2500 University Ave
Madison, WI 53705Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lombardinos.com/
- Phone: 6082381922
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Patrick Ohalloran
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our catering is custom for every event. Please contact Michael at email@example.com.
A word from Lombardino's
Lombardino"s Restaurant, a staple in Madison, WI since 1952, features a chef driven menu that changes with the seasons. With the 1950's Italian American kitschy decor, one will find excellent, simply made Italian food of the utmost quality in a comfortable neighborhood restaurant setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lombardino's reviews from OpenTable diners
- ExcellentchuckeddieDined on 3/29/2014Four different entrees, four happy campers. If your after lasagna or spaghetti with meatballs look for a different Italian restaurant. This is an upscale Italian restaurant with choices from rabbit stew to pork shoulder to pan seared halibut. Apple donuts and gelato were excellent deserts. Service spectacular, atmosphere "collegey".Special Features:
- This was our first time, itJaxmsnDined on 3/28/2014This was our first time, it was great! the servers were very attentive and the food was amazing! I'm italian and this food was authentic! we'll be going back!Special Features:
- Lombardinos is awesome!JohnDined on 3/26/2014As an Italian and foodie this is clearly the top Italian restaurant in in Madison, and one of the best restaurants, period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodHungryHippoDined on 3/26/2014Just returned from New Orleans where we dined at some of their top restaurants. Lombardino's menu and quality of food were every bit as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in MadisonPamDDined on 3/25/2014The food is always great and the menu changes seasonally with a few of their special dishes offered year-round. The service is both personable and professional. When I want Italian in Madison, Lombardino's is my first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Updated ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2014Old world charm with modern local food movement chefs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmosphere,AngieDined on 3/22/2014Good food and atmosphere, with friendly wait staff and great service. Have been returning customers and always been satisfied with our evenings there.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 3/20/2014Lombardino's does hit it just right more often than not; Good use of local products and nice seasonal choices;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lombardino's surpassed expectationsFoodJunkieDined on 3/17/2014We'd hadn't been to eat here since '06. Expected it to be good but were blown away by attention to detail. Everything was great. Food and service. We ordered off the specials menu. Started with calamari appetizer. Tender, flavorful. Came with red sauce and horse radish. Perfect. My wife chose chianti for wine. Very good. We ordered entrees off the specials menu for that day. I had an organic mushroom ragu. Out of this world. My wife had scallops, shrimps, muscles on pasta. Tasted wonderful. If there was one criticism, it would be that she thought it would be on top of more pasta. Was only a handful of small noodles. Desert was cherry gelato with a Door County topping. Excellent. Waitress was very attentive. Just an overall great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good timetburgDined on 3/16/2014My experience at lombardinos was fantastic. The waitress was very nice, the restaurant itself was fun to look at, and the food was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pure ItalianKCnMXDined on 3/16/2014Rich menu and assortment of wines. Nice specials we also available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lombardinos experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Bartenders and servers were excellent. Food and drinks were great. Especially liked the appetizer that was dates with gorgonzola on soprasato (?). Enjoyed the atmosphere and corner bar/restaurant ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best bruschetta and eggplantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2014The best bruschetta and eggplant we've ever tasted. Served with competence in a lively dining room, it's no wonder that even on a Thursday night, every table was occupied. This really is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeBossDined on 3/9/2014Lombardino's was a good place to eat but I would only go for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy the eveningKevshDined on 3/8/2014Everything was SPOT ON... Booked for a special evening and wasn't disappointed... Service was amazing, food couldn't have been better and we could have a conversation without talking over the next table... Will continue to visit till we have tried everything on the menu.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timer = Very Satisfied!BrookeMadisonFoodLoverDined on 3/8/2014Our group of four tried a few of the appetizers including the gorgonzola stuffed dates, anti pasta special with custard cheese, prosciutto and mushrooms on thick toasted yet soft bread and the calamari. I loved this and the presentation was fab! The dates were also very tasty, my only suggestion would be if they could find bigger dates for stuffing. The pork shoulder tagliatelle with golden raisins and pine nuts I loved. Dessert was the rum budino which was also pleasantly received. Lots of the pudding and maybe not quite enough of the salted caramel, served in a shorty mason jar, with silvered hazel nuts on top. Yum! I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally tried it...and loved it!WiscoCoupleDined on 3/8/2014I've been meaning to go to Lombardino's since I was in college at UW-Madison. Years later, I finally made it here with my significant other and his parents to celebrate his birthday. We were given a great table in the back corner, away from the entrance and bar area so it was nice and quiet. The atmosphere and ambience was like being in old world Italy in an authentic restaurant. Our waitress was very sweet and attentive, and answered all of our questions about the menu with lots of knowledge and details. We ordered the calamari, bruschetta, two pizzas, and the sausage oriechette and sea scallops entrees. All were absolutely delicious! Couldn't have walked out of there more satisfied! Will definitely be dining here again in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestChefJVIPDined on 3/8/2014Lombo's is the most consistently satisfying and innovative place around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return to Lombardino'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Went there as I remembered it from my days in high school (early 70's, my parents loved the place) and wanted my wife to see it. Naturally the menu has changed a bit, but the place looked the same inside including the great miniature fountain up front. Limited parking is available, but the food was great, the staff friendly, and, it was quiet enough for us to have a conversation with each other. Over all a very nice experience and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be ReturningKateDined on 3/1/2014First time at this restaurant, had been recommended by a friend. Excellent in all categories - food, service, ambience. We will be visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivinejudyDined on 2/28/2014This was an all-around great dinner. Excellent salads and entrees, and nice appetizers. Nice wine list. Excellent service. We had a large group and everything went without a hitch. I highly recommend Lombardinos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard not to shareGBearDined on 2/27/2014The service was outstanding despite being very busy. Never had to ask for another fork, etc. Possibly the best house salad in Madison, mixed greens with fennel, shaved very thinly. The entrees were all well presented and seasoned to our tastes. Hard not to share between the three of us. The desserts while fairly ordinary were quite good. I would highly recommend Lombardino's with only a slight hesitation, the parking. A 2 block bone chilling walk on a below zero night.Special Features:
- Dinner with Italian visitorSpokedaddyDined on 2/24/2014My company was hosting a visitor from Italy for a couple days so I asked friends for the best Italian cuisine in Madison and was steered toward Lombardinos, so, we had a dinner with 6 people there. I found the facility, service, staff and presentation very good. I found the food to be less than stellar, all good, well presented, very hot and fresh just to me lacked spark. I am married to a chef so I am spoiled and don't often find restaurants exceeding my expectations for cuisine. Still, would go back and would recommend for groups and friends, all in all enjoyable. ciaoSpecial Features:
- Love it!lombarloverDined on 2/23/2014This restaurant has delicious and fresh food, affordable prices, beautiful ambience, and fantastic service. Would recommend it to anyone! I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedMWWIDined on 2/22/2014I love Lombardino's, they always come through. It doesn't come off as super fancy, but the food is.Special Features:
- Delicious seasonal menu!BirthdayGirlDined on 2/21/2014I choose to celebrate my birthday at Lombardino's. It's as close to Italy as we can get in Madison. Eggplant dish was prepared very well and enjoyed with the Super Tuscan. Interesting new seasonal choices on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking is a real problem!!MVPDinersDined on 2/19/2014Parking is a real problem!! Food was excellent and service was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While visiting from ChicagoChris50Dined on 2/18/2014While visiting from Chicago with a million great restaurants this was a find in Madison. The dates with Gorgonzola on genoa salami with balsamic was amazing, (sounded strange but good!). The pizza was also goodSpecial Features:
- Love this placemagr2fDined on 2/16/2014This is the best Italian restaurant in Madison by far. It's got an old-school, neighborhood Italian restaurant vibe. It's refreshing compared to all the Food Fight restaurants. Great food, attentive service, relatively dark, quiet atmosphere. Perfect for a date or a family dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!!!MoyerDined on 2/15/2014This was our first experience at Lombardino's... and it won't be our last. Very delicious menu, great ambiance, great service (with a smile), and overall wonderful experience. This was a great night out italian diner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was very impressed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Was very impressed with the food and service. The prices are a little expensive but definitely worth it!Special Features:
- Have eaten here a few timesbyankeeDined on 2/14/2014Have eaten here a few times now and the food is delicious! Frequent changes on the menu for variety and knowledgeable staff. I would recommend to anyone seeking the best Italian in the Madison area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2014With a Sicilian spouse, Italian food is a staple in my house. I love the food here. It is so rich and tasty and I like that they add little twists on old Italian favorites. Like the pickled Bruscheta or a horseradish cream sauce. Those weren't in my grandma's kitchen! You will not walk away hungry with solid portion sizes and rich sauces. A good date night place :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five people seated, five differentgoodlittleeaterDined on 2/13/2014Five people seated, five different entrees....each dish scrumptious! Seafood was very fresh, pasta cooked to perfection, sauces rich and satisfying, salad crisp and cold, cocktails unique and delicious, and the service was impeccable. Don't miss a chance to eat at this local, one-of-a-kind restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always....EricDined on 2/13/2014Lombardino's is the best italian restaurant in Madison in my opinion. The calamari is out of this world....Any italian dish is amaing....I like to combine a Tenderloin steak with the Eggplant dish that they make. Make sure you make a reservation....as I have called to late to get a reservation for Friday and Saturday....Special Features:
- Nice celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2014Seafood pasta was nicely spicy and delicious. Slow-roasted pork shoulder was very tender and tasty - the risotto it was served with was TOO SALTY! Pistachio cake was decadent and fabulously different. Overall, a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Serviceluv2dineDined on 2/9/2014We haven't eaten here in years, and we are so glad we came back. The food was great and the service was one of the best I've had in years. So glad we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- straight up fine foodMarioDined on 2/8/2014We got the roasted olives and were impressed how something so relatively basic could taste so good. Our bruschetta was also good with a little spin on the traditional style. Our pasta dishes were cooked to perfection and we liked that there was a focus on using local ingredients and vendors. Friendly and helpful wait staff too. Overall a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/7/2014One of the top two or three restaurants in Madison. Always some interesting specials, though the standard menu never gets old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyClaireDined on 2/6/2014Lombardino's is a family favorite and it has stood the test of time. From the bread and olive oil that arrives before your meal begins to the fabulous meat, fish, and pasta selections, everything is scrumptious. On top of that, the appetizers are big enough to share among 3 or more people and the main courses usually yield leftovers. I just wish i could go back more often.Special Features: