63-88 Woodhaven Blvd
Rego Park, NY 11374Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.londonlennies.com/
- Phone: 7188948084
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:45am-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Saturday 1:00PM-4:00PM (for Private Parties) 4:00pm-11:00pm (for Traditional Dinner), Sunday 2:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeff Baruch
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We would be delighted to host your private party.
We have limited time available on the weekends to accommodate large party reservations. Please call for availability.
- Private Party Contact: Marcelle Lashley 7188948084
- Special Events: Whether it’s a business meeting, a holiday party, or a rites of passage celebration, your event demands the right ingredients: a special attention to detail in an elegant environment and of course, spectacular food. At London Lennie’s we understand what it takes. Whether it occurs once a month, once a year or once in a lifetime, London Lennie’s is the perfect place to host your special event. We Plan…You Party…It’s that Simple!
- Cross Street: 63rd Drive
- Public Transit: Subway use the M or R train to Woodhaven Blvd. then transfer to the Q11 bus and get off at Penelope Ave. (approx. 3/4 mile) or M or R train to 63rd Drive station and transfer to the Q38 bus get off at Woodhaven Blvd.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary Valet Service
A word from London Lennies
Owned and operated by the Barnes Family since 1959, London Lennie’s has evolved from a quintessential fish-n’-chips shop to the premier seafood restaurant in Queens. London Lennie’s is notorious for the best in fresh, local seafood selected daily at the world-famous Fulton Fish Market. This leading seafood restaurant hosts the area’s finest raw bar and was honored with the 2007 & 2008 Wine Enthusiast Award of Distinction and the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence from 2007 through 2012.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
London Lennies - Best Restaurants in Forest Hills ›
London Lennies reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (108)special occasion (78)good for groups (60)fit for foodies (59)great for lunch (47)romantic (32)vibrant bar scene (25)kid-friendly (23)notable wine list (23)great for brunch (17)late-night find (12)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Birthday dining for my MenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014My husband's AND my father's birthday occurred this month Sept.9th for my hubby and Sept 14 for my father(He just turned 90years of age). I picked London Lennie's to celebrate their birthdays together! It was the 1st time in over 30years that my dad has eaten in a restaurant! After dining there, my dad hasn't stopped expressing how happy he was with the food, the service, and just the warmth of everyone there,staff and patrons! He(my dad) is blind and he felt very comfortable there!My husband and I LOVE the place!A really nice experience every time we dine there!!!Special Features:
- Great fresh well prepared seafood.DondiDined on 9/14/2014The seafood is fresh and prepared to perfection, however the restaurant is busy and if your seated on an aisle, It's not very relaxing. The service was top shelf and our server was well informed, friendly and helpful. Going to try weekday lunch, which should be less energetic. The prices are excellent for the quality of the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticGreatDatePlaceDined on 9/14/2014Consistent, excellent, fresh, original, tasteful, abundant without being over abundant, attention to detail...Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Good food, overworked serversnickDined on 9/14/2014The food was good and the restaurant looked very nice, but the servers all seemed to be running around and over worked. The service was very good when our server was able to come by, but that was far between. A meal that should have been an hour turned into 2 hours and 45 minutes.Special Features:
- OutstandingLove2LiveDined on 9/14/2014The seafood was fresh and fabulous! We flew in from Arizona to eat lunch there and returned the same day. So worth the trip as it brought back memories for my husband of the Chesapeake Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special experiencelive2eatDined on 9/9/2014Normally we would go to City Island for a special occasion but we tried different and wasn't disappointed. London Lennies was a fabulous dining experience. Every dish that was brought out to us was special and delicious. My wife who isn't the easiest critic ate without disappointment. I told friends, family and planning my return visit for my daughters 21st birthday. This is a must dine.Special Features:
- Great seafood!LindaBVIPDined on 9/3/2014London Lennies consistently presents the freshest seafood in innovative ways at reasonable prices. The seafood is also available at the retail counter, if you want the best fresh seafood to prepare yourself at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining outKeepcomingbackDined on 9/3/2014I have been eating at London Lennies for over 25 years. I've always found the seafood very fresh and the sauces are superb. It's an added treat to make reservations ( when I first started there you needed at least 8). The prices are getting a bit high, but I still enjoy the meal.Special Features:
- Always a great dinnerJS68VIPDined on 8/31/2014If you enjoy a seafood meal,or if all in your party do not. The food and service will never disappoint you.Special Features:
- Seafood, For the whole family......KennyQuagDined on 8/30/2014Never a disappointment. Always good service. One of my favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lennie dinnerfisheaterDined on 8/30/2014Main dishes: grilled salmon salad -very good Broiled halibut - little tough, did not come with potato or rice; what were they thinking ? Prices: very high, more than some Manhattan restaurants Will return when they resume the neighborhood restaurant persona
- msirishlesherDined on 8/29/2014Great food, great place for dinner,great place to catch up with old friends..Great service was great..prices reasonable..Love going to London Lennys for romantic dinnersSpecial Features:
- disappointedgreatdinnerDined on 8/25/2014Have been going to London Lennie's for years and this is the first time we had poor service (waitress with an attitude) and the food was skimpy. Will have to think hard about returning soon. This experience left a sour taste.Special Features:
- First disappointmentEdwardJDined on 8/24/2014I have to say this is the first time we did not have a great meal My wife ordered the crab cakes. The person next to also had them and there were shells in the cakes My wife tried hers and a shell in each of the first two bites She swapped out for a lobster roll but I had to start my meal while she waited. Not one "sorry" from the staff When I ordered my martini extra dirty it came regular and I needed to ask for extra olive brine Again no apology but the server said she saw the bartender add juice We normally have only great meals at London lennies and we will go back, but this meal was not greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in QueenspmnyVIPDined on 8/23/2014A solid seafood restaurant in Queens. Food and service is tops, been coming here for years and it always maintains a high level of food quality and service.Special Features:
- Fish a little dryBigsusanDined on 8/23/2014My halibut dish was vey good. My mother-in-law and husband got the broiled seafish platter. They both said the filet of sole was dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- London LenniesstaceDined on 8/21/2014I was on an expense account and entertaining executive clients - so i was looking for something nice but not over the top - perfect choice. very good food and service - Great valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I live in Staten Island, but if I lived closer I probably would go to your place more often. We go to your rest. about 2 times a year. It is a great centralized spot for me and my old friends from Long Island to meet & have dinner twice a year. Keep up the great work folks, London lennys is one of my favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JunieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014London Lennies is truly a neighborhood gem.The word is out,judging by the constant arrival of patrons.I ordered Maryland Crabcakes and my friend requested the 18 0z Sirloin Steak which were so delicious.The cole slaw was so fresh and delicious and try the Rice pudding! There is also an excellent wine list.Special Features:
- Freshest fishGloriaDined on 8/15/2014The best fish in NY. The service is excellent. You will have to make a reservation. This place is very busy.Special Features:
- As Usual Awesome!LoriDined on 8/15/2014Always great. Service from host to waitress to bus boy perfect! Outstanding! The freshest fish around.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantMarieVIPDined on 8/10/2014This is my go too seafood neighborhood restaurant that I go to from work.Special Features:
- fantastic placemoono924Dined on 8/5/2014for those who get to London Lennies try to get Eddie for your waiter very professional and goes out of his way to satisfy you and your guests.Special Features:
- Always Reliable and GoodNybritDined on 8/1/2014A good choice of fish, always served with bread, and slaw. Prices have gone up to where a dinner of swordfish is $31. But that's not too bad, I guess. The side of vegetables is a weak spot. Medley of broccoli carrots and zucchini is tame, when there are so many other fresh vegetables available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- London Lennies ReviewShawnequiaDined on 7/31/2014Was seated promptly upon arrival. For an appetizer, I ordered the shrimp and crab dumplings. The dumplings were falling apart and not as flavorful as I thought they would be. My entree were the crab cakes which again, I thought should have been fried a little harder and lacking more flavor. They weren't overly breaded which was a plus, however, had shells in them which stopped me from enjoying both patties. I ordered the Strawberry shortcake for dessert which was both visually stunning and appetizing. My companion ordered the calamari as appetizer which she said could have been fried harder as well. For her entree she ordered the Lobster roll which she enjoyed. For dessert she had the Chocolate Molten cake which was just OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Seafood GemAnneKDined on 7/31/2014Great raw bar, variety of appetizers and huge selection of fresh fish, lobster and crab in any size and style preparation. Only downside...everything is a la carte and expensive. They do, however, have a less expensive pre-fixe option. Great for date nights and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great! A Gem!LoriDined on 7/30/2014London Lennies has the best seafood around. Always prepared perfectly. Very competent staff. Always perfect!Special Features:
- As always, great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014Recommended for anyone who loves good food and a friendly and efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NY style classic fish houseTalkcinemanDined on 7/26/2014Overall a genre of NY restaurant --family run fish house-- that you don't see any more. Comfortable room, friendly, attentive service, bustling neighborhood attraction. Great raw bar to start--good selection of east coast oysters, couple west coasters too. Best entrees are simple broiled fish in preference to the more ambitious attempts. Beer might work better than the wine selection in moderate price range. Chocolate cake for two or more was a hit with the kids off the old school dessert menu ( strawberry shortcake, bread pudding, NY cheesecake etc). Keep it simple for a fun fish dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT DININGstatecomDined on 7/26/2014This is the place if your a clam and mussel lover.The cherrystone clams and oysters are better then any place i know of.The black mussels and linguine with white clam sauce is to die for.and to top it off the special bread pudding with ice cream desert, recommanded by the waitress, was fantastic.I ve moved 100 miles away since i first started comming to london lennies but the trip back is well worth it.I do not know how over the years london lennies continues to keep up its quality but it does.My waitess was professional and pleasent and all her recomandations were right on.As Arnold says i'll bE BACCCCCKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the seafoodhappybellyvssVIPDined on 7/25/2014They have an extensive seafood menu -- it's very impressive but important to note that they also have non-seafood items like steak and pasta. Either way, they're all about the seafood and it's fresh and tasty. Nice portions and reasonably priced. Also want to plug that their desserts are fantastic and a nice surprise. Service can be spotty. The first time I was there, my waitress kept forgetting to bring things although very friendly. My second time there, the waitress that served us was just as friendly but provided really great spot-on service.Special Features:
- Dependable seafood restaurant2sweetfoodieDined on 7/24/2014London Lennies has always been our place to go to celebrate any special occasion. We make it a tradition to celebrate birthday lunches there and have enjoyed many meals over the years. The food is always superb, especially the fresh coleslaw (my husband is not a big fan of coleslaw but he always makes an exception here). The bread, which comes before the meal, is baked fresh, arrives warm. We love the calamari and Shrimp and Crab Dumplings appetizers. The seafood variety has always been fresh and we are never disappointed. They have always maintained the food quality over the years and is on our list of top 5 go to restaurants. We have always found the waiters and waitresses attentive and courteous.Special Features:
- Finally made it to Lenny'sAmuyDined on 7/23/2014It had been on my list for a while. I was not disappointed except that their website list a Dix price menu and it doesn't have time restrictions. When I asked, they said it ends at 6p,. It Was 6:10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual!ConsistentVIPDined on 7/22/2014Always the freshest seafood and expertly prepared. Snow crabs are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly GreatSuperdinerDined on 7/20/2014As always food was outstanding and service was impeccable. I had the Crab meat Bisque and the fish tacos, both tasty and fresh. My wife had the Monk Fish in a bag, tender and flavorful. For desert the strawberry shortcake was huge and creamy. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealGoodVIPDined on 7/19/2014This place is a Jem great seafood try it and you will be back.Special Features:
- Best Seafood in AreaLyndaEDined on 7/19/2014Went there recently and had my favorite of soft shells crabs, which is extremely seasonal. Cooked perfectly to order. I have had this dish many times at many different restaurants and this is one of the best I ever had. I have eaten at this restaurant many times, very energetic, always had good service and good food no matter what I have eaten. Their swordfish melts in your mouth. Whenever there is a holiday, it does get backed up and the service is less accomodating but I expect that from any popular restaurant. Seafood is always fresh. My favorite Queens restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Queens mustdineandwineDined on 7/18/2014Had a biz lunch here and a good time was had by all. I personally don't eat seafood, but the client picked Lenny's. The food was really good, but of course I would like a bigger non-fish selection. The service was fabulous and our server was super knowledgable. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in its area...JoeyPapDined on 7/17/2014of Queens. Excellent seafood. Reliable. Done right. Always. Consistent. My favorite in this part of Queens. Cannot go wrongSpecial Features:
- Consistency!JanthekDined on 7/12/2014Over many years as a neighborhood restaurant, London Lennie's has remained consistent. Their fish is extremely fresh, with many choices, their service friendly, and although the room is large, it's not too noisy. My family will keep coming back!Special Features: