off Saratoga by taking friends and family to Longfellows. (Olde Bryan Inn the same)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not return!unhappycustomerDined on 6/14/2014I went with my parents and my adult son because parents received a gift certificate from friends. The best thing I can say is the rolls were yummy. 3 out of 4 of us were not happy with our food; my prime rib was promised rare, came out medium well, mom's salmon was dry and unappetizing, me son's burger was also dry and over cooked. Service was exceptionally SLOW!! Waiter mixed up drink orders, did not clear plates stacked at the edge of the table, water glasses remained empty for 20 minutes, etc. The kicker to the service issue is that we were there early in the evening and there were not that many people. Prices are high on food that is not that good. Manager stopped in early, before issues became apparent. Will not return!!
- ExcellentLuv4foodDined on 6/13/2014Food was excellent from our appetizer to our meal to our dessert. The service was amazing! Todd, our waiter, could not have been any better. I have recommended LongFellows before and will continue to do so. They have never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menueatoutoftenDined on 6/12/2014All entrees looked good, but why is there no baked potato available? And, why is there hamburgers and fries on an otherwise good menu?Special Features:
- Waiter FantasticMmmmdelishDined on 5/31/2014Could not have been happier with the attentive, fast service. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and it was a wonderful experience. The server was very good, he brought us a complimentary bottle of champagne to toast with. The food was very good, we had a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceMmmmDined on 5/24/2014I would highly recommend Longfellows. My wife and I had our wedding reception there and returned for our anniversary dinner a year later. Both visits, the staff was great and the food was even better.Special Features:
- Our food was great.GailDined on 5/20/2014Brian ( the waiter) was excellent. I'll always ask for him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Celebrated my son's 35th birthday at Longfellows. Each one of us (4) chose a different meal off the three course menu and we were all very pleased with the meals. Charlie was our waiter and he was very helpful, attentive and very friendly. Longfellows is always a good choice for a special dinner.Special Features: