Lomonte's Italian Restaurant & Bar
14510 Grisby Road
Houston, TX 77079Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Lomonte's Italian Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lomontes.com/
- Phone: 281-496-0030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jose Paz Cruz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a covered patio that holds up to 50 people. It is heated in the winter months. Our restaurant is available for private parties as well. We will be happy to plan your party. We also are available for Sunday parties, as we are closed to the public.
- Private Party Contact: Barbie, Ben or John 281-496-0030
- Entertainment: The Bar at Lomonte's features live music Thursday - Saturday. Please check our website for music listings.
A word from Lomonte's Italian Restaurant & Bar
Barbie Lomonte left her St. Louis home over 30 years ago bringing with her a passion for traditional Italian fare, something Houston sorely needed. Barbie opened Pasta Lomonte's in 1986 and the intimate atmosphere continues to provide one of the most romantic settings in town. Barbie's friendliness and hospitality are reminiscent of a family kitchen, where everyone is a friend. The extensive menu is modest,featuring home-cooked Italian delights accompanied by "to die for" sauces. Barbie Lomonte and her friendly staff look forward to making your dining experience truly unforgettable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lomonte's Italian Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in West Side ›
Lomonte's Italian Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)romantic (19)special occasion (19)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (12)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Excellent food and service.JilloDined on 9/23/2014We had an excellent dinner and really enjoyed the food. Mike, our waiter, was outstanding and a genuine pleasure. I will definitely be back and will recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nicelovefoodDined on 9/20/2014Very impressed with the food. I had some italian friends visiting and they really liked the flavor of the dishes thwy had ordered. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I have been dining at Lomonte's for more than 25 years and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencePowelly25Dined on 9/17/2014I'll keep it short and sweet. If you enjoy the best service around and mouthwatering Italian meals then this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian foodKaty1986Dined on 9/10/2014Went there for a business Lunch. It was crowded and fortunately I had a reservation as there was only the one table. So, if going during the week at lunch time definitely make a reservation. Parking was a challenge as the other neighborhood restaurants are also very busy as peak times. I am continuously impressed with the quality of the food. It has always been consistent and good despite the crowd. Noise levels were high but I'll bet it is much better in the evenings or when not as busy. Service was very satisfactory as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DateNiteDined on 8/30/2014The food was d-lish! Our server, Harry, was fabulous! He recommended a wine and gave us a sample to try before we made a decision. It was very good. My only complaint, but not really a big deal, is where we sat. I'd prefer on the outside wall and not close to the bathroom or kitchen.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysAndyDined on 8/29/2014We always go here for every special occasion and i constantly go here for lunch. Great people, fantastic food, great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a quiet date night!travelbugsDined on 8/23/2014After spending a day running around with kids, my husband and I found Lomonte's to be an excellent restaurant to relax and enjoy a quiet dinner. The food and wine are outstanding, especially the Lemon Italian Creme Cake.Special Features:
- Favorite Italian local restaurantUserDined on 8/22/2014For years I have always loved dining at lomontes. Hidden local gem that always serves fabulous food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed GemRedwineVIPDined on 8/1/2014Having lived in and around Houston for 40 years I missed this very good Italian Restaurant. Wished I'd have found it before moving.Special Features:
- Never dissapointedlives4diningDined on 7/30/2014We have dined at Lamontes for special occasions for 15 years.The food is always good. The atmosphere is never too loud or crowded. I love that it feels very warm and intimate, probably because it is actually an old house. The service is consistently great! On our last visit it was superb. He was attentive but not annoying. All the food and drinks came out in good time.. He also came out with a piece of complimentary cheesecake with a candle for my daughters birthday when he brought dessert menues. I do recommend Lamontes and have recommended it at least twice since our visit last week. Last but not least, the prices are reasonable. Very good for the level of dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical Gem!BelleDined on 7/25/2014Lomonte's is a diamond in the rough! Food is excellent, ambiance unmatched, and Barbie, the owner, makes it like eating at home away from home. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have had better serviceGreatItalianGemDined on 7/25/2014Food was good as always. Waiter did not know menu. We were told an item on the menu was a cold appetizer and received a fried order that was not very good. When further asked about other items on the menu, the waiter had no clue. Prices are a bit steep for a neighborhood restaurant, especially drink prices. There is no happy hour here.Special Features:
- Great Authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014I really enjoy Lomonte's. It reminds me of the restaurant my family owned when I was a kid. The service is very good, the atmosphere suits almost any occasion, and the food is extremely delicious and authentic. I highly recommend the manicotti, lasagna, and chicken parm. Make sure to get the signature house salad that comes with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special PlacePleasedPatronDined on 6/14/2014I have been a patron of this restaurant for over 20 years. It never disappoints. It is wonderful Italian cuisine. Even the usual pasta dishes have something special about them. For instance, the Linguini with white clam sauce is simple, yet delicious and wonderful. The addition of red pepper flakes gives it a lovely mild spice that sets it apart from the same dish at other restaurants. The wait staff is always attentive without being obtrusive or annoying. I love the ambience as well, especially during the holidays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only fresher if in the water eatingASGTXDined on 6/9/2014I had a lunch meeting at Lomonte's this week. Both the service and food was amazing. I had the salmon and it was the best piece of salmon I'd eaten at a restaurant in my old age of 42. The service was professional and attentive.Special Features:
- Great food high drink priceGreatItalianGemDined on 6/7/2014Very good food with excellent Italian cuisine for a reasonable price. This is traditional Italian food and the food is not grilled however, the quality is extremely high with a nice menu selection. The bar prices are higher than standard. A house vodka martini was 12.50. I would hate to pay for a call drink there. This is a bit too pricey for a noncall drink.Special Features:
- The following 251 reviews are from the Lomonte's Italian Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014Everyone we encountered in this fabulous little gem was polite, helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and unobtrusive. Food is wonderful, hostess was cordial and everything made for a perfect evening with our dear friends.Special Features:
- Great place for date night2tiampDined on 5/3/2014I've been here a few times and every time I leave loving it more and more. This is a wonderful place for date night and also not too expensive!! I look forward to coming back to this place again and again!! amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find on OpenTable, Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2014Everyone is welcome. We had a large table with a fanily gathering across from us and several couples as well. The out door covered dining was great, the band in bar area was close enough to enjoy yet a casual conversation was easy. Food was great and Eddy was a fabulous water. We are headed back with the rest of the faminly in two weeks!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/16/2014Food was great and service wonderful. Desert could use some improvement but overall I left satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie, but goodie!!!suegieDined on 3/20/2014Lomonte's has been around for decades, and it still has that zing. Portions were huge, very diverse menu, and good service. Not wild about the shell on the cannoli, but otherwise it was wonderful. Hot, fresh, bread, great salad dressing and everything was fresh. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindJackDined on 3/11/2014This is a classic "neighborhood gem". Would not have found it without Open Table. If you find yourself in Houston and wanting to entertain a certain someone this is it. Romantic. Unrushed service. Patio and indoor tables equally delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okEDWRDined on 2/15/2014Food was good, however in a city with so many great choices it is not worth the trouble of trying to find a parking spot
- Great dining experienceBillRDined on 2/15/2014Have dined here for years and always have wonderful food and service. Very friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodDaleVIPDined on 2/7/2014Lomonte's great food and service is terrific, form the host, to the kitchen, to the wait staff, and to the bar staff. Well done! Thanks for the music!! We miss Kat leaving, but her desserts are her continuing contribution and legacy. Eddie is a great waiter!Special Features:
- Our most favorite in town.SRHENDDined on 2/4/2014Our most favorite in town. Have been customers since Barbie opened in 1986. Recommend to anyone. Best Italian food in town.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurantBonnieDined on 1/18/2014Family run - friendly - warm - great food - great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestSRHENDDined on 1/17/2014I have been a faithful customer for over 28 years of Barbie at what is now called LoMonte's (previously Pasta LoMonte's). It is the best Italian restaurant anywhere ! The service is attentive; the decor beautiful; and the food is unbelievable. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone at any time. It is our favorite restaurant in Houston! Thank you Barbie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet gemCCHOustonDined on 1/3/2014Lomonte's is a small, very nicely appointed romantic gem of a restaurant. Not far off I-10, but enough so that you feel it's a little hidden. The service, ambience and food are all very good. It's definitely worth considering for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dinner LocationdandtlavDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I went to Lomonte's for New Years Eve. We enjoyed the bruschetta appetizer and two entrees off of their special New Years Eve menu. I had a chicken dish and he had a scallop dish. Everything was very good as well as the wine and atmosphere. While it was a little pricey for Italian, it was also a special occasion so it was worth the added cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Evening DinnerNewYearDinerDined on 12/31/2013We had a most enjoyable evening with great food, service, and drink selection in a romantic atmosphere that was easy to communicate in.Special Features:
- Will be backpamhikerVIPDined on 11/22/2013Everything about this restaurant was what we were looking for, excellent food service and a low noise level. Will become our go to place for Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Place to CelebrateGailDined on 11/16/2013We were anxious to try this St. Louis-influenced Italian restaurant. The staff was very attentive & knew their menu well. They made great recommendations & even modified one of the sauces to suit my husband's taste. We loved the toasted ravioli. We plan to visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food.mrmikeDined on 11/2/2013Great service and food. Moderate wine pricing for good selection. White table clothes.Special Features:
- Lackluster foodGourmetChickDined on 11/1/2013We had great service for lunch, but the food was lackluster. I ordered the fettucine alfredo with chicken and my entree arrived nearly cold. The sauce was not even a bit warm. The sauce was also a bit greasy. The chicken was not bad. My friend enjoyed his lasagna.Special Features:
- Great DaylunchmastersDined on 10/2/2013My friends and I enjoyed the marvelous hospitality and food at Lomonte's. Our waiter was terrific and the whole experience made our little birthday lunch a great success that left us happy and at the same time reluctant to leave such an enjoyable time and place.Special Features:
- Lamonte'sNycquinDined on 9/27/2013Exquisite food and excellent service. Very pleased with overall dining experience. Will recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated family birthdayMommajudyDined on 9/21/2013Celebrated family birthday celebration for a group of 8 . They were so accommodating and the evening was perfect. Made the table for 8 into a square and everyone could chat. It was perfect. Of course the food was delicious . The toasted ravioli is a must. Thanks for a wonderful night. This is not our first visit and we will return and we do not live in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2013Dined here for the first time with my husband and a friend. The food and ambiance were very good but they were surpassed by the phenomenal service! We started with the toasted ravioli which was stuffed with ground beef and came with a marinara sauce for dipping. Two of us opted to try the specials: One was prosciutto wrapped scallops with pasta in a fra diavalo sauce and the other a eggplant and chicken rollitini type dish - both more than satisfied! The other diner chose the veal saltimboca which was outstanding as well. Had a good selection of wines that were reasonably priced to accompany the meal. Our server was extremely attentive without being suffocating. Would definitely dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.