Lone Wolf Restaurant and Lounge
12222 New York Ranch Rd
Jackson, CA 95642Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Lone Wolf Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jacksoncasino.com/
- Phone: 2092239653
- Hours of Operation:
Lounge opens daily at 4:00 pm Dinner: W, Th, Su 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm Dinner: F-Sa 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mathew Broucaret
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Come host your party in our private dining room. We can host up to 16 people, and feature multimedia, and amazing views of the foothills.
- Private Party Contact: Kurt 2092239659
A word from Lone Wolf Restaurant and Lounge
The Lone Wolf Restaurant and Lounge, "A Casual Steakhouse With a Flavor For All!" Located within the Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort, Lone Wolf features a full bar, amazing menu, and extensive wine list. Whether you want to dine on the patio with a view of rolling Amador Foothills, or cozy up to the bar and enjoy our signature cocktails, Lone Wolf has something for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lone Wolf Restaurant and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Lone Wolf Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (13)scenic view (13)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (11)fit for foodies (10)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Good food, friends, & vinoWildfire55Dined on 9/17/2014We have dined here with larger groups and have been seated in the private room which is really nice, service has been excellent, waiters know their menus in detail. Food is excellent coupled with no corkage fee and 20% discount to locals you can count on us to continue to come back for many special gatherings.Special Features:
- Very nice dinnertnpgjpDined on 9/14/2014We were staying at the RV park and had dinner here with friends to celebrate my husband's birthday. Service and food were excellent. We ordered New York steak, scampi, filet Mignion. We had oysters and salad for appetizers. All was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review lone wolf diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was good, not happy with long waiting time between dishes. Did not understand wait as restaurant not all that crowded. Wanted to bring favorite wine in but corkage fee of $20 per bottle too steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dine4sixDined on 9/12/2014The Lone Wolf is above average dining experience. Great food ,great service, great ambiance. Wonderful al fresco dining on the patio, overlooking the foothills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Lone WolfFrannieAnnieDined on 9/4/2014If you ever find yourself dining at the Lone Wolf, ask for Shirley. She's a joy and a wonderful server. The food is great. I seem to always enjoy their fish special. This time it was opa...very good. We took the boss and his wife out to dinner, and they enjoyed themselves and loved the food. It's a treat to have such a wonderful restaurant near home. Will come go back again and again.Special Features:
- Our Favorite RestaurantLynnDined on 9/4/2014This was our 2nd time dining at The Lone Wolf. The first time, we were going to another nice restaurant that doesn't have reservations and the wait time was so long that we left. We decided to try The Lone Wolf and they were able to seat us in 15 minutes. The food, service, ambiance were SO good that my husband requested dinner there for his birthday, which is why we made this reservation. I LOVE scallops and unless you are in San Francisco, you better not order them or they are ruined. But, I wanted them and placed my order, fingers crossed, secretly praying "Please be good!" Well, they weren't just "good" they were the BEST I've ever eaten! Tom's filet was perfect also! The chefs at Lone Wolf are AMAZING! Try it, you'll LOVE it!Special Features:
- BandyHillDined on 9/4/2014Quiet and peaceful atmosphere in a smoke-free environment. James was an excellant server and paid close attention to us. We will be back and recommend it to all our friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We had a wonderful dinner with a very nice server. You even prepared a dessert for my wife's Birthday. We would love to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphere.Fred4foodDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I very much enjoyed this restaurant. An excellent selection of food, and very comfortable, and attractive setting. Great wine selection, but moderate beer selection that could use some improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday SurpriseDanielandDixieDined on 8/28/2014This was a great experience from beginning to the very end. I booked our reservation online, this was a very special birthday and a great surprise. I got everything I asked for without speaking with anybody, this was all done online. Once we arrived, we were seated immediately. We sat on the Veranda and what a beautiful experience that was!! We were the only couple for most of our dinner, that was nice. The food was AMAZING!!! and our service was that of a 5 star, we never were empty. Would I come back? Defiantly. Would I tell my friends? Defiantly Thank you to all the Lone Wolf Staff for making this birthday surprise extra, extra specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it.AlienAmericanDined on 8/16/2014Having dined here once before, I expected much better. The service was mediocre, the food less so. My wife didn't understand why i did not send my dry, tough steak back or why i paid for it. Eat before you come to this casino. There is a KFC in Lockeford.
- Pleasant experience once upstairslanebDined on 8/8/2014Once you walk through the casino and get upstairs the atmosphere improves dramatically. The cigarette smoke and machine bells and whistles disappear. The restaurant is airy and noise level is low to moderate, the outside deck features scenic wooded hillsides. The food ranges from divine to mundane. MY PIZZA WAS FANTASTIC, but my Shrimp Louie featured small broken thawed shrimp. Service is attentive.Special Features:
- DisappointedeatersmanifestoDined on 8/2/2014Server made it a point to tell us she had the whole patio and back wall before even welcoming us or taking an order. Can't fault her hustle, but table side manner was poor for this price point. Made it through a very bad shimp cocktail and a very average soup and salad before waiting over an hour for entrees and asking for the check. Told manager we were extremely disappointed; he said he was sorry, he had "staffing" issues that night. Bad excuse and bad experience. Went downstairs and had fish taco's from the fast food joint. Too bad....nice facilities and a great bar with a nice little wine list full of local Amador goodies. Bar and host service are the only thing that bumped this rating to 2 stars.
- Excellent Customer ServiceSillywallinaDined on 8/2/2014This isn't the first time we have eaten at Lone Wolf, which is lucky for them. Our previous dinner was delicious and unfortunately this one was not. However, they demonstrated EXCELLENT customer service by caring about our opinion and going overboard to make us happy/satisfied with our experience. It seems the restaurant was having a bad night, but they are definitely worth giving second chances to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Good"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Overall experience was "GOOD". Have hade better meals here. Maybe it was just an Off-Night. Service was also a bit off. Waiter seemed either new or distracted. We will give it one more shot before giving it 2 or fewer stars. Everybody deserves a second chance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good and badKPdinerDined on 8/1/2014First time there, had 5:15 reservation and was quickly seated. The restaurant was lightly crowded at that time, we were seated at the closest table to a west facing glass door which was very hot and had to have the shades be closed. The wait person came and greeted us and asked if we were going to the concert at 7 and we replied "yes". She said she would get us out in time. The restaurant seemed lightly staffed for the fact it was the first of the month and many patrons were attending the concert. This pushed our time to the limit as our wait person was VERY busy. 75 minutes to eat and then have to walk to the extreme far end of the casino for the concert. Need for correct staffing and would be nice to have both venues closer together.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014need to find a way to stop the smoke from coming into the restaurant the old location was much nicer and more of an up scale mood and place
- Friday night date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We enjoy the dinner specials of the Friday night date night. U heard the choices change every week. It is a 3 course dinner for $50 a couple. Great dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CanAmDined on 7/17/2014Food & Service was Superb! This was our second time dining there and both experiences were notable so thank you very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantmoriahthedogDined on 7/16/2014We went to Lone Wolf to have a special night out. We took advantage of their promotion of Local's Night. As a result, we received a nice discount on our meal as well as no corkage on the 18 year old bottle of wine we brought from our cellar. We ordered two Beef Filets and salads and everything was exactly as we ordered it, very nicely displayed and very flavorful. The dessert, a chocolate mousse, was also very good. We enjoyed how quiet the restaurant is and it's very tastefully decorated. We especially enjoy the booths that line the space. We were seated so that we could see the fire, the kitchen and the dining room. There is outside seating for those that want it but we preferred eating inside on this particular evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014We both had Ceasar salad. Expected it to be made at table for the $10 price. VERY bland dressing. Not very flavorful. Would not recommend it. However the short rib pot roast was good though.
- We will be backJeanetteDined on 7/9/2014Hi We had reservations for 2 couples celebrating their anniversary and I had mentioned it in a e-mail while booking the reservations. To my surprise we were presented with a platter of beautiful desert that had writing along the edge of the platter (in chocolate) saying Happy Anniversary. That was such a surprise and nice touch. It's not that we don't appreciate it but I think it would be nice to be able to pick your own desert. One lady has allergies and couldn't eat any of the deserts. Two other's just wanted Mud Pie. Only one slice was presented. If I might make a suggestion why don't you suggest the customer pick their desert and do complimentary that way.Special Features:
- Local's Nightslocal2supportDined on 6/25/2014Excellent food and great discount for locals on Wednesdays and Thursdays. A local Amador gem!Special Features:
- Great Dining!Lala510Dined on 6/21/2014Lone Wolf had a very diverse menu from gourmet burgers to fine dining choices. Service was excellent and a great wine list. Even though the menu is very upscale dress code was casual which worked well with the casino. Highly recommend trying out this dining experience for culinary delight.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodTheEagerEatersDined on 6/18/2014We recently dined at the Lone Wolf for the 4th time and it was a wonderful dining experience as usual. The service provided by Shirley was top notch and the menu always seems to have something different each time. A bonus is that the appetizers are nicely portioned allowing a foursome to enjoy one without someone not getting much, (Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is a great choice). All in all, it's great for a couple or a party of 12...we will be back.Special Features:
- chicken not too goodout4nightminuskdsDined on 6/1/2014Yep. No other flavor in the chicken except too sweet. Also 2 thighs for $17.00. Not a good deal. I like thighs and these were tender but the meat had no other flavor or spices. The did let me substitute the noodles for a side of Bacon green beans which were perfectly crispy and full of bacon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceDebLuceroDined on 5/30/2014My husband and I were staying at the RV park. We decided to go out for dinner and chose the Lone Wolf. The food was wonderful and the service was outstanding. The waiter could not have been nicer or more helpful in assisting us in out dining choices.Special Features:
- DisappointedJeanetteDined on 5/29/2014Six locals had dinner there and we were disappointed. 3 ordered hamburgers which they said were dry and tasteless. I ordered fish tacos and crab and shrimp salad which I loved. Another lady has many allergies and it's difficult for her to go out. She ordered the spinach salad which she said looked good. It was such a small amount I'm sure she went home and had something else to eat. Another ordered the special pizza which he said was very good. 4 ordered mud pie, I ordered crème brulee which I loved.
- The following 151 reviews are from the Lone Wolf Restaurant and Lounge reviews archive.
- Great meal , Great timeRicklinDined on 5/16/2014This restaurant has excellent service and great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad FoodGlenDined on 5/11/2014This was to be a special occasion, our 37th wedding anniversary. My sea Bass came out RAW, still frozen in the middle! My wife's Duck was raw in the middle also. Waiter was very nice about switching Bass for Duck and quickly served meal. We took remaining Duck home and cooked it properly. We were given local discount which helped a little but meal was over-priced. We are left with a very bad impression as to food. Having dined at many four star restaurants over the years we were greatly disappointed in Lone Wolf.Special Features:
- Our FavoritegrammaDined on 5/10/2014We LOVE the new Lone Wolf Restaurant. Food is excellent, service has always been attentive and good. The lounge really needs to upgrade their beers. Bud, seriously. Need to stock a Hef on tap and some Honey Jack please. This is a great neighborhood gem for us. We are from Manteca and finding a really good place to eat not surrounded by kids and has really good food for a really GOOD price makes this our favorite restaurant. Consistent all the way around. Relaxing and not loud or filled with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very classy placejcpennyDined on 5/9/2014A nice, quiet, romantic restaurant for a special occasion. We have only eaten dinner there but im sure the brunch would be wonderful also. We cant hardly wait to go again.Special Features:
- Magnificent!reviewDined on 4/26/2014The service was top-notch. All the staff was friendly and prompt. The atmosphere was so comfortable! And the food! Wow! Portions were plentiful, beautifully presented and so delicious. Since there were 4 in our party and we all ordered a different meal, we shared some so I got to taste all 4 menu items, and each was superb. We also had 4 different desserts - and tasted all 4. Wonderful! We found the prices very reasonable, too. Overall, a most pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- A Cook's ChoicecookieDined on 4/23/2014What great food - the filet mignon melted in my mouth, the spinach was delicious and a healthy food choice. Took an order of gumbo home - wow!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodrevwrDined on 4/18/2014Had a great time loved the ambience and sunset time view. open kitchen is so cool- Loved what i ateSpecial Features:
- great food but mix-up with orderkit4324Dined on 4/16/2014The restaurant's ambience is great. The wait staff are attentive and friendly. Unfortunately, the kitchen mixed up my order and I was served the potato and vegetables while my steak was being cooked. By the time it was ready I was full and my husband had finished his dinner. We just took the steak home. It is still a nice place but make sure your server repeats your order back to you. They did give us a dessert to make up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodSteveGDined on 4/12/2014Our group of 5 had a good cross section of meat and seafood. Each commented on the excellent preparation, presentation and taste. I had the filet, which was excellent, though rather small for $38.00. In general, the menu has gotten more expensive recently. But you can always expect very good food from an ever changing and improving menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food reasonably pricedJulchef1Dined on 4/10/2014The chef at lone wolf creates nice, clean flavor combinations using local ingredients. Everything is prepared excellently and not over the top with fru fru that takes away or overpowers the fresh ingredients. Ribs are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was great. We hadJeanetteDined on 4/9/2014Our server was great. We had one lady with us that has many allergies and she was accomodated very wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy RestaurantQueenbeeDined on 4/5/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and wanted to dine at the Rancheria. We chose the Lone Wolf and were very pleased with the great ambience, fine food and the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.