Long Valley Pub and Brewery
1 Fairmount Road
Long Valley, NJ 07853Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $31 to $50
Long Valley Pub and Brewery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantvillageatlongvalley.com/rest_home.php?restid=1
- Phone: 9088761122
- Hours of Operation:
Open seven days a week 11:30 a.m til....
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Brewery
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full Catering Menu is available for on-site events and off-site. Our Catering Truck will deliver your party to your door!
- Entertainment: Live Music every weekend on Friday and Saturday evenings!
- Special Events: Our yearly Oktoberfest is the most anticipated event of the year! Check our website for our full event schedule. www.restaurantvillageatlongvalley.com Sign up to be on our email list for promotions, coupons, and all special events.
A word from Long Valley Pub and Brewery
Nestled at the foot of Schooley's Mountain in the heart of scenic Long Valley, New Jersey, the Long Valley Pub and Brewery resides in a breathtakingly restored 200-year-old barn. Our brewery and kitchen are central to the character of our establishment. Our award winning brewer and outstanding culinary team have developed a wide variety of unique beers and culinary creations to appeal to the diverse tastes of our patrons. Like the 200-year-old barn that houses our restaurant, our fresh beer, quality food and dedicated staff stand to make this a perfect site for a night out for your special occasion. The Long Valley Brew Pub is part of Restaurant Village which also features Splash Seafood & Pasta and Sweet Endings Dessert Shoppe and Wine Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Long Valley Pub and Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (8)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- foodieDined on 9/13/2014We live walking distance to the Brew Pub but seldom go there. We consider it a glorified diner with high prices. The building is attractive. Once taken to our table we had to wait for them to clean underneath it because there was food everywhere. We got pub food (wouldn't order anything else).My Rubin was fine. My husbands burger was also fine. Our guests got a steak and a pasta dish. The pasta dish was $18.00 for a bowl of pasta with a bit of ham in it. It was overpriced for what was received. The steak was loaded with gristle & membrane running through it for a cost of $26.00. When we complained they did take it off the bill. There were a lot of families here with children. The food just reminds us why we don't come here.Special Features:
- Great food and bar sceneCordDined on 8/24/2014Long Valley Pub is a great place to go for great beer and good food. The menu has something for everyone. The German food is very good. My family loves this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumVIPDined on 8/12/2014A nice find for dinner, the beers that are made on site are good and really liked the Porter. The menu is diverse, the turkey burger was a good selection, the steak got good reviews, and the kobe burger was better than expected. A wide range of appetizers as liked the calamari and the hummus platter. Would go back if nothing else for the beers and the food is a bonus
- DeliciousMellsVIPDined on 8/9/2014If you like beer this is a great place for you. Try the flight of ales! I had the Kobe burger and enjoyed it but the extravagant desert special was Tres Leches was not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No flavorUnderdineDined on 8/8/2014Food had little flavor. Order was wrong dish. Correct dish was rushed and was under cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good appetizer, bland entreeshangrygirlDined on 8/8/2014We made online reservations for two with a request for outdoor seating on a Friday night. We arrived a few minutes early and were told by the hostess it would be 20-30 minute wait for outdoor seating. We came hungry so we decided to sit indoors. The table we sat at had a nice view of the patio and two empty tables that stayed empty for at least 30 minutes. The spring roll appetizer the waitress recommended were great. Perhaps we should have asked for her recommendation for the entrees because what we ordered was a bit lackluster. The shrimp panini was ok but it seemed as though it had been made without the shrimp and they were added just before serving. The southwest salad was a bit bland. I've had better salads at Applebees.Special Features:
- Great outdoor treatHappyladyDined on 7/26/2014We had an amazing meal and the view of the area was an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poorly Run Outdoor AreajcziiVIPDined on 7/18/2014I made a reservation with special comment to eat in their outdoor area. We show up and they are bringing us an indoor table. I told them I asked for outdoor and they put me to the bottom on the list for outdoor tables. I've never heard more plates and glases falling and breaking. It was crazy. We ordered wine. It took a long time. They said they had to go into their basement to get it. Then it took extra long to bring out entrees which were a bison burger with fries and shrimp quesadia. Nothing special so don't know why it took so long. Oh yeah. We ordered mussles in white wine sauce. Supposed to have garlic bread which they didn't bring. had to ask and they brough plain rolls which was ok. Just frustrating how bad the service was.Special Features:
- Great placeDRELSVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great place. Very vibrant crowd and varied, reasonably priced menu. Great outdoor seating when it's no too hot ( or cold). Service is excellent. Drinks fabulous. Always a good time.Special Features:
- ChloeDined on 6/22/2014Havent' been there since April...a lot has changed. We were considerably disappointed in the significant reduction is portions. I had the Ploughman's platter; tablespoon of hummus, four slices of a bland cheese, a large pile of grapes, four olives, 6 slices of crostini, three flatbread sticks and a sliver of pate. My partner had a burger and fries; burger was fine, but there were maybe 10 fries. There was a woman walking around asking if the chef did a good job, but didn't wait to hear our response. It's always been pricey, but the quantity made up for that -- not anymore.Special Features:
- Great place for in/outside diningPatrickVIPDined on 6/7/2014I was pleasantly surprised at the exceptional food, home brews, desserts, and inside/outside ambience. I will go back. Very nice place.Special Features:
- The following 65 reviews are from the Long Valley Pub and Brewery reviews archive.
- The LVBP is a favorite whenMikeDined on 3/28/2014The LVBP is a favorite when I either fishing with friends in the area or need a getaway from my local same old. Their beer as well as their food never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood stopBacciVIPDined on 3/8/2014Long Valley Brew Pub is hit or miss. The food was good and service was very good this time. It is a fun place to go and if bar food and a relaxed dining place is what you are looking for, then this us the place for you. The beer made on site is of course excellent. I always return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingjayenomicsDined on 2/14/2014From the reviews I was expecting a good experience, but my expectations were blown out of the water after our evening at Long Valley Pub and Brewery. The food was amazing, our waitress was outstanding and attentive, and the beer selective was fantastic. I will be back!Special Features:
- Always a favoriteMborisowDined on 2/1/2014This is always my favorite place to go. The food is very good and the beer is better. The brew their own beer with some really nice seasonal choices. The service is great with most of the staff knowing us by name and always willing to go the extra mile. I've had a few parties here but usually just go on Saturday night with close friends. Either way it's the place I think if first when planning a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Order the SchnitzelOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/10/2014I ordered the Schnitzel and it was almost inedible, completely over cooked, dried out and tasteless. I certainly would not recommend this particular menu choice. The rest of the group had no complaints so may be I ordered the wrong item.
- Poor Service AgainEddieDined on 1/4/2014Been here several times, sat at bar and had table service. The service at the bar is good but table service is terrible. For instance we waited over 10 minutes for the waiter to take our drink order. At that time we also ordered appetizers. The appetizers came out before the drinks arrived. Waiter was no where to be found. Our appetizers were finished and the waiter came by and said sorry I will go get the drinks. Staff is filled with college age kids who don't want to put in the effort to give good service. Overall the food and beer is good but the service is pretty poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drink, eat & out the doorNjoyDiningDined on 12/31/2013We had an early dinner reservation for New Year's Eve, plenty of empty tables available. So what was the big rush? Waitress was in such a rush she brought the wrong beer selected by one of us. The dinners were brought within minutes of the appetizers, table was crowded with appetizers and dinners getting cold. Swordfish was over cooked, dry and pilaf was also over cooked. We were out the door in less than an hour. A good dining experience should last at least 2 hours. We have had lunch there, on many occasions, and would recommend The Pub for lunch, but will not recommend for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experience for the first timeBruceBrechtDined on 11/30/2013We have eaten here several times in the summer and had a good experience. We have not been here in a few months and the service was slow our food was overcooked and the instructions for our meals were not followed. The food runners seem to not know which table the food want to and we're constantly stopping at different tables asking if this was their meal. After all or trouble we were offered free desserts but the brownie was hard as a rock but the apple pie was good. It will be a long time before we try this spot again. Will probably wait till the outdoors is open for the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Our favorite "GoTo" restaurant!LuvOpenTableDined on 9/22/2013On a recent trip to Austria, we were disappointed to find the food nowhere near as good as the Brew Pub's! The sauerbraten is marinated in the Pub's own German ale, whose flavor bursts through in every tender, mouth-watering bite! And the spaetzel would have made my German grandmother jealous- comfort food to the max!! Every meal we have had at the Pub has been outstanding and left us looking forward to going again. The outside patio is a delight and inside, the rustic old barn is warm and inviting. The scenic ride to the restaurant alone is worth it. Ignore the naysayers and try this place for yourself. If you have an experience anything close to ours, you will be very glad you did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for Bar not RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/22/2013The inside bar and outdoor dining area are very nice. A lot of microbrews, live music, and TVs for sports watching. If you are going for a meal, on the other hand, you may be disappointed. A table of 6 with 4 adults yielded 4 adults unhappy with their meals. Food overcooked and without taste. French fries looked like they were cooked twice or reheated. Clearly the priority is the bar scene vs a restaurant that has an nice eclectic menu but disappoints with taste, texture and temperature.Special Features:
- Wonderful atmosphere, but...SizzleVIPDined on 7/30/2013We have been to the Long Valley Pub and Brewery since it opened. It has great beer, and is a lovely place. I just find the menu is somewhat limited. The food is fine, but not rave-worthy. The serving staff is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!LoriMBVIPDined on 7/23/2013We gave been dining here for many years. The historic setting is fun and the food is always satisfying. The home brewed beers are fantastic!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/23/2013After several failed attempts to be seated as they are always so busy, we made a reservation. The place is lovely and we were seated promptly but the food was outright awful. The sauerbraten and schnitzel had that freezer food taste yet it took a very long time for the food to come from the kitchen. On the upside the service was friendly and the beer was great.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedShorkieVIPDined on 6/4/2013What a great place! Food was excellent. Service was attentive but not overwhelming. Beer - superb!Special Features:
- Don't Bother GoingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2013Food below average. Waiters/waitresses all young kids, that also aren't very good. Disappointing place.
- Way too much noise!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Great food and excellent beer. However on a Saturday night it is extremely noisy, very difficult to talk because of terrible background noise. The acoustic of the room is such that the noise is echoed and made worse.Special Features:
- Probably a novelty 15 years agoJaz000VIPDined on 4/13/2013The menu is pretty basic pub food, and the beer is pretty basic as well. I was pleasantly surprised that the beer was tasty, although the beer snob in me was disappointed that the styles were uninspiring. Many of the beers include "award winners" from the previous decade (or more); I'd prefer that the brewers weren't resting on their laurels and on some dozen-year-old recipe and tried something new and creative instead. Don't get me wrong, the beer was tasty -- but simple. I like that beer is available in growlers for take-home, but it astounds me that they'd use clear glass. It tells me that someone there doesn't take beer seriously enough, which isn't a good sign at place selling itself as a brewery.
- This was my first time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013This was my first time there but we were impressed. Great food and we will definitely return!Special Features:
- Beautifully RusticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2013Nice local brewery. Stick to the sandwiches and pub fare and you will have a good meal. Dinners are good, not great. Wonderful stone barn, fireplace and wood beams; beautifully rustic.Special Features:
- I have gone to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/6/2013I have gone to this restaurant a number of times. I always enjoy the service, food and atmosphere. It is a great place to catch up with friends and family. They have an assortment of microbrews if you enjoy that and the food is always good. It looks like a great place in the summer but I always visit around Christmas with the fireplace going it is a perfect atmosphere.Special Features:
- This place is a classic old-coloniaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012This place is a classic old-colonial stone building updated with brass and granite. Huge open fireplaces crackling away. Excellent food! Reasonably priced. Just a very enjoyable environment. Recommend it highly. And a beautiful ride through the countryside to get there.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/21/2012Took over a hour to get there from Bergen but it was worth it. Great beers and great food. I would highly recommend it all my friends.Special Features:
- Probably a good joint forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Probably a good joint for a burger and a beer, entrees we had were very bland and lacked the wow factor for the money spent. Bottom line, expensive and we felt rushed.
- dependably good food, fromOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/16/2012dependably good food, from the starters (yummy calamari and quesadillas) to the mains (awesome mac & cheese, but good salads, too) to the delicious desserts (who can resist chocolate cake?). service was also very good - they accommodated a couple of substitution requests, and were attentive in keeping the beers coming.Special Features:
- Great bar scene, outdoor diningLoriMBVIPDined on 10/6/2012Great bar scene, outdoor dining with heaters for chilly nights and good beer! Very family friendly.Special Features:
- Food can be good, though theyConsistentVIPDined on 9/22/2012Food can be good, though they tend to undercook at times. Their service is typically pitiful. On our last visit, the server was obviously brand new and did not know how to manage his tables. Nice kid, but his lack of experience led to a loooong meal. No silverware, no drink refills, no condiments. The worst part, the manager stood behind the bar and did nothing. Never visited our table because he never left his spot. He could use a visit to any chain restaurant to see how they manage things.
- Great singer - John Shea entertaineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2012Great singer - John Shea entertained during dinner - was unplanned, but turned out to be a lot of fun.
- Must-go-to spot in Long ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/18/2012It was the first time I've dined there despite knowing about the place for a long time. It's about a 20 minute drive into the "sticks" from my house, but my wife and I figured we'd give it a shot. Great historic building that's absolutely beautiful. One thing that was awkward was that it was fairly busy and there was NO music and so it sounded very much like a cafeteria.So the menu. The menu was written for me, I mean, it was hard to make the call on what to get. And they way the articulated the ingredients hit me right int he belly so I was eager to dig in... That said, the execution, not as great. OK, but not great. Onion Soup - tremendous, no complaints. Ribs, very good. Pulled pork, very dry and was clearly sitting around for a while.Special Features:
- Very nice place. Good foodDoctorJDined on 5/5/2012Very nice place. Good food (the french onion soup was terrific), and the sandwiches my wife and I had were very tasty (I had the sloppy joe and my wife had the Ruben). Service was good. Overall good experience.Special Features: