2301 Fairmount Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19130Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.londongrill.com/
- Phone: 2159784545
- Hours of Operation:
All day Lunch- Dinner menu: Tuesday- Friday: 11:00am-10:00pm; Saturday Brunch: 10:00am- 2:30pm Dinner: 5:30pm-10:00pm; Sunday Brunch 10:00am-2:30pm Dinner 4:30pm-9pm Cafe Sunday-Thursday until 11:00pm; Friday & Saturday until midnight. Monday Dinner 5:30pm-10:00pm Cafe 4:00pm-11:00pm. Closed Monday Lunch.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael McNally
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether it be a group art museum tour, a celebratory brunch, an intimate dinner, or a holiday party, London Grill offers the ideal spaces for private gatherings. A place you’ll feel right at home outside of the center city grind, London Grill will cater to all of your special events needs.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Kelly 2159784545
- Entertainment: Live local musicians at Bar featuring Blues, Funk, Jazz, Pop Rock, and Acoustic Rock. No cover, no minimum
- Special Events: If you are making a reservation for the Terror Behind the Walls Package Tour. Please specify in reservations note so that the restaurant can contact you regarding details. Dates are as follows - September 18th-19th, 25th-26th October 2nd - 4th, 9th-11th, 14th-18th, 20th-25th, and the 27th - 31st. November 1st, and 6th-7th.
A word from London Grill
London Grill is located in the historic Fairmount section of Philadelphia, close to the Philadelphia Art Museum and easily accessible from the Schuylkill Expressway with abundant parking available. This award winning restaurant boasts a Victorian bar and several intimate dining rooms and 2 banquet rooms. Serving New American cuisine, balancing comfort specialties like the London Burger and Fish and Chips with innovative dishes like the duck breast with beet risotto, several grilled fish and meat dishes and housemade pastas. There's a kid's menu also. Great for lunch, brunch, dinner, happy hour, late night, outdoor dining and groups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
London Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)great for outdoor dining (20)fit for foodies (15)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (10)good for groups (9)romantic (9)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Nice PlacemarkanddanielDined on 8/23/2014Food was creative and outstanding! Quiet neighborhood place it seemed. Love the beer selection and the Peach Tart with homemade ice cream was outstanding!Special Features:
- WonderfulEricam54Dined on 8/16/2014Our waiter was outstanding. He was knowledgable about both the wine and food menus. He was also funny and very nice. The food came out quickly and was absolutely delicious. I have already recommended London to several friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad, againcarolngeorgeVIPDined on 8/14/2014Each time we go, we enjoy London. This time, happy hour with the "mini" dishes and a drink were perfect. Our server was JT (or JC?), and was of good humor and gave us exactly what we wanted.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood placeHates2cookDined on 8/10/2014Four for brunch. All the food was quite good, if not exceptional, prices very reasonable. Nice looking bar and several different rooms in which to dine. Ours was papered with a Monet Waterlilies-type wall covering. Service was outstanding and well-informed, yet the atmosphere remained relaxed. A particular hit was the make-your-own Bloody Mary table. We will return!Special Features:
- AwesomeJulesVIPDined on 8/5/2014Everything about this place is just awesome. It's like THE best restaurant in the neighborhood. You feel like you're at a friend's house hanging out with amazing food! It makes me want to go back like 3 days in a row! LOL.Special Features:
- EhHunterDined on 7/23/2014It was a small, tight / "cozy", place. No AC and very warm but had some fans. Limited menu but very friendly wait staff. However, our waiter did drop a plate of food he took to box up for us and never had a new order made to replace the food that was lost. He also didn't compensate part of our bill for the mistake either.
- Never DisappointedDavidDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I have eaten many times at the London Grill. We have never been disappointed with the food, the service, or the attention to detail. It is always a joy to return.Special Features:
- centercitygalVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was a pleasant place. Interesting menu, food of uneven quality, more like gastropub food. Good for neighborhood.Special Features:
- Small dishesWheelerwonDined on 7/5/2014The spring duck rolls and crab fritters are really good. The Kale Kamichi is good ...beware of the spice !!👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- centercitygalVIPDined on 7/4/2014This has become more like a gastro-pub, with tasty small plates and entrees. Good neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Selection to suit all tastesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/28/2014Our group of 4 all enjoyed different entrees. Each was happy with his/her selection. The waiter was very accommodating and pleasant. We sat outside and the weather was perfect!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantTonyVIPDined on 6/25/2014Enjoyable dinner, great attentive service from Pete. When you visit, try the Duck Rolls! Seating outside too.
- Sloppy service, mediocre foodBrosDined on 6/15/2014Specifically enquired about what i could eat that was dairy free as i have a breastfeeding son who is allergic. Waiter asked chef and so i ordered hurvos rancheros without sour cream, but it came out with a big glop of sour cream on the top, which the waiter didnt bother to check. It was also a really bland sad huevos rancheros, tasted like a can of beans was opened and poured over 1 tortilla and one egg. Really? Not even two eggs and two tortillas like everywhere else serving this dish. An uninspired place.Special Features:
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014Picked this on line and didn't know what to expect. My guest and I had a wonderful time and are planning a return trip. Our server was JT. He helped to make it the pleasant experience that it was. Live Jazz music started at 9PM. I don't know how often the music is there but will certainly check now that we know.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceDieselDadsVIPDined on 6/13/2014What a great evening we had here due to the staff. For a pleasant night out and a rewarding experience go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would Not Come BackOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Food quality was poor - no seasoning whatsoever in any of the dishes. Way over priced for what it is - unimpressive, unimaginative, dated dishes with little to no taste. Wine list is not what you would expect from a any restaurant let alone a "wine bar" - Would never come back.
- neighborhood gemnjcatalanoDined on 5/25/2014Delish, eclectic and fun! Perfect little spot with great service and great food!Special Features:
- Eating for You...curveVIPDined on 5/17/2014Fried calamari appetizer was good. Lightly breaded and tender, with tasty house made sweet and sour dipping sauce. Comes with pretty red and green fried cherry peppers (these are good, but very sour. I prefer fried banana peppers). Beat salad with ricotta salata and green goddess dressing was delicious! Grilled octopus tentacles were charred and inedible. Sent them back. Waiter whisked them away promptly and professionally, asking if I wanted a replacement or substitution. Nope. Fried tail fish for my Sevgil was good. He said removing the layer of fried skin revealed tasty moist white flesh. Trio of iced cream was for dessert. Salted caramel had perfect balance of sweet and salty. Chocolate pistachio and vanilla were okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for thoughtFood4thoughtVIPDined on 5/17/2014Waiter was attentive,charming and fun.He was fully aware of his menu.Being a vegetarian was not a struggle.Beet and watermelon salad was fantastic!!!Everything from beginning to end was superb including the house made icecream and sangria!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date BrunchHardcorefoodieDined on 5/17/2014My brunch at the London Grille was sufficient- I was not overwhelmed by the food, and was a bit underwhelmed by the Blood Mary Bar...although it is a novel idea. The most notable aspect to the experience was the staff- they were accommodating, pleasant, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing eveningEFTFDined on 5/16/2014The variety of food and beverages were fantastic. A place we will visit more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awful experienceally123Dined on 5/11/2014I had excitedly made reservations for Mother's Day brunch, thinking it would be the perfect place for my family to go to celebrate my mom on her day. TOTALLY WRONG. Even though we made reservations, we had to wait over a half hour to be sat. We waited at the bar where we weren't able to get a drink for over 20 minutes because there was only 1 bartender. We were only sat after my dad went back up to the hostess stand to ask how much longer until they were ready for us. We were then thrown into a back corner at a table with no place settings, clearly they didn't care to reserve anything for us. Waitress took forever to give us our check. Food was cold. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. I was horrified for my mom's sake. Never again.
- Mother's DayMomDDined on 5/11/2014Our family of four decided to enjoy a Mother's Day Brunch at London Grill. Their were so many restaurants to choose from, but LG was chosen for it's location, price, variety and kids menu. I have not been to LG in years, but MD may have been the best day to go back. The food was not horrible, just ok. The table was not supplied with proper utensils, orders were forgotten and the french toast was dry and room temperature. What I go back, yes I would. I would like to experience LG on a day that's not so full.Special Features:
- Terrible Mother Day Brunch Again!!TerribleDined on 5/11/2014We had a 10am reservation, the first of the day, party of 8. Just completed the 5K Breast Cancer Walk. 5 of us ordered Steak & Eggs. Poached eggs & potatoes were ice cold! Kale salad was dry. Ice cream brownie, tasted as if it had sat in the freezer for a week. Waitress didn't seem to care! No response or apology from management. Steak was delicious. This was my 2nd Mothers Day Brunch here. 2 years ago we had the last reservation of the day. It was Buffet and everything was either picked over or gone! Poor quality. We are not picky eaters and cost is not an issue, but we do expect Hot Fresh Food. They have last minute Mothers Day Reservations for a reason, the good places are all booked. Too bad, their location is great!!!
- AverageDerrickDDined on 5/10/2014The food was not terrible but it was far from being good. It was bland, oily (seriously every dish), and below average for what I understood had a notable chef. Stick the good wine and excellent beer list but go elsewhere for food.Special Features:
- HIDDENTirednessVIPDined on 5/9/2014While visiting Philly, we decided to have dinner at a pub-always great food. Looked on line and London Grill had very good reviews. We made reservations and were not surprised. The food is great. Their house salad is wonderful. It has a variety of fresh vegetables and the dressing is light and flavorful. We were told the meat is organic and comes from Lancaster. You can definitely tell. If you live in Philly or visiting, try it.
- The following 528 reviews are from the London Grill reviews archive.
- Love London GrillMills324Dined on 4/26/2014London Grill is my go-to when I have guests. The menu is interesting and the food is always delicious. The bar has a great beer and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modest FarewishitweremoreVIPDined on 4/25/2014the restaurant is bare bones, which would be fine if the menu was not. Menu was limited and preparation was mediocre.Special Features:
- Passover sederpatentableDined on 4/14/2014Nothing I hate more than a mandatory 20% gratuity on a tab for two people when the server spilled wine on me. That said, they did have a nice selection of haggadahs, and the brisket was excellent.Special Features:
- Great choices! Reasonable pricesNewZagats2VIPDined on 4/11/2014Great veggie choices and the pizza was good and the salads and the service! On weekends there is live music on the one side...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2014The London has been around for years and just keeps getting better. Nice atmosphere, good food and not so noisy that you can't hear your own table conversation, like so many city restaurants. Love the round table for six, so we can all talk together! Thanks for a lovely Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Another great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2014This is one of those places where you never have a bad experience. Sit in the Paris room for a change in scenery. The food and service is always good, and you'll leave fully satisfied.Special Features:
- First time in a whileOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014Nice atmosphere. We were there with another couple. Our server was a bit challenged in that the menu had been changed just a few days before. As it was different from what was on-line, we were surprised how meat-centric the menu was. . The vegetable tapas were promised to be a chef's creation of various vegetable sides. What came out was a wooden plank with mounds of all the day's sides. Nothing special, and certainly not creative. The rest of the food, rabbit and salmon was good. Server did a good job working with one of our party who could not have any dairy ingredients, although it took a lot of back-and-forth to the kitchen. A pleasant but not exceptional meal. Good if you are in the neighborhood, but not worth a special trip.Special Features:
- We like London Grill everycarolngeorgeVIPDined on 3/27/2014We like London Grill every time! The food is fine, fettucine and chicken both well-prepared, and the back room, glassed-in for a city view, and with a good heater at our feet, was wonderfully quiet. The bread last night was just fair (can't say what kind!), and we'd wish they didn't dole it out 1 slice at a time, but my diet profitted by that.Special Features:
- It was "Meh"Keelia111Dined on 3/23/2014This was my first experience at London...we went for brunch so I may not be giving them a fair assessment. I was dissappointed with the brunch menu and the 2 items that we did order were average.Special Features:
- Once again a great experiencefood4thoughtDined on 3/17/2014Have been coming to London for years and they never disappoint. Can always count on a great burger and bar food, as well as special meal in the dining room. Best duck breast & foie gras around!Special Features:
- great and fun… live music!1NewZagatsGuideVIPDined on 3/8/2014it was a great time! salmon and two different salads and killer chocolate dessertSpecial Features:
- a good meal at a fair priceCrustyCurmudgeonVIPDined on 3/8/2014Maybe we started off poorly, as the bill for 2 drinks was higher than the prices on the list. So we asked. They charge more for a "rocks pour" because it's an extra ounce (!?!?) - but mine was neat (& it doesn't say that anywhere). The entree came on top of our appetizers, so the staff stood there with our plates while I shoveled the rest of the vegetable tapas into my mouth. Not fun. Still, the food was very good - grilled veggies were fine, mussels were good and different (in IPA), grilled cauliflower steak & duck dogs were very good, as was my wife's chili. We had a fine Sicilian red for $38 and left well fed if not totally satisfied.I would recommend this to a friend.
- London & Paris under one rooffood4thoughtDined on 3/1/2014Enjoyed a great dinner at London Grill on a busy night. Service was excellent - great recommendations on seared duck breast and dessert. As we were leaving, we heard music coming from next door, so we headed down the steps behind the host stand to see what was going on. What a lovely surprise to see (and hear) a beautiful singer serenading a crowd in the Paris side of the restaurant. The space is intimate, dark, and sexy. We stayed for a glass of wine (local PA wine...on tap! surprisingly quaffable). Will definitely be back to London, and Paris.Special Features:
- Nothing good to say...EstroVIPDined on 2/23/2014Bad food. very average deserts. good bar options but very slow service. i must say the waiter was very nice, but he was by himself on a large area, which made service very slow, not to his fault. and the food... why did i do this mistake again? don't fall for the 1000 points in open table with this place. the food doesn't worth it at all!Special Features: