Lone Wolf Restaurant and Lounge
12222 New York Ranch Rd
Jackson, CA 95642Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Lone Wolf Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jacksoncasino.com/
- Phone: (209) 223-9653
- Hours of Operation:
Lounge opens W,T,F,Sa,Su at 4:00 pm
Dinner: W, Th, Su 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mathew Broucaret
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Come host your party in our private dining room. We can host up to 16 people, and feature multimedia, and amazing views of the foothills.
- Private Party Contact: Kurt 2092239659x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment in the Lounge every Friday and Saturday nights, from 6pm until 9pm.
A word from Lone Wolf Restaurant and Lounge
The Lone Wolf Restaurant and Lounge, "A Casual Steakhouse With a Flavor For All!" Located within the Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort, Lone Wolf features a full bar, amazing menu, and extensive wine list. Whether you want to dine on the patio with a view of rolling Amador Foothills, or cozy up to the bar and enjoy our signature cocktails, Lone Wolf has something for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lone Wolf Restaurant and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Lone Wolf Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (19)scenic view (19)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Service. Good food. But smoky.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Food very good, prices reasonable, comfortable tables, and our server was excellent. Unfortunately, guests have to walk through a smoky casino to get to the restaurant, and guests can smell the smoke in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy to live next toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014There are not very many good restaurants in our small town. This one I have always enjoyed and happy to live close to. They treated my husband's birthday as special. When we have brought visitors there there is always something on the menu for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2014Four of us dined all the meat dishes were excellent tender no knife needed pasta dish was disappointing heavy and stuck togetherSpecial Features:
- RoyroylDined on 11/6/2014We enjoyed the "locals" night very much. There were three of us and all had the "special" sea bass. All thought the sauce with orzo was overwhelming the fish. One had the oysters and said they were great. The room is lovely and the servers very attentive. We chose the tables as the booths are very uncomfortable. The experience was a good one.Special Features:
- Outstanding service & menu1happymouthDined on 10/31/2014Lone Wolf has a simple but delicious menu. Nice wine list and beautiful atmosphere. Well done!Special Features:
- So enjoyableAnnieb96Dined on 10/30/2014We were impressed with the attentiveness and enthusiasm of the servers. Salads were well worth the price. Dinner was top quality. Our server, Shirley, was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Billy is GreatLaurieDined on 10/30/2014Good food excellent service. The food in the whole casino has improved to very good.Special Features:
- toogoodtobetrueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed the food, atmosphere and the beautiful scenery of the hills. This is the second time dining there and we will return.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it!guitarmanDined on 10/22/2014What a surprise to get out of the elevator and see such a lovely restaurant. Food and service were outstanding as well as the view. Very relaxed atmosphere. Our server paced our dinner perfectly and was very informed as to the menu. We never felt rushed or hurried. We will definitely go back. Nice wine list.Special Features:
- klcmVIPDined on 10/1/2014extensive menu, great food, great service and great value!Special Features:
- We loved it!Jperdudo123Dined on 9/25/2014We loved it! We had a great time there. We came a few years ago when it was at the hotel, and they have improved tremendously! Their service is amazing, the food was remarkable, and the view is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lone Wolf RestaurantpattiebDined on 9/23/2014Great value for food and wine. The food was to die for!Special Features:
- Regular visitorFriscoDined on 9/23/2014We make a point of dining at Lone Wolf restaurant when we stay at the Jackson Rancheria RV park (5 stars). The ambiance and service are great. The menu is well thought out and the food well executed, full bar.Special Features:
- SURPRISINGLY EXCELLENT!!OzPhanDined on 9/23/2014Gem of a restaurant located upstairs at Jackson Rancheria Casino. I'd heard that this Rancheria did not serve alcohol, but can assure you that the Lone Wolf serves wine, beer, and mixed cocktails. We were a party of 4 and all of us enjoyed our food, which was prepared perfectly as ordered. The menu is wonderfully-varied enough to fit any budget -- two of us had burgers & salads, and two of us had steaks. They also offer pizza, seared scallops, and many great-sounding appetizers, sandwiches, entrees, and desserts. The food service was friendly, prompt and responsive to requests. We were there for a before-concert dinner and were not disappointed. On the contrary, we were all so impressed that we dubbed this place a "food destination".Special Features:
- Good food, friends, & vinoWildfire55Dined on 9/17/2014We have dined here with larger groups and have been seated in the private room which is really nice, service has been excellent, waiters know their menus in detail. Food is excellent coupled with no corkage fee and 20% discount to locals you can count on us to continue to come back for many special gatherings.Special Features:
- Very nice dinnertnpgjpDined on 9/14/2014We were staying at the RV park and had dinner here with friends to celebrate my husband's birthday. Service and food were excellent. We ordered New York steak, scampi, filet Mignion. We had oysters and salad for appetizers. All was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review lone wolf diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was good, not happy with long waiting time between dishes. Did not understand wait as restaurant not all that crowded. Wanted to bring favorite wine in but corkage fee of $20 per bottle too steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dine4sixDined on 9/12/2014The Lone Wolf is above average dining experience. Great food ,great service, great ambiance. Wonderful al fresco dining on the patio, overlooking the foothills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Lone WolfFrannieAnnieDined on 9/4/2014If you ever find yourself dining at the Lone Wolf, ask for Shirley. She's a joy and a wonderful server. The food is great. I seem to always enjoy their fish special. This time it was opa...very good. We took the boss and his wife out to dinner, and they enjoyed themselves and loved the food. It's a treat to have such a wonderful restaurant near home. Will come go back again and again.Special Features:
- Our Favorite RestaurantLynnDined on 9/4/2014This was our 2nd time dining at The Lone Wolf. The first time, we were going to another nice restaurant that doesn't have reservations and the wait time was so long that we left. We decided to try The Lone Wolf and they were able to seat us in 15 minutes. The food, service, ambiance were SO good that my husband requested dinner there for his birthday, which is why we made this reservation. I LOVE scallops and unless you are in San Francisco, you better not order them or they are ruined. But, I wanted them and placed my order, fingers crossed, secretly praying "Please be good!" Well, they weren't just "good" they were the BEST I've ever eaten! Tom's filet was perfect also! The chefs at Lone Wolf are AMAZING! Try it, you'll LOVE it!Special Features:
- BandyHillDined on 9/4/2014Quiet and peaceful atmosphere in a smoke-free environment. James was an excellant server and paid close attention to us. We will be back and recommend it to all our friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We had a wonderful dinner with a very nice server. You even prepared a dessert for my wife's Birthday. We would love to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphere.Fred4foodDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I very much enjoyed this restaurant. An excellent selection of food, and very comfortable, and attractive setting. Great wine selection, but moderate beer selection that could use some improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday SurpriseDanielandDixieDined on 8/28/2014This was a great experience from beginning to the very end. I booked our reservation online, this was a very special birthday and a great surprise. I got everything I asked for without speaking with anybody, this was all done online. Once we arrived, we were seated immediately. We sat on the Veranda and what a beautiful experience that was!! We were the only couple for most of our dinner, that was nice. The food was AMAZING!!! and our service was that of a 5 star, we never were empty. Would I come back? Defiantly. Would I tell my friends? Defiantly Thank you to all the Lone Wolf Staff for making this birthday surprise extra, extra specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it.AlienAmericanDined on 8/16/2014Having dined here once before, I expected much better. The service was mediocre, the food less so. My wife didn't understand why i did not send my dry, tough steak back or why i paid for it. Eat before you come to this casino. There is a KFC in Lockeford.
- Pleasant experience once upstairslanebDined on 8/8/2014Once you walk through the casino and get upstairs the atmosphere improves dramatically. The cigarette smoke and machine bells and whistles disappear. The restaurant is airy and noise level is low to moderate, the outside deck features scenic wooded hillsides. The food ranges from divine to mundane. MY PIZZA WAS FANTASTIC, but my Shrimp Louie featured small broken thawed shrimp. Service is attentive.Special Features:
- DisappointedeatersmanifestoDined on 8/2/2014Server made it a point to tell us she had the whole patio and back wall before even welcoming us or taking an order. Can't fault her hustle, but table side manner was poor for this price point. Made it through a very bad shimp cocktail and a very average soup and salad before waiting over an hour for entrees and asking for the check. Told manager we were extremely disappointed; he said he was sorry, he had "staffing" issues that night. Bad excuse and bad experience. Went downstairs and had fish taco's from the fast food joint. Too bad....nice facilities and a great bar with a nice little wine list full of local Amador goodies. Bar and host service are the only thing that bumped this rating to 2 stars.
- Excellent Customer ServiceSillywallinaDined on 8/2/2014This isn't the first time we have eaten at Lone Wolf, which is lucky for them. Our previous dinner was delicious and unfortunately this one was not. However, they demonstrated EXCELLENT customer service by caring about our opinion and going overboard to make us happy/satisfied with our experience. It seems the restaurant was having a bad night, but they are definitely worth giving second chances to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Good"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Overall experience was "GOOD". Have hade better meals here. Maybe it was just an Off-Night. Service was also a bit off. Waiter seemed either new or distracted. We will give it one more shot before giving it 2 or fewer stars. Everybody deserves a second chance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good and badKPdinerDined on 8/1/2014First time there, had 5:15 reservation and was quickly seated. The restaurant was lightly crowded at that time, we were seated at the closest table to a west facing glass door which was very hot and had to have the shades be closed. The wait person came and greeted us and asked if we were going to the concert at 7 and we replied "yes". She said she would get us out in time. The restaurant seemed lightly staffed for the fact it was the first of the month and many patrons were attending the concert. This pushed our time to the limit as our wait person was VERY busy. 75 minutes to eat and then have to walk to the extreme far end of the casino for the concert. Need for correct staffing and would be nice to have both venues closer together.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014need to find a way to stop the smoke from coming into the restaurant the old location was much nicer and more of an up scale mood and place
- The following 162 reviews are from the Lone Wolf Restaurant and Lounge reviews archive.
- Friday night date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We enjoy the dinner specials of the Friday night date night. U heard the choices change every week. It is a 3 course dinner for $50 a couple. Great dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CanAmDined on 7/17/2014Food & Service was Superb! This was our second time dining there and both experiences were notable so thank you very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantmoriahthedogDined on 7/16/2014We went to Lone Wolf to have a special night out. We took advantage of their promotion of Local's Night. As a result, we received a nice discount on our meal as well as no corkage on the 18 year old bottle of wine we brought from our cellar. We ordered two Beef Filets and salads and everything was exactly as we ordered it, very nicely displayed and very flavorful. The dessert, a chocolate mousse, was also very good. We enjoyed how quiet the restaurant is and it's very tastefully decorated. We especially enjoy the booths that line the space. We were seated so that we could see the fire, the kitchen and the dining room. There is outside seating for those that want it but we preferred eating inside on this particular evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014We both had Ceasar salad. Expected it to be made at table for the $10 price. VERY bland dressing. Not very flavorful. Would not recommend it. However the short rib pot roast was good though.
- We will be backJeanetteDined on 7/9/2014Hi We had reservations for 2 couples celebrating their anniversary and I had mentioned it in a e-mail while booking the reservations. To my surprise we were presented with a platter of beautiful desert that had writing along the edge of the platter (in chocolate) saying Happy Anniversary. That was such a surprise and nice touch. It's not that we don't appreciate it but I think it would be nice to be able to pick your own desert. One lady has allergies and couldn't eat any of the deserts. Two other's just wanted Mud Pie. Only one slice was presented. If I might make a suggestion why don't you suggest the customer pick their desert and do complimentary that way.Special Features:
- Local's Nightslocal2supportDined on 6/25/2014Excellent food and great discount for locals on Wednesdays and Thursdays. A local Amador gem!Special Features:
- Great Dining!Lala510Dined on 6/21/2014Lone Wolf had a very diverse menu from gourmet burgers to fine dining choices. Service was excellent and a great wine list. Even though the menu is very upscale dress code was casual which worked well with the casino. Highly recommend trying out this dining experience for culinary delight.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodTheEagerEatersDined on 6/18/2014We recently dined at the Lone Wolf for the 4th time and it was a wonderful dining experience as usual. The service provided by Shirley was top notch and the menu always seems to have something different each time. A bonus is that the appetizers are nicely portioned allowing a foursome to enjoy one without someone not getting much, (Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is a great choice). All in all, it's great for a couple or a party of 12...we will be back.Special Features:
- chicken not too goodout4nightminuskdsDined on 6/1/2014Yep. No other flavor in the chicken except too sweet. Also 2 thighs for $17.00. Not a good deal. I like thighs and these were tender but the meat had no other flavor or spices. The did let me substitute the noodles for a side of Bacon green beans which were perfectly crispy and full of bacon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.