Lonesome Dove Western Bistro
2406 N. Main
Fort Worth, TX 76164Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Stockyards
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Lonesome Dove Western Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lonesomedovebistro.com/
- Phone: (817) 740-8810
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Love
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Full Service on and off-site catering offered.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining for groups of up to 400 people.
- Private Party Contact: Julia Tighe 8177408810
- Entertainment: Background Texas music at the restaurant nightly.
A word from Lonesome Dove Western Bistro
For over 10 years, Chef Tim Love’s Lonesome Dove Western Bistro has been among Fort Worth’s top restaurant destinations. Love’s signature urban western cuisine is on display nightly in Lonesome Dove’s open kitchen, with a constantly changing selection of steaks, seafood and wild game. Inventive dishes like Wild Board Ribs, Rabbit Rattlesnake Sausage, Elk and Foie Gras Sliders, Kangaroo Nachos, and Love’s custom-made Tomahawk Chop (a 28-oz bone-in Wagyu ribeye) are sure to please guests looking for a truly unique and memorable dining experience. Located in Fort Worth’s Historic Stockyard District, the Lonesome Dove is a new Fort Worth dining institution.Continued
Lonesome Dove is urban western chic with beautiful art and a very comfortable and lively atmosphere.
Lonesome Dove is urban western chic with beautiful art and a very comfortable and lively atmosphere.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lonesome Dove Western Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)fit for foodies (90)notable wine list (59)romantic (57)neighborhood gem (44)hot spot (36)good for groups (34)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (13)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014Great location, good music, anf good service. The food was good, but not what you'd expect for the price. The only paet of the meal that measured up to the price was the steak. The sides were so-so and not serves hot, and the first course was tiny.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerLizSVIPDined on 11/14/2014Wonderful meal and service. Waiter made food and wine suggestions that enhanced our experience. Top notch dining experience again. Thanks Tim Love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food typesPeterDined on 11/13/2014Great selection of meats prepared exceptionally well with great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch-Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014The dining experience was quaint and perfect for a romantic dinner or a group meeting for a business dinner. The high quality and craftsmanship of the chefs selection is delicious and compliments the palette quite well. The garlic infused tenderloin entree was amazing and so tender. Definately worth going back to dine with them again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!danelewisDined on 11/10/2014I have never been disappointed at The Lonesome Dove Western Bistro, and Monday was no different. Everyone in the party loved what they ordered, and the service was great as usual. I think it is the best restaurant in North Texas and anyone who hasn't tried it is really missing out on something special.Special Features:
- favorite placeCosmoGirlDined on 11/8/2014Lonesome Dove is my absolute favorite - I have a gluten allergy and I actually are able to eat most of the food on the menu there. Service is GREAT and the food is the best in Fort Worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kathyhDined on 11/8/2014Excellent service and food. We were celebrating a special birthday and Lonesome Dove certainly made it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantVidaliaSweetieDined on 11/5/2014We loved the unique menu items and found everything to be tasty--including the spicy margaritas!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysChris47Dined on 11/1/2014Like always. The staff was excellent as was the food. This visit we brought along another couple who loved everything. Our waitress was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Texas Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014Food was an interesting mix of Southwestern/Texas items with a gourmet twist. When you visit Ft. Worth, be sure to make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak, Best Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/20147 of us in our party, all ordered different entree's, we all practically licked our plates. Service was perfect also. I'm still thinking about my steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food again!BigDDined on 10/30/2014While their standards they keep on the menu are good, I would like to see more variety of some possible javelina/peckory dishes and other Texas-based wildlife. That being said, the food, drinks, and service were all great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Nothing to text home about. Lamb stew posole was missing the lamb. Halibut in paper marginal, over salted with soggy vegetables. Limited selection if you did not want pork somehow infused in the meal. Skirt steak recommended but poor choice, salty. We went for our 30th anniversary and we were not offered a anniversary desert. Came home smelling like lamb chops.
- Great foodLindaDined on 10/25/2014This was our first time to eat here. Friends had recommended it. We were in the wine cellar where it was quiet and romantic. The food was awesome in every way! Definitely a 5 star restaurant and Fort Worth is fortunate that Tim Love has several restaurants here.Special Features:
- AppetizersTXfoodDined on 10/24/2014Would not recommend the fois gras as it was over cooked. Elk sliders were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good! But expensiveJamesCDined on 10/24/2014We were slightly early for our reservation, and seated immediately. The server was attentive and informative. He suggested mix / matching some appetizers to share, and we did- we tried the sausage, and the lobster hushpuppies. Then had the butter leaf salad. I had the Berkshire pork, and my friend had the Sirloin medallions. Each came with vegetables selected by the chef- so, with the appetizers and salads, we had no need for any extra sides. Both were very good. Portions were large enough that we didn't try dessert... Overall, good- a neat place to go, with good service. I had been there once before with a group of clients, and I felt like that was a more appropriate use. It just doesn't really click for me at the couple level.Special Features:
- JenniferJGckDined on 10/21/2014Business dinner couldn't have been better, Chris was an excellent server, food was amazing, Elsa Malbec topped off the meal.Special Features:
- Excellent food; quality serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014We found the supper experience enjoyable and not 'stuffy' but elegant. The menu was creative and offered delicacies not normally found at other restaurants. I had the Elk which was superb! I will gladly recommend Lonesome Dove to my friends and colleagues without reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable western fine-dining!Chicago63Dined on 10/18/2014Outstanding food and service on all my six previous visits! On this visit, I had a late dinner for two scheduled for my 2nd anniversary. Our arrival was delayed a bit due to highway construction, so on this busy Saturday night we were seated in the "Wine Cellar." Room very nice, but took away from the whole experience and would recommend only for larger parties who want seclusion. I feel my date missed out on the ambiance that I have enjoyed in the past on this her first visit. Service was slightly delayed with waiter having to run up and down from the main restaurant and thus food not quite as hot as expected, but still excellent quality. I'm sure larger parties are assigned extra staff to compensate & waiter did the best he could.Special Features:
- Worth the WaiteatemupcatsDined on 10/18/2014I have been wanting to eat here for a while but plans always fell through. The food and service was definitely worth the wait.Special Features:
- Never again!Stephshea11Dined on 10/18/2014Service was poor at best. "Energetic" is not the descriptor I would have chosen to describe the noise level. Frankly, the low light, loud music, and incompetent staff all contributed to a $400+ LUNCH for 4 adults and 1 child. NOTE: The appetizers (first course) are charged per piece!! We spent more on "first course" than the actual meal & drinks combined. I would NEVER recommend this establishment to a friend, probably not even an enemy.
- Best posole ever!BiosafetybabeVIPDined on 10/17/2014Highly recommend the lamb posole--very "lamby" without tasting like mutton. Spice level was just right. We also had the elk sliders as an appetizer and they were also cooked perfectly--not over cooked like sliders can be. Great for lunch--they offer 1/2 portions of several entrees so you don't have to overeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening outpickyeatersDined on 10/13/2014Great menu selections and presentations made for a wonderful meal with great service. We have our favorites like the corn salad and game entrees. However, one entree was not cooked evenly and espresso is not available...a serious oversight for our group. Management offered to re-cook the entree, but that would have left us all waiting, so we declined. Lonesome Dove remains a Fort Worth favorite.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, loved the bar!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014My sister and her husband was visiting, she and I have a long history of sharing entree's - it's a "family thing" (the men ordered their own entree's of course). We both ordered appetizers & sides but wanted to share the tenderloin and wouldn't have objected to a split charge, no problem. Our waiter seemed miffed as did the server who brought the steak. I asked the waiter to take a photo at our table and he seemed quite put out with my request. His attitude from the moment we asked for the split was just so unnecessary. It also took far too long to get our food without an explanation for the wait. When our food finally arrived my tenderloin was way overcooked but we didn't send it back because of the slow service - we were starved!Special Features:
- best steak everyemvc2002Dined on 10/10/2014have dined here on multiple occasions. always a pleasant establishment to dine at. best steak ever around the dfw areaSpecial Features:
- Jumped the shark?OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/8/2014I've enjoyed LD for both lunch and dinner for years. Went for dinner on a weeknight recently and was stunned by the mediocrity of the whole affair. Kangaroo nachos, nothing to write home about and served on a little dinner plate. Sealed dressing tasted bottled (surely not) Signature ginger cocktail was a watery affair that taisted nothing of ginger. Halibut entrea was tasteless and the veggies that came with it were raw. Duck was ok. Bread pudding desert -meh. What a shame
- Western & Classylandry2003Dined on 9/19/2014Servers were excellent, friendly and hard working! Food was wonderful! Will be a repeat customer and recommend to friends. Could have made a wonderful meal on the appetizers alone! They were that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently terrific!MosesDined on 9/18/2014We always enjoy the atmosphere, service and most importantly...the food at Lonesome Dove!Special Features:
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014We have lived all over the world and eaten in some of the world's best and most renowned restaurants. Chef Love can go head to head with any of them in creativity and taste! Would recommend it to anyone. Service was outstanding! We will be back. And if you want a fun lunch go to Chef's Love Shack in the old Stockyards!Special Features:
- JbellairsMelbatoastDined on 9/10/2014We had eaten there a few years ago and were disappointed that the menu had not changed much, and the food is very medicore now.
- One of a kindWRR218Dined on 9/10/2014We found Lonesome Dove to be a bit of an odd duck. Everything was good, but it's priced so high and so remote for us (from Dallas) that it won't be a place we go back to. It might be fun to take some out of town guests who want to play cowboy for a night in the stockyard area. The old building and decorations are very impressive to that end. We liked the Paloma and hamachi tostadas we tried the best. The lobster hush puppies were not bad either if you're ok with fried food. The elk and quail entrees were both good, but the best that either of us have had elsewhere. The waiter pushed the boar ribs, but I thought they were too fatty and burnt to eat. They will let you pick and choose a combination of the appetizers tapas style.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC STEAK!!!TedRen1029Dined on 9/5/2014We traveled to Fort Worth to visit friends and made it a point to dine at Lonesome Dove based on a review featuring the Top 30 Steakhouses in the U.S. Having dined at Alexander's Steakhouse (SF) a few times, I wondered "just how good could this be?". To my pleasant surprise, the signature filet mignon EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS. Plating & presentation aside, the filet was really incredible.... The next time I am in Fort Worth, rest assured that I know where we will dine, at least once.Special Features:
- Superb service. Food disappointing.fabfoodseekerDined on 8/30/2014I was extremely satisfied on previous visits, but tonight was simply not up to par for such an upscale eatery. The service was wonderful, and we were treated like royalty. There were four in my party, all looking forward to a real treat. The appetizers were all unique and exceptional. The Roasted Garlic Stuffed Beef Tenderloin, was cooked to my liking & very tasty. It was on a bed of Western Plaid Hash, which didn't seem any different than crispy potato straws. The asparagus was perfectly grilled al dente. My friends were very happy with the Seared Foie Gras, Cinco Cebollos, but their main course - Halibut En Papillote - was way over cooked, dry and inedible! Overall, the experience was very good.Special Features:
- Great place to visit...LuvSumDoveDined on 8/30/2014Making reservations was a breeze. Once I got there they took care of us making my date and I feel welecome. The waiter explained the menu in such a way that made it fun and interesting. The entrees were exceptionally well prepared. Visually and the ambience of the place went hand-in-hand with what you would hope to see from an upscale place such as Lonesome Dove. But with the service and type of food we got from there... I don't think those doves will be too lonesome for long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBTechDined on 8/23/2014The stuffed Garlic Tenderloin was delectable! I do feel that there was someone hiding in the back laughing at everyone who paid $12 for the kangaroo nachos and received two small chips with about a 2 gm piece of meat on it. They were tasty, but appetizers are not a good value for the money.Special Features:
- Our Poor ServerNoNicknameDined on 8/22/2014Well, I must say...our server was one tough dude. My Dad was in town visiting and decided to pick apart each word our server spoke when ingredients were discussed. He's reading a new book written by a CIA grad, so it was sort of..."On"...if you will. To the extent other tables might have received slower service, I think, but our server never got flustered. He provided great recommendations and showed a very in-depth knowledge of the menu. He also responded very well to 'contructive criticizm'...as it were. Fantastic food - will be back for sure. Each dish was very well thought out with various complimentary textures, flavors, and temps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingFoodieNFabulousDined on 8/22/2014It seems Chef Tim Love has moved on in his endeavors and left Lonesome Dove behind. The level of service and quality of food is way off par with the $30-$40 price tag on beef entrees. We chose the evening's special of skirt steak with fingerling potatoes - the steak was cooked well but was flavorless and the "fingerling potatoes" were nothing more than diced potatoes that were fried and drenched in oil. There were pools of oil on the plate. Even my usual butter leaf lettuce salad with smoked bacon lardons was disappointing. Nothing at all like the fabulous salad I had enjoyed over the last decade. The "chocolate bread pudding" was a gooey mess. My water was not refilled till empty. Strictly a place for tourists now? We sadly won't return.
- SurprisedaandsDined on 8/22/2014We were surprised when we were seated and received the menu. We had booked through the DFW Restaurant Week website but when we asked for the Restaurant Week menu we were informed that Lonesome Dove only participates the first week (this was the second week). It was of course a disappointment and an aggravation that the Restaurant Week website lets you make reservations when the restaurant is not participating. Of course, I should have paid more attention when making the reservations so consider this a warning when you book through the DFW Restaurant Week website. Now with that said, the evening was still delightful, the regular menu was excellent, the food was great and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yumfr0gDined on 8/16/2014Tasty modern twists on game and seafood ingredients. We tried a handful of appetizers as well as several different entrees. Almost everything ordered we would order again, esp. the garlic stuff tenderloin. Dessert was definitely the weakest part but that's how it is for many places. Try it!Special Features:
- Great experienceEmo81Dined on 8/16/2014This is my second visit to lonesome dove and the service and food were as good as the first time. I love that you can get amazing food without having to wear a suit. The atmosphere is typical of Ft. Worth: friendly, inviting, yet classy at the same time. I recommend the lobster hush puppies for an appetizer and tenderloin medallions for entree. My Texas Jewel cocktail was a refreshing grapefruit treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.