201 South 20th Street
Saint Louis, MO 63103Neighborhood:
Downtown St. Louis
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lombardosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3146210666
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lombardo's Trattoria
Experience our authentic Italian cuisine, specializing in signature pastas, hand-cut steaks and fresh seafood as well as excellent chicken dishes, served in an upscale atmosphere. Located downtown by Union Station, Lombardo's Trattoria is the perfect place for a romantic dinner before the next concert, or event at the nearby Fox Theater, Peabody Opera House or Scottrade Center. With private banquet rooms for groups from 10 to 100 Lombardo's Trattoria is the perfect place for your next corporate function, rehearsal dinner, or family celebration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Lombardo's Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Downtown St. Louis ›
Lombardo's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)romantic (8)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (4)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great meal before showccmoDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I had a great dinner here before our show at The Peabody. Easy walk from Lombardo's. The toasted raviolis were delicious and large. Could easily eat just this and a salad. Both of our entrees were good. Service was efficient. We plan on returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRaySarVIPDined on 8/18/2014The food and service was great The wine list was amazing the was OutstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flash-fried Spinach!!!CoustersDined on 8/15/2014We ate here during Restaurant Week downtown. The offerings were plentiful, and there was no regret over any of the choices we made. There is nothing in the world like their flash-fried spinach--I could have made a meal out of it. As it was, it came as my appetizer, and the pepperloin with sherry wine sauce, side of roasted potatoes, and (glory be!) White Russian Pie for dessert was out of this world! Everyone was friendly, the atmosphere was fun, and we will be back!Special Features:
- MartyDined on 8/14/2014Our experience at Lombardo's was once again a great dining. The spinach was a treat as usual and the ravioli excellent. Thank you!Special Features:
- DisappointingTexalanaDined on 7/23/2014Lombardo's was one of my favorite restaurants, but the last time I dined there I was disappointed. There was only one other table when we were there, but the service was sorely lacking. Also, the food wasn't as good as usual. I wonder if this location will close soon.
- Cozy diningTeamWRDined on 7/20/2014The service was spectacular, however, the food was mediocre.Special Features:
- The following 69 reviews are from the Lombardo's Trattoria reviews archive.
- ExcellentThomasMDined on 6/21/2014Rich was one of the best waiters I've ever had. The lobster ravioli was absolutely amazing. I would recommend ordering the seafood linguineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met All Expectations!LocalguyDined on 6/21/2014Made reservations without knowing anything about this restaurant other then the info on OpenTable. It was for my parent's 60th Wedding Anniversary. We headed to dinner after a very, very hot Cards game. The entire staff was great and acknowledged their anniversary. Service great and good too! Don't miss this Italian gem.Special Features:
- Great food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014Had lots of choices to eat in St Louis when it come to fine Italian food. Lombardo's has to be right up there with the best. Toasted ravioli appetizer was amazing, the best I've ever had. My wife had filet and I had lobster risotto which both were great. The best came at the end with dessert. You must try the Russian black pie, it's to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014What a great experience!!! The food was marvelous and so was Michael!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary.....AnniversaryDined on 6/7/2014My husband proposed to me at Lombardo's so we return there for any important date or occasion in our relationship. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary a few days early by staying at the Drury Inn for the weekend and then having dinner at Lombardo's. It is always wonderful and better than the last time. He can get his "steak and potatoes" and I can get something more exotic in the way of fish. I never manage to order off the menu, because the specials always blow me away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AccommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Accommodating is what Lombardo's was....they LISTENED to our needs and our time restraints. Great waiter named Mitch was keeping an watchful eye on our time since we had season tickets to the Peabody. Food was very good and a lot of it...wine list was exceptional. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs upTboneDined on 4/12/2014This was a great place. Kind of strange under hotel set up, but that's the only downside. We started off with stuffed fried ravioli and salads with a great wine. The food was perfectly prepared, tasted incredible, and the serivics was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very busy early on this SaturdayLifterVIPDined on 3/29/2014Very busy early on this Saturday night with a Blues game. The best toasted ravioli in the city, hands down, a must. Veal dishes are excellent. Lombardo's has been a long time favorite for us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Scottrade for theStephenTVIPDined on 3/21/2014We went to Scottrade for the basketball games and I wanted to find something more upscale than Hard Rock café. We were quite surprised at the wonderful experience that we enjoyed. It started with perfect service. Mick was welcoming without being overbearing. He knew the menu well and described entrees to us with a flair that made your mouth water. Then he let us know what the restaurant was famous for and gave us time to decide. The food was wonderful. The house made caesar dressing was perfect. My daughter who is an Italian food nut, said it was some of the best she ever had. I had the special of surf and turf. It was a filet gorgonzola and two stuffed shrimp. Wonderful and very filling. Great service and good price point.Special Features:
- Food just NOT good!!!AdamVIPDined on 3/12/2014Evening started well but went downhill fast. Good preparation by the kitchen was just bad. It's all I can say. Server and manager tried to make it right but there was no saving that experience. If the good is bad nothing is going to fix it.
- Good time...ISU23Dined on 3/8/2014We called ahead and got right in for dinner. Down side it took almost 20 minutes to get a drink or even noticed by a waiter / waitresses. Was never offered a salad or bread. We will be back because the food is amazing and hope this was just a fluke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lombardo's-always a great choice.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014Lombardo's has a wonderful flash fried spinach appetizer. It is light and melts in your mouth. I've had it at other restaurants but Lombardo's tops them all. It is our "go to" when we want a great steak. Since it is in downtown St. Louis, there are usually people there before and after sporting events so it's a casual atmosphere. I would have to say it is one of our favorite restaurants in the St. Louis metro area. It is always consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A return to excellence!KellkazamDined on 2/15/2014We were a little lost and almost 30 minutes late for our reservation... We called hoping we could still be accommodated, as it was near 10 p.m. and the staff was just fabulous! They got us there, gave us a beautiful table, and the service was phenomenal. The filet mignon and lobster tail were wonderful, as well as the New York strip. I'd also recommend the cheese garlic bread and toasted ravioli- they were stuffed to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodTimBDined on 2/15/2014Me and my wife went for a valentines day dinner(one day late), and had a wonderful time. They even gave my wife a rose after dinner, which my wife really appreciated. They have a good varity of food choices, (in the italian catagory) and a great winelist, which we took advantage of I must say. Food was cooked as ordered, and the service was prompt and friendly. They also have a small bar for after dinner if your into that. We both enjoyed our time there. I will be recommending them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to previous visitsAndyBVIPDined on 2/14/2014Lombardo's is one of our favorite restaurants in St. Louis, but on this trip it just didn't measure up. I'm sure part of the issue was visiting on Valentine's Day - I know better than frequent restaurants on holidays like this and New Year's eve, etc. The food was still very good, but the service was much worse than normal. My wife and I both commented that it was service similar to a Denny's or IHop - take your order, bring the food, bring the check - that was it. The pacing on the meal was also horrible - bread arrived right away, salads at least 30 minutes later, main entries the minute they removed the salad plates. And for all of this, we paid a premium because of the holiday. We will return, but probably going to be awhile.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatBobbylowDined on 2/14/2014We've been to many of the well known Italian restaurants on the hill. This one, while not on the hill, rates pretty average. Service was ok and so was meal. Ambience had something to be desired. Could really use an update. One note was that they are known for toasted ravioli sand they were indeed the best we've had.Special Features:
- I've dined here 3 times butDerrickVIPDined on 2/1/2014I've dined here 3 times but only one visit was a very good dinning experience.
- Long standing tradition. A+ again.JBB3Dined on 2/1/2014We enjoyed a birthday dinner for my daughter. Everyone had the filet and it was cooked to perfection. Our waitress was attentive and kept drinks refilled. We have been customers for over 15 years and will continue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The portions were great; theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014The portions were great; the taste was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerCiaoDined on 1/18/2014Lombardo's is our family choice for special occasions. We have frequented Lombardo's regularly for each family members birthday. Our daughter just celebrated 16 years of birthdays at Lombardo's. Awesome food... a special place for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- there are other choicesMarioVIPDined on 12/19/2013Slow service. I had a diet coke and never even was offered a refill. Our waitress was disengaged, slow and disorganized.
- Has outstanding toasted raviolimikeopentableusrDined on 12/18/2013We have been to Lombardo's a number of time and the food is always excellent. I get different dishes each time because they all sound so good. And their toasted ravioli really is one of the best in St. Louis. Tastes fresh and home made - Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for any occasion!SteakloverDined on 12/17/2013I have entertained clients and have had lunch and dinners with family and friends. The food and service is always outstanding. The staff will go out of their way to handle special requests. Best toasted ravioli in town and you have to try the shrimp dijon and flash fried spinach appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Offers very good Italian food,IzzyDined on 11/23/2013Offers very good Italian food, fast service, and reasonable pricing. This is a great place before or after a hockey game or other event at Scottrade Center. They offer free valet parking and it is just a short 3-block walk. Even after a tip, you save $10 minimum on parking for events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday traditionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013Family has chosen Lombardo's for years as a "birthday / special occasion" restaurant. We have tried others but keep coming back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate experiencegatewaytothewestVIPDined on 10/29/2013A co-worker recommended the restaurant. It was a disappointing experience. My entrée was lukewarm and not what I ordered. When my originally-ordered entrée arrived, it was also lukewarm and had a metallic, bitter taste. I couldn't eat it. My friend liked his lasagna. Our waiter was personable and full of stories; however, he did place the wrong order for me.
- Great Italian in St. LouisBostonMikeVIPDined on 10/27/2013I recently travelled to St. Louis for the World Series and asked a few of the locals for a good Italian place and more than one recommended Lombardo's Trattoria. We made a reservation for Sunday evening, prior to the game. What a great place. We walked there from the Sheraton so getting there is walkable from downtown. The food was amazing! Being from Boston, it reminded me of the North End. I especially enjoyed the homemade toasted raviolis... I ordered the chicken parmigiana and it was amazing! Wine list was impressive as well. They have a great little bar area while you wait for a table and of course they take reservations via Open Table. Will for sure be eating here when I come back in Feb next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasions go-to placeMrsBrandonjayDined on 9/24/2013Me and my husband are very particular people when it comes to food and Lambardos never cease to amaze us. We have gone to Lambardos for our birthdays, anniversary snd Valentines Day. This last visit was for our anniversary. I had the linguine seafood and it was amazing as usual. My husband hsd the chicken gargonzela (not sure if that's spelled right) and it was absolutely delicious. Great food with out a dress code. Love, love, love this place.Special Features:
- awesome experiencechuckeatsalotDined on 9/13/2013Excellent food with great atmosphere. I would gladly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be 4.5 starsSIGFOODDined on 9/11/2013This place is great - great food and great, warm service. The first of two visits in Sept. 2013 was perfect and would rate 4 to 5 stars. The second night, they were very busy. Though the waiter was attentive, the food cam very slowly. Otherwise, the food was great again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you go to Lombardo's, youLifterVIPDined on 8/31/2013If you go to Lombardo's, you have to get the toasted ravioli, easily the best in the city. Tonight, the rest of the meal was up to their level.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Special OccasionmarfVIPDined on 8/27/2013This place has been my parents anniversary place for over 20 years ,and they finally took me when I graduation college. The food is excellent and the wine list has some of my favorites. Once I ate their I knew why my parents came there every year.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantHillaryDined on 8/23/2013We enjoyed it. Top-notch Italian food. A nice formal place for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to go back!knot262Dined on 8/21/2013We reacquainted ourselves with Lombardo's during Downtown Restaurant Week and were thrilled. The food and wine were excellent and the service matched the both of them. We had not been in a number of years and really cannot remember why we stopped but this visit reminded us what an excellent restaurant this is. There were six of us and all ordered something different with some variation on beef, we were all very pleased. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.