Lonesome Dove Western Bistro
2406 N. Main
Fort Worth, TX 76164Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Stockyards
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Lonesome Dove Western Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lonesomedovebistro.com/
- Phone: 8177408810
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Love
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Full Service on and off-site catering offered.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining for groups of up to 400 people.
- Private Party Contact: Julia Tighe 8177408810
- Entertainment: Background Texas music at the restaurant nightly.
A word from Lonesome Dove Western Bistro
For over 10 years, Chef Tim Love’s Lonesome Dove Western Bistro has been among Fort Worth’s top restaurant destinations. Love’s signature urban western cuisine is on display nightly in Lonesome Dove’s open kitchen, with a constantly changing selection of steaks, seafood and wild game. Inventive dishes like Wild Board Ribs, Rabbit Rattlesnake Sausage, Elk and Foie Gras Sliders, Kangaroo Nachos, and Love’s custom-made Tomahawk Chop (a 28-oz bone-in Wagyu ribeye) are sure to please guests looking for a truly unique and memorable dining experience. Located in Fort Worth’s Historic Stockyard District, the Lonesome Dove is a new Fort Worth dining institution.Continued
Lonesome Dove is urban western chic with beautiful art and a very comfortable and lively atmosphere.
Lonesome Dove is urban western chic with beautiful art and a very comfortable and lively atmosphere.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Lonesome Dove Western Bistro - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Stockyards ›
Lonesome Dove Western Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (111)fit for foodies (92)romantic (70)notable wine list (49)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (24)hot spot (22)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great experienceBTechDined on 8/23/2014The stuffed Garlic Tenderloin was delectable! I do feel that there was someone hiding in the back laughing at everyone who paid $12 for the kangaroo nachos and received two small chips with about a 2 gm piece of meat on it. They were tasty, but appetizers are not a good value for the money.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingFoodieNFabulousDined on 8/22/2014It seems Chef Tim Love has moved on in his endeavors and left Lonesome Dove behind. The level of service and quality of food is way off par with the $30-$40 price tag on beef entrees. We chose the evening's special of skirt steak with fingerling potatoes - the steak was cooked well but was flavorless and the "fingerling potatoes" were nothing more than diced potatoes that were fried and drenched in oil. There were pools of oil on the plate. Even my usual butter leaf lettuce salad with smoked bacon lardons was disappointing. Nothing at all like the fabulous salad I had enjoyed over the last decade. The "chocolate bread pudding" was a gooey mess. My water was not refilled till empty. Strictly a place for tourists now? We sadly won't return.
- SurprisedaandsDined on 8/22/2014We were surprised when we were seated and received the menu. We had booked through the DFW Restaurant Week website but when we asked for the Restaurant Week menu we were informed that Lonesome Dove only participates the first week (this was the second week). It was of course a disappointment and an aggravation that the Restaurant Week website lets you make reservations when the restaurant is not participating. Of course, I should have paid more attention when making the reservations so consider this a warning when you book through the DFW Restaurant Week website. Now with that said, the evening was still delightful, the regular menu was excellent, the food was great and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yumfr0gDined on 8/16/2014Tasty modern twists on game and seafood ingredients. We tried a handful of appetizers as well as several different entrees. Almost everything ordered we would order again, esp. the garlic stuff tenderloin. Dessert was definitely the weakest part but that's how it is for many places. Try it!Special Features:
- Great experienceEmo81Dined on 8/16/2014This is my second visit to lonesome dove and the service and food were as good as the first time. I love that you can get amazing food without having to wear a suit. The atmosphere is typical of Ft. Worth: friendly, inviting, yet classy at the same time. I recommend the lobster hush puppies for an appetizer and tenderloin medallions for entree. My Texas Jewel cocktail was a refreshing grapefruit treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFoodElderDined on 8/15/2014Had a reservation, but was seated 30 mins late. My only complaint is that they need a bigger place. Food was great. Very pleasant experience. Will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okComebackDined on 8/15/2014If I had a choice to go back or go to Luby's!! I would rather go to Luby's and I am only 31 years old! The server was good but the food wasn't drinks were good but the food was not! Maybe I went on a bad night but I was not impressed and I feel that they are over rated.
- DisappointedFWlocalfoodieDined on 8/15/2014I was fairly disappointed in the service. My reservations were at 9pm and we were not seated until 9:50pm. They said they were running a bit behind (on top of having to provide my cc# for the reservations). We were told that we were next and they seated 2 groups prior to us being seated. We've been there for the past 5 years during restaurant week for the fundraising and this was the first year it came out as a disappointment. It felt like more of a chain restaurant service.Special Features:
- Sadly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014I will be the first to recognize Restaurant Week sets chaos ablaze at some restaurants. We made the unfortunate hope that Lonesome Dove would be a well-oiled machine to such occasions. No such luck. Our reservation was for 9pm, and we checked in at 8:45. We were not seated until 10:15. We had appetizers at the bar that we wouldn't have ordered had we been seated at our reservation time, since we had a 3 course meal ahead of us. I'm secretly thankful however because once we were seated, we had to order entirely as a table from the main menu or entirely from Restaurant week menu. So the best thing we ate all night was the elk sliders appetizer. That was never mentioned prior, so irritating. Out of Characters, but so disappointing.Special Features:
- An abundance of 'game'patlikestravelDined on 8/15/2014I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant that has had a wider variety of game served! And it was all very good, my steak literally melted in my mouth. It was a little louder than I normally like, luckily we ended up in a 'side' room which was perfect. Went for Restaurant Week, but we had some of the unusual appetizers, Lobster hushpuppies, Rattlesnake/rabbit sausage and elk sliders: All wonderful. Service was great, everyone was attentive, but not overwhelming. The only poor rating would be the bathroom situation...only one in the restaurant?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014supershot5VIPDined on 8/15/2014We went to LD for DFW restaurant week, and were not disappointed in any way. The beef tenderloin was incredible and appeared to be a bit larger than the 6 ounces advertised on the menu. The staff was very helpful in recommending wine from the rather large wine list. The dining room is split between several smaller rooms, each with that Texas charm you can only get in the stockyards. Overall: a definite recommendationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better establishments availableDianeR911Dined on 8/14/2014Food is not worth the price. Service slow. We have no desire to return.
- A Little DisappointingDirtDoyenneDined on 8/13/2014We'd heard so many wonderful things about Lonesome Dove over the years, and every time we'd tried to go before, we couldn't get a reservation. This year we decided to try it during Restaurant Week, and made our reservation early. We ordered 4 appetizers for a party of 4, so that we each could try a sample of each of the items. We also added two side dishes to our dinner. While almost everything was tasty (two of us did not like the rabbit and rattlesnake sausage), it wasn't outstanding. I didn't think it was a good value; with the addition of 3 cocktails to the tab, it was over $100 per person (including tip.)
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Excellent food and great service!! Need I say more?!?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pmcfinewineDined on 8/9/2014The food and experience was pleasant. The apps were good, especially the elk sliders and hushpuppies. The scallop crudo with a slice of raw squash and Serrano was a big miss. The squash didn't at all go with the scallop. Didn't taste bad, just was a waste of a scallop. The wine list is boring and the only European wines were some champagnes and a still rose. Wine was served in cheap wine glasses. Food and wine menu are far too expensive to not have proper glassware. The elk entrée was OK. The beef loin with croquettes was the way to go. Service was polite but our server was absent for long stretches, especially after we ordered wine. Overall, it was fun for our 6 top but I will not rush back. Selling tshirts on the menu is tackyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Upscale Western BistroNolaDined on 8/9/2014The food and service were excellent. Chef 's recommendations were on point. Really nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a date.trynewthingsDined on 8/8/2014The food is very unique, including choices such as elk and spaghetti squash. Everything I tried was fantastic. They have excellent mixed drinks, my favorite is the Jalapeno, Cucumber Margarita. It is worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but a little loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014My wife and I visited Lonesome Dove for our Anniversary. Granted, it was 7p on a Friday night but there were two large groups in our dining room that made it really hard to have a conversation. Our waiter was really nice but spread too thin I think. My water sat empty twice and our entrees came out a bit before our sides. Food was good. If you're looking for a place to have a cocktail or generally like high energy dining this is the place for you. If you're looking for a quiet & relaxing experience avoid Fri/Sat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUSINESS DINNERAgamerDined on 8/5/2014Every time I take a customer to dinner there, it is a high point.Special Features:
- Terrific ExperienceShimdogDined on 8/2/2014We followed a recommendation to dine at Lonesome Dove, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The menu was innovative, the food was perfectly prepared, and the service was spot on. It is not an inexpensive place to dine, but for special occassions this one is a perfect choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceChris47Dined on 8/2/2014My wife have eaten here for several years on our anniversary. The staff has always been awesome and very accommodating. This recent especially. We somehow ended up in the wine cellar. We asked to be moved up stairs and it was graciously accommodated by the host with only a minimal wait. The food as always was superb. If I could say one thing negative it would be, in my opinion, the menu needs some changes to something new. It hasnt changed much. On the other side though, why fix what isnt broke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!TxssunDined on 8/2/2014Lonesome Dove never fails to deliver excellent food, service and ambiance! It remains at the very top of my list for any special occasion, as well as just a delight at any time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spot with hubbybailsbiteDined on 7/26/2014We saw Tim Love on Bravo a few years ago and when we moved to the Metroplex we were excited to try his place. We went to the Stockyards and gave it a try. We love that you can sample any appetizer as there is an awesome variety from lobster hush puppies, wild boar ribs to our favorite the elk sliders! This is the best bite of food you will ever have. Elk sausage, foie gras and a dab of blueberry jam...who knew???? We look forward to those every year as we always get a gift card for Christmas! Then there is the entree...we love the bison burger!! It is the meat, cheese and bun and needs no accessories!!! I have had the ham and cheese and the tenderloin sandwich but the burger rocks!! Burger prices are normal...13.00!! Try it! You'll love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioso DiningirbfishinDined on 7/25/2014The beef tenderloin and elk loin were very good. The lobster hushpuppy was very good. The rabbit-rattlesnake sausage first course was good. The sausage slice was very small and was over grilled(charred black), would not order again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for special occasionsTB00Dined on 7/24/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary and the staff went out of their way to make sure we had an amazing experience. The food was over the top delicious. We would definitely return and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe the best restaurant in FWFrankMVIPDined on 7/23/2014We have eaten here several times, and I believe it is the best restaurant in Fort Worth. The menu has a nice variety of foods to chose from, with a definite Texas flair. I would highly recommend this place, especially if you have out of town guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014We hosted a business dinner at the Lonesome Dove for out of state vistors. Historical aspect of the area as well as the unique menu options were great for conversations. The food was wonderful!Special Features:
- Superb.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014We had dinner at the charming Lonesome Dove on a Saturday night, arriving early to have pre-dinner cocktails at the bar. The Jalapeno Cucumber Margaritas were fantastic. A great start to the evening. First Course: Blue Corn Lobster Hushpuppies. Impressive. Breading was crunchy and the lobster filling was delicate and flavorful. [Note: The complimentary bread delivered to the table was also great (loved the Jalapeno Cornbread).] Second Course: Farm Salad. A perfect combination of flavors. Main Courses: Grilled Quail (Thai Vinaigrette was fantastic!) and Roasted Garlic Stuffed Beef Tenderloin (Syrah demi-glace was perfect). Wine list was very nice. We were extremely pleased with our experience. Looking forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereJkadingoDined on 7/19/2014The food was excellent, had the wild boar ribs, best pork ribs of any kind that I have ever had. Also the fried beets, try them before you judge, unbelievable. Everything was excellent, also patio out back, will try it next time.Special Features:
- Missed the markOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2014Food (Elk Loin) was cold. Waited over an hour for our entrees. Instead of redoing the dish, they stuck it under a heat lamp and tried to re-serve it cold again. Terrible!! This was our 5th and last visit to Lonesome Dove. The other 4 visits were excellent. It appears that Lonesome Dove has turned into a tourist restaurant with little attention to food quality. Too many excellent choices in Ft Worth to tolerate the nonsense that we experienced Saturday night.
- GREAT EXPERIENCEWinedoctorVIPDined on 7/12/2014The restaurant is located in the Ft Worth stockyards, so parking is difficult. There is a valet right outside the restaurant, it costs $5. The restaurant was smaller than I expected, about 25 tables divided into 2 rooms. Lonesome Dove is basically a steakhouse with southwestern influences. The food was delicious, I loved the elk slider appetizer however my wife did not. We shared the wagyu tomahawk rib eye and added the fried beets. The steak and all sides were fantastic. Our server was A+, we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Unique Western FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014If you're looking for some run-of-the-mill steak house, this isn't it. While the steaks are great, the things that Tim Love and his staff do with wild game is amazing. From the rattlesnake/rabbit sausage to the elk sliders, and beyond. Everything is delicious, and the staff is incredibly accomodating. Of course, all of this comes with a hefty price, but well worth it in my humble opinion.Special Features:
- Great spotMRMMDined on 7/7/2014Everything was great. Definitely would like to return.Special Features:
- merlin462roninftwDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I have been going to Lonesome Dove since it first opened and the food and service has always been first rate. We started bringing my daughter when she was 16 and ever since she has requested this for her birthday dinner as she did again Saturday night. My wife ordered the lobster hushpuppies and they were about 80 percent lobster and really good. I got the foie gras and they were OK but not as good as the other appetizers we ordered like my daughter's rattlesnake sausage or her boyfriend's elk sliders. The standout entrée was the halibut which was delectable and the elk loin was great. I loved the melt in your mouth stuffed filet and my daughter's lamb loin was quite good. Overall the meal was memorable but pricey.Special Features:
- Lonesome Dovepamporter600Dined on 6/28/2014Food was very modern (some too modern) and different, which is good thing. Our server was a bit indifferent. The Entree was good, appetizers I would recommend the Lobster fritterSpecial Features:
- ExcellentandytDined on 6/28/2014Great food, great service, a little on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Good peopleLonesomeDoveDined on 6/25/2014This place is what the stockyards are all about. Texas hospitality at its best!Special Features:
- Exceptional choiceHappyCoupleDined on 6/23/2014Lonesome Dove has it all! Great ambiance, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014When my husband and I travel we often try the great restaurants of this country. However, we have never tried a gem in our backyard. Tim Love's Lonesome Dove was everything it was suppose to be- wonderful atmosphere, superb service and food I will dream about for months. Definitely worth a trip to Ft. Worth!Special Features:
- Amazing food!AmyQDined on 6/21/2014We arrived very early (almost a half an hour) for our reservation, and sat at the bar to have drinks while we waited. The bar staff was fabulous, and it was fun just to watch them work! We were whisked away to our table very quickly, considering our off timing, and from there on out we were in good hands. The food and service was amazing, and the ambiance was perfect for the Stockyards area (and even engendered a lively debate about the taxidermy among the hunters at our table)! Thanks for a great evening. It was definitely worth the drive over from Dallas!Special Features: