519 Clematis Street
West Palm Beach, FL 33401Neighborhood:
West Palm Beach
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sub-culture.org/long-boards/home-long-boards/
- Phone: 5618334660
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, BRUNCH: Saturday and Sunday: 10:30am-3:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday, also Sunday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Adam Harris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact us for catering opportunities.
- Entertainment: Live Surf Rock Bands on Friday nights.
A word from Longboards
Longboards Restaurant and Bar is a New England style fresh seafood restaurant, situated on the 500 block of bustling Clematis Street, with a gnarly surfer"s twist! We have an extremely inviting decor with a righteous display of authentic longboards and artists painted surfboards hanging from the walls and ceiling. We even have a beach in the back with beach sand, picnic tables and an antique Airstream trailer. We offer an array of fresh oysters, clams, fresh fish and of course, live Maine lobster. We even have burgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches and amazing truffle parmesan fries. Not to mention, you must try our ridiculously tasty Lobster mac and cheese. Our Homemade juice infused cocktails and specialty craft draught and bottled beers are our specialty. Make sure to try our Lava Flow punchbowl, bring a friend and be wary of the fire!! We also have a wonderfully broad wine list that fits all palates. Try our house Gnarly Head Cabernet, Chardonnay or Merlot.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Longboards reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was good, we had seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Food was good, we had seafood tower and some happy hour appetizers. Service was good and beer was cold! A nice placeSpecial Features:
- good friendly service andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013good friendly service and atmosphere but certainly not a place to go for good food. was expecting more from 32 east, dada...group!
- Based upon other reviews weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2013Based upon other reviews we came her for my mothers birthday. The food was just okay - nothing to rave about. Our waitress was a doll but had too many tables and towards the end of our meal apologized for being gone so long. Manager was great and promptly took care of a side dish that was poorly prepared. Bottom line: a cool atmosphere with a friendly caring staff and decent food.Special Features:
- Best on Clematis!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2013We've never been disappointed. Great service ALWAYS!The food is amazing...lobster Mac & cheese is tops. And greatbeers too!Finish the night with make your own pu-pu s'mores. Love this place!Special Features:
- We were traveling with a toddlerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2013We were traveling with a toddler and an infant, and were looking for a kid-friendly place to eat that was not a chain. Hard to come by. We wanted something special with local food but to eat comfortably and not worry about what the kids would eat or whether they'd be a nuisance. Longboards was perfect. There was plenty of space, plenty of options, yet not too many that there wasn't a specialty. The music was awesome, the food was good, and the service was outstanding. Everyone was really nice about the kids being there and really helpful in our decision making-process. Our waiter was super patient with us and our kids and the bartender went out of her way to help in selecting drinks. I hate TVs in restaurants, but when surfing is on, perfeSpecial Features:
- Good, fresh seafood! OutstandingNanaPoppyVIPDined on 2/9/2013Good, fresh seafood! Outstanding $1. oysters before 6pm! Excellent choice before theater!Special Features:
- Our first time won't be theksam916VIPDined on 1/18/2013Our first time won't be the last! Great food, knowledgeable wait staff, always felt like we were being well taken care of.Special Features:
- As always, a great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013As always, a great experience! Took visitors from out of town, they loved it. Asked the bartender to surprise me with a good martini because I couldn't decide, the drink was delicious!Special Features:
- This restaurant was comfortableRoseDined on 1/11/2013This restaurant was comfortable and the waitress was attentive and nice. The cream of chicken soup with vegetables was very good and the mahi tacos were the best I've ever had. The mahi sandwich and the Fish & chips were also both very good. The wine was affordable. I'd definitely recommend it if you're in the area.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner menu withSteveDined on 1/5/2013Excellent dinner menu with nice variety of specials on a Saturday evening. The sides we chose (brussel sprouts w/ bacon & bourbon and cauliflower au gratin) were unique and very tasty. Happy Hour, until 7p, half price drinks and wine was a nice plus. Open and airy feel to dining space with several TV's for event viewing if you like. Thought the taped music level was a little on the loud side, maybe because we were dining early prior to a Kravis Center show and the restaurant wasn't near full yet. Would certainly consider a return visit.Special Features:
- BEWARE - $1 oyster happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/27/2012The food at this place is amazing, and the vibe is great. Our meal was terrific for the most part..... Unfortunately, our waitress was not very clear about the $1 oysters happy hour - BEWARE, it is only one type of oyster NOT all oysters. When we explained to the waitress that this was not clear to anyone in the party, she became very hostile and the service turned downwards very quickly. To be honest, I would be singing about the restaurant from the top of my lungs if not for that encounter.....it ruined the entire meal and experience.Special Features:
- Lack of ConsistencyjustfactsVIPDined on 12/23/2012Restaurant has been terrific and has been disappointing. Operates with different values on food quantity and service. Place not in harmony. Pleasant interior. Basics broken. The aspects of a quality dinning experience are missing. Slow.
- They didn't open for lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/28/2012They didn't open for lunch. We drove all the way there and they had a sign on the door said they open after 5pm. If they are not going to open for lunch, why allow us to make the reseravation. Same thing happened to my co-worker a few weeks ago. He went there on Monday for lunch and they weren't open.
- Our first visit of this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012Our first visit of this restaurant was very positive. There were 7 people in our party and everyone said their food was awesome. We will be back! Thanks.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACE!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012probably one of the better WPB places for food! It was really unbelivable, the lobster rolls were just like I was back in New England, oysters awesome, everything was great! The ambiance and decor was amazing, just really a great place. The server Jessica was a doll! As was the hostess, there is nothing worse than a hostess with an altitude, as it seems most of them have, but not there. Can’t wait to go back! Really can’t say enough good things about this establishment and believe me, I am picky….Special Features:
- Great place to hang outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2012Very nice space. Food was very good. Waitress was great. Got all 5 orders correctly and brought out the food nice and hot. Beer was ice cold, and wine perfectly chilled. Great place for a late lunch on a lazy weekend. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Repeat DinerFlaverCraverDined on 10/2/2012Have been at Longboards a few times, and enjoyed the food and the service each time. Good location when going to any activity in downtown West Palm Beach.Special Features:
- Great food, waiter Joey wasAnneDined on 9/18/2012Great food, waiter Joey was wonderful...try the ice cream with the chocolate/pecans...Special Features:
- Hidden Gem, big surprise!JimbobeattyVIPDined on 9/9/2012We selected this restaurant because we were looking for something that offered seafood in a casual environment that wasn't nachos and fried fish sticks. We booked online via open table and when we arrived at first I thought I was at the wrong place because the facade of the local was nestled between a pizza joint and another beer/burger place. If it weren't for the longboard fetched up in the entrance we would have thought the place was closed or moved. Boy were we mistaken, the service was outstanding, the waitress knew her stuff, her recommendations were right on the dot! Try the lobster tacos, to die for! Wine list is short but adequate. The prices were just right! Strongly recommend!Special Features:
- Great Food!FLAGirlDined on 8/18/2012First time eating here and will be back. Happy hour from 4-7 pm even on the weekends. Drinks half price and a nice list of $5 appetizers. We tried the ribs, chicken wings, and mac n cheese. All were yummy. For dinner we ordered fish sandwich, skirt steak tacos, and prime rib. Again, the food was really good. Definitely a good find.Special Features:
- Comments I read all said greatJimCDined on 8/10/2012Comments I read all said great food. They were right. Some said poor service, but that was not our experience. Service was great, although it was not super busy. Very nice, good food, we will go back.Special Features:
- Food is always good....serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/3/2012Food is always good....service a bit spotty when it gets busy which it was when we were dining there this time.Special Features:
- We were not disappointed byOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2012We were not disappointed by the food or the service. For the price don't think you can beat longboards, food, drinks and service were all good and we will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent food and signatureOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/21/2012Excellent food and signature cocktails! LOVED the lobster sliders and lobster mac and cheese!!!Special Features:
- I had lobster tacos and theyLilPeachPieDined on 7/18/2012I had lobster tacos and they were very good. I'm definitely going to go back and try some other items. Told they have killer eggs benedict so I'm going to have to try the Brunch.Special Features:
- They need to hire some waitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2012They need to hire some wait staff. The place was busy but there was no one to wait on the tables. Recommend if you go sit at the bar, that seems to be the only place that has enough wait staff. Otherwise the food was great and happy hour is well worth it.Special Features:
- The service started out greatBossyladyDined on 6/23/2012The service started out great then went bad and waitress did not get items she promised. She was too busy talking to friends. Lobster tacos were dry snd over cooked but since she never came back to table I could not tell her. It is a must miss restaurant.
- Good food and good drinks...neverOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/23/2012Good food and good drinks...never lets me down.....Special Features:
- Food was great, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2012Food was great, service was equally as good, very good menu selections, loved lobster mac n cheese, great happy hour specials will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- We really enjoyed our dinnerLuckyNVIPDined on 5/29/2012We really enjoyed our dinner at Longboards, the place is very cool and different. Located 2 bolcks from CityPlace, in a very quiet street (Clematis) . After 7pm you can park on the street for free. Our server was a fantastic guy and the food was very good. They have Specials for cocktails and beer (Corona Light $2). We definitely go back with freinds and family.Special Features:
- Nice menu with varied preparationGuestessDined on 5/26/2012Nice menu with varied preparation of nice fish selection. Sides were great as well.Special Features:
- Casual restaurant along ClematisOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/19/2012Casual restaurant along Clematis Street. The dinners were under $30. Good value.
- Perfect spot after a long day :)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2012First time dining here. My boyfriend and I wanted a good spot to eat after a long day at sunfest. Turns out we found a great find. The food was better than expected and the overall feel in the place was great. Props to the hostess that was working. I never saw her stop moving she was always helping someone or getting something for a guest. Will def be back :)Special Features:
- Great clematis restaurantMidtownStaceDined on 5/3/2012My parents and I hit up long boards before sunfest one night and it was a great find! We had the sweetest waitress who was very friendly. We sat outside and it was nice seeing people walk by as they went to sunfest. The inside if beautifully decorated with finished wood, surfboards and other beachy stuff. I liked the old surfing videos being played on the TVs. We were also there for happy hour which was two for one and I was tickled pink to see they leave a piece of sea glass as a placeholder for your second drink. The food was yummy too. My father got the fish and chips; I got a bacon cheeseburger and my mom had the pulled pork flatbread which was the highlight of the meal.Special Features:
- From good to fairBaconloverVIPDined on 4/12/2012Been to Longboards a couple of times. 1st time the food was outstanding and they made their own pickles. Was disappointed the second time I went, service wasn't great and they stopped making pickles - change of chefs?
- Food was very good; but forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2012Food was very good; but for some reason food was very slow in coming after ordering during this visit.
- Very good fresh fish- catchSHaunaDined on 3/27/2012Very good fresh fish- catch of the day- snapper was amazing!Special Features:
- Overall, a very good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2012Overall, a very good experience. Only slight drawback was the restrictions on the 2 for 1 cocktails. Most offers allow the 2 to be shared. Longboards did not.Special Features:
- excellent food great menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/17/2012excellent food great menu excellent friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Great food, great serviceRonnieGDined on 3/16/2012Found the recommendation on Open Table. Was blown away by the service. The staff must pracctice smiling because people cannot be that happy all the time. I searched out the manager and complimented her on her staff, the quality of the food, the presentation, the cost.... I was with a client. All went perfect! Recomend highly.Special Features: