2301 Fairmount Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19130Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.londongrill.com/
- Phone: (215) 978-4545
- Hours of Operation:
All day Lunch- Dinner menu: Tuesday- Friday: 11:00am-10:00pm; Saturday Brunch: 10:00am- 2:30pm Dinner: 5:30pm-10:00pm; Sunday Brunch 10:00am-2:30pm Dinner 4:30pm-9pm Cafe Sunday-Thursday until 11:00pm; Friday & Saturday until midnight. Monday Dinner 5:30pm-10:00pm Cafe 4:00pm-11:00pm. Closed Monday Lunch.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael McNally
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether it be a group art museum tour, a celebratory brunch, an intimate dinner, or a holiday party, London Grill offers the ideal spaces for private gatherings. A place you’ll feel right at home outside of the center city grind, London Grill will cater to all of your special events needs.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Kelly 2159784545
- Entertainment: Live local musicians at Bar featuring Blues, Funk, Jazz, Pop Rock, and Acoustic Rock. No cover, no minimum
- Special Events: If you are making a reservation for the Terror Behind the Walls Package Tour. Please specify in reservations note so that the restaurant can contact you regarding details. Dates are as follows - September 18th-19th, 25th-26th October 2nd - 4th, 9th-11th, 14th-18th, 20th-25th, and the 27th - 31st. November 1st, and 6th-7th.
A word from London Grill
London Grill is located in the historic Fairmount section of Philadelphia, close to the Philadelphia Art Museum and easily accessible from the Schuylkill Expressway with abundant parking available. This award winning restaurant boasts a Victorian bar and several intimate dining rooms and 2 banquet rooms. Serving New American cuisine, balancing comfort specialties like the London Burger and Fish and Chips with innovative dishes like the duck breast with beet risotto, several grilled fish and meat dishes and housemade pastas. There's a kid's menu also. Great for lunch, brunch, dinner, happy hour, late night, outdoor dining and groups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
London Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (14)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (10)special occasion (9)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Potential but that is allrickmDined on 11/22/2014We had a table for 13 last Saturday night. While the restaurant is nice and in a nice area, the waiter was rude and gruff and hardly attentive. He never asked about appetizers or salads, would reach across us to serve/clear placesettings and seemed not to care about anything. Some of the food was good including the steaks and pasta dish; one of the specials though was a risotto dish that was a small pile of bland risotto and few pieces of overcooked duck on it. It was enough food to be served as a small side dish not to a grown man - we had to find a pub afterwards to get food for those that ordered that dish. There are many nice restaurants in Philly - this one didn't qualify in my book.
- SteveVIPDined on 11/19/2014Great happy hour. The service was great and the small hhr plates were extremely good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveVIPDined on 11/13/2014The happy hour was great. The drinks were well priced and the good was smalls plates,but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Foodwarwick8raeDined on 11/7/2014The food was outstanding, but a little pricey. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal.JeffTrexlerVIPDined on 10/31/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much on Halloween night. Our server was more than accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre FoodGFGirlVIPDined on 10/24/2014We had a fun time here, good drink menu and good service, and the food was alright. I have always wanted to stop here but rarely find myself in this neighborhood, happy I finally checked it out. Can't say I would go again as the food was just fair, and the menu was dated.
- Not impressed at allbulldog15VIPDined on 10/19/2014Stopped here before dropping friends off at the train station. The food was not impressive even remotely. Burnt, tasteless, unappealing frankly. It was Sunday brunch, but even the workers seemed less than interested. The only thing enjoyed was the bloody mary bar. Decent beer selection as well.
- Great until,,,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Was really enjoying our diner until your hostess sat a group of center city gang bangers at the table next to us. Really appreciated their conversation laced with "F" bombs and graphic street language. Was enough for us to walk out and think twice before we return again. We were seated in your side room and I did notice that your hostess seemed to place any one that was loud or questionable in this area - thanks for a great evening... I think I'll pick another restaurant for any future visits to Fremont section and I certainly won't recommend your establishment to any of my friends. Will post my concerns on all my social media contacts. Thanks for a great evening.... NotSpecial Features:
- SephineDined on 10/11/2014Great Food- menu includes basic staples with some added twists like Tuna Tartare, Potatos Gatto - nice selection of wines & awesome specialty driniks - staff was great and extremely attentive. Atmosphere was energetic but comfortable- you were able to have a conversation without screaming at each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, as usualJuliaVIPDined on 10/10/2014We come here from time to time and it never disappoints. Good food and good service!Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceNYfoodloverDined on 10/8/2014Came i right before the dining room closed the other night. Good was great I had the steak and my friend had a burger we both loved it. The server was amazing, it was obvious stat she was passionate about the business and really knows her patrons. Definitely will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Fall MenuDinerVIPDined on 10/8/2014Visited on a cool fall evening. The restaurant is decorated for fall and Halloween signaling a fun atmosphere. The voluminous beer menu is for beer explorers and lovers alike. New wines on the list are interesting and wines not seen elsewhere. Truly enjoyed the small plates (yay Brussels Sprouts) and the duck. Worth visiting for repeatedly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More selections PleasekingfoodDined on 10/2/2014All aspects were perfect, but the menu for dinner needs to have specials of the day not for price but variety reasons. A few more novelties would make the London ideal. To be fair, the duck entry and appetizer were superb, as was the tuna tartar appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SharonDined on 9/25/2014Superb Rosh Hashanah menu plus warm and thoughtful service on an extremely busy evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect post-marathon brunch spotOystaLuvvaDined on 9/21/2014Good location near the Museum for tasty and reasonably priced breakfast after the Philly Rock'n'Roll 1/2 Marathon. Eggs Florentine were yummy. Coffee cups were small and coffee a little weak, but service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the burgMoreTHANfoodieDined on 9/7/2014The apps were not too exciting but we were really impressed with the amazing burger, large wine selection, and devilish mac and cheese. Note: go for the burger, be picky about apps and bring bug spray!Special Features:
- Best duck in townhappydinerDined on 9/6/2014The menu is small but everything we ate was splendid. If you see duck in any form get it. We've gotten 3 different items in duck and shared it with the table and it was always the highlight of the meal. If it's a nice night out and you don't mind sitting in a bit of a small area it's a nice option. It was raining the second time we went so we had to eat inside and that was lovely as well. Great food, nice staff, and a place I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- FantasticDRTNDined on 9/6/2014Really great for brunch. Food was terrific and we had some house made savory scones- yum! One recommendation is to carry skim milk and soy milk for coffee, not only whole milk. Just takes a little run to Whole foods around the cornor:-)Special Features:
- Nice PlacemarkanddanielDined on 8/23/2014Food was creative and outstanding! Quiet neighborhood place it seemed. Love the beer selection and the Peach Tart with homemade ice cream was outstanding!Special Features:
- WonderfulEricam54Dined on 8/16/2014Our waiter was outstanding. He was knowledgable about both the wine and food menus. He was also funny and very nice. The food came out quickly and was absolutely delicious. I have already recommended London to several friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad, againcarolngeorgeVIPDined on 8/14/2014Each time we go, we enjoy London. This time, happy hour with the "mini" dishes and a drink were perfect. Our server was JT (or JC?), and was of good humor and gave us exactly what we wanted.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood placeHates2cookDined on 8/10/2014Four for brunch. All the food was quite good, if not exceptional, prices very reasonable. Nice looking bar and several different rooms in which to dine. Ours was papered with a Monet Waterlilies-type wall covering. Service was outstanding and well-informed, yet the atmosphere remained relaxed. A particular hit was the make-your-own Bloody Mary table. We will return!Special Features:
- AwesomeJulesVIPDined on 8/5/2014Everything about this place is just awesome. It's like THE best restaurant in the neighborhood. You feel like you're at a friend's house hanging out with amazing food! It makes me want to go back like 3 days in a row! LOL.Special Features:
- The following 549 reviews are from the London Grill reviews archive.
- EhHunterDined on 7/23/2014It was a small, tight / "cozy", place. No AC and very warm but had some fans. Limited menu but very friendly wait staff. However, our waiter did drop a plate of food he took to box up for us and never had a new order made to replace the food that was lost. He also didn't compensate part of our bill for the mistake either.
- Never DisappointedDavidDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I have eaten many times at the London Grill. We have never been disappointed with the food, the service, or the attention to detail. It is always a joy to return.Special Features:
- centercitygalVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was a pleasant place. Interesting menu, food of uneven quality, more like gastropub food. Good for neighborhood.Special Features:
- Small dishesWheelerwonDined on 7/5/2014The spring duck rolls and crab fritters are really good. The Kale Kamichi is good ...beware of the spice !!👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- centercitygalVIPDined on 7/4/2014This has become more like a gastro-pub, with tasty small plates and entrees. Good neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Selection to suit all tastesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/28/2014Our group of 4 all enjoyed different entrees. Each was happy with his/her selection. The waiter was very accommodating and pleasant. We sat outside and the weather was perfect!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantTonyVIPDined on 6/25/2014Enjoyable dinner, great attentive service from Pete. When you visit, try the Duck Rolls! Seating outside too.
- Sloppy service, mediocre foodBrosDined on 6/15/2014Specifically enquired about what i could eat that was dairy free as i have a breastfeeding son who is allergic. Waiter asked chef and so i ordered hurvos rancheros without sour cream, but it came out with a big glop of sour cream on the top, which the waiter didnt bother to check. It was also a really bland sad huevos rancheros, tasted like a can of beans was opened and poured over 1 tortilla and one egg. Really? Not even two eggs and two tortillas like everywhere else serving this dish. An uninspired place.Special Features:
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014Picked this on line and didn't know what to expect. My guest and I had a wonderful time and are planning a return trip. Our server was JT. He helped to make it the pleasant experience that it was. Live Jazz music started at 9PM. I don't know how often the music is there but will certainly check now that we know.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceDieselDadsVIPDined on 6/13/2014What a great evening we had here due to the staff. For a pleasant night out and a rewarding experience go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would Not Come BackOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Food quality was poor - no seasoning whatsoever in any of the dishes. Way over priced for what it is - unimpressive, unimaginative, dated dishes with little to no taste. Wine list is not what you would expect from a any restaurant let alone a "wine bar" - Would never come back.
- neighborhood gemnjcatalanoDined on 5/25/2014Delish, eclectic and fun! Perfect little spot with great service and great food!Special Features:
- Eating for You...curveVIPDined on 5/17/2014Fried calamari appetizer was good. Lightly breaded and tender, with tasty house made sweet and sour dipping sauce. Comes with pretty red and green fried cherry peppers (these are good, but very sour. I prefer fried banana peppers). Beat salad with ricotta salata and green goddess dressing was delicious! Grilled octopus tentacles were charred and inedible. Sent them back. Waiter whisked them away promptly and professionally, asking if I wanted a replacement or substitution. Nope. Fried tail fish for my Sevgil was good. He said removing the layer of fried skin revealed tasty moist white flesh. Trio of iced cream was for dessert. Salted caramel had perfect balance of sweet and salty. Chocolate pistachio and vanilla were okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for thoughtFood4thoughtVIPDined on 5/17/2014Waiter was attentive,charming and fun.He was fully aware of his menu.Being a vegetarian was not a struggle.Beet and watermelon salad was fantastic!!!Everything from beginning to end was superb including the house made icecream and sangria!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date BrunchHardcorefoodieDined on 5/17/2014My brunch at the London Grille was sufficient- I was not overwhelmed by the food, and was a bit underwhelmed by the Blood Mary Bar...although it is a novel idea. The most notable aspect to the experience was the staff- they were accommodating, pleasant, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing eveningEFTFDined on 5/16/2014The variety of food and beverages were fantastic. A place we will visit more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awful experienceally123Dined on 5/11/2014I had excitedly made reservations for Mother's Day brunch, thinking it would be the perfect place for my family to go to celebrate my mom on her day. TOTALLY WRONG. Even though we made reservations, we had to wait over a half hour to be sat. We waited at the bar where we weren't able to get a drink for over 20 minutes because there was only 1 bartender. We were only sat after my dad went back up to the hostess stand to ask how much longer until they were ready for us. We were then thrown into a back corner at a table with no place settings, clearly they didn't care to reserve anything for us. Waitress took forever to give us our check. Food was cold. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. I was horrified for my mom's sake. Never again.