Lonesome Dove Western Bistro
2406 N. Main
Fort Worth, TX 76164Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Stockyards
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Lonesome Dove Western Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lonesomedovebistro.com/
- Phone: 8177408810
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Love
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Full Service on and off-site catering offered.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining for groups of up to 400 people.
- Private Party Contact: Julia Tighe 8177408810
- Entertainment: Background Texas music at the restaurant nightly.
A word from Lonesome Dove Western Bistro
For over 10 years, Chef Tim Love’s Lonesome Dove Western Bistro has been among Fort Worth’s top restaurant destinations. Love’s signature urban western cuisine is on display nightly in Lonesome Dove’s open kitchen, with a constantly changing selection of steaks, seafood and wild game. Inventive dishes like Wild Board Ribs, Rabbit Rattlesnake Sausage, Elk and Foie Gras Sliders, Kangaroo Nachos, and Love’s custom-made Tomahawk Chop (a 28-oz bone-in Wagyu ribeye) are sure to please guests looking for a truly unique and memorable dining experience. Located in Fort Worth’s Historic Stockyard District, the Lonesome Dove is a new Fort Worth dining institution.Continued
Lonesome Dove is urban western chic with beautiful art and a very comfortable and lively atmosphere.
Lonesome Dove is urban western chic with beautiful art and a very comfortable and lively atmosphere.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Lonesome Dove Western Bistro - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Stockyards ›
Lonesome Dove Western Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (100)fit for foodies (82)romantic (54)notable wine list (51)neighborhood gem (41)hot spot (29)good for groups (22)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- JenniferOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Business dinner couldn't have been better, Chris was an excellent server, food was amazing, Elsa Malbec topped off the meal.Special Features:
- Excellent food; quality serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014We found the supper experience enjoyable and not 'stuffy' but elegant. The menu was creative and offered delicacies not normally found at other restaurants. I had the Elk which was superb! I will gladly recommend Lonesome Dove to my friends and colleagues without reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the WaiteatemupcatsDined on 10/18/2014I have been wanting to eat here for a while but plans always fell through. The food and service was definitely worth the wait.Special Features:
- Never again!Stephshea11Dined on 10/18/2014Service was poor at best. "Energetic" is not the descriptor I would have chosen to describe the noise level. Frankly, the low light, loud music, and incompetent staff all contributed to a $400+ LUNCH for 4 adults and 1 child. NOTE: The appetizers (first course) are charged per piece!! We spent more on "first course" than the actual meal & drinks combined. I would NEVER recommend this establishment to a friend, probably not even an enemy.
- Best posole ever!BiosafetybabeVIPDined on 10/17/2014Highly recommend the lamb posole--very "lamby" without tasting like mutton. Spice level was just right. We also had the elk sliders as an appetizer and they were also cooked perfectly--not over cooked like sliders can be. Great for lunch--they offer 1/2 portions of several entrees so you don't have to overeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Great menu selections and presentations made for a wonderful meal with great service. We have our favorites like the corn salad and game entrees. However, one entree was not cooked evenly and espresso is not available...a serious oversight for our group. Management offered to re-cook the entree, but that would have left us all waiting, so we declined. Lonesome Dove remains a Fort Worth favorite.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, loved the bar!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014My sister and her husband was visiting, she and I have a long history of sharing entree's - it's a "family thing" (the men ordered their own entree's of course). We both ordered appetizers & sides but wanted to share the tenderloin and wouldn't have objected to a split charge, no problem. Our waiter seemed miffed as did the server who brought the steak. I asked the waiter to take a photo at our table and he seemed quite put out with my request. His attitude from the moment we asked for the split was just so unnecessary. It also took far too long to get our food without an explanation for the wait. When our food finally arrived my tenderloin was way overcooked but we didn't send it back because of the slow service - we were starved!Special Features:
- best steak everyemvc2002Dined on 10/10/2014have dined here on multiple occasions. always a pleasant establishment to dine at. best steak ever around the dfw areaSpecial Features:
- Jumped the shark?OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/8/2014I've enjoyed LD for both lunch and dinner for years. Went for dinner on a weeknight recently and was stunned by the mediocrity of the whole affair. Kangaroo nachos, nothing to write home about and served on a little dinner plate. Sealed dressing tasted bottled (surely not) Signature ginger cocktail was a watery affair that taisted nothing of ginger. Halibut entrea was tasteless and the veggies that came with it were raw. Duck was ok. Bread pudding desert -meh. What a shame
- Western & Classylandry2003Dined on 9/19/2014Servers were excellent, friendly and hard working! Food was wonderful! Will be a repeat customer and recommend to friends. Could have made a wonderful meal on the appetizers alone! They were that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently terrific!MosesDined on 9/18/2014We always enjoy the atmosphere, service and most importantly...the food at Lonesome Dove!Special Features:
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014We have lived all over the world and eaten in some of the world's best and most renowned restaurants. Chef Love can go head to head with any of them in creativity and taste! Would recommend it to anyone. Service was outstanding! We will be back. And if you want a fun lunch go to Chef's Love Shack in the old Stockyards!Special Features:
- JbellairsMelbatoastDined on 9/10/2014We had eaten there a few years ago and were disappointed that the menu had not changed much, and the food is very medicore now.
- One of a kindWRR218Dined on 9/10/2014We found Lonesome Dove to be a bit of an odd duck. Everything was good, but it's priced so high and so remote for us (from Dallas) that it won't be a place we go back to. It might be fun to take some out of town guests who want to play cowboy for a night in the stockyard area. The old building and decorations are very impressive to that end. We liked the Paloma and hamachi tostadas we tried the best. The lobster hush puppies were not bad either if you're ok with fried food. The elk and quail entrees were both good, but the best that either of us have had elsewhere. The waiter pushed the boar ribs, but I thought they were too fatty and burnt to eat. They will let you pick and choose a combination of the appetizers tapas style.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC STEAK!!!TedRen1029Dined on 9/5/2014We traveled to Fort Worth to visit friends and made it a point to dine at Lonesome Dove based on a review featuring the Top 30 Steakhouses in the U.S. Having dined at Alexander's Steakhouse (SF) a few times, I wondered "just how good could this be?". To my pleasant surprise, the signature filet mignon EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS. Plating & presentation aside, the filet was really incredible.... The next time I am in Fort Worth, rest assured that I know where we will dine, at least once.Special Features:
- Superb service. Food disappointing.fabfoodseekerDined on 8/30/2014I was extremely satisfied on previous visits, but tonight was simply not up to par for such an upscale eatery. The service was wonderful, and we were treated like royalty. There were four in my party, all looking forward to a real treat. The appetizers were all unique and exceptional. The Roasted Garlic Stuffed Beef Tenderloin, was cooked to my liking & very tasty. It was on a bed of Western Plaid Hash, which didn't seem any different than crispy potato straws. The asparagus was perfectly grilled al dente. My friends were very happy with the Seared Foie Gras, Cinco Cebollos, but their main course - Halibut En Papillote - was way over cooked, dry and inedible! Overall, the experience was very good.Special Features:
- Great place to visit...LuvSumDoveDined on 8/30/2014Making reservations was a breeze. Once I got there they took care of us making my date and I feel welecome. The waiter explained the menu in such a way that made it fun and interesting. The entrees were exceptionally well prepared. Visually and the ambience of the place went hand-in-hand with what you would hope to see from an upscale place such as Lonesome Dove. But with the service and type of food we got from there... I don't think those doves will be too lonesome for long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBTechDined on 8/23/2014The stuffed Garlic Tenderloin was delectable! I do feel that there was someone hiding in the back laughing at everyone who paid $12 for the kangaroo nachos and received two small chips with about a 2 gm piece of meat on it. They were tasty, but appetizers are not a good value for the money.Special Features:
- Our Poor ServerNoNicknameDined on 8/22/2014Well, I must say...our server was one tough dude. My Dad was in town visiting and decided to pick apart each word our server spoke when ingredients were discussed. He's reading a new book written by a CIA grad, so it was sort of..."On"...if you will. To the extent other tables might have received slower service, I think, but our server never got flustered. He provided great recommendations and showed a very in-depth knowledge of the menu. He also responded very well to 'contructive criticizm'...as it were. Fantastic food - will be back for sure. Each dish was very well thought out with various complimentary textures, flavors, and temps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingFoodieNFabulousDined on 8/22/2014It seems Chef Tim Love has moved on in his endeavors and left Lonesome Dove behind. The level of service and quality of food is way off par with the $30-$40 price tag on beef entrees. We chose the evening's special of skirt steak with fingerling potatoes - the steak was cooked well but was flavorless and the "fingerling potatoes" were nothing more than diced potatoes that were fried and drenched in oil. There were pools of oil on the plate. Even my usual butter leaf lettuce salad with smoked bacon lardons was disappointing. Nothing at all like the fabulous salad I had enjoyed over the last decade. The "chocolate bread pudding" was a gooey mess. My water was not refilled till empty. Strictly a place for tourists now? We sadly won't return.
- SurprisedaandsDined on 8/22/2014We were surprised when we were seated and received the menu. We had booked through the DFW Restaurant Week website but when we asked for the Restaurant Week menu we were informed that Lonesome Dove only participates the first week (this was the second week). It was of course a disappointment and an aggravation that the Restaurant Week website lets you make reservations when the restaurant is not participating. Of course, I should have paid more attention when making the reservations so consider this a warning when you book through the DFW Restaurant Week website. Now with that said, the evening was still delightful, the regular menu was excellent, the food was great and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yumfr0gDined on 8/16/2014Tasty modern twists on game and seafood ingredients. We tried a handful of appetizers as well as several different entrees. Almost everything ordered we would order again, esp. the garlic stuff tenderloin. Dessert was definitely the weakest part but that's how it is for many places. Try it!Special Features:
- Great experienceEmo81Dined on 8/16/2014This is my second visit to lonesome dove and the service and food were as good as the first time. I love that you can get amazing food without having to wear a suit. The atmosphere is typical of Ft. Worth: friendly, inviting, yet classy at the same time. I recommend the lobster hush puppies for an appetizer and tenderloin medallions for entree. My Texas Jewel cocktail was a refreshing grapefruit treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFoodElderDined on 8/15/2014Had a reservation, but was seated 30 mins late. My only complaint is that they need a bigger place. Food was great. Very pleasant experience. Will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okComebackDined on 8/15/2014If I had a choice to go back or go to Luby's!! I would rather go to Luby's and I am only 31 years old! The server was good but the food wasn't drinks were good but the food was not! Maybe I went on a bad night but I was not impressed and I feel that they are over rated.
- DisappointedFWlocalfoodieDined on 8/15/2014I was fairly disappointed in the service. My reservations were at 9pm and we were not seated until 9:50pm. They said they were running a bit behind (on top of having to provide my cc# for the reservations). We were told that we were next and they seated 2 groups prior to us being seated. We've been there for the past 5 years during restaurant week for the fundraising and this was the first year it came out as a disappointment. It felt like more of a chain restaurant service.Special Features:
- Sadly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014I will be the first to recognize Restaurant Week sets chaos ablaze at some restaurants. We made the unfortunate hope that Lonesome Dove would be a well-oiled machine to such occasions. No such luck. Our reservation was for 9pm, and we checked in at 8:45. We were not seated until 10:15. We had appetizers at the bar that we wouldn't have ordered had we been seated at our reservation time, since we had a 3 course meal ahead of us. I'm secretly thankful however because once we were seated, we had to order entirely as a table from the main menu or entirely from Restaurant week menu. So the best thing we ate all night was the elk sliders appetizer. That was never mentioned prior, so irritating. Out of Characters, but so disappointing.Special Features:
- An abundance of 'game'patlikestravelDined on 8/15/2014I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant that has had a wider variety of game served! And it was all very good, my steak literally melted in my mouth. It was a little louder than I normally like, luckily we ended up in a 'side' room which was perfect. Went for Restaurant Week, but we had some of the unusual appetizers, Lobster hushpuppies, Rattlesnake/rabbit sausage and elk sliders: All wonderful. Service was great, everyone was attentive, but not overwhelming. The only poor rating would be the bathroom situation...only one in the restaurant?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014supershot5VIPDined on 8/15/2014We went to LD for DFW restaurant week, and were not disappointed in any way. The beef tenderloin was incredible and appeared to be a bit larger than the 6 ounces advertised on the menu. The staff was very helpful in recommending wine from the rather large wine list. The dining room is split between several smaller rooms, each with that Texas charm you can only get in the stockyards. Overall: a definite recommendationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better establishments availableDianeR911Dined on 8/14/2014Food is not worth the price. Service slow. We have no desire to return.
- A Little DisappointingDirtDoyenneDined on 8/13/2014We'd heard so many wonderful things about Lonesome Dove over the years, and every time we'd tried to go before, we couldn't get a reservation. This year we decided to try it during Restaurant Week, and made our reservation early. We ordered 4 appetizers for a party of 4, so that we each could try a sample of each of the items. We also added two side dishes to our dinner. While almost everything was tasty (two of us did not like the rabbit and rattlesnake sausage), it wasn't outstanding. I didn't think it was a good value; with the addition of 3 cocktails to the tab, it was over $100 per person (including tip.)
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Excellent food and great service!! Need I say more?!?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exotic Proteinsthe4rojosVIPDined on 8/12/2014We enjoy all of the interesting and well prepared proteins at this restaurant. Come hungry and with lots of cash. Also, if you like spicy, get the jalapeño margarita. The lobster hush puppies are a must try.... and the ancho chocolate cake. Wow.Special Features:
- pmcfinewineDined on 8/9/2014The food and experience was pleasant. The apps were good, especially the elk sliders and hushpuppies. The scallop crudo with a slice of raw squash and Serrano was a big miss. The squash didn't at all go with the scallop. Didn't taste bad, just was a waste of a scallop. The wine list is boring and the only European wines were some champagnes and a still rose. Wine was served in cheap wine glasses. Food and wine menu are far too expensive to not have proper glassware. The elk entrée was OK. The beef loin with croquettes was the way to go. Service was polite but our server was absent for long stretches, especially after we ordered wine. Overall, it was fun for our 6 top but I will not rush back. Selling tshirts on the menu is tackyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Upscale Western BistroNolaDined on 8/9/2014The food and service were excellent. Chef 's recommendations were on point. Really nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014Always superb. Food and service are as good as it gets.Special Features:
- Excellent for a date.trynewthingsDined on 8/8/2014The food is very unique, including choices such as elk and spaghetti squash. Everything I tried was fantastic. They have excellent mixed drinks, my favorite is the Jalapeno, Cucumber Margarita. It is worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but a little loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014My wife and I visited Lonesome Dove for our Anniversary. Granted, it was 7p on a Friday night but there were two large groups in our dining room that made it really hard to have a conversation. Our waiter was really nice but spread too thin I think. My water sat empty twice and our entrees came out a bit before our sides. Food was good. If you're looking for a place to have a cocktail or generally like high energy dining this is the place for you. If you're looking for a quiet & relaxing experience avoid Fri/Sat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUSINESS DINNERAgamerDined on 8/5/2014Every time I take a customer to dinner there, it is a high point.Special Features:
- Terrific ExperienceShimdogDined on 8/2/2014We followed a recommendation to dine at Lonesome Dove, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The menu was innovative, the food was perfectly prepared, and the service was spot on. It is not an inexpensive place to dine, but for special occassions this one is a perfect choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.